Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You thought to bring us something. You brought us pain.

Why. Why must you make us bleed? Why must you hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trivia posted:

This thread gives so much and I give so little. So here's a thing:

butwhataboutthemen.jpg

I am nowhere in this conversation, but I am friends with Black.

I like that in response to black's quite frankly amazingly well mannered response of "hey, sometimes you gotta focus on one issue to avoid cluttering the message" red's come back is basically just "nuh-uh". He can't for one fraction of a second stop thinking about himself. Also, blue can go lick a wall socket.

All in all, fantastic stuff, Trivia.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!
God some of the people on my fb list are loving awful. The first one works at walmart, and has for like 12 years, and posts no shortage of things about those "urban thugs" and their savagery in his store.

I realy want to reply to this one with "If only those uppity negroes knew how to handle themselves in public they wouldn't get shot" but I feel like it would be lost on this crowd.

And this lovely lady is a new Social Worker/Probation officer who constantly whines about poor people, and "those people" and how they act in court.

Context: this is about the police who shot the black dude in wal-mart who was holding a bb gun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I quit going to the hair salon I'd been going to since 2005 when I saw they put up two Kuo for Senate signs on their window. Seriously, gently caress that guy for running a campaign heavily based on fearmongering to rich Chinese people about how a return of affirmative action to California will mean caps on Asian enrollment at UCs and thus babby's rightful slot at Cal or UCLA will go to some undeserving black or Latino untermensch instead.

Speaking of dumb bumper stickers, he also sells one saying "Had enough? Vote Republican!" in English and Chinese.

That sucks. I have to find a new barber because last time I was in they were laughing over a picture in the local paper about a little league team that was mostly black and saying how, in ten years, this would be a page of mug shots. Then spent the next 10 minutes just repeating "white privilege" and laughing. I wish I were joking.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Soonmot posted:

That sucks. I have to find a new barber because last time I was in they were laughing over a picture in the local paper about a little league team that was mostly black and saying how, in ten years, this would be a page of mug shots. Then spent the next 10 minutes just repeating "white privilege" and laughing. I wish I were joking.

I halfway would expect the same from one barber in my neighbourhood one day, except with natives. I know there's a soccer team in the area, so its a matter of time. The time he ended a rant with "They can then shove their tax exemption cards right up their asses with their dole cheques" was enough for me to stop going.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

mandrake776 posted:

Apparently men have some demands to make of feminism.

I have some demands too. :fuckoff:
Another case of men deciding what women get to say.

I also really detest "Celebrity does a thing lots of people have been doing for years" --> "OMG thing is now culturally important!"

See also: twerking, Beyonce.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Defenestration posted:

I also really detest "Celebrity does a thing lots of people have been doing for years" --> "OMG thing is now culturally important!"

See also: twerking, Beyonce.

The culture of celebrity voyeurism that exists throughout much of the world (especially the western world) is one of the most incomprehensible things to me.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Neruz posted:

The culture of celebrity voyeurism that exists throughout much of the world (especially the western world) is one of the most incomprehensible things to me.

Why? It's just an extension of the temporarily embarrassed millionaire thing. Everyone wants to see all the cool poo poo they have been promised they could get for talents that are hard to comprehend and thus easy to imagine they could have.

We gawp at celebrities because we know soon we will be celebrities. We celebrate their every moment as our own, and their every failure as proof that we will be better than them.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
The draft?

What loving year is this?

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

hamster_style posted:

God some of the people on my fb list are loving awful. The first one works at walmart, and has for like 12 years, and posts no shortage of things about those "urban thugs" and their savagery in his store.

I realy want to reply to this one with "If only those uppity negroes knew how to handle themselves in public they wouldn't get shot" but I feel like it would be lost on this crowd.

And this lovely lady is a new Social Worker/Probation officer who constantly whines about poor people, and "those people" and how they act in court.

Context: this is about the police who shot the black dude in wal-mart who was holding a bb gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk

The victim dropped the toy gun and ran away because he was afraid of the armed police officers running towards him with real guns.

The police officers then shot him to death.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Call the police on anyone open carrying and report them as a threat.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sir Rolo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk

The victim dropped the toy gun and ran away because he was afraid of the armed police officers running towards him with real guns.

The police officers then shot him to death.

Even freepers are calling this a clear cut case of police murder.

FREEPERS

Your FB friends are goddamned insane.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Even a lot of Freepers agree that kid was murdered. Think about that, those people are more racist than a portion of the people on Free Republic.

