Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mercrom posted:

I'm losing interest in this show. It just seems to get dumber and dumber.

I think you're standards are wonky if this show is an example of a dumb show. I would say this is one of the least dumb shows in a while, but there have been quite a few not dumb shows across this and last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
The relationship between the main character and Migi and the other parasites isn't getting any less hamfisted, and the MC himself doesn't seem to develop at all. It also looks like they are going to make magic mom feelings a serious plot point somehow.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mercrom posted:

The relationship between the main character and Migi and the other parasites isn't getting any less hamfisted,

What?

Mercrom posted:

and the MC himself doesn't seem to develop at all.

What?

Mercrom posted:

It also looks like they are going to make magic mom feelings a serious plot point somehow.

What?

In the future I recommend that you pay attention to the TV shows you watch as it is necessary for both understanding and enjoyment.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mercrom posted:

The relationship between the main character and Migi and the other parasites isn't getting any less hamfisted, and the MC himself doesn't seem to develop at all. It also looks like they are going to make magic mom feelings a serious plot point somehow.

Magic mom powers, yes, that is the only reason that someone could ever realize that their loved one had been replaced by a heartless abomination.

On another note, I have to say that I'm really liking Shinichi's parents, considering how rare it is for an anime MC to have BOTH parents be alive, around, and supportive. This, of course, means that they're doomed, but a guy can hope, right? :smith:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm amused that the dad is ALWAYS reading poo poo on his tablet in every scene he's in. The evolution of the "dad reading the paper" stereotype, I suppose.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm amused that the dad is ALWAYS reading poo poo on his tablet in every scene he's in. The evolution of the "dad reading the paper" stereotype, I suppose.

I also love his laid back approach to literally everything.

Your lack of caution led to your mom's hand being burned with boiling oil and forever scarred? Let me just bonk you on the head lightly and point out what you did.

Mercrom posted:

magic mom feelings

AHAHAHAHHA

:psyduck:

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 30, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

Yes, quite literally. His dad is reading the news paper in many scenes that he's in in the manga.

ViggyNash posted:

I also love his laid back approach to literally everything.

Your lack of caution led to your mom's hand being burned with boiling oil and forever scarred? Let me just bonk you on the head lightly and point out what you did.

Actually I think that's a really good way of handling it, the guilt is probably both enough punishment and enough incentive to act more responsibly in the future.

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 30, 2014

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

In the future I recommend that you pay attention to the TV shows you watch as it is necessary for both understanding and enjoyment.
Can you tell me what I missed?

If you have a problem with my negative impressions of the show why don't you just post your own positive impressions instead of whatever this is.

dmboogie posted:

Magic mom powers, yes, that is the only reason that someone could ever realize that their loved one had been replaced by a heartless abomination.
Even if that wasn't what they were going for it still doesn't explain the main character's mom telling her son she might not be recognizing him as her son anymore. I guess I've missed a lot and he's gone all Walter White on them.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Mercrom posted:

doesn't explain the main character's mom telling her son she might not be recognizing him as her son anymore.

In a show that is arguably the most blatantly obvious puberty metaphor in history, you take that as a literal statement? Are you for real?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That's another good dad moment in the newest one, he's just like "did you catch him jerkin off?" and the Mom freaks out apparently having never once considered this a possible thing the 50 times she's barged into her teen son's room in 4 episodes.

I kind of want him to just start using that "hey I'm trying to jerk off don't come in!"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Maybe the original Ryouko was really cheerful or timid or something, so her parasyte's harsh voice and dead-eyed reptilian stare was enough to convince her mother that it couldn't be the same person.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Mercrom posted:

Can you tell me what I missed?

If you have a problem with my negative impressions of the show why don't you just post your own positive impressions instead of whatever this is.

I'm not really outraged so much as completely incredulous that you could have missed so much about a show you were supposedly watching.

First off the complaint about Shinichi and Migi's relationship being "hamfisted". I'm not even sure what the complaint is here? I mean, if I had an amoral insect take over my right arm you better loving believe that relationship is gonna be loving awkward. If you are complaining about the depiction of said relationship I'm not sure what to say. I think it's been depicted very well so far, so you would need to say something more specific than "hamfisted" for me to understand what your problem is.

The second complaint about the MC not developing also leaves me baffled, he is clearly developing and changing as the show goes on, it's not even all that subtle. The loss of his fear of spiders, the bursts of aggression and his general increase in confidence and poise are all clearly shown.

