Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Slimchandi posted:

I love the FB anonymizer, but I just don't get this one. :shrug:

Clarinet

as in the musical instrument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Slimchandi posted:

Slimchandi
May 13, 2005
That finger on your temple is the barrel of my raygun
Would help if they put the drat 'l' in. Thanks both.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Slimchandi posted:

It's probably a bug and supposed to be Claire Innet (clarinet).

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Would these people be going :allears: over Hitler back in the day?

Like would they be calling Roosevelt a "WEAKLING" for being in a chair, and advocating "New Deal" programs?

"THAT GODDAMNED ROOSENFELD AND HIS "SOCIAL SECURITY" PROGRAM!".

Fixed that for you.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
If you go back into old yearbooks and stuff like that in the south, they frequently had those "personal heroes" sections. Mussolini was crazy popular in the south prior to the lead up to WW2.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Schizotek posted:

If you go back into old yearbooks and stuff like that in the south, they frequently had those "personal heroes" sections. Mussolini was crazy popular in the south prior to the lead up to WW2.

Yeah, Italian fascists were pretty popular all over, Chicago even named a street after one.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
My understanding is that Putin has a somewhat effeminate voice by Russian standards, and Russians see all the shirtless horseback riding stuff as overcompensation.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Found this guy because he was retweeted on Cavuto

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 36m
As I've said before Neil @TeamCavuto, us actual working poor (who work) know if we want more money we work all O.T. and/or get 2nd job.

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 41m
Neil @TeamCavuto? Corporate told me they start at $10/hr. All applicants want to know is benefits & wage. When they hear $10 they hang up!

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 46m
.@TeamCavuto the Millennials are upset w/ both parties bc they're taught nothing at school. Couldn't tell a condom from a hot dog bun!

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 51m
Parents to job interviews @TeamCavuto? OMG! It's bad enough that today's #Millennials only want to start at CEO or President!

How much you want to bet this POS doesn't have kids that are defined as "Millenials".

Also, 10 dollars an hour? Where the hell is this job? Because all my friends and working for minninum wage or above because they can't find work. Nobody is demanding to be CEO or President.

It's like this bizarre lie they tell themselves. They can't admit that it's possible that the economy is in decline, that there is honest people in need of work and are underemployed. No, no, no, it's "THEIR FAULT".

loving a. cannot wait till this corp of idiots die off.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FuzzySkinner posted:

Would these people be going :allears: over Hitler back in the day?

Like would they be calling Roosevelt a "WEAKLING" for being in a chair, and advocating "New Deal" programs?

"THAT GODDAMNED ROOSEVELT AND HIS "SOCIAL SECURITY" PROGRAM!".

Hitler:

*Expanded gun rights significantly

*Ratcheted up military spending despite what international law said

*Proposed a death sentence for performing abortions

*Crushed the workers unions

*Locked up and tortured homosexuals, communists and immigrants.

What of the things he did would these people not absolutely love?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Found this guy because he was retweeted on Cavuto

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 36m
As I've said before Neil @TeamCavuto, us actual working poor (who work) know if we want more money we work all O.T. and/or get 2nd job.

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 41m
Neil @TeamCavuto? Corporate told me they start at $10/hr. All applicants want to know is benefits & wage. When they hear $10 they hang up!

mark wonderful @markwonderful · 46m
.@TeamCavuto the Millennials are upset w/ both parties bc they're taught nothing at school. Couldn't tell a condom from a hot dog bun!

Parents to job interviews @TeamCavuto? OMG! It's bad enough that today's #Millennials only want to start at CEO or President!

How much you want to bet this POS doesn't have kids that are defined as "Millenials".

Also, 10 dollars an hour? Where the hell is this job? Because all my friends and working for minninum wage or above because they can't find work. Nobody is demanding to be CEO or President.

It's like this bizarre lie they tell themselves. They can't admit that it's possible that the economy is in decline, that there is honest people in need of work and are underemployed. No, no, no, it's "THEIR FAULT".

loving a. cannot wait till this corp of idiots die off.

$10/hour? What is this mythical job that starts at $10/hour and how do I find it?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It does not get any better. I teach mostly poor kids and several of them talk about how almost all the people on welfare use the food stamps to buy crack and they are all lazy.

