Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TsWA2S-Qxk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

On one hand I'm glad they're no longer just shoving in songs from the original with little forethought. On the otherhand because of this gt reject sounding score we're probably not going to get something cool like the orchestral version of dragon soul playing for the final spirit bomb.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh yeah you guys do realize the first new episode came out almost 3 days ago? Right? Right?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Stairmaster posted:

oh yeah you guys do realize the first new episode came out almost 3 days ago? Right? Right?

Did not know that at all. Awesome!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, I've been binging through that Dragon Ball Multiverse fancomic linked in the OP. I've been really surprised by how much I've enjoyed it. The dialogue's a little stilted and the basic concept requires you to accept a fair bit of silliness, but the fights are a lot of fun, as are the various characters all trying to have fun or pursue their own evil/mysterious agendas without pissing off one of the uber-powered characters like Vegitto or Alternate Universe Super Duper Buu.

I really like the recent bit where Alternate Tien tried to seal Alternate Super Buu with the Mafuba in their match, ala King Piccolo. It probably won't work, but it's a fun idea.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 9, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I really like the recent bit where Alternate Tien tried to seal Alternate Super Buu with the Mafuba in their match, ala King Piccolo. It probably won't work, but it's a fun idea.

I love how Goku is all "Oh wow, why did we forget about that technique?"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh yeah, and multiverse actually lets women go Super Saiyan and punch things and be marginally important to the plot, which is nice.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Infinite realities and broken clocks have a lot in common.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Just watched Found Out! The New Hero is Son Gohan and I loved it. Except I thought Saiyaman saga was all filler?

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 13, 2014

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

korusan posted:

Just watched Found Out! The New Hero is Son Gohan and I loved it. Except I thought Saiyaman saga was all filler?

Multiple episodes of the Sayiaman Saga are filler. It's two or three chapters in the manga, used to transition from Gohan's High School to the World Tournament.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So the Dragon Ball Heroes avatars got their new designs all set up.

I dig Genome's (Cell lookalike) wing/scarf/cape thing, kinda Gargoyles-ish.
Also hey the SS3 designs for the girls.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 14, 2014

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

StrifeHira posted:

Some of those are pretty cool, but most of them are overdesigned to hell and back. Especially those Arcosians. It's the post Red/Blue Pokémon all over again.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
If anything most of the designs are at least unique, compared to previous iterations. The male Android's previous were all about raiding 17's closet, the first Saiyan dude, Beat, was using the same Kame-style gi Goku and pals always wore, the first Namek hero was literally Piccolo's outfit, and... the less said about the girl android, the better.

Also there are plenty of good Pokemon designs post Red/Blue.:colbert:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Salaga(Kid Buu Majin) and the Super Saiyan 3's look so badass. :allears:

I agree that the new designs are a step up. The older ones were straight up small versions of [character] with a few differences.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I'm sure there was some advantage to building a fat clown android, but I'm just not seeing it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Caros posted:

I'm sure there was some advantage to building a fat clown android, but I'm just not seeing it.

I thought that was a joke!

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Yeah, the more I look at them the more I like them. I think it's mostly the Arcosians that rub me the wrong way. Too many random spikes and doo-dads. One of the best things about Freeza was how simple, yet effective, his design was (except that awful third form, which fits in with these new guys).

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

StrifeHira posted:

I don't know what is best here, the bottom Emperor Piccolo in super-spiky armor or Admiral Buu.

I really want a game where I can play these sayans though, holy gently caress. A beat-em-up RPG or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I really want a game where I can play these sayans though, holy gently caress. A beat-em-up RPG or something.

Good news! There's a long-running RPG franchise with designs like that!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Good news! There's a long-running RPG franchise with designs like that!

Dragon Quest is fun, but doesn't exactly have those designs. Or a beatemup aspect.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordaedil posted:

Dragon Quest is fun, but doesn't exactly have those designs. Or a beatemup aspect.

