Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Guzwar posted:

Willing to ship to Canada? And what shirt colours?

kensei posted:

Tell me more

djfooboo posted:

Take my money please.

Red and blue shirts only. I'm calling the designs "Helmet Man" and "Space Logo". The shirts are going to be American Apparel style lightweight fashion fit tees, so they'll be soft but also a little bit on the small size.

Just to be confusing, I'm going to post an SA mart thread tomorrow but I'd like to gauge interest here first. Please post in this thread or in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Jc-HBDwPMogeg3gz1fURfijSFc-rdTACh6_V08mtlU/edit?usp=sharing

I may be able to ship through my work internationally but for now I'm gonna stick to CONUS + Canada only. I will update you guys otherwise as soon as possible.

Edit: if you guys want any credentials I'm the Senior designer at one of the East Coast's largest t-shirt printers.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
No black?! :colbert:

Not North America anyway, guess I'll have to print my own

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Fayez Butts posted:

If there's enough interest I'll sell a limited run of classic space tees for $20 and I can promise the printing will be good and the shirts soft.

I am also interested.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Can you do a dark blue, or a green, for the shirt with the logo not the helmet?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I'm trying to keep things simple, but there's no real reason I can't print other shirt colors so if there is a lot of interest, we can make it happen.

ALSO: The art for Helmet Man kind of sucks. I will front anyone 2 shirts who can get me a super high res macro shot or high quality scan of either a red or blue helmeted classic space guy. My embarrassing, high school era email address is slaer07 (a) (t) gmail.com

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL

Fayez Butts posted:

Red and blue shirts only. I'm calling the designs "Helmet Man" and "Space Logo". The shirts are going to be American Apparel style lightweight fashion fit tees, so they'll be soft but also a little bit on the small size.

Just to be confusing, I'm going to post an SA mart thread tomorrow but I'd like to gauge interest here first. Please post in this thread or in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Jc-HBDwPMogeg3gz1fURfijSFc-rdTACh6_V08mtlU/edit?usp=sharing

I may be able to ship through my work internationally but for now I'm gonna stick to CONUS + Canada only. I will update you guys otherwise as soon as possible.

Edit: if you guys want any credentials I'm the Senior designer at one of the East Coast's largest t-shirt printers.

I'm in for blue space logo.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Eh, gently caress it

Ladies, choose colors from here:http://www.bodekandrhodes.com/cgi-b...1&nocache=85703

Guys, choose colors from here: http://www.bodekandrhodes.com/cgi-b...1&nocache=85572

Please post specific color requests in the google doc!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Another Lego Ideas set hit 10k supporters.
F7A Hornet

Say what you will about the game or the drama around it, it's a nice build, reasonable size, and has an eager developer.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 23, 2014

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Fayez Butts posted:

Is this screenprint/sublimate/direct to garment?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Most likely DTG. We just got a couple of new Kornits that do a much nicer pretreatment than our old machines and I just don’t see the quantity being high enough to screen print.​ That does mean no heather shirts though.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Finally found some series 12 today at Walmart. Went thru the whole case got 15/16. Couldn't find the lifeguard, there were a few missing so either someone got all of them or I missed it.

I have a princess double that I thought was a wizard(was rushing at the end) if anyone wants to trade for a lifeguard. Or I'll buy it, I don't wanna just try for one figure.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
Any chance of polos with a smaller logo? Yes, I'm that big of a nerd (literally and figuratively). And yeah, I know it's a stretch - I just never wear t-shirts anymore so have to ask. Awesome shirts, thanks for taking care of goons.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

The top design would be nice without the text IMO.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pyroclastic posted:

Another Lego Ideas set hit 10k supporters.
F7A Hornet

Say what you will about the game or the drama around it, it's a nice build, reasonable size, and has an eager developer.

Yeah I couldn't care less about Star Citizen but that is a cool looking ship and I'd buy it and be happy with it.

Plus it'd be cheaper than buying the ship in-game I'm sure. :v:

Edit: Did I miss my chance for the Exo-Suit, by the way? It's not available on the Lego Shop.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 23, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Edit: Did I miss my chance for the Exo-Suit, by the way? It's not available on the Lego Shop.
I've seen posts around the net of it being seen in stores, so that might be an option if you love wild goose chases.

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

So I've just got back into Lego (after 15yrs or so) after checking out my mates Echo1. I started off with the Ecto1 + Delorean and they went well, but it just seemed like I was building really slow. Not sure if it's just because I'm out of practice or what. Is the best way to build them is to dump all the parts into the box and go from there? (I'm guessing it isn't) Do people sort out all the pieces into individual piles or what? Some hints or tips would be appreciated :) I just picked up the Spy Truck & GOTG Milano and they seem massive compared to anything I've built before.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Depends on the amount of pieces. Building a modular out of a big pile would probably drive me mad so I sort those by type. For the smaller stuff I generally don't bother.

