Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

The morning after I woke up from almost killing myself over my feelings.

lmfao sounds like a perfect time to make life-altering, permanent decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

frajaq posted:

that takes too long to write though

Tboy, Tgirl?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Funniest thing that Janet Mock ever did was rudely tell off another transwoman she failed to detect for asking an inoffensive question about her life, at a press event, where she talks about her book about her life. Also incorrectly assumed that the questioner was cis.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

psyopmonkey posted:

Not really. Its just a quick way of saying transgender chick.

My fave term is transchick/transdude though. Its cute, fun, and just works.

I always heard you were supposed to use trans as a separate adjective, like, you're a trans chick, a chick who is trans, not a transchick, which is a different noun.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

Tboy, Tgirl?

those sound like gang members nicknames!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Willias posted:

at what point were you like, yup i'm def trans and it isn't some other psychological thing that makes me feel this way?

I "accepted" I was trans when I was 27. I was sitting in female clothing in my room and just thought, "This is loving stupid, who else but a trans person would be doing this and dreaming of somehow waking up female. Stop hiding in your room wishing for impossible magic to happen and deal with this like an adult." So I went and saw a therapist. He agreed after a few sessions that I'm trans, or at least meet the criteria for hormone treatment. I of course kept thinking about whether I'm trans or just crazy for a while. I did a lot of thinking about what would make me happy in life, how I would like to be addressed and treated, how I would like my body to be, how I would like to be seen. I came out to people, and went a few places in "girl-mode." And all of that added up to me being comfortable with the idea I'm trans. If I wasn't all of that would have been a hellish experience rather than providing me with comfort.

There's no "trans-test." There's no indicator that you're definitely trans. However it all makes sense and makes me feel comfortable. I was honest with doctors and therapists, and honest with myself. That amounted to their being no other issues and me being trans as the correct answer. I'm comfortable with that answer and although I know it means I'll have a difficult life it's something that's right for me.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mrenda posted:

For trans people the genital issue is private, something for doctors and partners and mostly incredibly boring. It has no real bearing on pretty much any issue that the general public needs to know about or care itself about.

For people people, knowing what kind of genitals you have is not private and is, instead, incredibly obvious at a glance and has bearing on lots of different issues, so pretending otherwise is fake and dumb.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

I always heard you were supposed to use trans as a separate adjective, like, you're a trans chick, a chick who is trans, not a transchick, which is a different noun.

Maybe it really doesnt matter.

Once again, its turning into a debate about silly names that dont matter.

Hi, im Psyopmonkey!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

frajaq posted:

is tranny offensive to you

Yes.

boom boom boom posted:

I mean, you say that, but you also spend a lot of time fending off people's interest in genitals.

I think you want to believe that you're more interesting than an artificial vagina, but maybe you aren't. That's hard for anyone to admit.

Ok. Maybe I'm not more interesting than an artificial vagina. Now what?

Sabel posted:

Why is Janet Mock so full of herself jesus loving christ

I don't know.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mrenda posted:

I "accepted" I was trans when I was 27. I was sitting in female clothing in my room and just thought, "This is loving stupid, who else but a trans person would be doing this and dreaming of somehow waking up female. Stop hiding in your room wishing for impossible magic to happen and deal with this like an adult." So I went and saw a therapist. He agreed after a few sessions that I'm trans, or at least meet the criteria for hormone treatment. I of course kept thinking about whether I'm trans or just crazy for a while. I did a lot of thinking about what would make me happy in life, how I would like to be addressed and treated, how I would like my body to be, how I would like to be seen. I came out to people, and went a few places in "girl-mode." And all of that added up to me being comfortable with the idea I'm trans. If I wasn't all of that would have been a hellish experience rather than providing me with comfort.

There's no "trans-test." There's no indicator that you're definitely trans. However it all makes sense and makes me feel comfortable. I was honest with doctors and therapists, and honest with myself. That amounted to their being no other issues and me being trans as the correct answer. I'm comfortable with that answer and although I know it means I'll have a difficult life it's something that's right for me.

Winner winner... Chicken dinner!

*high five.

She said it better than I could.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mrenda posted:

Ok. Maybe I'm not more interesting than an artificial vagina. Now what?

What's up with your genitals?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

For people people, knowing what kind of genitals you have is not private and is, instead, incredibly obvious at a glance and has bearing on lots of different issues, so pretending otherwise is fake and dumb.

I bet you have angry, rage filled genitals. rawr!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

What's up with your genitals?

Not much, how about yours?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Lmao that your rubberstamp shrink approved treatment after only a few visits

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

I find it the most interesting that all the focus is put on MtF transgenders.

