Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

TK-42-1 posted:

Then maybe Aryan just because it's the only other storyline that isn't some tired bullshit at this point.

Yes, I too am very interested in reading about the glorious ascension of Aryan, all 1,488 pages of it :hitler:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yes, I too am very interested in reading about the glorious ascension of Aryan, all 1,488 pages of it :hitler:
Mein Kelly C.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Ein Faden
Ein Buch
Ein Ficker

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
The Maesters have invented a way to stop dragons and magic. It's called Absolute Fucker.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

TK-42-1 posted:

I look forward to a POV from Robert Strong.

The whole chapter would be MAIM KILL BURN MAIM KILL BURN

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

kaworu posted:

To be perfectly frank I find the fact that GRMM just casually uses a word like twincest on his livejournal to be the more troubling part.

People still have livejournals?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Hogge Wild posted:

The Maesters have invented a way to stop dragons and magic. It's called Absolute Fucker.

That's some Animal Man poo poo and I love it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ActusRhesus posted:

People still have livejournals?

No, just a GRRM.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Targaryan Brotherhood without Banners
Fire and Blood in, Fire and Blood out

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No, just a GRRM.

GRRM and one of the guys who writes the Venture Brothers.

THATS IT. Just those two.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

reignofevil posted:

GRRM and one of the guys who writes the Venture Brothers.

THATS IT. Just those two.

I'm actually kind of shocked it wasn't Doc Hammer.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm actually kind of shocked it wasn't Doc Hammer.

He never had a LiveJournal, but I think he was one of the last people on MySpace.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I have to agree with GRRM in his latest interview:

quote:

"From my point of view, the craziest one is the people who believe that I've actually finished all of the books, and I'm just sitting on them for some reason in order to get more money or increase the value, you know, to release them an appropriate point," said Martin. "That's a pretty crazy one, but there seem to be people who actually believe that."
Such people clearly have no idea who they're dealing with here.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
He's incorrect the craziest people are the ones that think there will be another book written by GRRM. At least one published pre-mortum anyways.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toplowtech posted:

It's Halloween, i guess:
nope
Reminds me of windowlicker by Aphex Twin.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MBaEEODzU0

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 8, 2014

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No, just a GRRM.

I'm just a GRRM and my fans are hating me cuz I won't let myself write

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Just a lonely GRRM

Livin' in a lonely world

He took the midnight train going a-ny-where

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm a GRRM.

I'm content with my legacy being the man who loves rape and never finished his books.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Oh sweet, fanfics and fanlyrics, what's upppp:
(mining archives for your own poo poo is hard :/ )

quote:

"Yo, that's ten points on the dollar, sucker," Cheese Wagstaff intoned, feeling the colour rise to his cheeks. Redwyne's men were all snickering in the market square. They thought him a fool, then. The man's shiny plate far outmatched Cheese's own scuffed and dirty Jordans, far outshined his loose, white shirt emblazoned with Method Man's crest.

"You deign to tell me what price you set for the King's supply, ser? You whelp! I will have satisfaction!" Redwyne drew his notched longsword to gasps of surprise from onlookers and amusement from his own men. Rheumatic Lin gave him a supportive nudge at his swordarm, ready to be his second. "Draw, you dog, you miserable whoreson spawn!"

Cheese had had enough. He tossed the sealed container back at his man Ed Bizzy, staring sheer waves of hate at the pompous knight in front of him.
"My momma? poo poo, nigga, now it's on."
With that, Wagstaff drew his glock 9 from beneath his house colours and shot three times, point blank. One round flew wide, blowing a chunk off a porter boy's ear, the next rebounded off of Redwyne's lobstered steel guantlet, jerking his arm back. The third punctured his enameled plate, through ribs and lung and viscera.

The maester's eyes widened, full of stunned horror. The talks had failed. There was no way they could re-up in time for the coming battle. Blood poured, thick and dark from Redwyne's wound.

"Yeah, that's some red wine for your boys now, motherfucker," Cheese snorted, motioning to his crew to get to their horses. He backed up slowly, piece still smoking in the late autumn twilight.

"Milk..." rasped the knight, as his attendants rushed to him. "Poppy..." he strained.
The maester rushed to his side, glancing between the young men from the Summer Isles and his liege lord's right hand man.
"Please!" he cried. "You've done your harm today, give us a dram, so that he might not suffer."

Cheese switched the safety on his firearm and motioned once more. He tossed the container full of the sweet poppy's milk towards the dying man.

