Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Poizen Jam posted:

Whoa, that dude dropped $30,000 on desktop computer parts? Does he have a loving platinum plated Octo-SLI-GPU setup or something?

And he said that as if that makes him sound smart. Pretty bizarre appeal to authority.

I'm going to assume he typo'd and meant' $3,000 which is still an outlandish amount but $30,000 makes literally no sense whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Al Harrington posted:

I'm going to assume he typo'd and meant' $3,000 which is still an outlandish amount but $30,000 makes literally no sense whatsoever

No joke, I went on pcpartpicker after reading that post to build the most stupidly expensive desktop I could and I topped out around $10k without just overtly wasting money. I mean, I guess I could always buy more 4k monitors, but I don't know how you'd use more than 3.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ZDar Fan posted:

When can I move in?

I knrew I'd seen that before!

e: holy poo poo, sorry tables

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

ZDar Fan posted:

When can I move in?

Ah, 72 degrees, the gayest temperature.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

copper rose petal posted:

I know, I don't even know why I'm saying this but...why would you request an absentee ballot and then throw it in the trash? Why wouldn't you just...not vote?

In Colorado, all voting is now by mail. Every registered voter gets sent a ballot in the mail, fills it out, and either mails it back or drops it off at the election office. So, I suppose the idea is that the evil Democrats started this new method so they can steal the ballots of non-voters and fill them out fraudulently.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

DrProsek posted:

No joke, I went on pcpartpicker after reading that post to build the most stupidly expensive desktop I could and I topped out around $10k without just overtly wasting money. I mean, I guess I could always buy more 4k monitors, but I don't know how you'd use more than 3.

My guess was multiple sim rigs for driving/flying/mech sims each with their own separate 3x2 wraparound monitor setup, but it seems he's fled after multiple people making fun of his $30k dick replacement computer.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
Man, Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride need to cool it with the rainbow gradient. Even if I was cartoonishly homophobic, I'd still hate those pictures because I guess being offensive to read wasn't enough.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Nevvy Z posted:

"I have spent $30,000 on my PC therefore I am better at google" :psyduck:

Well, to be fair $10k was for the desk itself. :v:

Actually, that number is believable if he's using enterprise-grade parts--servers ramp up into the 5 digits pretty easily, though most of the pricey bits are in the storage area. And, of course, he'd be a goddamned moron to be doing that unless he really needed the redundancy and capacity.

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012

Useless Shotgun posted:

Man, Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride need to cool it with the rainbow gradient. Even if I was cartoonishly homophobic, I'd still hate those pictures because I guess being offensive to read wasn't enough.

How else would you know that the RAINBOW DEATH CLUB was homosexual?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

My guess was multiple sim rigs for driving/flying/mech sims each with their own separate 3x2 wraparound monitor setup, but it seems he's fled after multiple people making fun of his $30k dick replacement computer.

You guys are missing the obvious answer. He's a crazy conspiracy theorist, and he spent an insane amount on a PC: It was for Bitcoin.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

VideoTapir posted:

You guys are missing the obvious answer. He's a crazy conspiracy theorist, and he spent an insane amount on a PC: It was for Bitcoin.

Well, sure, if you want to go with the obvious route. But then how much does that leave this elite IT security ninja to build the ultimate gibson?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Still trying to find the right ay to do this thing that doesn't make me want to kill myself. This week, we're splitting it across two days. Half of the weeks worth of crap today, and the other half tomorrow. To make up for it, I'm going to grab everything I haven't seen here, not just the stuff LL101 "creates".

THIS WEEK IN LL101! PART 1!

If you find what this rear end in a top hat is saying offensive, just turn it off - it doesn't offend you! Meanwhile, we cannot have a Surgeon General because his opinion on guns offends me!

Klain's past makes him even more qualified to fill this beurecratic position than Obama's time as a senator and constitutional law career qualified him to be president.

And aren't you the fuckwits who are against the experts on this?

How DARE we base appointments based on who can do the job best? We need the best doctor in the world to be sitting in an office trying to coordinate other people instead of treating Ebola.

These things and more will be made so much worse if Republicans gain any power.

Correct. When white people cannot counter a factual argument or data, they will accuse the other person of playing the race card to attempt to get out of it.

Sigh.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/12weekfetus.asp

"A man who supports a ban on interracial marriage for votes - not a bigot. A law designed to improve healthcare - the same as outlawing miscegenation." - someone who thinks this proves their point.

And dogs certainly never bark at absolutely nothing over and over and over. Or display racist tendencies.

Because the doctors are going to Africa. Whoops.

You know...after years....of this poo poo....you'd think....we could structure.....a joke....

Those Democrats in Washington did it again. What a bunch of Democrats.

"The establishment is always siding with the Muslims who want to change everything" - someone totally grounded in reality.

Not sending civilian planes into an active war zone, and then not making the Ebola situation way worse - SO Anti-Semitic.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ah, in the LL101 parallel universe, Belgian is a language.

Enlightening.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

All I could think of when I read this, seriously, "[chuckle]" is there in 3/4 of the panels, and twice in one of them.

quote:

These things and more will be made so much worse if Republicans gain any power.

They make a point though, who knows how bad things will get if people vote for Obama next month!

quote:

I know the point of this one is "Democrats think that you shouldn't fight a law because it is law and you should accept it, but they are mad at this guy for not fighting a law" but it's still ridiculously convoluted. I also really like how they add in "His wife is Hispanic" so they can go "AHA but his wife is not white, therefore he can't possibly be racist.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Still trying to find the right ay to do this thing that doesn't make me want to kill myself. This week, we're splitting it across two days. Half of the weeks worth of crap today, and the other half tomorrow. To make up for it, I'm going to grab everything I haven't seen here, not just the stuff LL101 "creates".