The third and last complaint: Magic Mom Powers. Really? Seriously? Her son suddenly freaks the gently caress out every time she comes into his room, is talking to "himself" all the time, seems to be preoccupied and goes from literally jumping out of his chair at the sight of a spider to casually picking it up and letting it out the window in the space of one day and you think Magic Mom Powers are the only explanation for why she is getting weirded out by her son's new range of behaviors? This is why I wonder if you were paying any attention at all.

EDIT: Oh wait, are you talking about the scene with Parasite Ryouko and her mom? I thought that one was so obvious it didn't even consider it, for explanation of that see here:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Maybe the original Ryouko was really cheerful or timid or something, so her parasyte's harsh voice and dead-eyed reptilian stare was enough to convince her mother that it couldn't be the same person.

Yeah, maybe the complete personality change gave it away! I mean, it's a crazy idea because the show has made no effort whatsoever to illustrate that humans and parasites think and act completely different from each other, but who knows, maybe this guy is on to something!

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 30, 2014

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Redcrimson posted:

In a show that is arguably the most blatantly obvious puberty metaphor in history, you take that as a literal statement? Are you for real?
You have a point, but I just don't think they've had him develop enough on screen to justify that.

But it's stupid of me to use speculation as any sort of criticism. Sometimes I just expect the dumbest plot developments for some reason.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The thing is we aren't really seen much about his personality from before so you just have to kind of assume he was an unassuming Japanese kid with normal dumb Japanese high school kid concerns and behaviors and the way we are seeing him now is contrary to those. It's also moving ahead with the action and plot instead of spending multiple episodes on setup which is nice, but means some of the characterization is going to be retroactive and show in future episodes or whatever. There is no deep character to him yet, if at all, but everyone around him says he's different than how he was before. Which he should be, as he's suddenly come under massive stress and killed a man and has to live with a major secret and all that.

His relationship with Migi isn't developed yet...because it isn't developed yet. They're still feeling things out.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm not really outraged so much as completely incredulous that you could have missed so much about a show you were supposedly watching.

First off the complaint about Shinichi and Migi's relationship being "hamfisted". I'm not even sure what the complaint is here? I mean, if I had an amoral insect take over my right arm you better loving believe that relationship is gonna be loving awkward. If you are complaining about the depiction of said relationship I'm not sure what to say. I think it's been depicted very well so far, so you would need to say something more specific than "hamfisted" for me to understand what your problem is.

The second complaint about the MC not developing also leaves me baffled, he is clearly developing and changing as the show goes on, it's not even all that subtle. The loss of his fear of spiders, the bursts of aggression and his general increase in confidence and poise are all clearly shown.

The third and last complaint: Magic Mom Powers. Really? Seriously? Her son suddenly freaks the gently caress out every time she comes into his room, is talking to "himself" all the time, seems to be preoccupied and goes from literally jumping out of his chair at the sight of a spider to casually picking it up and letting it out the window in the space of one day and you think Magic Mom Powers are the only explanation for why she is getting weirded out by her son's new range of behaviors? This is why I wonder if you were paying any attention at all.
You might be right, I forgot about the spider and I kind of dismiss the scenes where she comes into his room as just being goofy.

By hamfisted I mean that all the moral dilemmas they face together and discuss are so unsubtle it's annoying. Back to back episodes of kids throwing rocks at kittens, Migi using half his school as a human shield, and "would you kill a pregnant woman!?" This might be fine if there was any change or nuance to the main character's response in these situations, but it's always the most obvious response. In the main character's internal dialogue this episode he still sounds like he just realized Migi doesn't give a gently caress about him or people in general.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mercrom posted:

You might be right, I forgot about the spider and I kind of dismiss the scenes where she comes into his room as just being goofy.

By hamfisted I mean that all the moral dilemmas they face together and discuss are so unsubtle it's annoying. Back to back episodes of kids throwing rocks at kittens, Migi using half his school as a human shield, and "would you kill a pregnant woman!?" This might be fine if there was any change or nuance to the main character's response in these situations, but it's always the most obvious response. In the main character's internal dialogue this episode he still sounds like he just realized Migi doesn't give a gently caress about him or people in general.

The last one is interesting because it's a reversal. Migi, not Shinichi, is the one suggesting that killing a pregnant woman might not be OK (maybe more in the sense that he's surprised Shinichi seems to consider it OK than in the sense of considering it immoral, but still).

