Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
witcher is great

that's me reacting to the negative posts itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LaTex Fetish posted:

looks like someone's a casual scrub who got put into 'easy' mode in the tutorial

I played on hard and never changed the difficulty. Quen, roll, throw bombs at bosses. This poo poo loving rules. Even Zelda 64 has more interesting combat.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
relying on quen constantly and being hyper conservative in combat is a sure sign of a casual scrub

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Relying in the best ability in the game to win means you're casual. Intentionally gimp yourself in the name of "fun" because the game's balance suicks on dogs' nards. This is hardcore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Every single Original Gamer is a retarded fake fuckwit. No real gamer would associate themselves with diet Mtn Dew.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
it is kind of a flaw that Quen is this huge crutch that keeps people from actually getting good at the game, yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

it is kind of a flaw that Quen is this huge crutch that keeps people from actually getting good at the game, yeah

Shut the gently caress up, tard. The men have spoken. This game is a piece of doo doo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Quen is a pretty big crutch but if the alternative is rolling around for 10 minutes kiting enemies and taking potshots at them then I say bring on the electric death barrier that sets dudes on fire.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Not using quen means you actually learn to parry and poo poo, it's not all rolling. Also you kill things much faster because you aren't constantly at 0 vigor and do way more damage.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

ain't nothing wrong with powergaming, i do it all the time.

but you can't build the most broken poo poo and bemoan how `loving easy' everything is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ok, so first it's loving casual for exploiting the game's lovely balance, and now I'm too hardcore and should just try and find the fun. Great game. Great loving game.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ok, so first it's loving casual for exploiting the game's lovely balance, and now I'm too hardcore and should just try and find the fun. Great game. Great loving game.

no one said that you big dumb idiot.

game's obviously got flaws, but the combat is pretty good if you play something that isn't overpowered. yeah, it's a shame they didn't balance everything better, but that's just how it is.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

The witcher games are good games and fun to play

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LaTex Fetish posted:

game's obviously got flaws, but the combat is pretty good if you play something that isn't overpowered. yeah, it's a shame they didn't balance everything better, but that's just how it is.

Uhh, yes. You accused me of being casual and then you accused me of abusing the game's mechanics to power game. Get your poo poo straight you loving retard and maybe you'll be able to tell that the Witcher 2 sucks turds.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

grate deceiver posted:

why would anyone want to make another witcher movie, when this masterpiece exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo&t=97s

series was better

not good but better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

What does it mean to actually be good at fighting in the Witcher lmao.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

The witcher games are good games and fun to play

Why do you think so?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Uhh, yes. You accused me of being casual and then you accused me of abusing the game's mechanics to power game. Get your poo poo straight you loving retard and maybe you'll be able to tell that the Witcher 2 sucks turds.

well i made a wrong assumption about being a casual because most of the people i've talked to said the game's combat sucked because it was too hard. but there are those like yourself who think it sucks because its too easy because powergaming and such.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

well i made a wrong assumption about being a casual because most of the people i've talked to said the game's combat sucked because it was too hard. but there are those like yourself who think it sucks because its too easy because powergaming and such.

What if you think it sucks because no matter how "good" you "are" at it, it's insanely tedious by nature and every monster is novel to fight only once, not even counting the stupid rear end Epic Cinematic bosses.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Why would you ever not use the best tools given to you. I only played the Witcher 2 once and got to Act 2 before I decided that I'd had my fill of bad poo poo and the people who praised the game wee more than likely brain damaged.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Wormskull posted:

What if you think it sucks because no matter how "good" you "are" at it, it's insanely tedious by nature and every monster is novel to fight only once, not even counting the stupid rear end Epic Cinematic bosses.

i mean, i don't really care if you don't like it or not. I'm not here to defend the witcher series because its my fav series or some poo poo

but if you powergame and complain its 'too easy' or you're a huge human being who always chooses 'easy' on games and complains that its bad because it's 'too hard' then it kinda gets to me.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why would you ever not use the best tools given to you. I only played the Witcher 2 once and got to Act 2 before I decided that I'd had my fill of bad poo poo and the people who praised the game wee more than likely brain damaged.

i might be alone on this, but i usually actually roleplay in my rpgs. i guess its a hold over from all the d&d i've played.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LaTex Fetish posted:

i mean its an rpg what do you expect?

I expect the combat to be bad in an rpg but in the withcer 2 everything else is bad also. Cuz its made by poles.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LaTex Fetish posted:

ain't nothing wrong with powergaming, i do it all the time.

but you can't build the most broken poo poo and bemoan how `loving easy' everything is.

That's exactly what you can do. If the game has broken builds its a piece o poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

That's exactly what you can do. If the game has broken builds its a piece o poo poo.

Epic this.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LaTex Fetish posted:

The combat is good if you play this made up version with my arbitrary rules.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Ragg posted:

The combat is good if you play this made up version with my arbitrary rules.

*plays morrowind for 15 minutes*

"mom. MOM!!! this game is BULLSHIT i already got 45,000 int and the game is TOO EASY. loving scrubs only enjoy this game*

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LaTex Fetish posted:

*plays morrowind for 15 minutes*

"mom. MOM!!! this game is BULLSHIT i already got 45,000 int and the game is TOO EASY. loving scrubs only enjoy this game*

Lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dragon Age 3 will be better than The Witcher 3.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Morrowind is a loving horrible game. What are you on about dumbshit.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

True.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Post a image of one of the reddit Epic Fantasy Games Of Your Dream's.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Ragg posted:

I expect the combat to be bad in an rpg but in the withcer 2 everything else is bad also. Cuz its made by poles.

this is racism. mods??

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Morrowind is a loving horrible game. What are you on about dumbshit.

If you abuse the game mechanics in Morrowind to minimise the lovely combat, you are a retarded baby. Same as the Witcher 2. It's science dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

this is racism. mods??

It's closer to animal cruelty or neglect. :dukedog: :coolfish: :hehe:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
You can make any game hard if you just make up your own rules.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

• Locked thread