"The establishment is always siding with the Muslims who want to change everything" - someone totally grounded in reality.

My ears are still ringing from that racist airhorn. Good God.

I'm sure everyone in that second picture is a violent jihadist. Because they're brown and have veils and appear to be yelling quite loudly, you see.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Is anyone else disappointed that we didn't get another wave of OBAMA CZARS! hysteria?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Ron Klain thing I find especially irritating because for a party that's supposedly so pro-business, that poo poo is exactly what you should be doing. Like, the CEO, or even just middle management, shouldn't need to know exactly how to fix a network that's down, he just has to be the guy who knows how to manage the process so that the people that do know how are the ones working on it, and working on it with urgency, and in the meantime he's also managing the people who are good at communications to do the communicating to the stakeholders that need to know.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I can't read L101, too much concentrated stupidity. I scrolled past your post, Fulchrum, sorry.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Twelve by Pies posted:

I know the point of this one is "Democrats think that you shouldn't fight a law because it is law and you should accept it, but they are mad at this guy for not fighting a law" but it's still ridiculously convoluted. I also really like how they add in "His wife is Hispanic" so they can go "AHA but his wife is not white, therefore he can't possibly be racist.

Obamacare and Roe v. Wade are the law. So obviously democrats are the ones always fighting it.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

ProperGanderPusher posted:

My ears are still ringing from that racist airhorn. Good God.

How about you stop playing the race card :colbert:

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

*Uses piece of plastic that is human in shape to prove that anything that is human in shape must be a person.*

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Greg Abbott's black friend hispanic wife is so non-white their daughter is blonde. Hispanic people can be white, America. It's right on the fricking census form.

e: Did people wanting to appear un-bigoted in the 20s and 30s brag about their Italian wives?

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 24, 2014

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Choadmaster posted:

*Uses piece of plastic that is human in shape to prove that anything that is human in shape must be a person.*

A homunculus rights macro.

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

Jurgan posted:

In Colorado, all voting is now by mail. Every registered voter gets sent a ballot in the mail, fills it out, and either mails it back or drops it off at the election office. So, I suppose the idea is that the evil Democrats started this new method so they can steal the ballots of non-voters and fill them out fraudulently.

To jump back to this: how do they expect this to work? You dig through people's trash (presumably out in front of their house) until you find a ballot, repeat until you have a bunch of them, then mail them all in? The risk/reward ratio is absurd. You're risking getting caught (which would be likely if you're out digging in people's trash bins in front of their house) and paying thousands in fines vs. making it slightly more likely a candidate will get elected.

It's so hilariously unrealistic that I'd swear it's parody if I didn't know it's from James O'Keefe.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Internet Webguy posted:

You freedom to do whatever you like, unless you believe that poo poo is o-tay.

I wonder what Mike Lester would think of this... I mean, he'd likely agree with the message, but it looks like they wholesale ripped off his comic and even made sure to get rid of the signiture.

I'd say we should tell him, but I know it's not o-tay to touch the poo poo.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

I wonder what Mike Lester would think of this... I mean, he'd likely agree with the message, but it looks like they wholesale ripped off his comic and even made sure to get rid of the signiture.

I'd say we should tell him, but I know it's not o-tay to touch the poo poo.

I like to think the editor of that comic's original intention was to write "loving FAGGOTS" in giant bold letters across both panels, but later decided that slapping rainbows on everything and relabeling the manbaby as a transsexual corprophile was more clever.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Choadmaster posted:

That's why I'm a fan of this response

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

duz posted:

That's why I'm a fan of this response

This is fantastic.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Phoneposting this. Part 2 will be up a bit late, as I just punched my laptop after trying to collect part 2, and the loving thing broke. Need a new one.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fulchrum posted:

Phoneposting this. Part 2 will be up a bit late, as I just punched my laptop after trying to collect part 2, and the loving thing broke. Need a new one.

It's one thing to slowly succumb to gibbering madness over LL101, quite another to degrade your own property! :ohdear:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

ZDar Fan posted:

When can I move in?

Every town gets a Train of Death? That sounds loving awesome! :black101:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Just be sure you don't accidentally get on the train to nowhere though.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Deuce posted:

What does this town need with a baby killing facility?

For killing babies.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

My hatred is ready :unsmigghh:

Blarghalt posted:

Every town gets a Train of Death? That sounds loving awesome! :black101:
No no no you moron, it's not a Train of Death, it's THE TRAIN OF DEATH :black101: :black101:

Gen. Ripper fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 25, 2014

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I like how he kept the recycling building as-is. No rainbow coloring or anything. So it's either he couldn't think of another made up liberal establishment or he considers recycling to be evil (or gay) enough that it needs no special mention. I would've changed it to a soylent store, personally. :v:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Temp 72. Because there's no global warming in liberal rainbowland.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ZDar Fan posted:

When can I move in?

I, for one, would like to see a League of Gentlemen-esque skit show set in this small, improbably homosexual village.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Count Canuckula posted:

For killing babies.

Ahh, imported via the train of death. Now I get it!

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Deuce posted:

Ahh, imported via the train of death. Now I get it!

Right! See, this picture represents a Libertarian paradise. Anyone can run their own completely un-regulated business; And because each business is so diverse and unique- Those job creating ma and pa shops are supported by larger companies providing economic leverage to both parties.

Except for the Soup Kitchen.

loving Freeloaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brawnfire posted:

I, for one, would like to see a League of Gentlemen-esque skit show set in this small, improbably homosexual village.

Didn't Little Britain have one of those? Like, it was a traditional small english village, and everyone was gay or bi, but there was one guy who felt the need to be completely over the top and flamboyant despite never having had sex with a man.