EDIT: Damnit

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
But don't worry, the police learned an important lesson about not killing black men holding toy weapons and -

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There really should be some law to stop terrified white people from calling police on non-violent black people they find scary.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 25, 2014

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
I get a lot of stuff like this from people that I went to high school with.

No story, no link, no nothing.

I was curious and within five seconds of Googling found out that the superintendent clarified the policy and the kid can bring his bible. Also, the story is from January.

Actually, most of the "Being Christian" page is feel good videos involving kids, animals, or people with disabilities beating the odds in some way. Yet, the shares from this particular person (and others that I went to school with) are always about godless society, kids these days (mostly "sluts and thugs"), and Obummer.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Admittedly I'm kind of curious what he was doing standing in front of that shelf, at first I figured he was just having a hard decision over whether he wanted to buy something or not but hes there for over five minutes. Note that this is not in any way condoning what looks like a pretty clear cut case of straight up loving murder by a police officer up to and including what appears to be at least one 'kill shot' after the man went down, but I really do want to know what was taking so long.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently he was on the phone talking to his family elsewhere in the store.

It's still irrelevant since I've dawdled in store before and never had someone call the police on me.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Radish posted:

Apparently he was on the phone talking to his family elsewhere in the store.

:ms:

Radish posted:

It's still irrelevant since I've dawdled in store before and never had someone call the police on me.

It's completely irrelevant, I was just curious. Like I said that video appears to show the straight up murder of an innocent civilian by a police officer.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry not trying to be combative. Just a little trigger happy (edit: oops bad word choice) since I'm really tired of people in real life always trying to find a reason the victims weren't acting the "correct" way and were responsible for their own murders.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

The draft?

What loving year is this?

You obviously don't pay much attention to the MRA movement (probably a good idea). The fact that men have to sign up for Selective Service and women don't is always exhibit A in proving how hard men have it. I'll grant it's unfair, but a draft is so unlikely that it's entirely theoretical. Also, it wasn't feminists who fought to keep women out of the Armed Forces.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mandrake776 posted:

Apparently men have some demands to make of feminism.

I've always wondered why whenever 'men's groups' talk about misandry or social discrimination against men or whatever, the prison and criminal justice systems always seem to get left out. This new fourth wave feminism (if that's a thing) doesn't seem to address it either, but first wavers like Emma Goldman spent far more time addressing it than any internet MRA.

There is a huge disparity between incarceration and punitive measures between genders, and its roots appear to be within the patriarchal ideals of the justice system itself, seeing men as either brutes or schemers, while denying that women have the agency to be actual criminals, but nobody seems to touch on that, repeating points about the draft, suicide, father's rights, or male domestic violence victims instead. It could tie the whole thing in with increasing calls for prison reform.

It's because the criminal justice system also biases heavily against the poor and people of color, which is outside the MRA circle of caring, isn't it? :smith:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I think on the list of "Things wot are hosed up about the USA" the criminal justice system has to be top 5, possibly even number 1.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Guavanaut posted:

I've always wondered why whenever 'men's groups' talk about misandry or social discrimination against men or whatever, the prison and criminal justice systems always seem to get left out. This new fourth wave feminism (if that's a thing) doesn't seem to address it either, but first wavers like Emma Goldman spent far more time addressing it than any internet MRA.

There is a huge disparity between incarceration and punitive measures between genders, and its roots appear to be within the patriarchal ideals of the justice system itself, seeing men as either brutes or schemers, while denying that women have the agency to be actual criminals, but nobody seems to touch on that, repeating points about the draft, suicide, father's rights, or male domestic violence victims instead. It could tie the whole thing in with increasing calls for prison reform.

It's because the criminal justice system also biases heavily against the poor and people of color, which is outside the MRA circle of caring, isn't it? :smith:
No, it's that they're not actually interested in men's rights. They're only interested in men's rights over women.

Also racism, yeah.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Neruz posted:

I think on the list of "Things wot are hosed up about the USA" the criminal justice system has to be top 5, possibly even number 1.

Racism is pretty bad also but the two problems are so incestuously intertwined that its pretty hard to tell them apart sometimes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

EightBit posted:

You have to be pretty loving stupid to not pass the ASVAB :psyduck:

Not really. The test is normalized so it's essentially impossible for mare than half the country to meet the 50th percentile bar for the Air Force or the Navy .

