Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

ivyleague481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Erenthal posted:

every time i read a big serious article about libertarians, the over-the-top description of libertarians and the logical end results of their ideaology made by goons writing fiction in the seasteading thread seems less and less far fetched

the only good thing about libertarians is the earnestness with which they will admit they think mob justice, feudal lords, debt slavery and roving bands of murderers are in fact very good

they've never been the victims of society so they cannot imagine themselves being victims in the newer even shittier society in which all their hosed up dreams are true

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I am shocked SHOCKED that the community named like ours, but with the word butt in it, is not serious

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

How dare you mock people you should be contributing to the bitcoin source code instead

thread like that pop up every week or so now and my response is always "how loving stupid are you if you see a giant rear end logo on the top of every page and think 'yes, this is the place for a polite discourse on the possible flaws in bitcoin' "

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

maybe you should just develop your own altcoin and show them how its done this is what they expect you to do for some reason

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

FCKGW posted:

thread like that pop up every week or so now and my response is always "how loving stupid are you if you see a giant rear end logo on the top of every page and think 'yes, this is the place for a polite discourse on the possible flaws in bitcoin' "

buttcoin obviously implies mockery, they should be looking to shitcoin for serious discussion.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

seriously, inaba pays the bills

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

FCKGW posted:

gently caress Butt

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Suicidal over Dogecoin - Please help shibes (self.dogecoin)

I got in to Dogecoin at the pump in January. Put all the savings I had into it. I thought it was taking off because it was going to be the new Bitcoin. Like many in here whether we admit it or not I was frustrated that I wasn't in on the Bitcoin gravy train and hoped that Dogecoin would be the next big thing. A lot of shibes on here would probably scoff at that and say it's unshibe like, including one of the founders IIRC, but not everyone has comfortable jobs and high income. A lot of us work really hard for near minimum wage and there's nothing wrong with wanting a better future for yourself and your family.

I was planning to buy a house with my fiancee but now pretty much 80% of our savings have been wiped out. I told her and she went on a rant about my stupid ideas, it was pretty humiliating because I had been going on to her about how cool Dogecoin was and how it can grow in value but also that it does loads of cool things other than just being a currency. I always had a funny feeling that she was a bit meh about the fact that I was a nerd, and she is quite popular, I often wondered why she was with me but up to now I managed to put those thoughts aside and get on with my work.

The few friends I have, I can't even face them because I went on and on about Doge for weeks from January to March. I can't talk to anyone about this or have them understand why I feel the way I do. Even when the price dropped quite a bit below my buy in price (which was around 250 on average) from March to April, I still had faith that this was a temporary retrace, but this price drop is so long and it just keeps dropping like there is no floor. Who knows where the bottom is, 10 satoshi, 1 satoshi? Going down to litoshi? I've tried to comfort myself with examples of Bitcoin's drops from $30 to $1 before but this doesn't mean it's going to happen again especially because of Doge's very different properties (large amount of coins, worries about quick halving, starting out as a joke etc.).

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

vanilla slimfast posted:

also lol at porc fest being the "burning man for libertarians" but asking the lone topless lady to put her shirt on
i thought burning man was burning man for libertarians

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Best Friends posted:

the only good thing about libertarians is the earnestness with which they will admit they think mob justice, feudal lords, debt slavery and roving bands of murderers are in fact very good

to be fair they're right but not for the reasons they think

dehumanize yourself and so forth

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hmm, someone made a joke currency whose logo is a picture of a dog's face? Better invest my life savings!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
how many links to the suicide hotline have been posted in that thread

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

corn in the bible posted:

I got in to Dogecoin at the pump in January. Put all the savings I had into it. I thought it was taking off because it was going to be the new Bitcoin. Like many in here whether we admit it or not I was frustrated that I wasn't in on the Bitcoin gravy train and hoped that Dogecoin would be the next big thing. A lot of shibes on here would probably scoff at that and say it's unshibe like, including one of the founders IIRC, but not everyone has comfortable jobs and high income. A lot of us work really hard for near minimum wage and there's nothing wrong with wanting a better future for yourself and your family.

I was planning to buy a house with my fiancee but now pretty much 80% of our savings have been wiped out. I told her and she went on a rant about my stupid ideas, it was pretty humiliating because I had been going on to her about how cool Dogecoin was and how it can grow in value but also that it does loads of cool things other than just being a currency. I always had a funny feeling that she was a bit meh about the fact that I was a nerd, and she is quite popular, I often wondered why she was with me but up to now I managed to put those thoughts aside and get on with my work.

