Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

HKR posted:

Does anyone have any comments on the quality of Bad Apple Fansubs? They have the first 18 episodes of Goranger and look like they're releasing at a decent clip.

Also does anyone know what happened to the guy that was doing Blade? The subs were halfway decent (Minus typos) but it looks like he stopped at episode 7.

I don't speak Japanese, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the translation; but they're well enough done for me. No 'translator's notes', no stupid awkward phrasing, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Its on "low stock", but AkibaRed waifu armor is only $5 on hlj: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN981578

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fooley posted:

Its on "low stock", but AkibaRed waifu armor is only $5 on hlj: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN981578

Yoink! That's a loving steal.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
6th ToQger is nearing the station. Please stand behind the Orange Line

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Its no KyoryuSamba, but...I don't know, man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Pfst6MUj8

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home

Fooley posted:

Its no KyoryuSamba, but...I don't know, man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Pfst6MUj8

It looks like an exercise video. Which is cool for that "get kids up and moving" effect but that's about it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If that really is six I like his outfit. I really couldn't stand Right this week, as per usual. Hopefully 6 puts him in his place for the next month or so at least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I know I should be thinking about ToQ-6, but I can't help but be thinking instead of these "higher ups" the conductor mentioned. Whoever they are, I hope we get to see them at some point, though I wouldn't be surprised they were just used for a throwaway gag and then either never appear or are just another joke. There's potential there, though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Huh, that didn't go how I expected, I thought Schwarz was going to try to use Hammer Shadow to draw out Zed's desire for light. Then again I guess Nero is really the only one who's bothered by that.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Battle KenyaToQ-6

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Twistys Rapture posted:

Battle KenyaToQ-6

Having not watched ToQ since episode 3, I like the blissful ignorance of being able to believe Kenji Ohba is their sixth.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I feel bad for the Sentai team of Toei getting their rear end kicked by Gaim, because ToQger isn't that bad, it's very comfy of a Sentai, but people don't seem to want that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Has anyone been to Toys R Us and seen the Legacy Dragonzord out yet? I remember hearing it was supposed to come out on June 13, but the nearest one to me is an hour away and that's a bit far to drive if it got delayed or something.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

Has anyone been to Toys R Us and seen the Legacy Dragonzord out yet? I remember hearing it was supposed to come out on June 13, but the nearest one to me is an hour away and that's a bit far to drive if it got delayed or something.

You can always just order one online. I preordered mine through the TRU website and got it a couple weeks ago. Alternatively, just call the store and ask if they have any.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
It's not exactly a retooling, but having two episodes (and perhaps even three) linked that way, that isn't a two-parter isn't exactly normal for ToQger.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
How have TQG's toys been doing? Actually how have Gaim's been doing too? Sentai seems way more toy-centric than, I assume, Rider is this year, yet I also assume Rider is still kicking its rear end in toy sales?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cliff Racer posted:

How have TQG's toys been doing? Actually how have Gaim's been doing too? Sentai seems way more toy-centric than, I assume, Rider is this year, yet I also assume Rider is still kicking its rear end in toy sales?

Gaim toys have been talked about just a few pages ago but basically they're selling really really well. I think last hard numbers I heard were something like 4x the Wizard toy sells and anecdotally every time I've went to buy Lockseeds they either been sold out or going at really dumb high prices.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Just got home from a screening and this movie was pretty drat good. It's kinda like as if Kanpai Senshi had actual battles. Then throw in some Charlie's Angels. But then it kinda turned into Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter is Dead. Also, plenty of Jiro Sato in full Hotoke mode. I wish this was series.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kuuga Kuuestion. Episode 47: Episode 46 ends with the debut of Black Kuuga and Enokida reconciling with her son. The preview for 47 shows Kuuga vs #0, but the copies of 47 I can find all start with flashbacks to Kuuga getting beat up by #0 then it skips to nine days later and to preparation for the final battle. I even tried watching the 46.5 recap episode but no dice. What's going on? Am I missing an episode? Or is that supposed to happen?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ooh, Sakamoto is making an all new series.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That caught me off guard as well.

From what I've heard, Kuuga was supposed to have this big fight with 0 and get utterly destroyed, lots of people dying due to it...but they simply did not have the time or budget to do it.

SO they had to scale it back and just include that scene in a brief flash back.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Burkion posted:

That caught me off guard as well.

From what I've heard, Kuuga was supposed to have this big fight with 0 and get utterly destroyed, lots of people dying due to it...but they simply did not have the time or budget to do it.