Needless to say, the poor kids (on assistance) in class tell them otherwise but it just runs through their head with no second thought.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Fulchrum posted:

What of the things he did would these people not absolutely love?

To be fair Hitler was well liked across Europe, as was fascism. People were pretty slow to let that go even when he started openly invading other countries.

Can't imagine what parallels we can draw to a modern day of a dictator with far-reaching right wing popularity remaining after he invades multiple countries.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gatesealer posted:

$10/hour? What is this mythical job that starts at $10/hour and how do I find it?

Every one of my close friends either works for minimum wage or close to it.

I was overjoyed recently because I got a part time job that offered to pay me a few bucks over minimum wage.

This is all despite the fact that we all went to college to try get paid much more than that.

Not to say anyone's above that, because again, we're grateful we got what we have right now. But it'd be nice to you know...be able to pay off student loans, and move out of our parents house.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mark wonderful
@markwonderful
.@NCO61 virtually every Millennial I've worked with since 2001 would've been thrown in the garbage by my Greatest Generation pappy.

Touching the poop, but I never get this call out.

Okay..so the guy's a boomer. Does that mean his generation would have been thrown in the garbage?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
So...Uh...This isn't a forward, or an email, or even all that political, but it sure as poo poo is crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
If there's somewhere else that's more appropriate for this I'll take it there, but I feel like people just had to see this.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lady Naga posted:

So...Uh...This isn't a forward, or an email, or even all that political, but it sure as poo poo is crazy.
If there's somewhere else that's more appropriate for this I'll take it there, but I feel like people just had to see this.

I skipped forward to a random point and got "After Atlantis, the Kundalini moved to the mountains of Tibet"
I think that sums it up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I skipped forward to a random point and got "After Atlantis, the Kundalini moved to the mountains of Tibet"
I think that sums it up.

"Perhaps Moses incarnated into that lifetime to free the Hebrews because they were not direct decendents of humans"

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

It's like an animated David Icke book. Awesome.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

How could you possibly believe this Congress is "sycophantic" towards Obama?

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

Jurgan posted:

Because they haven't impeached him yet? That's the only reason I can think of.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Jurgan posted:

Maybe he meant toward the Kochs. :v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The crazy an-cap friend who I keep on my friends list mostly so I can make fun of the ridiculous poo poo he posts shared this from the "Young Americans for Liberty" FB page:

My response, which I posted both as a comment on his wall post and to the group's original picture:

It honestly baffles me that these people see Ron Swanson as someone to be unironically admired.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

FuzzySkinner posted:

This one probably pisses me off the most. I have come to the conclusion that I really never ever ever want to be a manager. I really don't enjoy managing people and being put in charge of too much. I hate the group psychology aspect of being in charge of people, especially, and just want to spend that brainpower instead on "doing a good job."

Unfortunately for a working stiff like me it seems that is the only way to get ahead. I turned down a promotion at my previous job on these grounds. My (then) boss said it's the only way I can make any money in this world. I feel I'm absolutely hosed unless I turn my attention to telling people what to do.

He also has a Ronald Reagan statue on his desk, so.......

19 o'clock fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 1, 2014

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

It honestly baffles me that these people see Ron Swanson as someone to be unironically admired.

Poe's Law at work

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jurgan posted:

Of all the insane bullshit in that thing, that's what you have a problem with?

The answer is because congress haven't all voted unanimously to ave him lynched, therefore they are all in his pocket and cater to his every whim.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Ron Swanson is a walking charisma machine, of course the dumber people of the world like him unironically.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FuzzySkinner posted:

mark wonderful
@markwonderful
.@NCO61 virtually every Millennial I've worked with since 2001 would've been thrown in the garbage by my Greatest Generation pappy.

Touching the poop, but I never get this call out.

Okay..so the guy's a boomer. Does that mean his generation would have been thrown in the garbage?

My dad could beat up, uh, all of you I don't like!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
The Bundy Defence Task Force needs a bit of work imo

Legend:
-Minnie Strone= My dad
-Carrie R. Pigeon/Reggie Stration= Dad's teabagger high school friend that my dad loves to troll
-John Withawind/Cliffhanger= one of my dad's co-workers
- Reanne Carnation/Marcus Down= Me

Side note I doubt this guy has ever done anything more than drive through Watts in broad daylight

AShamefulDisplay fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 1, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

My dad could beat up, uh, all of you I don't like!