"Price just went up, suckers. Fifteen points on the dollar. Let them know." He chuckled, turned, and mounted up his chrome-plated destrier. They left the dying knight and his entourage in the middle of the street, knowing that they had succeeded in this, the latest move in the neverending game.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

quote:

There was time enough to sit, then, to forget the fears of the Mountain and his men and the horrors they had loosed on the countryside. Each sat, alone, staring into the middle distance, unsure of thoughts and words.

Hot Pie had unpacked the day's rations to go along with what little forage Gendry and Arya had made. He bit into the first of the warmed dinner pastries they had scavenged from King's Landing and immediately his face lit up. "Oh lads, I've had pies before, but whoever crafted these... these are truly the Seven's doing... the son-of-a-whore got all the bones all the way out the damned chicken meat. I tell you, before he came along, peasants were chewing on drumsticks getting grease all over their fingers 'till he said 'cook it without the bone'... he must be showering with gold.

Gendry chewed thoughtfully and after a moment, said "You think that man was paid? The man that created a pie like this 'un?"

Hot Pie leaned back against a stump, eyes glazing over with visions of Lannister gold. "Shiit, he richer than a motherfucker."

Arya, trying not to roll her eyes at this display, finally spoke. "Why? Do you think he got a sack of gold from the king himself?"

"Uh, why not?" Hot Pie's eyes came back into focus.

"Don't be stupid. The man that invented them, these oh so special pies--he, he's just some sad servant at the basement of the Red Keep, thinking up ridiculous ideas to make the King happy and get him all the praise."

Gendry stirred at this, brows furrowing. "Naw, that ain't right!"

"Stuff your 'right', it isn't about 'right', it's about who's on the Throne!" Arya said. She had started breathing heavily, face getting flush. That these two simpletons couldn't grasp the finer points of servants and their betters... she couldn't help but feel this way. "You think the Old King just sent Patchface down to the basement to say 'Hey, Mister Boneless Chicken, we're eating these pies faster than you can tear the bone out, so I'm going to write my clowney name on this big, fat deed for you! No, the sod that invented them, he's still down there, chained like in a dungeon thinking up some nonsense about breading and frying chicken lumps or something else stupid like that. Believe me..."

She stopped, leaving only silence and her trembling shoulders, shaking her head.

Hot Pie stared at her, looked away, then back. "Yeah, he still had the idea though."

Arya nodded, then pelted him with a large rock for being a dullard.

quote:

The guard captain entered Tyrion's chamber, noticeably sweating despite the cooler air of the season. "Sir, we found him, as you requested. It was... not easy, and at some considerable cost. Especially taken alive."

Tyrion carefully marked his page in the tome, carefully took up his pipe from its cradle and looked up, feigning his indifference. "Sometimes these things are required. You have him under watch, I take it? When can I see him?"

The captain swallowed noisily, his shifting cloak throwing patterns of light across the smokey room. "Right now, m'lord. If you wish. I should, ah, inform you he killed one officer and grievously wounded another tw-"

"Yes, yes, you can fill out your report and ask for your needed overtime, or hazard pay, or whatever," Tyrion paused to compose himself and take a hit off the Dornish pipe. "I'll see him now. Alone." His gut was in a tumult, but he cared not.

"That is unwise, sir. You do not jape about with someone such as he."

"Send him in, else you'll be serving in the mines on Casterly Rock," Tyrion said, impatience bursting.

Nodding, the captain wiped his brow and knocked at the chamber door. It opened wide and several armed men shuffled around to reveal a dark stranger in their midst, who swaggered into Tyrion's office.

"My Lord Hand," the captain said, bowing, "Here is your Mister Little."

"And here," Tyrion said as he straightened up in his chair, breathing out sweet smoke, "I thought that was what people called me."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

There's more, but it's time for someone to step up. BoT, you know what must needs be done.

quote:

Small council member Baelish had had just about enough of this poo poo. Last night the guard had found six more hovels with bodies stuffed in them, rat-eaten and the gods knew what else. 'Casualties of the growing poppy trade', the sweating captain had told him at their morning review.

And still, he had to sit here and listen to these pampered assholes go on about contractor funding for additions and renovations to the Great Sept. He didn't know if they were intentionally blind, or just really that self-absorbed.

The worst, of course, was that pompous dwarf, lording his position over everyone, taking the free ride into office instead of building up a career toward it. Sure, he was popular with the nobles, and any detractors were always a short quip away from being dismissed, but something about the whole thing stank.

