Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
When they do close-ups of her face, she looks like a nine-year-old playing dress-up. (So, way too old to be hot in the Gurmverse)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

FORRESTER

THE MURICAN TOLKIEN

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
otoh telltale is another company like HBO who is going to upstage GRRM at every turn possible, so that should be fun

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They've upstaged The Walking Dead TV show very thoroughly.

Not that that's hard to do.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
poo poo, I'd trade their entire last two seasons for the "ITS SYNCING CORAL" meme.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

oh gently caress yeah

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Great, now I want Robert Forrester to play someone from Deepwood Motte and I know it's just never going to happen.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rember Finding Forrester? Where Forrester was an old goony antisocial peevish bearded writer who made one good book and stopped working?

Yeah.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh god who is going to play GRRM in the inevitable biopic?

I think Zach Galifanakis is a choice far far better than anyone involved deserves.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Oh god who is going to play GRRM in the inevitable biopic?

I think Zach Galifanakis is a choice far far better than anyone involved deserves.

No, Martin Lawrence.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Will Farrell. Put him in a fat suit, whatever, I just want that man to throw one of his manchild tantrums and scream shrilly about the goshdarn book people. Then Dylan Moran can come in as Neil Gaiman and be all "don't worry, George RR Martin is no one's bitch"

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
They are really making a TellTale game out of this shitfest?

Christ, I'm dying here from Game of Thrones saturation, and none of it is the next loving book in the series. Not that I'm really looking forward to it after the poo poo fest s that were the last two "books". I mean, this has to be a record for a book series. The largest amount of related poo poo born before a new book actually comes out.

All this ASOIAF mania, and the last good and actually complete book was released in 2000. It's kind of hilarious to think about.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

At least the telltale game will be a well structured narrative in the setting. I doubt it will be major characters. So we'll get at most a cool new storyline in asoiaf. At worst it will be a decent adventure game set in fantasy.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Given that it seems to be set in Deepwood Motte and involves the Ironborn at some level, there's a good chance we get some Mannis action.

Options:

1. Grind Teeth
2. Set Jaw
3. Do Nothing

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

TK-42-1 posted:

At worst it will be a decent adventure game set in fantasy.

Possibly. But, Martin hates it when people play with his children and the most appealing aspect to a game based on ASOIAF (to me) would be the ability to play Stannis or Catelyn or Kelly C. I don't think that's going to happen. It would be like playing a FIFA game and Messi is D. Washington #10.

Pass.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Plus, besides Walking Dead Season 1, TellTale games run the gamut from "meh" to "utterly poo poo". Walking Dead Season 1 was the exception of the rule as it was at least decent. A few of the episodes, at least.

I have no faith in them to make a well written or even just entertaining game. Walking Dead S1 was a fluke, considering the legion of other lovely games they've made.

Damo fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 1, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Damo posted:

Plus, besides Walking Dead Season 1, TellTale games run the gamut from "meh" to "utterly poo poo". Walking Dead Season 1 was the exception of the rule as it was at least decent. A few of the episodes, at least.

I have no faith in them to make a well written or even just entertaining game. Walking Dead S1 was a fluke, considering the legion of other lovely games they've made.

Tales of Monkey Island owned though.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

Mike N Eich posted:

Given that it seems to be set in Deepwood Motte and involves the Ironborn at some level, there's a good chance we get some Mannis action.

Options:

1. Grind Teeth
2. Set Jaw
3. Do Nothing

I can think of only one character who's known to travel around seeking company with minor lords who need defense against ironborn.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I was loving around on Wiki and found out that GRRM commented on BSG's ending, bitching about how he didn't like that "God did it". Jesus Christ, I wanted to laugh and scream and mash my hands into the keyboard all at the same time.

AT LEAST THEY HAD AN ENDING, GEORGE. GOD DID IT IS BETTER THAN TWO lovely HALF BOOKS AND THEN NOTHING AT ALL, YOU FAT gently caress.

Truly the theory of Bran warging into Jaime to throw himself off the tower in Winterfell is the true ending to ASOIAF. GOD DID IT, BRAN BECOMES AN OLD GOD, THEREFORE BRAN DID IT, BRAN IS GOD. DONE.

Now give me my HBO dumptrucks full of money.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Bran warging Jaime to push Bran off the tower after watching Jaime's entire life would actually be pretty good.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
edit: ^^^ good avatar

It only works if Bran is the one who, overcome by hormones while in Jaime's mind, seduces Cersei for the first time.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Jeffrey posted:

edit: ^^^ good avatar

It only works if Bran is the one who, overcome by hormones while in Jaime's mind, seduces Cersei for the first time.

bran falls in love with cersei and he pushes himself out the window so that he can become a tree so that he can time travel to get to live jaimes early life with cersei

the things i do for love.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

jsoh posted:

bran falls in love with cersei and he pushes himself out the window so that he can become a tree so that he can time travel to get to live jaimes early life with cersei

the things i do for love.

sounds better than what will probably come out

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nope! Because Bran will warg into a dragon and then possibly permanently into Hodor. Just think of all the swinging dick adventures he could get into like that!!! Brodor of the North, first of his name.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

empty sea posted:

I was loving around on Wiki and found out that GRRM commented on BSG's ending, bitching about how he didn't like that "God did it". Jesus Christ, I wanted to laugh and scream and mash my hands into the keyboard all at the same time.