One odd thing is that the puberty metaphor aspect is complicated by the line about Shinichi being in 12th grade. Before this episode I'd assumed he was younger than that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think we've seen at least a few examples of Shinichi's personality warping. For one thing he became far more assertive as we saw with his behaviour towards Satomi and those kids, and for another it seemed like he was starting to sympathize with Migi's inhuman philosophical ideas in episode 3.

At this point it's unclear whether it's direct manipulation caused by having a parasyte hand or a more "mundane" psychological reaction to the extreme situations he's found himself in.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Mercrom posted:

By hamfisted I mean that all the moral dilemmas they face together and discuss are so unsubtle it's annoying. Back to back episodes of kids throwing rocks at kittens

That scene was not really a moral dilemma, it was meant to illustrate character development of Shinichi, you know, the bursts of aggressiveness("I'll eat you!") and increase in confidence.

Mercrom posted:

Migi using half his school as a human shield, and "would you kill a pregnant woman!?"

That was character development on the part of Migi. Migi is slowly coming to understand that humans place inherent value in each other, so he goes from proposing the use of Shinichi's classmates as human shields to questioning whether Shinichi is willing to kill a human baby to kill a Parasite. Migi has a really vague understanding of these sorts of things because he is a completely different species and that seems pretty normal to me.

Mercrom posted:

This might be fine if there was any change or nuance to the main character's response in these situations, but it's always the most obvious response. In the main character's internal dialogue this episode he still sounds like he just realized Migi doesn't give a gently caress about him or people in general.

I think it's pretty normal to take quite a long time to come to understand a completely alien creature's way of thinking. poo poo, I'm pretty sure my dog has a better grasp of human social dynamics than Migi does. I mean, look at how long it can take different groups of humans to understand each other well enough to just coexist peacefully. People have been killing each other over minor differences in thought and plain old ignorance for the whole of human history and we're the same drat species!

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 30, 2014

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Silver2195 posted:

One odd thing is that the puberty metaphor aspect is complicated by the line about Shinichi being in 12th grade. Before this episode I'd assumed he was younger than that.

Huh, I didn't even think about that. Is that an adaptation change or is he the same age in the manga? Either way, I think 12th grade is squarely on the adolescence/adulthood cusp so it still works.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That scene was not really a moral dilemma, it was meant to illustrate character development of Shinichi, you know, the bursts of aggressiveness("I'll eat you!") and increase in confidence.
But then the scene doesn't work. The viewer has to assume that in the past Shinichi would do nothing. It's also not clear if the confidence really comes from character development or if it just stems from having something more powerful than a gun in his hands at the time.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That was character development on the part of Migi. Migi is slowly coming to understand that humans place inherent value in each other, so he goes from proposing the use of Shinichi's classmates as human shields to questioning whether Shinichi is willing to kill a human baby to kill a Parasite. Migi has a really vague understanding of these sorts of things because he is a completely different species, that seems pretty normal to me.
You are right. If it isn't just voiced curiosity or a practical consideration of his resolve it could mean that Migi, if not empathetic towards other humans, at least empathizes somewhat with Shinichi. That's a really unsubtle thing to put in such an unsubtle show though, which makes it harder to accept.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think it's pretty normal to take quite a long time to come to understand a completely alien creature's way of thinking. poo poo, I'm pretty sure my dog has a better grasp of human social dynamics than Migi does. I mean, look at how long it can take different groups of humans to understand each other well enough to just coexist peacefully. People have been killing each other over minor differences in thought and plain old ignorance for the whole of human history and we're the same drat species!
If Shinichi is confused by Migi's way of thinking they need a better way to show it. Migi tells him he isn't like a human, and Shinichi acknowledges it, even in his internal monologue. Just repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't just make Shinichi seem dense, it makes the show seem like it thinks the audience is dense.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Mercrom posted:

You are right. If it isn't just voiced curiosity or a practical consideration of his resolve it could mean that Migi, if not empathetic towards other humans, at least empathizes somewhat with Shinichi. That's a really unsubtle thing to put in such an unsubtle show though, which makes it harder to accept.

I think this episode showed that while Shinichi is changing Migi is changing as well. Not only did he hold Shinichi back from attacking Ryoko, which could be seen as just a self preservation move, but he also joked with Shinichi about testing if he could replace his head at this point.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Redcrimson posted:

Huh, I didn't even think about that. Is that an adaptation change or is he the same age in the manga? Either way, I think 12th grade is squarely on the adolescence/adulthood cusp so it still works.

