Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Not sure if it's any consolation, but it's not an Airborne/military parachutists tattoo. It's the logo rock/metal band Airbourne. Of course, it's still a terrible tattoo, but perhaps it does not have quite so many bad connotations for others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

This is the new thread worst for me. I can let people slide who had a good (or even cliche) idea in their head but didn't know enough to hunt for a decent artist in their area. I can even excuse goofy, one off inside joke tattoos or whatever (comparatively). But this is just ...

Also why is he only hairy around his navel :barf:

Is this art? This is art isn't it.

Art should be something that upsets you.

fullroundaction has a new favorite as of 13:53 on Mar 28, 2014

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

O.K, read.

'Reckless and relentless?'

I'm guessing it's a band tattoo for the band Asking Alexandria. That's the name of one of their albums.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Came up on my Facebook.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Apr 2, 2014

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

CeramicPig posted:

Came up on my Facebook.

I like the concept.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
Its main problem is that it comes too soon after that truck tattoo. The angel could have been done much better, but that lovely truck is a hard act to follow. I like the blue wings but the left leg is godawful and it looks like it has 3 flappy breasts.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland
Searching for "Led Zeppelin tattoo" actually yielded some pretty cool results.

Love the coloring and shading on this. Not sure what's making it go all wonk in the middle, though.

I like this because it doesn't actually say LED ZEPPELIN on it or have a stock image from an album cover. It's cool when people get creative with fan tattoos.

I'm so in love with this piece. I feel like I've seen this artists work before, probably in the YLLS tattoo thread. I don't even like Led Zeppelin that much and I'd have this tattoo. It rocks.

Of course, everything can't be well done...

Not bad technically, but seriously, permanent Zep shirt.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ED-E My Love posted:

Searching for "Led Zeppelin tattoo" actually yielded some pretty cool results.

Love the coloring and shading on this. Not sure what's making it go all wonk in the middle, though.

The dude is flexing slightly so the muscle is distorting the picture.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol the old male model standing in for a women model. Oops gotta add boobs and lop off the wang!

I was taught that Michelangelo did such rubbish female sculptures/paintings because he was so gay he just did not like having to draw the icky female form.

So is that supposed to be an ambigram...?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Band tattoos?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
That composition seems familiar.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Namenlos posted:

I was taught that Michelangelo did such rubbish female sculptures/paintings because he was so gay he just did not like having to draw the icky female form.

Same. I'm pretty sure he spent almost no time whatsoever looking at naked ladies.

Namenlos posted:

So is that supposed to be an ambigram...?

Love/Liof ?

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

Say Nothing posted:

Band tattoos?

I didn't know chuck norris was in greenday

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

The Dark One posted:

I wonder how much his heart sinks when someone says "do you want to see my tattoo?"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Shelf Adventure posted:

I wonder how much his heart sinks when someone says "do you want to see my tattoo?"

Brent Spiner is like the patron saint of irony, his heart probably skips a beat with joy at poo poo like that.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

anguished blurs

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

The Dark One posted:

Took me a while to figure out that that's the Enterprise, not a cross section of a human brain.

Minster
Mar 4, 2014

Right, right.

Sorbus posted:

You can save money if you have 1) a mirror 2) a tattoo machine #lifehacks
One of those things is a dragon :confused:

Does anyone have an idea, how much intelligence quotient you've gotta have to do something like that? what leads to make decisions like that, i don't get it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Minster posted:

Does anyone have an idea, how much intelligence quotient you've gotta have to do something like that? what leads to make decisions like that, i don't get it.

Somehow I missed this one when it was originally posted. It looks like sharpie to me, so I did an image search to see if I could find a backstory.

Can't find anything else on it. :(

Edit: No wonder I didn't remember seeing it in the thread. It's from the 1st page.

Bored has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Mar 29, 2014

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah it's real. Someone on our Finnish 4chan-like board found his personal info. Apparently he has lasered most of them now.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Istari posted:

Same. I'm pretty sure he spent almost no time whatsoever looking at naked ladies.

Love/Liof ?

Love / Lust apparently

my eye is kinda hosed up at the moment so at first I thought it was trying to say Love / Anal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Dark One posted:

Is that Trip and Malcolm on either side of Data?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Miss Kalle posted:

Love / Lust apparently

That was what I saw, but I did have to flip my laptop screen over

quote:

my eye is kinda hosed up at the moment so at first I thought it was trying to say Love / Anal.

hahahaha now that is all I see

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Is this supposed to be ironic? I don't know what anything means anymore. :psyduck:

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

Minster posted:

Sorbus posted:

You can save money if you have 1) a mirror 2) a tattoo machine #lifehacks
One of those things is a dragon :confused:

Looks like he got it removed. :(

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Looks like it hurt like hell, too.

Good.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kinmik posted:

Is this supposed to be ironic? I don't know what anything means anymore. :psyduck:

Ironic or not I used to know a few people who I absolutely believe would get a tattoo like that without a single shred of irony.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rech posted:

Looks like he got it removed. :(
[/quote]

Why did they pixelate his nearly closed eyes. As if there is another dumbass with that tattoo and we must protect their identity.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

kinmik posted:

No. If he were black, it would be ironic.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Why did they pixelate his nearly closed eyes. As if there is another dumbass with that tattoo and we must protect their identity.

Well now that he doesn't have that on his face, he's not going to be as noticeable after.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

The Land of the Robots will rise again

abu ghraib prison tat ?!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Captain Trips posted:

Looks like it hurt like hell, too.

Good.

The article says that you barely feel the treatment due to use of numbing gel. It does say though that you have to keep it away from sun light for 2-3 months or the pigments might darken again. I like to think he had to wear a balaclava every time he went out for three months.

Dead Jedi
Oct 25, 2010

I had to be rather surreptitious about taking this, what with all the MMA participants present.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

I'm not positive but I think that's an illegal move in mma.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

I'm not positive but I think that's an illegal move in mma.

No Holes Barred fighting.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Dead Jedi posted:

I had to be rather surreptitious about taking this, what with all the MMA participants present.

I'd be more worried about the little girl with the jump-rope.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Apparently it's a temporary tattoo but it's still very tastless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Dead Jedi posted:

I am not shocked in the least that a mixed martial artist would have a tat of the shocker. But my understanding is that an unfortunate number of them have wrong ideas of what self defense is.

• Locked thread