Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Exactly that. A lot of the folks behind Over-Time and Aesir overlap with each other, they're practically sibling subgroups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

RBX posted:

Guess theyre letting Aesir do it so they can have more time to work on their other shows.

Our translator wasn't interested in doing the movie, simple as that. If you want to read in excruciating detail what he thought of the latest Yonemura blockbuster, he liveblogged the whole thing.

As for Aesir, this is what Magenta had to say about the movie.

gently caress Kamen Rider forever, gently caress it all :unsmigghh:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ignis posted:

Our translator wasn't interested in doing the movie, simple as that. If you want to read in excruciating detail what he thought of the latest Yonemura blockbuster, he liveblogged the whole thing.

As for Aesir, this is what Magenta had to say about the movie.

gently caress Kamen Rider forever, gently caress it all :unsmigghh:

This is all Decade's Wizard's fault!!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

mikeycp posted:

It's not that hard to refuse to watch any of their garbage.

If you can find another option for Rescue Force/Fire subs I'd like to hear it.

EDIT: Not defending TVN, their subs are bad, but for some shows if you want to see them and don't know Japanese TVN is pretty much it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

TerminusEst13 posted:

Exactly that. A lot of the folks behind Over-Time and Aesir overlap with each other, they're practically sibling subgroups.

Everyone who works on Gaim was working on an Over-Time project in 2013 (mostly Kyolug).

Twelve by Pies posted:

If you can find another option for Rescue Force/Fire subs I'd like to hear it.

EDIT: Not defending TVN, their subs are bad, but for some shows if you want to see them and don't know Japanese TVN is pretty much it.

I think the argument is that it's not worth even bothering to watch the show if that's your only option.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Our first clear look at Kamen Rider Drive...sort of:

Decade + Accel?

Edit: And now there's a pic of the suit

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 13, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Not too wild about the helmet, but it's a pretty solid design. Just nothing really big and exciting, just good.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Perigryn posted:

Decade + Accel?

No face grills, so I like it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I miss the separated bug eyes.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I can see Accel, some Kabuto, and a Boukenger suit without the grill.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So he literally has a car tire around his chest.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Not a fan of the tire sash but other than that it looks okay, though I too miss the separated eyes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I quite like it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tire sash rules. Kamen Rider Scrapheap.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Spoilers on the helmet. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Spoilers on the helmet. :allears:

Kamen Rider Drive: Spoiler Alert

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I like the design, just feel rather "meh" on all the other details that have some out so far.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Last time I really liked a basic costume design, I got Wizard, so yeah, cool suit but I ain't got much else to say.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Until proven otherwise, I'm just going to assume this is the Stig's Japanese cousin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Some say that he's a Golgom plothole. Others say that his Rider Kick is illegal in 10 countries. All we know is, he's called Kamen Rider Drive!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, I sure hope Drive uses his Rider Kick. If there's one complaint I have for Gaim, is that the Rider Kicks are so rarely used. Kouta has used his...what, thrice? (once as Orange, once as Pine, once as Jinba Lemon). Kaito, Micchy and Zack have used Rider Kicks a grand total of once each. I don't think anyone else has ever shown a kick.

I'm digging Drive's design though. Hopefully the series itself will be good too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't even notice the tire sash until it was pointed out, and it has now gone from "like it" to "love it, I can't wait to start watching it".

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Will definitely buy the figuart. But whether or not the series is any good, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Will definitely buy the figuart. But whether or not the series is any good, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Tokusatsu Thread: I'll buy the figure, but the show? Ehh...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

AzraelNewtype posted:

I think the argument is that it's not worth even bothering to watch the show if that's your only option.

That is exactly what I was getting at.

e: Also Drive looks cool

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It looks pretty good, I think. Though the flat red over a black base with silver highlights makes him look like a Sentai leader or grunt captain. The sash looks worse on the toy, I think, where it's more bulky. On the actual suit it doesn't stick out from the chest as much and looks a lot better.

I think I'd rate it just under my initial reaction to the Wizard suit. Though, unlike Wizard I hope that Drive gets some color added to it with upgrades, rather than just replacing the red for form changes.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Zedd posted:

So he literally has a car tire around his chest.

I really hope, first episode, an enemy attacks him and it just bounces off the tire.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

I miss the separated bug eyes.

Same. Double->Fourze was great for that. The way they flashed on when Fourze shifted to Magnet States was the best.

That said, I definitely like Drive's design. Simpler than Gaim's, but still very cool. Can't wait to see how much he changes for the different Types. Seconding the hope for more than just color changes. (Though to be fair, Wizard's head gem changed shapes too, but they all looked kind of dumb except for Flame and Infinity.)

EDIT: http://anotherimaginationstation.wordpress.com/ Hey! These guys subbed Heisei VS Showa. I believe they subbed some ToQ back before O-T picked it up/released it? I'll give it a look-see this weekend, unless Aesir subs it first or someone has reasons to avoid this particular group.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 13, 2014

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Liner Form with a tire across his chest.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Same. Double->Fourze was great for that. The way they flashed on when Fourze shifted to Magnet States was the best.

That said, I definitely like Drive's design. Simpler than Gaim's, but still very cool. Can't wait to see how much he changes for the different Types. Seconding the hope for more than just color changes. (Though to be fair, Wizard's head gem changed shapes too, but they all looked kind of dumb except for Flame and Infinity.)

EDIT: http://anotherimaginationstation.wordpress.com/ Hey! These guys subbed Heisei VS Showa. I believe they subbed some ToQ back before O-T picked it up/released it? I'll give it a look-see this weekend, unless Aesir subs it first or someone has reasons to avoid this particular group.

IS isn't bad. The 4chan /m/ threads about Sentai like to harp on them for having some inaccuracies in their translations, but every specific "error" they've pointed out has been ridiculously pedantic bullshit.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

jivjov posted:

IS isn't bad. The 4chan /m/ threads about Sentai like to harp on them for having some inaccuracies in their translations, but every specific "error" they've pointed out has been ridiculously pedantic bullshit.

I though they were the return of Geki-whatever or something.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So uh, that ending to the recent ToQger episode was pretty unexpected. :stare:

Can't wait to see Noire get her comeuppance.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

So uh, that ending to the recent ToQger episode was pretty unexpected. :stare:

Can't wait to see Noire get her comeuppance.

I'm still surprised how much I care more for the Shadow Line crew than the ToQgers themselves. I know there's the whole insomnia thing, but they really haven't done much with them besides flashbacks. Zed's shadow form is rad as hell too.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Dante Logos posted:

I though they were the return of Geki-whatever or something.

Imagination Station IS Gekiknight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fooley posted:

I'm still surprised how much I care more for the Shadow Line crew than the ToQgers themselves. I know there's the whole insomnia thing, but they really haven't done much with them besides flashbacks. Zed's shadow form is rad as hell too.

His shadow form is literally just White Virgil. It's beautiful.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FortMax posted:

Boy howdy that sounds like a group worth using.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

FortMax posted:

drat it. :( Well, my will is not strong enough to resist watching Rider Wars, so I'll just have to watch it twice if Aesir gets to it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

FortMax posted:

I'm still inexperienced with SUB DRAMA except for TVN. What's Gekiknight's crime, exactly?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Fooley posted:

I'm still inexperienced with SUB DRAMA except for TVN. What's Gekiknight's crime, exactly?

Being worse than TV-N in a way that makes it seem like he isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

vkeios posted:

I really hope, first episode, an enemy attacks him and it just bounces off the tire.
I hope his tire can rev while transformed and he uses it as a makeshift grinder. VROOOOM

• Locked thread