Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
well eating is something people do pretty often, i find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Okay, this website is loving with me.

It looks like it's matching partials. So "eat" tallies a hit for "seat" or "death" or whatever. If you search for " eat " (with the spaces) the hits are much less frequent.

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

Hunky Joe posted:

This is a great theory but too many holes. The last dragons were maybe what, three or four hundred years ago? And Sam mentioned at one point that White Walkers haven't been spotted for a thousand years. This either insinuates that the White Walkers are REALLY slow at marching or didn't care about about the Targ dragons before Dany's. Why march for Dany and not the other dragons? Why do hers break this unspoken of pact and not her ancestor's?

8000 years ago was the "long night." A couple thousand years after the Children get kicked out. The Others motivation probably just has something to do with magic returning after Summerhall since they're probably sacrificing babies. And maybe a little manipulation from Bloodraven. Though I like Shireen's explantion of what the Others want. They want to dance, to play, and to stay.

Rosscifer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 27, 2014

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Kylaer posted:

This one? Doesn't have nuncle, though.

Glad you liked the story! Yes, I was in medical school during the pre-DWD era of the Bad Thread. I'll finish residency next summer.

I started reading this series in highschool :smithicide:

Aston posted:

I think I know the one you mean, I'll see if I can find the link.

Edit: Here it is.

Thanks guys. The "Half a" is such a weird one. I can kind of understand the others, 'Bowels' feature prominently in dance, 'Nipple' is just GURM getting older and creepier, 'Words are wind' is a catch phrase he picked up, but "Half a..."? where did that come from?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Tea Bone posted:

Thanks guys. The "Half a" is such a weird one. I can kind of understand the others, 'Bowels' feature prominently in dance, 'Nipple' is just GURM getting older and creepier, 'Words are wind' is a catch phrase he picked up, but "Half a..."? where did that come from?

Half a heartbeat.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

RIP "tummy"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
He came in her like a wrecking ball.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
But was it rapey?

Or rather, how rapey was it?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

emanresu tnuocca posted:

But was it rapey?

Or rather, how rapey was it?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kylaer posted:

This one? Doesn't have nuncle, though.

Glad you liked the story! Yes, I was in medical school during the pre-DWD era of the Bad Thread. I'll finish residency next summer.

I started reading this series in highschool :smithicide:

It doesn't have much and more...

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

That's golden.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

ruddiger posted:

It doesn't have much and more...

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

This is the one that gets me, along with the sergeant/serjeant swap. It makes me laugh, it's like a little kid doing their damnedest to lie to you about who got dirt on the floor but they just aren't convincing because they can't keep their story straight. It's just so transparently an effort to jazz poo poo up with uncommon spelling or word usage instead of using the original words which worked just fine and were already established across the earlier books. Now serjeant and the others are just distracting.

Jokes are too normal, bring on the japes, japing, and japery!

ahahahaha

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Mayhaps you'd like a rasher of bacon with a side of neeps to tide you over in gaol.

-The American Tolkien

Now, "gaol" isn't quite as bad as some of these, since it's just the British way of spelling jail. It fits right in with his use of other British spellings...

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

something similar happens with 'rear end' and 'arse' though it's not as dramatic

also:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
This one was funny to me:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

oh poo poo I just noticed he has stats for a couple other books

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lycus posted:

lol

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Lycus posted:

This ones great. It's like he decided to try it out and came to the conclusion it was a bad idea.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Lycus posted:

haha

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Both those last two are gold.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
http://quartermaester.info/

Yet another dorky map, but yet I've found myself spending too much time playing with it.

regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

I forget, did Littlefinger confess to killing Joffrey in the books?

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
Ser Pounce finally shown. My immersion is complete. Knowing HBO they would have changed him into Lord Barks, a dog.

So how many of these changes are mind blowing yet? I can't see why they did any of this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So with the White Walker baby HBO has officially shown about a million % more about the Walkers than GRRM has right?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

E: wrong thread

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

12 OCT 2005. So not quite 9 years.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1692209&userid=26570#post303477191

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1692209&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post304825698

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So with the White Walker baby HBO has officially shown about a million % more about the Walkers than GRRM has right?

I think book readers just officially got spoiled. Glad we don't have to wait 3 years.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Do we need to use spoiler tags now or...?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

Do we need to use spoiler tags now or...?

No, but try to pad things out with Bran wargs into Drogon to kill Danny, and so forth.

At least until I watch tonight's ep.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

rypakal posted:

I think book readers just officially got spoiled. Glad we don't have to wait 3 years.

You can't spoil something that's never going to get written.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hunky Joe posted:

Ser Pounce finally shown.

Pics or it didn't happen. At this rate, I'm never going to bother seeing the show, but I want to see some kittens, goddamn it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Pics or it didn't happen. At this rate, I'm never going to bother seeing the show, but I want to see some kittens, goddamn it.
Like all the characters, GRRM wrote Ser Pounce too young so he's an apparently full-grown (yet fluffy :3:) cat in the show:

No word yet on Lady Whiskers or Boots, who are probably chilling out with Coldhands and Belwas.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Urdnot Fire posted:

Like all the characters, GRRM wrote Ser Pounce too young so he's an apparently full-grown (yet fluffy :3:) cat in the show:

No word yet on Lady Whiskers or Boots, who are probably chilling out with Coldhands and Belwas.

Looks like my coony cat.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

By the Seven :aaa:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
At great as it was to see the Walkers turn a baby and finally show us something about the Walkers GRRM has avoid for 5000 pages it was even better to see people flip the gently caress out in the TVIV thread over spoilers when it was something that hasn't even occurred in either the books or the show yet.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
In the stories of Old Nan, The Night's King was the 13th Lord Commander.

I'm pretty convinced now by this theory regarding the nature of the Others and what Azor Ahai and the Prince that was Promised is all about.

e: The smoking gun off HBO's episode guide that they've since changed to generic "a Walker greets".

theDOWmustflow fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 28, 2014

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Well that's pretty crazy. Looks like winds of winter has already begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
what was up with that Other's spikey head? was it a crown? is that what the elves ( excuse me children ) look like? WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED CRASTER'S!!!

What the gently caress happens to the group at craster's in the books. are they just not mentioned? I had written them off, but perhaps that was clever misdirection by the grrm?

oh sweet jesus, I wonder how many blog posts grrm is ignoring / refusing to approve on his not-a-blog... I can't believe how HUNGRY I am for NEW STORY NEW PLOT! <3 HBO