That getting 90-something without studying feels like such a cakewalk to us really speaks to the gross inequalities and inadequacies of our educational system. :smith:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Guavanaut posted:

The MRA movement is very white, and they don't understand intersectionality. i.e., if something affects black people, then it also affects black men, so if you ignore it you're ignoring the problems of a lot of men. Recently there was an online debate between Paul Elam of A Voice for Men and Matt Binder from the Majority Report, arguing against and for feminism, respectively. Binder asked a number of times why MRA's don't seem to care about issues like stop-and-frisk, which disproportionately affect (black) men. The moderator of the debate, also an MRA, asked to be sent a link to the story, because he'd never even heard of stop-and-frisk. MRA's live in their own white male bubble, and they don't care about anyone outside it.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

VitalSigns posted:

Not really. The test is normalized so it's essentially impossible for mare than half the country to meet the 50th percentile bar for the Air Force or the Navy .

That getting 90-something without studying feels like such a cakewalk to us really speaks to the gross inequalities and inadequacies of our educational system. :smith:

Met an 18-year old Aviation Ordnanceman who got a 32 on the AQFT. I hear a lot of kids take it while high or under the influence.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Vriess posted:

Met an 18-year old Aviation Ordnanceman who got a 32 on the AQFT. I hear a lot of kids take it while high or under the influence.

I was gonna say I didn't know they took anyone this low in...is that Navy? But...

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjoin/a/asvabminimum.htm

Either things have changed or the Defense Language Institute just gave me a really warped view of things.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I think the army even has waivers for people who score as low as 28.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Jurgan posted:

The MRA movement is very white, and they don't understand intersectionality. i.e., if something affects black people, then it also affects black men, so if you ignore it you're ignoring the problems of a lot of men. Recently there was an online debate between Paul Elam of A Voice for Men and Matt Binder from the Majority Report, arguing against and for feminism, respectively. Binder asked a number of times why MRA's don't seem to care about issues like stop-and-frisk, which disproportionately affect (black) men. The moderator of the debate, also an MRA, asked to be sent a link to the story, because he'd never even heard of stop-and-frisk. MRA's live in their own white male bubble, and they don't care about anyone outside it.

This seriously cannot be posted enough. It's kind of amazing to see MRAs complain about poo poo like selective service as though it has had an iota of impact upon their miserable lives while actual problems are ignored because they effect the wrong kind of man.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's also not like there is a feminist cabal sending men into the meat grinder, it's richer, more powerful men.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If I cared enough to touch that poop, it might be interesting to see what happens if one started regularly posting black men problems to reddit's MRA subs.

Radish posted:

It's also not like there is a feminist cabal sending men into the meat grinder, it's richer, more powerful men.

All controlled by Hillary Clinton, noted feminazi.

Oh, no...gynocentrist. Learned a new word today.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 25, 2014

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

VideoTapir posted:

Oh, no...gynocentrist. Learned a new word today.

Oh my poo poo.

I can't think of a single occupation fully closed to a man. For other reasons besides being a man, such as class or race or malady, sure. But what is literally a closed door to anyone with a dick? Being a nun?

It makes my fingernails dig into my palms whenever someone does the "yeah, but consider men..." as if women have any loving option but to consider men. It's almost impossible to talk about anything solely involving women without mentioning men because if you DON'T, men will volunteer it anyways and then you MUST talk about them. Because men brought it up.

Gynocentrists indeed.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
You are a gynocentric, misandrist, feminist monster if you think there's nothing wrong with a conversation that fits these three criteria.

1. It has to have at least two women in it,
2. who talk to each other,
3. about something besides a man.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've seen several people bring up Hope Solo on my facebook feed usually along the lines of "The NFL has issues with domestic violence, but not all domestic violence is women. Hope Solo beat up her nephew and she's still playing for the women's national soccer team!"

On one hand, yeah Hope Solo beat up her nephew and probably shouldn't be playing, but I just get these vibes of MRA-level concern trolling that women committing domestic violence is a bigger issue than we're making it out to be. I'm not sure how to react.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

VideoTapir posted:

If I cared enough to touch that poop, it might be interesting to see what happens if one started regularly posting black men problems to reddit's MRA subs.

Reminder that Hillary Clinton is the face of all evil, or something.

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
Edited out a bunch of stuff, but it's still super long.

quote:

In the book of Daniel chapter 7; verse 23, the prophet speaks of a fourth kingdom to come upon the earth that would be different than all other kingdoms/nations before it. Daniel also says that this fourth kingdom will devour the whole earth and break it in pieces. The United States became the most powerful nation in the world after dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan and bringing an end to WW2. The American 'Military Industrial Complex' has been busy war mongering and brutalizing nations non-stop ever since. The American lifestyle of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and of course, violent and perverse Hollywood entertainment, has indeed consumed, or devoured the whole earth.