AT LEAST THEY HAD AN ENDING, GEORGE. GOD DID IT IS BETTER THAN TWO lovely HALF BOOKS AND THEN NOTHING AT ALL, YOU FAT gently caress.

Truly the theory of Bran warging into Jaime to throw himself off the tower in Winterfell is the true ending to ASOIAF. GOD DID IT, BRAN BECOMES AN OLD GOD, THEREFORE BRAN DID IT, BRAN IS GOD. DONE.

Now give me my HBO dumptrucks full of money.

GURM crushed the ending of Lost as well. This is probably the thing he has done that has pissed me off the most. It's one thing to write slow. It's another to let HBO lap you. It's another thing to act like HBO lapping you is not your fault. It's entirely on another level to poo poo on other people's art after doing all of that. gently caress the GURM.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I had a brain operation where my memories of the actual ending of LOST were replaced by a fabricated memory where Jack and John do that awesome shot of them running and screaming at eachother and doing superman punches and when they hit eachother the island exploded and there was no more show. I live a capable and healthly life now and I reccomend this operation to anyone else who watched that show weekly and season by season.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GRRM doesn't like the endings of tv shows that had really bad and stupid endings, this is an outrage.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I never understood why people hated BSG's ending so much. I thought the last season was pretty good, and if you didn't expect a "god did it" explanation after 4 seasons of setup I don't know what to tell you.

But then again I only watched the show long after it ended.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Elman posted:

I never understood why people hated BSG's ending so much. I thought the last season was pretty good, and if you didn't expect a "god did it" explanation after 4 seasons of setup I don't know what to tell you.

But then again I only watched the show long after it ended.

You're going to see the same with with the ice and fire series. We know there won't be a satisfying ending. We know the "good guys" won't necessarily win. We know evil characters won't face justice. And people will still freak out about how the ending sucks because Cersei survives and the hound doesn't get to face his zombie bro in an epic showdown.

In BSG, characters say they are angels from god, god is doing it, god god god and the nerds still freaked out because they wanted a scifi ending. Instead they got what characters had literally been saying since the mini series: God did it.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
I don't think it was ever so much that everyone hated the "god did it" angle, I mean I did but I hated more that it was sloppy rabbit out of a hat writing for a couple seasons and then simply plucked down the "GOD :angel:" to justify it. Sure there was a ton of randos saying that God was involved, but none were real credible in a universe of that tech level and they could have used the whole "missing 7th model" thing to tie up a lot of the hoopla way better.

Still 400% better than Heroes though,which didnt have the God angle but just sucked hard the last 3 seasons and resulted in numerous sessions of hate-watching.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It doesn't really help that the final two seasons of BSG were also crap. In retrospect I should have stopped watching after the miniseries and first episode.

Not gonna type up a whole review here but this thread has my thoughts http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651829

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 2, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've never watched an episode of Dexter but the fallout from that ending was so bad it caught a crosswind that rendered me unconscious and when I woke up I was half-way through a post on the in Aint it cool news forums complaining about it.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've never watched an episode of Dexter but the fallout from that ending was so bad it caught a crosswind that rendered me unconscious and when I woke up I was half-way through a post on the in Aint it cool news forums complaining about it.

watch the first two seasons - they are pretty good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Dexter was poo poo for its final four seasons though, arguably would've been six if it weren't for an amazing performance by Jon Lithgow.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GRRM smiled to himself as he watched the latest episode's credits roll. Are these the ones I've been looking for? These BSG writers... The intensity, the made up words, the scattered bits of foreshadowing. Are these the kindred spirits my Dark Passenger has been seeking?

He hit "next episode" on Netflix, and frowned at what he saw. Finale? FINALE?! So they finished their tale, an impulse I could never bring myself to give in to. I was wrong about the BSG writers as I've been wrong about so many before them. And so I'm left alone, alone with my Dark Passenger, to do the things I'm compelled to do. He turned off his Roku and switched the channel to the Jets game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Do it? Dear reader, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I stopped writing thirty-five minutes ago.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

There must be some way out of here, said the fatman to the Ty
there's too many plot threads, I can't get no relief,

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

It ends with Ghost laying down next to Jon as he stares up at the sky. Fade to black. Epilogue of Tyrion and Sam sitting at a table discussing how everything worked out in the end and how they had better get back to work. Credits roll. End of credits is grainy webcam footage of GRRMs legs swinging from a crude noose above a 90's era IBM clone before the rope snaps and the his bloated corpse crashes down onto the desk. A note is taped to his chest that reads simply

'I'm gay'

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TK-42-1 posted:

It ends with Ghost laying down next to Jon as he stares up at the sky. Fade to black. Epilogue of Tyrion and Sam sitting at a table discussing how everything worked out in the end and how they had better get back to work. Credits roll. End of credits is grainy webcam footage of GRRMs legs swinging from a crude noose above a 90's era IBM clone before the rope snaps and the his bloated corpse crashes down onto the desk. A note is taped to his chest that reads simply

'I'm gay'

Well, I guess I don't have to read anymore ASOIF books cause this is just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I figured it out. Bran warged Rhaegar, that's why he had the sudden change of character. Knocking up his aunt to fulfill prophecy gave him a taste for incest and he started warging Jaime and Cersei.