The few friends I have, I can't even face them because I went on and on about Doge for weeks from January to March. I can't talk to anyone about this or have them understand why I feel the way I do. Even when the price dropped quite a bit below my buy in price (which was around 250 on average) from March to April, I still had faith that this was a temporary retrace, but this price drop is so long and it just keeps dropping like there is no floor. Who knows where the bottom is, 10 satoshi, 1 satoshi? Going down to litoshi? I've tried to comfort myself with examples of Bitcoin's drops from $30 to $1 before but this doesn't mean it's going to happen again especially because of Doge's very different properties (large amount of coins, worries about quick halving, starting out as a joke etc.).

proclick, the original is even longer and funnier

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ayn rand hand job posted:

“I am God,” a longhaired 20-something repeats to the people babysitting him in a bathroom hallway. “I am a perfect logical machine.”

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I always had a funny feeling that she was a bit meh about the fact that I was a nerd, and she is quite popular, I often wondered why she was with me

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS christ these loving people

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Going down to litoshi

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tanith posted:

I always had a funny feeling that she was a bit meh about the fact that I was a nerd, and she is quite popular, I often wondered why she was with me

bitcoiners are mentally children so

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Tanith posted:

I was just hoping I would grow on her or she would mature as she got older, or something...

Call me cynical but I feel a lot of women would leave their husbands if the man contracted a fatal disease, not all of them but a lot of them. Because the man is meant to provide and be strong. They always want something just like we want love, sex and companionship. But I had kind of accepted that. Now I have nothing :/

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
jesus

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

I was just hoping I would grow on her or she would mature as she got older, or something...

Call me cynical but I feel a lot of women would leave their husbands if the man contracted a fatal disease, not all of them but a lot of them. Because the man is meant to provide and be strong. They always want something just like we want love, sex and companionship. But I had kind of accepted that. Now I have nothing :/

im the

uh

never mind, im not any of this, i want nothing to do with it

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Arcsech posted:

im the

uh

never mind, im not any of this, i want nothing to do with it

you can be the love, sex and companionship :3:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Link to the op of the thread title please

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

Link to the op of the thread title please

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120119.msg7203371#msg7203371 posted:

quote:

Madoff was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on December 11, 2008, on a criminal charge of securities fraud.[152] According to the criminal complaint, the previous day[156] he had told his sons that his business was "a giant Ponzi scheme".[157][158] They called a friend for advice, Martin Flumenbaum, a lawyer, who called federal prosecutors and the SEC on their behalf. FBI Agent Theodore Cacioppi made a house call. "We are here to find out if there is an innocent explanation," Cacioppi said quietly. The 70-year-old financier paused, then said: "There is no innocent explanation."[17][153] He had "paid investors with money that was not there".[159] Madoff was released on the same day of his arrest after posting $10 million bail.[157] Madoff and his wife surrendered their passports, and he was subject to travel restrictions, a 7 p.m. curfew at his co-op, and electronic monitoring as a condition of bail. Although Madoff only had two co-signers for his $10 million bail, his wife and his brother Peter, rather than the four required, a judge allowed him free on bail but ordered him confined to his apartment.[160] Madoff has reportedly received death threats that have been referred to the FBI, and the SEC referred to fears of "harm or flight" in its request for Madoff to be confined to his Upper East Side apartment.[160][161] Cameras monitored his apartment's doors, its communication devices sent signals to the FBI, and his wife was required to pay for additional security.[161]
So this rear end in a top hat gets sent to Jail but not Trendon? I'm not aware of who Madoff is but Trendon is a piece of poo poo for scamming everyone. All those BTC he scammed would be worth millions now. I'd really recommend all the investors to form a group action against him and them just have the law firm handle as much as possible. I doubt Trendon only made a few hundred K, he probably has BTC stashed away and is a BTC millionaire. If there's a bunch of red tape because it isn't actual currency or something, Silk Road was taken down and that only involved BTC, so there shouldn't be a problem. All the info is out there Idk how this guy isn't in jail yet.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
wait, dogcoin got in to a position where it could crash?

you people all said it was a joke :mad:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wag the doge

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

I often wondered why she was with me but up to now I managed to put those thoughts aside and get on with my work.