Also, sort by type, not by color. It's easy to pick out a red 2x4 out of a pile of green ones; a red 2x4 out of a pile of red pieces not so much.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

daveline posted:

So I've just got back into Lego (after 15yrs or so) after checking out my mates Echo1. I started off with the Ecto1 + Delorean and they went well, but it just seemed like I was building really slow. Not sure if it's just because I'm out of practice or what. Is the best way to build them is to dump all the parts into the box and go from there? (I'm guessing it isn't) Do people sort out all the pieces into individual piles or what? Some hints or tips would be appreciated :) I just picked up the Spy Truck & GOTG Milano and they seem massive compared to anything I've built before.

All the Lego Ideas stuff so far has just been the dump it in a pile without numbered bags. Most sets these days have numbered bags so it should be easier going.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shouldn't the next Ideas set be announced soon?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Last results were June 3, and now it's three times a year, so early October would be expected.

For the next review, I would guess it's either Doctor Who or birds.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 24, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

smackfu posted:

Last results were June 3, and now it's three times a year, so early October would be expected.

For the next review, I would guess it's either Doctor Who or birds.

I can't see it not being Doctor Who, especially given the announcement that they were open to the license.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My method is generally to get a couple clear containers and dump in 1-2 bags per container. Being able to see the underside of the pile makes it easy to find pieces without having to sort everything out individually.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Fayez Butts posted:

Eh, gently caress it

Ladies, choose colors from here:http://www.bodekandrhodes.com/cgi-b...1&nocache=85703

Guys, choose colors from here: http://www.bodekandrhodes.com/cgi-b...1&nocache=85572

Please post specific color requests in the google doc!

I can't seem to edit the doc? Can I email you? Or, my email is in my profile...

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
For building, I have been very happy with the piles that come out of the bags. Lego has done a good job where certain items are almost always with other certain items in a bag, so I just dump each bag into its own pile and can usually get a good feel which pile has which stuff immediately. Every so often I'll organize the bricks nicely when building a set I really enjoy, such as 42009, but that is maybe once a year.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Dump it into a giant pile and Deal With It while watching television, or get the hell out. :colbert:

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Giant Pile is the way to go. It's already way easier today than when I was a kid with all the numbered bags, so that's all the organisation I need. The sound of the dumping and the endless searching for a 2x1 right at the bottom is part of the Lego experience.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That lasts until your first UCS build and it's a bunch of :supaburn: looking for the right piece.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

xzzy posted:

That lasts until your first UCS build and it's a bunch of :supaburn: looking for the right piece.

That's exactly what I just did with the Tumbler, and the B-Wing before that. It's the only way to fly.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
When I built the super star destroyer, I had everything organized and in careful piles. But for everything else, like the arctic base and Benny ship, it's a giant pile. :getin:

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I did a giant pile for the tower bridge and that was.... an experience to say the least.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Numbered bags are for babies. Giant pile is for real builders.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I did a giant pile for the tower bridge and that was.... an experience to say the least.
I used the numbered bags for the Tower Bridge. It's my greatest shame.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
My technique varies, but every time there's a moment where I'm looking for a piece and my internal dialogue goes like this... "Where the gently caress is it? Ugh. poo poo. It's missing. Check the bag again. It's not there. I've never had a set that was missing a piece before... God, they must have awesome quality control. But this time they hosed up, because it is definitely not here. I guess I'll have to... Oh, there it is. Nevermind."

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I build sets while sitting on the couch watching TV or something, so I leave everything in the bags which are precariously balanced all over the couch next to me.

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Alright thanks everyone massive pile it is :)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The only time I've ever backed out of the big pile method was helping a friend build the UCS Imperial Shuttle. Unnumbered bags of all white pieces was enough of a slog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Giant piles are for people with too much time and building by the instructions. Building MOCs without some semblance of organization is madness though.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

deoju posted:

My technique varies, but every time there's a moment where I'm looking for a piece and my internal dialogue goes like this... "Where the gently caress is it? Ugh. poo poo. It's missing. Check the bag again. It's not there. I've never had a set that was missing a piece before... God, they must have awesome quality control. But this time they hosed up, because it is definitely not here. I guess I'll have to... Oh, there it is. Nevermind."

Haha, my wife and I do this so much it's turned into an inside joke.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Can't wait to one pile the UCS Slave-1. Hunting down pieces like the Fett man.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I wanted to do giant pile for Tower Bridge, but wife wouldn't let me. She spent 4 hours sorting all the pieces into tupperware.... then she said she was done and told me I got to put it together myself. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

dangittj posted:

I wanted to do giant pile for Tower Bridge, but wife wouldn't let me. She spent 4 hours sorting all the pieces into tupperware.... then she said she was done and told me I got to put it together myself. :)

All 520 sand colored wedges. gently caress. Those. Things. Why couldn't they just have made a super long wedge for the sides!