Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There's quite a bit of Vale political shenanigans and Sansa snow-castle building in Feast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GRRM says Pod lived along with Brienne.
I rewatched every season of the show over the weekend, so that's why Robb's line is so fresh in my mind. It skipped all the Dany bits, and I almost did the same on last nights episode because seeing anything Dany like has becoming a reflexive motion to fast forward now. I did the same with all the Sam bits too.

e: VVV Now you mention it, I recall it vaguely. I didn't rewatch S4 because there was some people in the house who hadn't seen it yet and didn't want spoiling.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 19, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
A "Tywin shits gold" line was dropped this season in a Jaime/Bronn scene.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You are quite mistaken, Lysa. Allow me to elucidate with this chart.

I, Petyr Baelish, otherwise known as Littlefinger, have only ever loved your sister, Catelyn Stark of House Tully, who was murdered alongside her son, Robb Stark, the King in the North, who is the late Eddard Stark's oldest son, by the Freys and Lannisters at your brother Edmure Tully's wedding, known popularly as the Red Wedding. (You are Lysa Arryn of House Tully, and the over-large portal in the floor before which you stand is the Moon Door, used on occasion to execute people by dropping them down the length of the mountain upon which the Aerie, this castle within which we abide, stands.) Screaming over there is Sansa Stark, your niece, who I stole away from King's Landing after King Joffrey Baratheon's death at his own wedding to Margaery Tyrell, which was subsequently blamed on Tyrion Lannister, Sansa's deformed dwarven husband.

I am Petyr Baelish, otherwise known as Littlefinger.

You are falling.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
I Loved the scene with the Hound and Arya, but Oberyn talking about how he first met Tyrion was probably my favorite of the season so far.

Also thought that scene with Gregor chopping up peasants was really out of place and cheesy. It seemed like something that belong in a crappy action movie to show how bad the bad guys are (that part in Rambo where they make the guys run across the minefield comes to mind).

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So the fact they had Braavos instead of Dragonstone in the intro was just a fuckup, eh?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Bemis posted:

Also thought that scene with Gregor chopping up peasants was really out of place and cheesy. It seemed like something that belong in a crappy action movie to show how bad the bad guys are (that part in Rambo where they make the guys run across the minefield comes to mind).

If that's all the training he does for the big trial by combat fight then his cardio's gonna really suck.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He had a really odd voice too, for the one line he did speak.

If they could combine the new Mountain and the S2 Beanstalk's voice, they'd have a great Mountain.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

nooneofconsequence posted:

I don't know they kinda changed Littlefinger's motivation for killing Joffrey from "create chaos to rise" to "revenge for my one true love."

:smug: : Sometimes to build a better house we have to burn down the old one!
:downs: : So why did you kill Joffrey?!?!?
:smug: : ... *stares*

They didn't make it really subtle in that scene that yes, that's still why he's doing it, whatever he says to the blithering idiot he's about to kiss.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
At this rate we wont even get Gregor yelling "THEN I SMASHED HER loving HEAD IN. LIKE. THIS!"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

You are quite mistaken, Lysa. Allow me to elucidate with this chart.

I, Petyr Baelish, otherwise known as Littlefinger, have only ever loved your sister, Catelyn Stark of House Tully, who was murdered alongside her son, Robb Stark, the King in the North, who is the late Eddard Stark's oldest son, by the Freys and Lannisters at your brother Edmure Tully's wedding, known popularly as the Red Wedding. (You are Lysa Arryn of House Tully, and the over-large portal in the floor before which you stand is the Moon Door, used on occasion to execute people by dropping them down the length of the mountain upon which the Aerie, this castle within which we abide, stands.) Screaming over there is Sansa Stark, your niece, who I stole away from King's Landing after King Joffrey Baratheon's death at his own wedding to Margaery Tyrell, which was subsequently blamed on Tyrion Lannister, Sansa's deformed dwarven husband.

I am Petyr Baelish, otherwise known as Littlefinger.

You are falling.

So is the joke that tv viewers are morons? I don't get this gag.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Also Wtf rorge and biter cameo only to die like bitches

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The show is incredibly obtuse and assumes the show only people are morons.

I mean, they are, but the show is written for the lowest common denominator.

e: Truly profound as ever ↓↓↓

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 19, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Aurain posted:

I mean, they are, but the show is written for the lowest common denominator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Lord Twisted posted:

Also Wtf rorge and biter cameo only to die like bitches

apparently rorge was on the verge of death and a flu shot would have also killed him

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

whether or not they are, the show writers assume as much.

e;fb

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't give a poo poo that they changed a meaningless line. I wanna know how he's gonna littlefinger his way out of it when there was no bard there to blame, and whether or not Brienne and Pod seriously just skipped over all of AFFC and ADWD simply by talking it out for about 2 minutes. Because that would be hilarious and awesome.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

GreenBuckanneer waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were morons in the internet. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to the Bad Thread were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
GreenBuckanneer was a SA forums poster for seven years. When he was young he read the books and he said to dad "I want to be on the internet, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY MORONS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the TVIV Unsullied thread he knew there were morons.
"This is the Bad Thread," the radio crackered. "You must fight the morons!"
So GreenBuckanneer gotted his keybored and missed the joke.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the morons!
"I will shoot at him," said the Cybermoron and he played the Youtube videos. GreenBuckanneer posted at him and tried to blew his patience. But then the archives fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the morons," he shouted!
The radio said "No, GreenBuckanneer. You are the morons."
And then, GreenBuckanneer was a TVIV poster.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
So GRRM is gonna have Melisandre burn Shireen alive huh?

