Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dexie posted:

Huh. They actually named the individual Super Mega Zords. I don't think Gokaiger ever actually used the names of the individual Gokai Vehicles at any point in the show, did they?

EDIT: Also I like that they didn't even try to explain why the SUPER LEGENDARY POWER UP MODE turns them into a group of pirates.

As someone in my Power Rangers thread over in TVIV pointed out, it wouldn't be any better than the explanation for the Black-to-Green switch.

"Hey, why are we Pirates now?"
"Well, you see-" BIGASS EXPLOSIONS "-never mind, go save the city!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jivjov posted:

As someone in my Power Rangers thread over in TVIV pointed out, it wouldn't be any better than the explanation for the Black-to-Green switch.

"Hey, why are we Pirates now?"
"Well, you see-" BIGASS EXPLOSIONS "-never mind, go save the city!"
Wish that it had the same writers as RPM now, which was a legitimately great season, and highlighted every goofy thing about the series, including the differences between the dub (Big googly anime eye-d zords)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I had to watch most of it when my daughter had a Power Rangers series kick on Netflix. Its fine but after about halfway it's kinda is just meh. The story is fine I just never.....idk its hard to explain I just never really got invested into any of the characters or cared about anybody except Doc K. Also the goofy Zords and costumes really clashed with the wannabe snarky dialogue and SRS BUSINESS plot.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RBX posted:

I had to watch most of it when my daughter had a Power Rangers series kick on Netflix. Its fine but after about halfway it's kinda is just meh. The story is fine I just never.....idk its hard to explain I just never really got invested into any of the characters or cared about anybody except Doc K. Also the goofy Zords and costumes really clashed with the wannabe snarky dialogue and SRS BUSINESS plot.
It's the last good writing you'll see until they cancel Power Rangers again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I liked SPD way better. Very Rewatchable. If RPM wasn't trying to do a half assed "deconstruction" (Which means a few easy jokes here and there) and either fully embraced being a serious series or silly series it would be better. Lost Galaxy and Time Force beats RPM.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHZaFvL7Q2M

Apollove
May 31, 2013

I'm not crying I just have something in my eye. :cry:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Anyone who didn't grin ear to ear and sing along with the ending theme is the absolute opposite of brave. :colbert:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is it possible to hope for the final ep of Kyoryuger to release subbed today? I can only watch on Sundays and I don't want to wait. :(

Also, the Heisei Riders have tipped the balance and are now winning, I believe. I'm so sorry, badass old men, but Double is a Heisei Rider. :(

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Heisei is allowed to win on account of Kisaragi Gentaro alone.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rei_ posted:

Heisei is allowed to win on account of Kisaragi Gentaro alone.

I voted Showa, because it's Showa, but I still have my hopes up for a defection of Gen and Shotaro to the superior side.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Has Gentaro's actor been confirmed to come back for this? I figured the clips would have shown him by now if that was the case.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Serperoth posted:

I voted Showa, because it's Showa, but I still have my hopes up for a defection of Gen and Shotaro to the superior side.

Shotaro's actor is a huge Kamen Rider Black fan, isn't he? That would be amazing. I bet the Joker v Black fight was a dream come true anyway.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
It's probably too much to hope for, but I really want Saban to hire Bob Baldwin to be Dino Charge Light Blue.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

toomanyninjas posted:

It's probably too much to hope for, but I really want Saban to hire Bob Baldwin to be Dino Charge Light Blue.

This would be the best, especially if they still had him speak broken japanese.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Post your theories for what they'll change the Dino Charge morphers to. :v:

Apollove
May 31, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Either change it to cellphones, swords, or in a surprising twist keep them as guns but go out of their way to say they aren't guns at all.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SpazmasterX posted:

They'll keep the guns, they're in too much suit footage to get rid of

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

Remote controls.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

The Go-Busters morphers. I think Saban said some elements of GoBus would be in Dino Charge anyway, so.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

drrockso20 posted:

They'll keep the guns, they're in too much suit footage to get rid of

Oh, they'll keep the guns. But they won't want the implication of firing a gun to morph. Think of the children.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
What if they were only in suits for like two minutes: The Finale

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think the actual important thing to think about is what role Tommy Oliver will have in this series. Gold or Silver?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think the actual important thing to think about is what role Tommy Oliver will have in this series. Gold or Silver?

Deathryuger probably. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blaze Dragon posted:

Silver. He's already done a giant brachiosaur before. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm curious. Do subs for the Japanese Spiderman exist anywhere?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dexie posted:

Edit: Oh no, it seems like they don't have any streaming at all anymore!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 10, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
YAY Utchy lives!
Awww, Daigo lives

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dexie posted:

Yes but it's been licensed.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Just finished the DinoSamba finale. It had everything I ever wanted except one final All 10 Roll Call with Shinya, Yuko and Dantetsu. All the Ulshadiness made up for a lot of it, though. I know I should be looking at this episode and the previous two as one long finale but it would have been nice to see some more suit time at the end instead of King being the Greatest Warrior Ever.

I suppose I also would have loved an epilogue with Nossan and Candelira living together with Yuko and Rika, but I can live with how they resolved it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Literally The Worst posted:

Yes but it's been licensed.

And worse, it's been licensed but unreleased anywhere. GAAH.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So wait I've been wondering. To-Q-Ger involves a copious amount of "Imagination" to fuel their powers and whatever. And imagination and delusion aren't too far off, so...could it be...is there a chance we could get To-Q-Ger X Akibaranger the movie? :allears: don't crush my hopes too soon

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Apollove posted:

So wait I've been wondering. To-Q-Ger involves a copious amount of "Imagination" to fuel their powers and whatever. And imagination and delusion aren't too far off, so...could it be...is there a chance we could get To-Q-Ger X Akibaranger the movie? :allears: don't crush my hopes too soon

Emphatic no and moreover I'm glad Akibaranger isn't a thing for the time being at least.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm still waiting for a Marvel-esque end credit sequence in the next team up movie where Akibaranger run in after all the action is over.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
So if what I just read on RangerWiki is true and Candelira is going to be the new Kyoryuger mentor in the V-Cinema, then that's going to be way more awesome than I can imagine. If true, was this out there and I just missed it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I still need to sit down and watch it subbed...but man...I'm gonna miss Kyoryuger. I think the cast of Gokaiger is still my favorite, but Kyoryu was just so FUN all the way through.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
That finale pissed me off. Daigo with a solo finish. Yayoi has to watch Amy and Daigo together. No Candy+Nossan. No 10 way roll call. Terrible way to end such an awesome sentai.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm trying to watch it but goddamn KingxAmy is forced as hell and really putting a damper on things for me.

Dr Tran posted:

That finale pissed me off. Daigo with a solo finish. Yayoi has to watch Amy and Daigo together. No Candy+Nossan. No 10 way roll call. Terrible way to end such an awesome sentai.
They did the 10 way roll call several episodes back though. I guess they knew they couldn't fit it into the final episode?

EDIT: Dr. Ulshade is getting plenty of screen time though. That makes me happy.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 10, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It feels a lot better if you watch 47 and 48 back to back. 47 has the rest of the team, 48 has King's final stand against Deboss and the wrapup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Apollove posted:

As much as I love Akibaranger, it's meant to be kept aside from the rest of the other Sentai and fits there. Being too involved doesn't allow it to really take the piss out of itself and sentai as effectively. I wouldn't mind another season though.

• Locked thread