I don't understand why (Conservative) Boomers go to that card immediately.

Is it because their generation is that devoid of any contributions on that level that they have to immediately push that one?

Also, are they expecting me to find a Hitler to fight or something?

I got one follow up tweet from the guy.

As it turns out the job was a security job, and he claimed to have hired one guy from Virginia Tech who was a "Brat"

So the guy literally bases his Millenial rant based off one experience, and what Fox News tells him to say.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
:lol: "Maybe Cliven Bundy gives money to the United Negro Fund and helps wounded vets! Did you ever think about that? For all we know he raises adopted children!"

After all, how can it be possible to confirm or debunk these things? Any of them may be as true as the statements he willingly made to a reporter.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Oh man, is it Microchip of the Beast panic time again already? :munch:

My Parents, Forwarding my Parents' Pastor posted:

A picture of man's finger with a tiny microchip was posted concerning Obamacare. He is pushing for people to be implanted with these chips. Here's your sign. Jesus told the Pharisees and Sadduccees "you can predict tomorrow's weather by today's signs but you can't discern signs of the times".

This chip is a sign of the End Times. Ignore, don't believe, scorn, procrastinate, say it ain't so, say "this Age won't come to an end", "Jesus won't return for the Born Again Saints"...and you will be left behind. NOT GOOD!

This and many other signs point to the sure and likely soon return of Jesus Christ. No one, not even Jesus, knows the day or hour. His coming will be unannounced, like a thief in the night. Many don't want to think about it. Why? Because of this, another sign: "lowers of pleasure more than lovers of God."

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Fossilized Rappy posted:

Oh mark of beast people, it's like you can't remember that you constantly cry wolf all the time. Even when I was a christian I thought this knee jerk reaction was stupid. Did they at one point say public ID's were the mark of the beast or something?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gatesealer posted:

Oh mark of beast people, it's like you can't remember that you constantly cry wolf all the time. Even when I was a christian I thought this knee jerk reaction was stupid. Did they at one point say public ID's were the mark of the beast or something?

Its pretty clearly meant to be a tattoo of some kind, but in recent times its been id cards, microchips, and barcodes. It always amazes me how they can miss the point of these stories by trying to find modern analogues. The whole point of that part of the story is that in order to actually do the kind of things the antichrist is supposed to, in the classical world, it would require unthinkable politcal power in ways unmatched by the Romans or Chinese or Parthians.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Fossilized Rappy posted:

I am impressed that they can flip between 'Jesus said you will never predict his return' to 'This definitely means Jesus is coming' from one sentence to the next, and manage to think that this somehow strengthens their point.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy gently caress I think that Spirit Science guy is forming a cult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0brxcaR40

derra
Dec 29, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

The crazy an-cap friend who I keep on my friends list mostly so I can make fun of the ridiculous poo poo he posts shared this from the "Young Americans for Liberty" FB page:

Not to mention that his attempt to slaughter a live animal to cook and eat at a picnic was denied despite his title. He didn't even dispute the ranger!

Time to read Zinn
Sep 11, 2013
the humidity + the viscosity
"The Left warmly embraces the concept that mindless amoebas, pursuing their own self-interest, can eventually evolve into human geniuses. But they reject the concept that bourgeois businessmen, pursuing their own self-interest, can create a successful economy. The Left subscribes to the heresy of Government Creationism."

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Time to read Zinn posted:

"The Left warmly embraces the concept that mindless amoebas, pursuing their own self-interest, can eventually evolve into human geniuses. But they reject the concept that bourgeois businessmen, pursuing their own self-interest, can create a successful economy. The Left subscribes to the heresy of Government Creationism."

Sure. The chance that humanity would arise again from a similar abiogenetic event is just as remote and there would be a ton of failures along the way. Ask them to define what an economy is, how they would know whether its successful or not, and why they think said successful economy would improve well-being for the majority of people affected by it.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

I'm mad about sandwiches and muslims damnit.