SO they had to scale it back and just include that scene in a brief flash back.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was terribly confused. I was holding off on the final episodes until I got it sorted, so I was even more confused and surprised when it wasn't in 46.5. I guess I'll just wrap it up today then. It's still an amazing series, but that's a shame that they couldn't shoot it proper.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thanks for clearing that up, I was terribly confused. I was holding off on the final episodes until I got it sorted, so I was even more confused and surprised when it wasn't in 46.5. I guess I'll just wrap it up today then. It's still an amazing series, but that's a shame that they couldn't shoot it proper.

I honestly think the actual final battle is better than anyone we could have gotten otherwise.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
So uh.

You guys seen the Faiz hyper battle video up on overtime yet? Cause it's um... It's pretty freaking rad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

More info on Sakamoto's Gunblade, including clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvuZ-fwGbE

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Korean toku with Sakamoto as... director? Showrunner? Probably going to be heavy on wirework, not that I dislike such a thing.

Looks neat, from the teaser. Also looks incredibly green.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

From the not-CG stuff, the suit looks incredibly bulky. So much so that the suitactor seems to have trouble moving in it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Potsticker posted:

From the not-CG stuff, the suit looks incredibly bulky. So much so that the suitactor seems to have trouble moving in it.

Yeah, you're right. So I guess they're going to be doubling up on the wires and CG then.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I dunno how this is gonna air in the US but I'm down. I love the bulky suit and the Iron Man-esqueness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They aim to air it in Europe and the US by January 2016.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Parmesan Basil posted:

I honestly think the actual final battle is better than anyone we could have gotten otherwise.

I will definitely agree with this. Even though it was disappointing how little we saw of Ultimate, that bloody brawl was fantastic. Bittersweet ending though, but man did it drive home what made Kuuga so great. The fights really took a backseat to the amazing cast.

It sucks when modern shows like Wizard struggle to have Rinko or Shunpei do a drat thing of use when Kuuga manages to have people like Enokida and Ichijou play such major roles in supporting the main character while also having their own plots, what?! It's almost unreal.

Spoilers just in case because it's adorable but only if you've seen Kuuga: When Enokida said she was taking her son to Disneyland, then Jean later on said he was going to Disneyland the same day? There may have been emotion. I claim to have no OTPs, being a manly man, but those two will forever occupy a secret spot deep in my heart.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I wonder what they mean by air in the US. I don't think any major channel will pick it up, does Syfy still have an anime block? At best they could probably hope to sell it cheaply and have someone adapt it Power Ranger style. Hey, Saban used to do that with whatever Toei footage they could get and Sakamoto probably still has contacts with them.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm been saying that someone should totally throw Kamen Rider onto late night Scifi channel or something for years so I'm down to see how this goes. Has there ever been a tokusatsu show aired on American TV that wasn't "adapted" in some way? Maybe in Hawaii I suppose.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm been saying that someone should totally throw Kamen Rider onto late night Scifi channel or something for years so I'm down to see how this goes. Has there ever been a tokusatsu show aired on American TV that wasn't "adapted" in some way? Maybe in Hawaii I suppose.

Yeah, what this children's tv show really needs is to air late at night.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, what this children's tv show really needs is to air late at night.

I say late night because I doubt any US TV channel would give it any other slot. Basically I'd like to see a solid show get a lame slot and then be massively popular anyway because hey look, something different on TV for a change! And then we get lots of good shows and yeah this is never happening.

Obviously these shows can and do appeal to older watchers as well, so it just feels slightly possible that something like one of the more dramatic Kamen Riders or Garo or whatever could become a decent hit with adult US nerds who weren't already into the genre.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
A collection of weird tv spots for an abdominal excercise bench that star someone VERY familiar to us

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

I say late night because I doubt any US TV channel would give it any other slot. Basically I'd like to see a solid show get a lame slot and then be massively popular anyway because hey look, something different on TV for a change! And then we get lots of good shows and yeah this is never happening.

Obviously these shows can and do appeal to older watchers as well, so it just feels slightly possible that something like one of the more dramatic Kamen Riders or Garo or whatever could become a decent hit with adult US nerds who weren't already into the genre.

For a cable channel, it could probably air Primetime or close to it (like the 9 or 10 PM slot). Late Night is like 11PM onwards.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Light Gun Man posted:

Garo would have to air on a pay cable channel like Showtime cause of the boobs.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Like they wouldn't show it at 6 am on sundays when NO one would watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So where in the world did this Kabuto dub come from and are there any other shows like it?

• Locked thread