Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Roseo posted:

That makes sense. I thought it was a brothel.

It's based on a Japanese hostess club. Honestly, there's... not much difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

You actually want alice fusions when you play alice as a card hth

She fuses with basically every good card but that stops being a problem after the first time it happens (and for this dungeon and probably the next, it really isn't a problem) and if you were generating SP it avoids damage on uncapped cards!

Also if we're talking about healer efficiency there's no healer worth using other than sl7 dryad or aphrodite and every other healer card is a waste of space, even shirona who only self-heals for 33% when skillmaxed and carded, and thus blades :cawg: is more useful than emergency savior fatbird so i obviously should replace him with that piece of poo poo

Seriously, just because idiots in colo like to use her for some reason doesn't mean she's awful everywhere else

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 12, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Speaking of Colosseum, that'll be up again next week.

Get ready for this:
http://a.pomf.se/gjheyo.webm
WEBM is the future!!

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 13, 2014

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Watch out if you're doing colo, it's getting subjected to the same 'Whose turn is it now????' bugs, if you didn't know. It managed to sort itself out... after wiping the board 5-6 times and after literally everyone was out of SP from dropping skill guarantees on cards that then got removed from the playfield.

also why am I in queen league, I played colo all of four times last round and lost three out of four. i don't want to be here. put me back in scrub-town where i belong.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

BlondRobin posted:

Watch out if you're doing colo, it's getting subjected to the same 'Whose turn is it now????' bugs, if you didn't know. It managed to sort itself out... after wiping the board 5-6 times and after literally everyone was out of SP from dropping skill guarantees on cards that then got removed from the playfield.

also why am I in queen league, I played colo all of four times last round and lost three out of four. i don't want to be here. put me back in scrub-town where i belong.

King League is apparently the true scrub-town.

Kudos to that guy for actually clawing his way into King League as a level 40 though. We did in fact win that match :v:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Emalde posted:

King League is apparently the true scrub-town.

Kudos to that guy for actually clawing his way into King League as a level 40 though. We did in fact win that match :v:

...You know, the league info page in colo says King League has a level 60+ restriction. How *did* he get there? I wonder if the info they have in the client is outdated.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

BlondRobin posted:

I wonder if the info they have in the client is outdated.

This is my shocked face

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

dragon enthusiast posted:

This is my shocked face

what? but it's such a stable and reliable game otherwise! my faith in our collective animes experience is shattered. i can't bear to roll again.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Updated APK for Android

E: updated with the proper file this time

e2: holy poo poo you can repick sp skills now

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 14, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Maintenance runs over 15 minutes, then 15 minutes later emergency maintenance again :suicide:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

And then in case the previous maintenance was not enough we now have more maintenance following up on the maintenance a bit ago because their new client is apparently just a gigantic catastrophe.

Highlights include:
being able to collect things from your presents list infinitely (and with no way for the servers to track what was taken, resulting in-)
a database rollback to ~10 hours ago
some kind of exploit regarding the referrals system, apparently
fire-elemental cards setting themselves on fire instead of the enemy, leaving only ash in their card slot which could not be replaced or played*

* - note: this one may be false

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The best part of the maintenance is that there is no end time listed for it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The bug is, basically:

-Have things other than cards in inbox
-Buy card from colo shop
-Click new "Collect everything but cards" button in inbox
-Repeat until you get infinite stones/pal points/etc

20 seconds of testing they didn't do and now they're taking upwards of 24 hours or more to roll back :toot:

I expect no less than 120 apology stones for this.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Stones won't exactly satisfy the people who rolled SS yesterday. The devs are totally hosed.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Oceanbound posted:

Stones won't exactly satisfy the people who rolled SS yesterday. The devs are totally hosed.

On the other hand how many of those rolls were from ill-gotten gains from the glitch? I wonder if they can even set up telemetrics to tell who abused it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Well, no complaining from me specifically. :pwn:

E: but none of those stones were able to generate an undine :negative:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 15, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Nope, not good enough. You took away my SS and the only thing I get back is a lottery of loving 50 stones? Get hosed.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

If it makes you feel better, there might be no better time to quit this game than now as it is getting really buggy. I got one of the Super-day dungeons to go five (!?) rounds, fighting the boss on round 3 and then again on round 5. While very efficient stamina-wise, it was also kind of insane (the boss music didn't trigger on round 3, and I was wondering what was up when suddenly ROUND 4), and unless I misunderstand is an entirely new, fascinating bug.

Which means, between this and the amazing infinite item bug and who knows what else undiscovered, the game is getting MORE buggy over time and patches, not less.

