Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

visceril posted:

But for reals the best parody thing (including mine) is Winnie the Pooh Targaryen.

Word, the 100 acre woods will never look the same to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I do wanna read the wire one since I hadn't seen the wire when that came out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats the one where Cheese kills the maester and everyone keeps saying "milk of the poppy" right?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thats the one where Cheese kills the maester and everyone keeps saying "milk of the poppy" right?

I dunno I didn't read it because I hadn't seen the wire.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There was one about Omar in Flea Bottom.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I'm bored, anyone want to do a bad thread fantasy football league to pay tribute to the GRRM?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If there's enough interest I'll be in.

Basileus777
Jun 13, 2013
Even GRRM's UK editor is calling a 2015 release "very unlikely."

https://twitter.com/JaneJohnsonBakr/status/492050207979634689

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Do you guys like Spades or Hearts? I used to play that poo poo on yahoo games all the time in high school.

Oh better yet, is online still supported for AoE2? We could do Starks (Teutons), Lannisters (Britons), Ironborn (Vikings), Dornish (Saracens), Dothraki (Mongolians), Golden Company (Persians), and the other Mercs (Visigoths)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Basileus777 posted:

There's literally nothing in that article about 2015 other than "some believe it will be released in 2014 or 2015".

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

computer parts posted:

There's literally nothing in that article about 2015 other than "some believe it will be released in 2014 or 2015".

The actual part was in a reply to that tweet, seen here:

https://twitter.com/JaneJohnsonBakr/status/492658907861774336

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Basileus777 posted:

If we see WoW before 2017 at the very earliest I'll be very shocked.

I won't be shocked if we never see it.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

visceril posted:

Do you guys like Spades or Hearts? I used to play that poo poo on yahoo games all the time in high school.

Oh better yet, is online still supported for AoE2? We could do Starks (Teutons), Lannisters (Britons), Ironborn (Vikings), Dornish (Saracens), Dothraki (Mongolians), Golden Company (Persians), and the other Mercs (Visigoths)

aoe 2 was rereleased on steam w/ shiny graphics and a higher unit cap like last year.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Some believe it will come out in 2014 or 2015 or 2016 or 2017 or 2018. They are wrong.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

jsoh posted:

aoe 2 was rereleased on steam w/ shiny graphics and a higher unit cap like last year.

Well, I guess I need to get steam now. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Myth are the only games my lovely Costco laptop can run.

I'm trying to play chrono trigger on it now and it's so painful. But not as painful as random encounters gently caress those forever

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jeffrey posted:

Some believe it will come out in 2014 or 2015 or 2016 or 2017 or 2018. They are wrong.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Octopode posted:

The actual part was in a reply to that tweet, seen here:

[url]https://twitter.com/JaneJohnsonBakr/status/492658907861774336

Well I appreciate his response

https://mobile.twitter.com/Analharrier27/status/492662241284472832

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Those fucks announced three Sand Snakes and Yezzan zo Qaggaz, but not one mention of Gerry Dayne.

Don't go breaking my goddamn heart, HBO :qq:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Prince Bashir :swoon:

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
I think I hear Linda of Westeros shouting "Areo Hotah is near!" but I can't be sure with that damned church bell tolling.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Found it, from the 2010 edition of the Bad Thread.

quote:

"Yo, that's ten points on the dollar, sucker," Cheese Wagstaff intoned, feeling the colour rise to his cheeks. Redwyne's men were all snickering in the market square. They thought him a fool, then. The man's shiny plate far outmatched Cheese's own scuffed and dirty Jordans, far outshined his loose, white shirt emblazoned with Method Man's crest.

"You deign to tell me what price you set for the King's supply, ser? You whelp! I will have satisfaction!" Redwyne drew his notched longsword to gasps of surprise from onlookers and amusement from his own men. Rheumatic Lin gave him a supportive nudge at his swordarm, ready to be his second. "Draw, you dog, you miserable whoreson spawn!"

Cheese had had enough. He tossed the sealed container back at his man Ed Bizzy, staring sheer waves of hate at the pompous knight in front of him.
"My momma? poo poo, nigga, now it's on."
With that, Wagstaff drew his glock 9 from beneath his house colours and shot three times, point blank. One round flew wide, blowing a chunk off a porter boy's ear, the next rebounded off of Redwyne's lobstered steel guantlet, jerking his arm back. The third punctured his enameled plate, through ribs and lung and viscera.

The maester's eyes widened, full of stunned horror. The talks had failed. There was no way they could re-up in time for the coming battle. Blood poured, thick and dark from Redwyne's wound.

"Yeah, that's some red wine for your boys now, motherfucker," Cheese snorted, motioning to his crew to get to their horses. He backed up slowly, piece still smoking in the late autumn twilight.

