Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ron Jeremy posted:

Bay area, ca. Browsing via phone atm.

So am I (literally Bay Area) and it's fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I watched it yesterday and it worked fine. Today its blocked. Pls remake while playing your own music

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

RC Cola posted:

I watched it yesterday and it worked fine. Today its blocked. Pls remake while playing your own music

Weird, still works fine for here. Perhaps because I'm the uploader?

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Tea Bone posted:

Weird, still works fine for here. Perhaps because I'm the uploader?

No, it works for me too.

edit// you should remake it with original music anyway

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Could be because you guys are trying to watch it on a phone; youtube handles music rights differently for mobile devices.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Franz von Dada posted:

No, it works for me too.

edit// you should remake it with original music anyway

If anybody wants to suggest a royalty free track this would work with I'll happily upload that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I think you can get music off Incompetech for dirt cheap. Whether it's any good, eh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would be content with Ser Pounce serving as Paw of the King for Stannis.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

If anybody wants to suggest a royalty free track this would work with I'll happily upload that.

You can never go wrong with "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Aurain posted:

I would be content with Ser Pounce serving as Paw of the King for Stannis.

Pounce would be lucky to keep his head and get sent to the wall if Stannis sat the throne.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ser that Purrs.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The heir to Casterly Rock who dares to poo poo in a box

the hero unsung with a sandpaper tongue

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 9, 2014

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does it say where Mel's chambers are in Castle Black? It's odd that she is the only one who can get magical forecasts regarding both sides of the wall at the same time, which the Stark wargs can't do.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ha nice!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The heir to Casterly Rock who dares to poo poo in a box

the hero unsung with a sandpaper tongue

Hear Me Purr

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My Lords, whomever has their sword out, could he please resheath it? The reflections are distracting to the Paw as they play across the ceiling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Does it say where Mel's chambers are in Castle Black? It's odd that she is the only one who can get magical forecasts regarding both sides of the wall at the same time, which the Stark wargs can't do.

I would imagine they're next to Stannis', as a pretext to cover him banging her in his own bed.

I suppose the forecast thing is probably because she says her power is being amplified greatly by the wall itself.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Baron Porkface posted:

The Wall isn't interrupting the linear path between her and R'hllor :spergin:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Kylaer posted:

The Wall isn't interrupting the linear path between her and R'hllor :spergin:

This is probably the true answer. Melisandre can't go past the wall, but R'hollor can.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012

visceril posted:

This is probably the true answer. Melisandre can't go past the wall, but R'hollor can.

I thought Mance was burned beyond the wall?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Pong Daddy posted:

I thought Mance was burned beyond the wall?

I'm almost completely sure nobody from Stannis' group has gone north of the wall. I think "Mance" was burned at the foot of the wall at Castle Black.

poo poo, now that I'm thinking about the north, am I the only one who pictures the Thenns as way less evil and badass than they are in the show? I kind of thought of them as visually similar but more...idunno...lame? They were north of the wall, free, and got themselves a network of nobility. Dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Didn't his entire army go north of the wall to flank Mance's army during the battle at Castle Black?

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

visceril posted:

I'm almost completely sure nobody from Stannis' group has gone north of the wall. I think "Mance" was burned at the foot of the wall at Castle Black.

Stannis joined the battle from North of the Wall and they burned a bunch of people before/during the forced march and loyalty oath of all the Wildlings. Pretty sure Rattlemance was burned North of the Wall, but that may have happened later.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

visceril posted:

poo poo, now that I'm thinking about the north, am I the only one who pictures the Thenns as way less evil and badass than they are in the show? I kind of thought of them as visually similar but more...idunno...lame? They were north of the wall, free, and got themselves a network of nobility. Dumb.
They forged their own armor and weapons and dealt with giants, I expected them to be pretty cool. They even speak mostly in the language of the First Men. They're literally the most metal of the wildlings, though the facial scarring and cannibalism in the show did kind of come out of left field.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

Didn't his entire army go north of the wall to flank Mance's army during the battle at Castle Black?

poo poo it's been a long time since I read Storm yeah they just landed north by eastwatch and marched west, I forgot.