EDIT: And hey, maybe you'll get a better SS if you roll those 50 stones!

Or maybe you'll get Mermaid like me! :shepicide:

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 15, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I rolled 4 times and got the same SS back, so I guess kusobism is off the hook... for now...

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
So now I've got 120 stones. Here's hoping next weekend has good cards.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've definitely had the extra enemy / boss waves happen to me a few weeks ago, so it's not like it's an old glitch.

Every once in a while there's a 2ch post listing all the unpatched bugs in the game. It doesn't really ever shrink.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
So I think I just lost a colo match for our team, and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

Final Turn, score basically tied at around ~270k-~280k
Enemy team shows 8, 8, 8, (something else), waiting on last card

Our current hand shows SG Yomi A, 3 4 5
I'm at low HP. Do I play my Undine A or a worthless 2?

I played Undine because I thought what was shown on the field would have been disadvantageous for us, and AOE Yomi would have definitely killed two or more of the enemy team, which would have most likely given us the win.

They ended up four carding us, and I died, meaning Yomi didn't have enough juice to kill anybody. We lost by about 40k points.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

So I think I just lost a colo match for our team, and I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

You definitely hosed up, they were always in a position to 4card ie you were pretty much guaranteed to die (esp since we're in King league), so denying the other players their cards means nobody was there to pick up the slack for Yomi.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Well it sounds like there wasn't much chance of you not dying in that situation no matter what you did. They didn't need a four card after all, a full house would also have killed you.

I was down over 70k points going into the last round, but the unlikeliest saviour turned up; we got a full house, and Undine+Falco did some damage, but not enough to threaten the lead. Then the "what the hell?" Tristan+Blades+Lance fuse happened, which wiped out 4 guys. We won by like 100k.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

http://app.famitsu.com/20140418_358784/

The new special dungeon next week: collab between Dragon Poker, Million Arthur and Battle Cats :stare:

Like Cronos, you'll be scored based on your performance. There will also be a turn limit for the boss fight.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

http://app.famitsu.com/20140418_358784/

The new special dungeon next week: collab between Dragon Poker, Million Arthur and Battle Cats :stare:

Like Cronos, you'll be scored based on your performance. There will also be a turn limit for the boss fight.

It's unfortunate that the new dungeons are trending towards whale bias, but this is a pretty fun collection of things to be mixed into a collab together.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Those Battle Cats mobs are something special :stare:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Decided to do a 40-pull, and got no SS again.

I still have 80 stones. Should I go for another fire SS? (already have Gambler) Or save for now?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wow, I think they're actually creating a new game based on the three properties, or something like that?
http://portal.million-arthurs.com/kdn/

According to this Famitsu article, I think filling out the monster books in this crossover game is what gets you the GOD CATTE and naked apron Eru cards in Dragon Poker? I think making you roll for stuff in the crossover would run afoul of Comp Gacha rules, so I hope the game has no IAP in it.
http://app.famitsu.com/20140418_358645/

edit: confirmed to be completely non-IAP
http://www.asobism.co.jp/social/dragonpoker/ev_kmnyan.html

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 18, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

code:
[1746.07] <a_butt> okay so
[1746.21] <a_butt> the collab gacha mons are going to be mixed in with the regular mons
[1746.31] <a_butt> but when you roll a SS
[1746.36] <tiw> hahahahaha
[1746.38] <a_butt> 2/3rds of the time it's going to be a collab mon
[1746.38] <tiw> hahahahahahaha
[1746.40] <tiw> i knew it
[1746.45] <tiw> gently caress this game
Guess who's not rolling unless drunk this week.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Guys? I think we've won this one, guys...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Oceanbound posted:

Guys? I think we've won this one, guys...

This was basically us, except on the recieving end, in a match just now.

4th turn we got Garnet+Undine to happen, and suddenly the score was like 510k - 470k. Next turn we pull ahead to like 590k briefly, but we just barely missed killing them the final turn and they pulled ahead with a Yomi. Almost the greatest comeback ever.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/kuo-san-xingdorapo-nyanko-da/id857736246?l=en&mt=8

Crossover game is now out on iTunes if you want to get a head start on getting your serial codes; Android users... get to stay in their ghetto for now

EDIT: Okay I just beat the game. The mechanics are pretty simple, you have a stock of eight monsters that you can use, generated randomly from the list of four possible monsters to collect in that stage (and rarely from previous/later stages). The goal is to clear the stage by defeating each wave of monsters before you run out of stock.