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Boxturret posted:

still is

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

http://panampost.com/belen-marty/2014/07/04/move-over-kickstarter-swarm-crypto-equity-is-the-next-frontier/

quote:

SWARM is a crowdfunding platform that allows for crypto-equity fundraising. Instead of incorporating in a physical jurisdiction, the company incorporates directly on the bitcoin blockchain by creating a coin. Each individual “coin” becomes an equity share in the company/project (we call them Distributed Autonomous Organizations, or DAOs). Coins can then be sold to investors to raise funds or traded like corporate shares on the stock market. The crypto-equity platform is enabled through bitcoin 2.0 technology, the commitment from users to generate support from the community, and the collective intelligence of our users.

After the creation of cryptocurrency, I think crypto-equity is the next frontier.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Boxturret posted:

wait, dogcoin got in to a position where it could crash?

It is. Think of this as putting your entire life's savings into Garbage Pail Kids cards.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Wait, do they make a colored coin, or do they make a whole new cryptocurrency bitcoin/litecoin clone?
Also, are colored coins still something they talk about or is that over?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
i'm pretty sure colored coins, counterparty, mastercoin, bitshares, ethereum, all that poo poo about DAOs etc. etc. are basically the same dumb idea over and over again by different ideas men

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Do they think the government will be a-ok with them running a business with no adress?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

[–]anddrade 1 point an hour ago

About the murder for hire charges:

If you kill somebody that is imminently threatening to kill you, that is self defense, right?

If you kill somebody that is imminently threatening to kidnap you, isn't that still self defense?

In any of the above cases, isn't it still self defense if you pay somebody to do that for you?

I am not sure about the legal answers to those questions, but it seems to me that even if the alegations are true, moraly he was only defending his life since I don't recall reading about him ever initiating agression, or threats of agression against anybody.

[–]anddrade -1 points 34 minutes ago*

>Against what?

The supposed target, from what I understand, was supposedly threatening to send him to jail.

The question is when are you moraly justfied to protect your life with deadly force? If you can directly eliminate the threat, then no question. If you have to ask for help, but you initiate the action of defending yourself, I don't see why that should be moraly any different.

Imminence is usually an important fact, I believe, to justify why the person didn't seek other forms of help before resorting to deadly force, usually contacting the police, which was not an option in his case.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Robawesome posted:

About the murder for hire charges:

If you kill somebody that is imminently threatening to kill you, that is self defense, right?

If you kill somebody that is imminently threatening to kidnap you, isn't that still self defense?

In any of the above cases, isn't it still self defense if you pay somebody to do that for you?

I am not sure about the legal answers to those questions, but it seems to me that even if the alegations are true, moraly he was only defending his life since I don't recall reading about him ever initiating agression, or threats of agression against anybody.

[–]anddrade -1 points 34 minutes ago*

>Against what?

The supposed target, from what I understand, was supposedly threatening to send him to jail.

The question is when are you moraly justfied to protect your life with deadly force? If you can directly eliminate the threat, then no question. If you have to ask for help, but you initiate the action of defending yourself, I don't see why that should be moraly any different.

Imminence is usually an important fact, I believe, to justify why the person didn't seek other forms of help before resorting to deadly force, usually contacting the police, which was not an option in his case.

no loving way.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
the doge days of summer

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Robawesome posted:

ask him if he thinks the "torture him until he returns my bitcoins" part was an acceptable way of enforcing one's property rights

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
was this already posted

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/485478065959493632
Roger Ver
I’ll give $10 to @Free_Ross for each RT. If guilty, he’s a hero. If innocent, he needs help.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Oh Bitcoin Jesus no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

anthonypants posted:

So this rear end in a top hat gets sent to Jail but not Trendon? I'm not aware of who Madoff is but Trendon is a piece of poo poo for scamming everyone. All those BTC he scammed would be worth millions now. I'd really recommend all the investors to form a group action against him and them just have the law firm handle as much as possible. I doubt Trendon only made a few hundred K, he probably has BTC stashed away and is a BTC millionaire. If there's a bunch of red tape because it isn't actual currency or something, Silk Road was taken down and that only involved BTC, so there shouldn't be a problem. All the info is out there Idk how this guy isn't in jail yet.
[/quote]

lmfao

• Locked thread