In verse 24 the prophet Daniel says that 10 Kings will arise out of the fourth kingdom and that one will arise after the ten that will be diverse fom the first. Truman was 33 and was president at the time that America became a superpower. He does not classify as coming out of the powerful nation. Obama is the 11th! He is of course "diverse from the first" as he is the first black president.

Daniel also says in verse 24 that the 11th king will subdue three other kings. Prior to the Lord giving the understanding to me of these verses in Daniel, He had given prophet Linda Newkirk a prophecy and a vision (Jan 2009) where it was shown that Bush Senior, Junior, and Bill Clinton were plotting the assassination of Obama. Linda also saw Obama had suffered a wound and was lying in a pool of blood. Linda was also then shown in a susequent vision at the time, the funeral of the three presidents involved in the plot. I have been a witness to many of Linda's visions over the years and I believe the order of their deaths was also revealed on another occasion. Bush Junior being the first, Bill Clinton second, and Bush Senior the third to be killed.

In Revelation 13; 3 one of the seven heads of the beast is wounded to death and the scripture goes on to state that the wound was healed and all the world wondered after the beast. They are probably in wonderment because Obama will actually be declared to be dead by the media. I believe that Satan will enter into him at that point and bring him back to life. You will then see a very different Obama with a very hypnotic and spell binding attraction to the masses. Many many millions around the world will be decieved and will lose their souls. I also believe that the seven headed beast may be in reference to the G7 nations.

Daniel also had another important revelation about the Antichrist that is found in Chapter 11; Verse 37

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers. nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all".

Washington based investigative journalist Wayne Madsen has researched Obama's gay lifestyle. He has reported that Obama was a member of Mens Country in Chicago which is a gay bath house. He has also reported on the murders of two openly gay men who attended the same church as Obama. Donald Young and Larry Bland were both murdered 'execution style' within 40 days of one another in late 2007 just prior to Obama's ascent to the presidential nomination. A woman who claimed in written testimony to have happened upon Obama and Young having sex at a Chicago Convention also died an untimely death after submitting her testimony to internet blogger DW Ulsterman. Mia Pope who knew Obama during high school has told radio talk show host Jeff Rense of her knowledge that Obama serviced older white men to support a cocaine habit.

Further proof that Obama has no desire of women is a preponderance of evidence that Michelle Obama may indeed be a transvestite/transgender. Attorney Orly Taitz has been unable to find any US birth records for the Obama's children indicating that they may have been adopted. There are no photographs available anywhere that show a pregnant Michelle. A person with a background in forensic pathology has put together a convincing presention of Michelle's anatomical features that clearly indicate she is a man. Her bone structure and muscular features inclusive of her ring finger length, are identical to that of a man.

When asked if America would soon see a gay president talk show host Joan Rivers said we already have that in Obama. Joan also went on to quip that Michelle was a tranny. Joan's demeanour was that of someone who was speakly 'matter of factly' and not jesting. After River's remarks were featured on the Drudge Report the Obama friendly CNN network ran a story the next day proclaiming that Joan was joking. Shortly thereafter Joan died after undergoing a relatively simple procedure. Her death has been said to be suspicous and under investigation. Is her death a coincidence? I cannot say.

It is God's promise in Amos 3 that He does nothing without announcing it through the mouths of His prophets. God has been warning many of His prophets during the last several decades about His coming judgments. At the time of Obama's election win in November 2008 God was began warning several people that He put Obama over America as the Antichrist in order to bring judgment on the nation. In addition to God's numerous warnings about Obama we can also see that the prophet Daniel has also foretold of the Antichrist presidency of Barack Obama.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I've seen several people bring up Hope Solo on my facebook feed usually along the lines of "The NFL has issues with domestic violence, but not all domestic violence is women. Hope Solo beat up her nephew and she's still playing for the women's national soccer team!"

On one hand, yeah Hope Solo beat up her nephew and probably shouldn't be playing, but I just get these vibes of MRA-level concern trolling that women committing domestic violence is a bigger issue than we're making it out to be. I'm not sure how to react.

This is the same tactic of people that respond to the murders of black people by cops with bullshit like "you don't care about [white kid] who was killed" or "you don't care when [black guy] killed [black guy]." They don't care about any of that and it's just an attempt to put the accuser on the defensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

seiferguy posted:

The reason there hasn't been as much outrage about Hope Solo is because America doesn't give a poo poo about women's sports, especially women's soccer.