Each turn, you can either choose to attack or use gacha bomb. Attack hits a single enemy for low damage, while gacha bomb sacrifices your current stock to hit all enemies for large damage. After your attack, one enemy attacks back at you.

The overarching goal is to fill out the monster book for each game. Potential entries in the book appear in each stage; they are randomly generated each time you use a stock. If those stock survive to the end of the stage, or you gacha bomb them before they die, they get added to your monster book compendium.

Each stage has three "normal" rarity monsters, one from each of the three series, and one "rare" monster, which can come from any series. Normal monsters can typically deal about four hits before regular enemies kill them, and two hits before boss enemies kill them. Rare monsters can do a little bit more. It is advisable to keep attacking until the next enemy attack would kill you, then use gacha bomb. If you're worried about possibly losing a monster since it's close to death, gacha bomb it, because the game has large amounts of leeway for stock required to clear a stage.

You can tell which stage has what rare monster because they typically appear in the cutscene before the stage starts. Since we only really care about Dragon Poker, you can skip grinding for the rare in any of the stages that don't feature a Drapo monster.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 21, 2014

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

To add onto this: It's best to go through all the stages first before playing catchup, as sometimes you can get regulars (or even rares sometimes) from previous stages. I managed to get a dragon knight out of the stage after it.

Also the music seems like it corresponds to the game the rare is from as well, so if you hear those slick poker tunes it means you're on the right stage.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Here's the link for you Android folks.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.milliondrapocats

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Mirror: http://goo.gl/O9enHn

Drop list: (rares on 2, 5, 8, 11, 15)

E: haha they made a separate gacha for the collab that is otherwise identical to non-fest gacha just to make it so you wouldn't be able to benefit from the increased weekend chance of SS cards, what a crock

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 21, 2014

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Emalde posted:

E: haha they made a separate gacha for the collab that is otherwise identical to non-fest gacha just to make it so you wouldn't be able to benefit from the increased weekend chance of SS cards, what a crock

It also avoids:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

code:
[1746.07] <a_butt> okay so
[1746.21] <a_butt> the collab gacha mons are going to be mixed in with the regular mons
[1746.31] <a_butt> but when you roll a SS
[1746.36] <tiw> hahahahaha
[1746.38] <a_butt> 2/3rds of the time it's going to be a collab mon
[1746.38] <tiw> hahahahahahaha
[1746.40] <tiw> i knew it
[1746.45] <tiw> gently caress this game
Guess who's not rolling unless drunk this week.

complaints like this.

Also, there is no boss afai can tell, at least at 8*; it's a ton of waves, and that's all.

Incidentally, I haven't checked how much exp but my EXP bar jumped a huge amount across even one run at 8*; I suspect this might be even better EXP than Chronos.

edit: oh my god this is so easy to clear if you have even half a deck and it gives medals/etc at Chronos rates. clear the highest difficulty you can ASAP before they fix it; I put in two minimal-effort attempts and got 6 points off of 900, and about a billion black medals.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 21, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
In case you're interested in purchasing the soundtrack (and why wouldn't you be), this is what you get from it:

Not sure how good that skill is but dang that sub skill

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

What's the verdict on the collab mons? Also curious if I should replace my lv 50/SL3 blue silkie with apron Nimue and if I should buy black medal Nimue if I have Peridot and Gambler already. Wasn't clear on what her subskill did but it sounded like it adds AoE to the main card if the played hand has 4 SG'd skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

yergacheffe posted:

What's the verdict on the collab mons? Also curious if I should replace my lv 50/SL3 blue silkie with apron Nimue and if I should buy black medal Nimue if I have Peridot and Gambler already. Wasn't clear on what her subskill did but it sounded like it adds AoE to the main card if the played hand has 4 SG'd skills?

Black medal Nimue & Cat has two skills: her main skill either works as a Power-Up (i.e. Ifrita or Multiply (i.e. Peridot) combo-skill, randomly. She's probably not worth it if you have Peridot; she does the same thing, only randomly a different thing (which I don't believe is any weaker on the whole?), and can't level as high- probably has a lower SL max as well.

Her vassal skill might be worth it in colo- as long as she's on the Ace the Ace will on rare occasions hit all targets. If you added her to a strong attacker you'd probably end up with a random chance to just win the game out of nowhere. Of course, the chance is probably pretty bad given the terminology, so is it better than just making a stronger ace and jumping on someone's Undine (which also gives a damage bonus)? Probably not. Though an attacker-randomall-multiply combo could be hilarious, penguin doing nine hits to all targets :gonk:

tl;dr: probably not worth it if you have peridot.

• Locked thread