Neither does Dragon Ball Heroes, don't worry.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
More than anything, the image just leaves me asking myself "What the hell is going on with the stance the bottom fem-Saiyan is trying to cut?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

More than anything, the image just leaves me asking myself "What the hell is going on with the stance the bottom fem-Saiyan is trying to cut?"

She's mastering the ultimate technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoaTeGSlLg

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Clearly, she's the only one who's on to the Golgom plot.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Seriously, guys, power levels are bullshit. I think my favourite part of the Cell saga is that there's nobody around to say, "well, 18 and 17 are like power level 80 million, and Cell is like power level 90 million, so when he absorbed them both it was a straight addition so Perfect Cell is now power level 250 million, there's no way our power level 100 million Goku could ever hope to beat him!" :v:

The numbers are utterly, utterly meaningless. Think of your favourite RPG, did the fact that the last boss had several dozen times your HP matter at all? That just made the fight to beat him longer, strategy and skill are still the driving forces behind achieving victory, not raw numbers.

But it's fun! Why you gotta be such a debbie downer man

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My :spergin: level is over 8000

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

And you even used the glorious nipponese number.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

My :spergin: level is over 8000

There's no way that can be right.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Y'know, why the hell was everyone so insistent on Gohan not getting involved while Spopovich is literally crushing Videl's skull? It's really hosed up, there's zero reason for one of them not to stop it. Were they worried about getting disqualified or something (in the tournament that they don't give a poo poo about anymore)?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

surf rock posted:

Y'know, why the hell was everyone so insistent on Gohan not getting involved while Spopovich is literally crushing Videl's skull? It's really hosed up, there's zero reason for one of them not to stop it. Were they worried about getting disqualified or something (in the tournament that they don't give a poo poo about anymore)?

The Kai wanted to out Babidi I believe but I've not watched it in forever.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Kild posted:

The Kai wanted to out Babidi I believe but I've not watched it in forever.

Sure, but didn't it happen before they even knew who the Supreme Kai was? So, that doesn't make any sense.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

surf rock posted:

Sure, but didn't it happen before they even knew who the Supreme Kai was? So, that doesn't make any sense.

Supreme Kai was telling them to wait and see IIRC.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I thought Piccolo had something to do with it too. Like he knew who he was...didn't he step down from his first round bout with Supreme Kai?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

surf rock posted:

Gohan asks Vegeta, Goten and Trunks not to go Super Sayian at the World Tournament to keep their identities of being at the Cell Games a secret. Goku, Vegeta, Krillan and Gohan are initially just watching the fight, surprised at why Spopovich is strogner than he ever was before, but not getting involved. Goku comments how it would have been better if Videl had forfeited or fallen out of the ring while getting beat by Spopovich. Gohan finally has enough, and goes Super Sayian. The Supreme Kai doesn't even show up and give orders until Gohan fights Kibito.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Cozz posted:

Gohan asks Vegeta, Goten and Trunks not to go Super Sayian at the World Tournament to keep their identities of being at the Cell Games a secret. Goku, Vegeta, Krillan and Gohan are initially just watching the fight, surprised at why Spopovich is strogner than he ever was before, but not getting involved. Goku comments how it would have been better if Videl had forfeited or fallen out of the ring while getting beat by Spopovich. Gohan finally has enough, and goes Super Sayian. The Supreme Kai doesn't even show up and give orders until Gohan fights Kibito.

Gohan's inaction it's the family genes talking. Gohan only snaps out of it when he realizes how much he is like Goku :v:

Let's forget this Dragon Ball stuff and watch some real anime:
http://kotaku.com/if-miyazaki-films-were-other-type-of-anime-1564610869

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Which one of you paid for a banner ad for this thread?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

The last episodes of Kai are to air in parts of Europe as "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters"

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That is bizarre.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Which one of you paid for a banner ad for this thread?

I'd love a döner served by Son Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I'd love a döner served by Son Goku.

Like I would trust goku with food...

• Locked thread