"Milk..." rasped the knight, as his attendants rushed to him. "Poppy..." he strained.
The maester rushed to his side, glancing between the young men from the Summer Isles and his liege lord's right hand man.
"Please!" he cried. "You've done your harm today, give us a dram, so that he might not suffer."

Cheese switched the safety on his firearm and motioned once more. He tossed the container full of the sweet poppy's milk towards the dying man.
"Price just went up, suckers. Fifteen points on the dollar. Let them know." He chuckled, turned, and mounted up his chrome-plated destrier. They left the dying knight and his entourage in the middle of the street, knowing that they had succeeded in this, the latest move in the neverending game.

WhenInRome
Jun 17, 2011
Boss: "Hey Rome, can I have those reports I asked for a couple weeks ago?"
Me: "I dunno, I'm working on it. It'll be done when it's done."
Boss: "Well, it looks like you're sitting there watching TV."
Me: "I'm a very busy person. I deserve a break once in a while."
Boss: "You're watching TV or playing video games or going to conventions every single time I walk in, though. Not trying to be rude, but when are you actually writing the reports?"
Me: "It'll be finished eventually, get off my back."
Boss: "Rome, I'm trying to be polite, but we're paying you money to finish these reports. Can you give us an estimate or something?"
Me: "No. It'll be done when it's done."
Boss: "That's...not good enough--"
Me: "Stop being so entitled. I already gave you some reports years ago. Stop demanding more."

freypies
Jan 6, 2014
On a somewhat tangential note: I am not attending comic con this year, but I have in past years been to all previous GoT panels and I just want to reaffirm that GRRM is a creepy gently caress who spends all his time harassing both the male and female actors and made everyone in the audience very uncomfortable. Goddammit I still have Nam flashbacks to him licking his loving earthworm lips as he interrogates Emilia Clarke as to why the Quartheen gowns were not accurate to the books.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

freypies posted:

On a somewhat tangential note: I am not attending comic con this year, but I have in past years been to all previous GoT panels and I just want to reaffirm that GRRM is a creepy gently caress who spends all his time harassing both the male and female actors and made everyone in the audience very uncomfortable. Goddammit I still have Nam flashbacks to him licking his loving earthworm lips as he interrogates Emilia Clarke as to why the Quartheen gowns were not accurate to the books.

I just imagined the Jabba/Slave Leiah scene from Return.

Ugghhhhhh

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My dad just finished the books. We were talking about them the other day and the very first thing out of his mouth was "It seems like he doesn't enjoy writing this story anymore...he's never gonna finish this." Needless to say, I gave him a big hug.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
*chants one of us*

Lady Bureaucrazy
Jan 24, 2007

Step 1: Insert speaker into vagina
Did this get posted yet?

http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/07/george-rr-martin-winds-of-winter-over-show.html

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'll believe it when I see it. Then I'll read it and probably get annoyed.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Looks like his publisher finally sat him down and explained how much money he was leaving on the table by not getting WoW out before the series ends.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you are right im sure this man who has been a professional writer for his entire adult life doesnt know how the publishing industry works

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Watch him shock the gently caress out of us by getting Dream out before the final season.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Martin isn't writing an episode for Season 5. Excellent! I hope he puts those two or three weeks of free time to good use.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

quote:

I would review the tapes

Who wants to bet he still has a VCR to go with his DOS computer? And some poor intern has to transfer video files on tape to accomodate him because he can't into DVD?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

Who wants to bet he still has a VCR to go with his DOS computer? And some poor intern has to transfer video files on tape to accomodate him because he can't into DVD?

Betamax is the right answer

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Those fucks announced three Sand Snakes and Yezzan zo Qaggaz, but not one mention of Gerry Dayne.

Don't go breaking my goddamn heart, HBO :qq:

They traveled to every corner of the globe trying to cast an actor beautiful and talented enough to portray such a complex character, but that man simply does not exist.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

Watch him shock the gently caress out of us by getting Dream out before the final season.

Oh of course he will! Didn't you know that he actually has all the books written, and he just draws them out like this to build up tension and push his book sales!

on an unrelated note. Stannis is now a chuck norris meme.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgCpkHW1IE

Who wants to bet Gurm requested his seating position.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I didn't know 16 year olds were aloud to be that close to the Gurm.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
So he mentioned jeyne westerling as being in the prologue... So whose pov is it going to be then? Isn't she just loving around in the West somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

So he mentioned jeyne westerling as being in the prologue... So whose pov is it going to be then? Isn't she just loving around in the West somewhere?

Wasn't she hanging around Riverrun somewhere? Maybe it'll be some shlub Frey who's around when the Brotherhood Kills All Freys.