The council was finally wrapping up for evening, which snapped him out of his stupor. His mind was still stuck on the growing violence between several of the lords of the shanties and slums, and the vicious Southeros population that had moved in, known as the 'island milk crew'. He had heard several beat guards laugh it off as scum taking out scum, but that was hardly a good reputation for King's Landing. This War of the Flowers, as his aide had called it, that would be a starting point for his campaign platform.

And to speak of the devil, just as he was leaving chambers, his friend and campaign manager, came shuffling by his side. “I heard a little birdie say that you weren't too happy with the reports from last night. I heard that you have been greatly troubled today.”

“Well, you heard loving right.” They walked side by side out onto the walls that overlooked the bay, watching crabbers bring in their catch. “Something tells me that our esteemed Hand is keeping quiet on the whole thing because he's got something to gain. But I'll tell you this, the loving mother that comes home to a house ransacked by milk-heads, or the guard that gets knifed for breaking up a bad deal, they're the ones that pay.”

“Oh, you do sound so frightfully self-righteous, my little lord, but I wouldn't speak such thoughts so brazenly. Not with an election so near.” As they walked, his perfumed friend leaned in closer. “It would help your cause to speak more to the common folk about this, but... if you needed ammunition...”

“Spit it out!”

“Well, some little whispers say that the dwarf himself has had meetings in the dead of night with some scary, rough types. Islanders. Especially one infamous one that calls himself Maro the Little. Now, what would the King's Hand have use for such people? Especially with an escalation in violence?”

Baelish leaned against a stone crenel, staring out. “Do you think this can work without playing like they do? Slinging dirt and mud?”

“Delicious things can sometimes be found in muddy waters, my friend.”

“Yeah, and loads of poo poo, too,” said Baelish. The sun was going down fast. Tomorrow would bring them one day closer to voting day. “You think we have a good shot at this? This city needs cleaning up, and you can bet your rear end it won't be the dwarf doing it.”

“Maybe you can contest him at the royal debates, soon enough. As ever, though, do remain cautious.”

“Oh, I'll do both, believe me. Yeah, come that night I will kick his rear end. Then the next day I'll wake up a lowborn to a court that ain't.” He breathed out slow through his lips.

“Dinner, Petyr?”

“Yes, Varys. On you. I'll get you back when I'm in the big seat.”

The king may always stay the king, but the 'little finger' would be hosed if he wouldn't go down without a fight over being the one behind the throne.

quote:

Yo, you want to know about life down on the corners of Lotus Port? Slinging that poppy milk? About the boys touting Poppy-Pop, Pirate's Delight, Arbor Fine, all that? Trying to sell poo poo to the fiends that they don't even need 'cause it's all the princes left to us?

First thing's first, everybody thinks we all just straight Islanders down here, but it's a mix. All up and down the coast, ships every day, man. We got every shade, every colour. Folks from up in Highgarden, Pentos, Asshai, wherever. Like Slaver's Bay, only most folks that end up here end up in the bottom of a bottle or the end of a milk pipe instead of an auction.

poo poo gets hard out here for a boy near the docks, but you know, sometimes it gets real whack. My moms' brother a city watch, and he told her about some poo poo the other week, where some crates stacked on the docks cracked open in the heat and what they first thought was rotten meats was dead slaves. Stacked up to the top, sealed in tight.

Like, what the gently caress is that? And people call us backwards and violent and poo poo. I heard the captain and first mate show up two days later with no hands and no faces. poo poo like that.

I hear them pale rear end folks up north coming down here always complaining about war or how winter's so long or lord so-and-so be sweating boys delivering a package. Bet they never had to deal with a hurricane viper before. Or a blood whale. Now that poo poo is real.

Oh poo poo, look, it's Spoony! That's my main man over there with his bottom cur. I hear he makes out like a pirate down at the mines. Got gold, curs, sworn swords, a modified carriage. His name rings out! poo poo, I wish I could get up out of this here and do like he do.

We been trying to move some of the stuff they dig out on the side. My man Kajalo Xro sitting on ten keys of uncut rocks. But obsidian that ain't cut ain't worth poo poo, know what I mean? The princes be all like 'hey, no slinging this rock, we need it all' or something, but how the gently caress would they know what it's like down here. We stay on the docks and corners, they stay up in they palace. The prince stay the prince.