I don't remember the burning scene but I guess it makes sense they'd do it outside of the wall to scare them before letting them in.

My main problem with the Thenns is that whenever I think of "cool wildlings" I think of Tormund. He gets so much page time and the Thenns, while cool in concept, don't do much that I remember.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm still waiting for Wildlings nearest the White Walker Official tm Area of Influence on a map to show up - them fuckers'd be grizzled, thousand yard stare motherfuckers. Mind you, I'm still waiting for Le Fucker d'Absolute to...

A) Write

B) Die

C) Over-perv on an actress and get Carded, so to speak.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

rejutka posted:

Le Fucker d'Absolute to...

L'Ultime Enculeur is the title you're looking for, hth.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Uh, "la fouquere absolument", svp.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I don't think absolute translate directly; fucker doesn't have a direct translation so I'd say enculeur (Literally: rear end fucker) is your best bet.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, but you want it to be obviously "absolute fucker" in french. L'ultime enculeur requires actual knowledge of another language.

The Ultimate rear end-fucker would also be a fuckfilm from Kick rear end Pictures starring Mary Carey.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
How many other languages can we wade in on here? I'd try Irish but you can't really do it directly and I'll be GRRM* trying to figure it out.

*Specifically the not-writing parts. Not the fatness or age or Wit of Tyrion Lannister or anything. Possible Neeps.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yeah, but you want it to be obviously "absolute fucker" in french. L'ultime enculeur requires actual knowledge of another language.

If you don't have knowledge of other languages, just use "absolute fucker".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's the fun in that.

Anyway, in Swahili, Absolute Fucker is "Gurm".

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Tonight I had a dream that Winds of Winter came out. All I remember is that nothing really happened in it either, and the last scene was Dany still sitting in loving Mereen writing a big rear end book about her experiences.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Elman posted:

Tonight I had a dream that Winds of Winter came out. All I remember is that nothing really happened in it either, and the last scene was Dany still sitting in loving Mereen writing a big rear end book about her experiences.

Were there any other people's asses in the book?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

This being an HBO show, probably.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

rejutka posted:

How many other languages can we wade in on here? I'd try Irish but you can't really do it directly and I'll be GRRM* trying to figure it out.

*Specifically the not-writing parts. Not the fatness or age or Wit of Tyrion Lannister or anything. Possible Neeps.

Yeah they don't teach you how to insult people in school. But that's all I wanted to learn!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Where is that internet animation with the hip-hopish song and Khalese-e-e-e-e-e-e...

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Whur Muh Boats At

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
From http://www.iswintercoming.com/when-will-the-show-officially-pass-the-books-t1896.html

Water Damage posted:

I agree that different characters will reach book six at different times. Also, due to the way the show adds material and rearranges timelines, we may not realize a storyline has passed the books until several episodes later.

Or it might pass the books, then return back to cover material that had been skipped. For example, the Uncat/Jaime/Brienne confrontation could be early next season... and then afterwards Jaime hits the road again to do his aFFC chapters.

The biggest gently caress-yous to Gurm will be:

- battle of Winterfell
- whatever happens to Jon after he dies
- Arya killing a character that actually matters, like Tommen.
- Dany setting foot on westeros
- Sansa having sex with anyone (I really hope this doesn't happen, but I think the actress is 18 by now so HBO may try to force it)
- CLEGANEBOWL
- Jamie and/or Cersei dying

Bonus points if D&D resolve these in ways that Gurm obviously would not have, and all he can do is whine about how it will be different in his fanfic that he's planning on writing any day now.

I thought this was a great post that pretty much summed up when we can officially say the show has passed the books (I don't think the Night's King reveal counts yet). The question is, which will happen first?