Why are FtM dudes not made fun of so much?

GONNA GET YOUR BOOB PARTS CUT OFF AND POSSIBLY LOSE A NIPPLE, HAH!

:rolleyes:

Because sticking your hand up a dress and discovering a dick is like a nightmare xenomorph kill-it-with-fire type scenario, whereas
Chaz Bono is just sortof a bummer.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mrenda posted:

Not much, how about yours?

I have a smaller than average human male penis, with two testicles.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

boom boom boom posted:

should probably just become a girl then

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I'm glad we had this chat.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

Because sticking your hand up a dress and discovering a dick is like a nightmare xenomorph kill-it-with-fire type scenario, whereas
Chaz Bono is just sortof a bummer.

What makes an unexpected dick more frightening than an unexpected pussy

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Al Harrington posted:

should probably just become a girl then

I'm too tall and manly.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psyopmonkey posted:

The morning after I woke up from almost killing myself over my feelings.

yeah i had a similar epiphany and i got in shape and joined the air force and im actually more miserable than ever now so maybe seek some actual help instead of a permanent placebo because i can imagine it is only even more horrible months down the line and you realize nothing about how you feel has actually changed, you've just been hiding it from yourself w/ the rush of new experiences

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

that's also my problem.

otherwise i would make a great troon.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

Because encountering a dick is always bad but encountering a pussy is sometimes good? I don't know, ask someone who doesn't like pussies. Why do people ask questions and then refuse to accept the answers?

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Maoist Pussy posted:

Because encountering a dick is always bad but encountering a pussy is sometimes good? I don't know, ask someone who doesn't like pussies.

what if it's fashioned from a penis?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I think you know the answer to that, Al.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mrenda posted:

So I went and saw a therapist. He agreed after a few sessions that I'm trans, or at least meet the criteria for hormone treatment.

sounds like you really should have gotten a second opinion. who the gently caress trusts a doctor when they jump to semi-permanent or permanent treatment options essentially right out the gate? it's like getting really minor lung cancer or something that got caught at almost the earliest possible moment and then he just throws up his hands and says 'double lobecetomy and a transplant is the only possible solution!!!' while staring w/ drool coming out of their mouth at an insurance receipt.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I have a fever and a sore throat. What do I do, just drink water or what? Kinda hard though since my throat doesn't feel like drinking water.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

Because encountering a dick is always bad but encountering a pussy is sometimes good? I don't know, ask someone who doesn't like pussies.

so the answer is your being a straight dude is what makes it worse, makes sense I guess

I can see either surprise being mildly traumatic but I don't think the scenario of someone suddenly discovering their partner has the genitals they're not attracted to without prior warning is very common at all irl

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Maoist Pussy will never bed a woman either cis or trans.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

powerful weedlock posted:

sounds like you really should have gotten a second opinion. who the gently caress trusts a doctor when they jump to semi-permanent or permanent treatment options essentially right out the gate? it's like getting really minor lung cancer or something that got caught at almost the earliest possible moment and then he just throws up his hands and says 'double lobecetomy and a transplant is the only possible solution!!!' while staring w/ drool coming out of their mouth at an insurance receipt.

I do have a second opinion. The endocrinologist required it before he would treat me. I also have my own opinion which I came to after a lot of consideration.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
My girlfriend had an ovarian cyst and her doctor recommended entirely removing her genitals. Luckily, she got a second opinion because that doctor was a total racist who likes to give black women hysterectomies!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Torka posted:

Don't dicks stop working when you go trans? but vaginas are unchanged?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

I can see either surprise being mildly traumatic but I don't think the scenario of someone suddenly discovering their partner has the genitals they're not attracted to without prior warning is very common at all irl

Let's keep it that way.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Fartmaster posted:

I have a fever and a sore throat. What do I do, just drink water or what? Kinda hard though since my throat doesn't feel like drinking water.

Wow, it sounds like you are trans and need hormone therapy right away.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

from what I hear it's kind of a crapshoot and depends on a combination of the skill of the surgeon and blind luck

e: wait misread

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

Reduced function depending on dose, time on hrt, genetics, time since puberty.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I like how all trans related topics are relegated to pronouns and crotch stuff.

How about some interesting questions?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

psyopmonkey posted:

Would you reconsider, re: the anime?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

psyopmonkey posted:

did your ability to read maps or imagine 3d shapes diminish after you started taking hormones :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
just so everyone knows, I've known psyopmonkey for about 3 years and she is way cooler than most of you dumb fucks

• Locked thread