But on the real? I'm just trying to stay alive, one day at a time. It's hard playing at this game, but everybody trying to take they cut, right? You gotta stay in the game to get out. People say that's just life. Yeah, I bet it's the same for your streets too? Maybe, maybe not. People need that milk, though. That or something else, something worse. Maybe the people that run poo poo where you live need this poo poo to keep going. And that comes down on us, man.

But that's enough philosophizing, let me take you to the plaza and see an Anacondas game, they got some skills!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

poo poo, missed one, and the response:

quote:

Gram Royce suddenly felt the violent and icy death of his long lost brother through his latent twinshifting. Quickly he ran through the steamy, lurid, sultry jungle, nearly choking on the humid air. He had to tell Saemter Xaron that the man's calculations were true.

The village was mostly empty as he passed, thatched huts normally full of dusky, caramel folk now off at the mines and crafthouses. Truly Father Xho and the three strange priests from the darkest east had been right all along. A world away, the Ice was indeed coming!

Gradually the sounds of a great, shuffling, heaving, groaning beast of a work force surrounded him and the jungle cleared out into the great tiered plazas of Southerton. Here and there, tawny hues of nubile young lads and lasses greeted him, ceaselessly chipping away at black rock, red wood, and gray stone. Their preparations would be worthwhile after all, if the old books the Saemter had found were true. These dragonarms would suit them well.

Soon the palace rose before him, twisting spires betraying the simplicities of its prince. Gram swallowed hard and shook off the cool shiver he felt. A statue of the great leader Xho stood outside the gates, wrought in magnificent black glass. It might just be possible, he thought. For who to better defeat White Walkers than Black ones?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Dear Ser:

I have been requested by the Summer Isle Obsidian Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Summer Isle Obsidian Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for dragonglass exploration in the sub-Sothoros region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling two million westerosi golden dragons. The Summer Isle Obsidian Company is desirous of dragonglass exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain decree of the summer islander tribal elder, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-summer isles resident to assist the Summer Isle Obsidian Company, in moving these funds out of the Summer Isles. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your iron bank account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Summer Isle Obsidian Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Summer Isle Obsidian Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or two hundred thousand golden dragons of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Summer isle law, you must presently be a depositor of at least one hundred thousand golden dragons in a Summer isle bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of the Summer isles.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lotus Port, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Summer Isle Obsidian Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of the Summer Isles.

Yours truly,

Prince Jalabhar Xho

radthibodaux
Nov 1, 2011

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

visceril posted:

Just a lonely GRRM

Livin' in a lonely world

He took the midnight train going a-ny-where

I'm embarrassed to admit how long I chuckled at this.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
...did you write carcetti as baelish before the show casting? I can only hope...

Those are a lot better now that I've actually seen the wire.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Not that one, sadly. But as soon as they announced him the idea was there.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I know people were saying for a long time that Aiden Gillen would be a fantastic Mockingjay Nightwing Big Bird Littlefinger, so his casting blew a lot of minds.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The Telltale games ASOIAF game is reportedly going to have 5-6 playable characters, all from the same family and all affecting the story.

For people who have been in here for a while, a story is "an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment". You might have read one a decade or so ago in one of these books.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Telltale games ASOIAF game is reportedly going to have 5-6 playable characters, all from the same family and all affecting the story.

For people who have been in here for a while, a story is "an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment". You might have read one a decade or so ago in one of these books.

We're fast approaching the day when we can round up to two decades.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If we're just going by AGoT, ACoK, and ASoS we're definitely ok to round to 20.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
At this rate GRRM will have written not even 6 ASOIAF books in the time it took for Jordan (and Sandersen) to write the Wheel of Time. It'll probably take him longer to write book 7 than it tooFeist to write the Riftwar Cycle.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

At this rate GRRM will have written not even 6 ASOIAF books in the time it took for Jordan (and Sandersen) to write the Wheel of Time. It'll probably take him longer to write book 7 than it tooFeist to write the Riftwar Cycle.

The Malazan books are on the same length as WoT and took 11 years to write ie twice as fast as WoT.
Pratchett wrote 31 books in the Discworld series in 20 years.

So I guess the solution is easy, pay Sanderson to of GRRM by a means off a poisoned lemon cake and let him finish the series, where we will get an extremely detailed description of the Mountain/Robert Strong versus the Hound showdown.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
To be fair to the fat man ASOIAF is much better than WoT in every possible aspect, at least the first three books are. I also couldn't get past the first half of the first book of Malazan which isn't a great sign in my opinion.