That sucks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stannis would gut her before that happens, it'll be because of her Greyscale. Val says it's bad news in ADWD, it's probably going to have some greater significance later on.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Why are people complaining about dialogue changes?

Words are wind. It is known.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Like nipples on a breastplate.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Smiling Jack posted:

well you see, in book 3, act 2, scene 4, tyrion used the subjunctive mood when speaking of robb stark, which the show authors saw fit to change. This is a grievous affront.

Seriously though, preserving the iconic lines matters more to me than the others, "only cat" kind of stuck out as a line I remembered, and not because it was repeated 800 times in book 5. People are right though, I don't think we're getting a "poo poo gold" line.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mel burns Shireen while Stannis is conquering Winterfell.

Stannis returns, gets pissed, stabs Lightbringer through both Selyse and Mel's hearts, thus truly become Azor Ahai reborn.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Damo posted:

Now that it think of it, I don't think there has even been a single mention in the show of the running gag there was in the books about Tywin making GBS threads gold, so if that is the case the quip makes even less sense. Even if the shits gold has been mentioned, it must have only been once like seasons ago, so you know D&D aren't gonna trust stupid loving TV watchers to remember that poo poo so they can capitalize on it.

It was mentioned this season, too bad you didn't remember, looks like you're a stupid loving TV watcher.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
After reading one of Onion AV's reviews I was reminded: Joff had Marillion's tongue cut out on the show...and yet he didn't show up at the Eyrie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

After reading one of Onion AV's reviews I was reminded: Joff had Marillion's tongue cut out on the show...and yet he didn't show up at the Eyrie.

They could easily write that in too, no less.
He's there to witness the murder, he can't read or write but he can play his weird string thing so he can't tell them Baelish did it even though he would want to.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Shoehead posted:

At this rate we wont even get Gregor yelling "THEN I SMASHED HER loving HEAD IN. LIKE. THIS!"

I suspect it'll go down something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hahaha the actor for the mountain changed again. At least he looks swole as all out now, the guy at Harrenhall looked like a malnourished EastEuro basketball player.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mike N Eich posted:

So GRRM is gonna have Melisandre burn Shireen alive huh?

That sucks

There's one of those effort posting theories floating around that Shireen has to be burned in order for Jon to live. They cited one of the prophecies where they mentioned stone burning for a dragon to awake, and stone = greyscale, ergo...

I think it'll actually be a cool plot device considering Stannis loves his daughter in a distant, brooding way.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

GreenBuckanneer waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were morons in the internet. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to the Bad Thread were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
GreenBuckanneer was a SA forums poster for seven years. When he was young he read the books and he said to dad "I want to be on the internet, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY MORONS!"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the TVIV Unsullied thread he knew there were morons.
"This is the Bad Thread," the radio crackered. "You must fight the morons!"
So GreenBuckanneer gotted his keybored and missed the joke.
"HE GOING TO KILL US," said the morons!
"I will shoot at him," said the Cybermoron and he played the Youtube videos. GreenBuckanneer posted at him and tried to blew his patience. But then the archives fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the morons," he shouted!
The radio said "No, GreenBuckanneer. You are the morons."
And then, GreenBuckanneer was a TVIV poster.

What is this a reference to? I've read the original once but can not remember it at the moment

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Am I completely crazy or is the show Brienne going to go straight for Sansa because it's revealed last night that she found out Arya could be at the Vale? It's a change that would make sense at least, instead of her walking around aimlessly.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Finnish Flasher posted:

What is this a reference to? I've read the original once but can not remember it at the moment

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8181390/1/Doom-Repercussions-of-Evil-Repost

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Man, Showfinger sucks. Such perfect casting on paper, as well.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
The Arya and Hound scene was good. It reminded me of Clint Eastwood's westerns.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Hogge Wild posted:

The Arya and Hound scene was good. It reminded me of Clint Eastwood's westerns.

I think The Hound is killing it on the show and it's gonna be really sad and stupid when someone makes all his subtext explicit and makes a speech about how he was more of a true knight than the Mountain or Meryn or whoever. Probably while sucking someones dick.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Smiling Jack posted:

People complain much and more, but it all amounts to little and less. Words are wind, after all, and for half a groat I'd eat a plate of neeps with my nuncle.
:grrm:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Where do Oberyn and the Mountain actually fight it out in the books?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I agree what the show needs to add is Morgan Freeman narrating all of the characters' musings. Maybe just have him read straight from book. No actual show just Morgan Freeman reading the books. That would make a good tv show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Where do Oberyn and the Mountain actually fight it out in the books?

Well you see the fight STARTS at the Red Keep but quickly spills into the streets and then into Littlefinger's brothel where asses and titties and gore begins to flow like lemoncakes