In the original, Shinichi and his buddies are all in their first year of high school. Dunno where that falls on the American schooling curve.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Thanks to a link earlier in this topic all I can think of whenever migi moves, is an asian girl beatboxing. Thank you for that.

More specifically about this episode though, I love this show's animation. It's not always the best, but they tend to pay enough detail that it makes me happy. Like when Shinichi stabs the dude with the table leg, they actually remembered to show the cap popping off from the blood filling it up. A small detail to enjoy on my part, but it still made me happy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The cap popping off is actually from the manga as well if memory serves, I was waiting for it to happen and was happy when it did. I think the only difference in that fight I noticed was the leg being a smooth cut in the show and more of a gnarled twisted off point in the manga, but that is super minor.

It is a good fuckin scene, basically.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Where are the gifs of MigiDog :cmon:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mercrom posted:

But then the scene doesn't work. The viewer has to assume that in the past Shinichi would do nothing. It's also not clear if the confidence really comes from character development or if it just stems from having something more powerful than a gun in his hands at the time.

I think your criticisms are self-contradictory. You complain about the show being unsubtle, but you also want it to explicitly explain and show points that it obviously implied. Do we really need an explicit scene to show that Shinichi (a shy, reserved young man by all accounts) would not have threatened to eat a bunch of children before? Especially when someone who knew him beforehand is shocked by it.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Mercrom posted:

I hate when manga people say ~just keep watching~ but the comic actually has one of the better character arcs for a protagonist

MANGA SPOILERS

where he slowly becomes kinda of an rear end in a top hat with ptsd from fighting crazy space monsters :v:

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism

dmboogie posted:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah, maybe the complete personality change gave it away! I mean, it's a crazy idea because the show has made no effort whatsoever to illustrate that humans and parasites think and act completely different from each other, but who knows, maybe this guy is on to something!

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it "magic mom powers", I think the original point was valid insofar as that scene seemed excessively short-handed.

I assume that the world this show takes place in is a completely normal/non-magical/non-fantastical analog to the real world (with the exception of the parasytes which the mom doesn't know about). Given that, would anyone ever come to the conclusion that someone they know has been replaced by a duplicate? I mean, if your loved one started acting weird you may think they were on drugs or accidentally hit a kid with their car or had a psychotic break or something else but your speculation would still be limited to the realm of possibility. It would never occur to anyone that it was an entirely different person who looked identical and had somehow replaced the original person. No one would ever make that leap of logic, especially not inside 30 seconds and after exchanging only a glance and a few words. Would she know something was wrong? Sure, but that's a far cry from immediately trying to call the police on the suspicion that her daughter went all "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Man, I'm rereading the manga and it's still great. I was surprised by how much ground the anime's covered in just 4 episodes; I remember the manga being a lot longer than it apparently is.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

She might have thought it was some drug induced thing at first, but the parasyte's completely unnatural reaction to the accusation (which kindof screamed "oh, you realized") made her panic.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

organism posted:

While I wouldn't go so far as to call it "magic mom powers", I think the original point was valid insofar as that scene seemed excessively short-handed.

I assume that the world this show takes place in is a completely normal/non-magical/non-fantastical analog to the real world (with the exception of the parasytes which the mom doesn't know about). Given that, would anyone ever come to the conclusion that someone they know has been replaced by a duplicate? I mean, if your loved one started acting weird you may think they were on drugs or accidentally hit a kid with their car or had a psychotic break or something else but your speculation would still be limited to the realm of possibility. It would never occur to anyone that it was an entirely different person who looked identical and had somehow replaced the original person. No one would ever make that leap of logic, especially not inside 30 seconds and after exchanging only a glance and a few words. Would she know something was wrong? Sure, but that's a far cry from immediately trying to call the police on the suspicion that her daughter went all "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

Actually that is something that can really happen. It's most obvious in people who have been afflicted with a certain type of brain damage that impairs the part of the brain that connects memories and recognition but it can happen in people without any brain damage too. The best example is uncanny valley effect where something is very close to looking like a living human but "off" in some very subtle way that rings all sorts of alarm bells in your brain. I would assume that all sorts of things were "off" about Parasite Ryouko, things like tone of voice, manner of speech and body language. The most off putting was probably the body language, body language is mostly subconscious and because of that it is very hard to change, imitate or control but at the same time it is very important for recognition, probably for the same reasons.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

organism posted:

I assume that the world this show takes place in is a completely normal/non-magical/non-fantastical analog to the real world (with the exception of the parasytes which the mom doesn't know about). Given that, would anyone ever come to the conclusion that someone they know has been replaced by a duplicate?