Say what you will about the fat man but there aren't a lot of works in the fantasy genre that can compare to (the first three) ASOIAF novels. Amusingly it took him what, three years to write AGOT through ASOS? That's probably the best indication that he actually had no clue how to conclude the series, how could he write the best three books at a lightning pace and then slog through the rest and produce mediocre works otherwise?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think it was just that GRRM had the ideas for the first three books germinating for a very long time in the 80s and 90s and then he thought he'd be able to do the timeskip and everything would work out, but by the time he actually plotted the details that far he realized he had too many spinning plates to just jump ahead and he was already being hailed the American Tolkien and HBO was knocking on his door and it all seems to be a lot of pressure and premature cheering of victory from others doesn't it? Being a fat goony gently caress myself I'd break like cheap lawn furniture, sell the gently caress out, and informally retire to a life of football and conventions too.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

emanresu tnuocca posted:

To be fair to the fat man ASOIAF is much better than WoT in every possible aspect, at least the first three books are. I also couldn't get past the first half of the first book of Malazan which isn't a great sign in my opinion.

Say what you will about the fat man but there aren't a lot of works in the fantasy genre that can compare to (the first three) ASOIAF novels. Amusingly it took him what, three years to write AGOT through ASOS? That's probably the best indication that he actually had no clue how to conclude the series, how could he write the best three books at a lightning pace and then slog through the rest and produce mediocre works otherwise?

Man, Crossroads of Twilight were extremely boring. But I honestly think I'll reread that before A Feast for Crows to be honest. Prolly before A Dance with Dragons too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

mind the walrus posted:

I think it was just that GRRM had the ideas for the first three books germinating for a very long time in the 80s and 90s and then he thought he'd be able to do the timeskip and everything would work out, but by the time he actually plotted the details that far he realized he had too many spinning plates to just jump ahead and he was already being hailed the American Tolkien and HBO was knocking on his door and it all seems to be a lot of pressure and premature cheering of victory from others doesn't it? Being a fat goony gently caress myself I'd break like cheap lawn furniture, sell the gently caress out, and informally retire to a life of football and conventions too.

Yeah but at some point wouldn't you or your publisher just have like 6 people ghostwrite the next book, choose the best one and pay them all a million dollars to shut up about it?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mind the walrus posted:

yep. Although I prefer my "Sold soul for award winning trilogy" theory... and then tried to cheat the devil by stretching it into more than 3 books. He has only written 1 book since then ( splitting it in half doesn't make it 2 ) and it pretty much sucked compared to 1/2/3. Even now, the "best" parts of book 4 and 5 are ones that he wrote during books 1/2/3 ( Reek / Arya ).

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah but at some point wouldn't you or your publisher just have like 6 people ghostwrite the next book, choose the best one and pay them all a million dollars to shut up about it?

They aren't even allowed to edit his work, much less ghost write it. His pride is waaaay too big for that, and his expenses too small. If they get lucky he will get addicted to pain pills or furry tranny hookers or something that burns through his cash vault, and forces him to either write or let his books be written for him.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

kcroy posted:

If they get lucky he will get addicted to pain pills or furry tranny hookers or something that burns through his cash vault, and forces him to either write or let his books be written for him.

You long suffering fans should sue him for emotional damages or some bullshit like that. It would likely have to be a class action so no one would profit much individually but it might get him off the couch and on to the....other couch nearer the electric typewriter.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kcroy posted:

They aren't even allowed to edit his work, much less ghost write it. His pride is waaaay too big for that, and his expenses too small. If they get lucky he will get addicted to pain pills or furry tranny hookers or something that burns through his cash vault, and forces him to either write or let his books be written for him.

Well that's my point, this goon is saying he identifies with GRRM because he would also break under the pressure...but the problem isn't that he's folded, it's that he hasn't, puts out half-books that are barely even that, whines about the pressure he's put himself under, and is verifiably not writing (unless his writing routine has majorly changed recently).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ShaqDiesel posted:

You long suffering fans should sue him for emotional damages or some bullshit like that. It would likely have to be a class action so no one would profit much individually but it might get him off the couch and on to the....other couch nearer the electric typewriter.

If it weren't for the TV show, GRRM would be pretty irrelevant by now.
Both Feast and Dance are full of irrelevant chapters, where especially Dance should have killed any remaining hype surrounding GRRM.
I don't count myself as a fan of GRRM or ASOIAF, but I have been on this train for 14 years and I am only staying for the inevitable train crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If I was waiting in real time for AFFC and ADWD I probably would have quit. I really want to. As is, I'm looking forward more to this threads reaction more than the mythical book.