What we don't see is that Ryoko's mother has a history of paranoid delusions. The real Ryoko got that accusation like, every two months or so. :pseudo:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Actually that is something that can really happen. It's most obvious in people who have been afflicted with a certain type of brain damage that impairs the part of the brain that connects memories and recognition but it can happen in people without any brain damage too. The best example is uncanny valley effect where something is very close to looking like a living human but "off" in some very subtle way that rings all sorts of alarm bells in your brain. I would assume that all sorts of things were "off" about Parasite Ryouko, things like tone of voice, manner of speech and body language. The most off putting was probably the body language, body language is mostly subconscious and because of that it is very hard to change, imitate or control but at the same time it is very important for recognition, probably for the same reasons.

Also, those dead, beady little eyes. Those are a fairly clear 'run for the hills this lady is not human' indicator, even without the added impetus of intimately knowing the person she's supposed to be imitating.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also considering that 'animal instinct' is a big thing in the series (note: sad that they missed out the lion bit from the manga) it is more than likely a part of the reason Ryouko's mum freaked out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm really enjoying this show so far, I'd heard good things about the manga but never read it and now I understand why.

I'm assuming (episode 4 spoilers plus speculation) Tamiya not fighting Shinichi behind the school is because he's being "changed" somehow, either physically or mentally, by Migi being attached to him, and she wants to see how things progress. Which, again, goes to show how parasites aren't purely logical creatures, despite them saying the opposite. It would be more logical for Tamiya to kill Shinichi there and then, before he (maybe) "evolves" into someone (or something) that can fight her off, but she's curious about this development.

Also this episode, along with the one with the parasite that cut off his own arm (episode two I think), makes it pretty clear that parasites can "join up" with each other in a single body, and it would be a waste of a plot point if it doesn't come into play somewhere down the line.

Though I wonder how that would work. How would they make decisions? By consensus, or it's like "And I'll form the head!" and that one parasites rules over the others?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I need to end my habit of formulating things I don't like in really dismissive ways.

The reason I didn't like those elements in the episode was because their intention seemed to be to exaggerate and mystify maternal instinct. The plot development I was fearing because I'm a pessimist was that the maternal instinct is somehow so powerful, overshadowing even the instinct to not eat everyone around you, that it can make an inhuman parasite care for their host's baby.

Something that makes a lot more sense is a plot development around the parasite's own ability to breed and not become extinct. Migi expressed confusion about why humans care for members of their own species when they eat other species. This indicates that Migi doesn't really comprehend survival on more than an individual level, and that that parasite species may not be a product of breeding or evolution. While it doesn't really make sense that they would from what Migi told us, it might make them question where they come from and how they are supposed to survive in the future.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mikl posted:

I'm really enjoying this show so far, I'd heard good things about the manga but never read it and now I understand why.

I'm assuming (episode 4 spoilers plus speculation) Tamiya not fighting Shinichi behind the school is because he's being "changed" somehow, either physically or mentally, by Migi being attached to him, and she wants to see how things progress. Which, again, goes to show how parasites aren't purely logical creatures, despite them saying the opposite. It would be more logical for Tamiya to kill Shinichi there and then, before he (maybe) "evolves" into someone (or something) that can fight her off, but she's curious about this development.

That's not illogic. Logic isn't what sets your goals, it's how you pursue your goals, a machine you feed inputs into. Ryoko is a scientist, driven by curiosity about humanity and the parasites. Everything she's done has been in service of that (except possibly killing A). Choosing to further observe a unique specimen behaving in an unexpected manner is a logical pursuit of her goals.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
For most humans scientific curiosity is a tool, not a goal. It's not weird to assume Ryoko just finds curiosity beneficial for survival, though the opposite might also be true.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mikl posted:

Though I wonder how that would work. How would they make decisions? By consensus, or it's like "And I'll form the head!" and that one parasites rules over the others?
I assume whoever got the head would control the body, and the others would basically just be along for the ride and extra blade tentacles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Detached Migi was weirdly cute.

• Locked thread