Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone have spare groot parts that they wouldn't mind parting with? I have the head from Rocket, and Arm? from Starlord already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Target got their Legends 3 packs today. I'd like to know who picked the characters to go in it because I have no need of a Radioactive Man, I have a Cap like that and Ms Marvel should've been Captain Marvel.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I pulled the trigger on that 3-pack today and found a Ms. Marvel with IMMACULATE paint for anyone that needs it. No idea if you, or Aphrodite, or someone else technically had first dibs though, so maybe you guys can slapfight it out and someone can PM me?

edit: I'd also trade her for Beta Ray Bill or a Skrull I guess if that matters.

If he passes on it I'll take it. I'm gonna swing by a Target tonight and see what they have but I'm not very hopeful

FYI Amazon has some in stock, but pricier than Target http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Infin...=marvel+legends

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well like I said, mine is stocked. They had 8 of them on an endcap. I can swing over and grab some if you guys want but you gots to have cash ready.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Yeah these seem to be hitting pretty heavy so I wouldn't stress about them.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
Yeah, I already have a Cap that I like and don't care about Radioactive Man or whatever. How much would you want for one shipped to 98006?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

GeauxSteve posted:

Yeah, I already have a Cap that I like and don't care about Radioactive Man or whatever. How much would you want for one shipped to 98006?

Email me (frictiony at yahoo) or PM me. If anyone feels like they had first-er dibs I'm going to wait 24 hours to hear from you, then it goes to GeauxSteve.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GeauxSteve posted:

I'm pretty sure it'd fit in a medium flat rate box but I'm not 100% on that. Would out of package be fine? They run $50 + tax + ??? shipping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I pulled the trigger on that 3-pack today and found a Ms. Marvel with IMMACULATE paint for anyone that needs it. No idea if you, or Aphrodite, or someone else technically had first dibs though, so maybe you guys can slapfight it out and someone can PM me?

edit: I'd also trade her for Beta Ray Bill or a Skrull I guess if that matters.

GeauxSteve posted:

If he passes on it I'll take it. I'm gonna swing by a Target tonight and see what they have but I'm not very hopeful

FYI Amazon has some in stock, but pricier than Target http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Infin...=marvel+legends

Yeah, I'm still interested. I'm not looking for the other two even if it ends up being an easy set to find.

I'll send a PM in a bit.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure it'd fit in a medium flat rate box but I'm not 100% on that. Would out of package be fine? They run $50 + tax + ??? shipping.

Email me (frictiony at yahoo) or PM me. If anyone feels like they had first-er dibs I'm going to wait 24 hours to hear from you, then it goes to GeauxSteve.

Out of package would be totally fine. I'm thinking like, 22 bucks shipped? Something like that?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have a extra of Annihulus' Build a Figure parts? I was digging up my old figures and remember I got his head, torso, and left wing.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Been collecting Marvel Select figs for a while and I have a Venom Select Reissue pre-order since September that's been waiting for two months (pre-order date said October, then November). Any ideas on why BigBadToyStore is giving me this long of a wait?

PS - I'm new at pre-orders

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Zorglorfian posted:

Been collecting Marvel Select figs for a while and I have a Venom Select Reissue pre-order since September that's been waiting for two months (pre-order date said October, then November). Any ideas on why BigBadToyStore is giving me this long of a wait?

BBTS is weird like that, they give you an estimated month and sometimes it can be one or even two months later when it comes in. Yet I've had times when something says October then suddenly in September I get an email that it's in my Pile of Loot.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Zorglorfian posted:

I read on one of the Facebook figure groups I'm a member of (can't remember which one, Action Figure Groupies maybe?) that all the Select stuff due to be released in the fall was delayed until the end of November, like the Venom reissue, the Watcher reissue, etc. Diamond Select plays pretty fast and loose with their release dates. I'm thinking that the either right before or right after Thanksgiving they will ship. That's why BBTS gives such vague release dates on their preorders. It's kind of annoying when you're like me and you're dying for the Venom figure now, but if you just make sure you have the money available in your account / card, you'll be ready for when it arrives at BBTS. They ship really fast, pretty much the same day it arrives at their warehouse. I live in MN, they're located in Wisconsin, so I usually get my orders within two days, sometimes one day. BBTS is pretty cool and definitely worth supporting, even if they are kind of ripping people off with the Disney Store Marvel Select exclusives. Just buy those exclusives at the Disney Store website if you don't have a location close to you.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I have a decision to make. I have 2 different chest emblems to choose from. The top one is a lighter yellow, closer to the belt, in milled plastic. It has a lower profile, so the bat emblem doesn't cast much of a shadow onto the yellow areas from angles, but the viewing angles overall are better. It's crisper and looks more precise.

The lower one is thicker, casts some interesting shadows onto the yellow base, but the higher profile means at an angle the bat area tends to not be as distinct from the frame. The yellow is darker and contrasts more with the belt, which means this decision should be easy, BUT, this one is all metal and has a nice heavy feel to it, and is a little reflective whereas the plastic emblem is matte. For accuracy, the movie costume emblem had softer edges and a glossiness like this (in most scenes. I believe the vault suiting up scene had a different, matte emblem).

I'm planning to use one of these emblems in a simple display involving the belt and speargun. I just can't decide.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Use them both! Put the smaller one in the middle of the belt, assuming it's going to be facing the way it is in your picture. And use the larger one to display outside of it to complete the display. If that makes sense.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gregday posted:

I have a decision to make. I have 2 different chest emblems to choose from. The top one is a lighter yellow, closer to the belt, in milled plastic. It has a lower profile, so the bat emblem doesn't cast much of a shadow onto the yellow areas from angles, but the viewing angles overall are better. It's crisper and looks more precise.

The lower one is thicker, casts some interesting shadows onto the yellow base, but the higher profile means at an angle the bat area tends to not be as distinct from the frame. The yellow is darker and contrasts more with the belt, which means this decision should be easy, BUT, this one is all metal and has a nice heavy feel to it, and is a little reflective whereas the plastic emblem is matte. For accuracy, the movie costume emblem had softer edges and a glossiness like this (in most scenes. I believe the vault suiting up scene had a different, matte emblem).

I'm planning to use one of these emblems in a simple display involving the belt and speargun. I just can't decide.

I never understood how in the 89 Batman they could have gotten the Bat insignia wrong.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I found a 16" Purple Sentinel at a thrift store yesterday for $10. I assume this is a good deal? I'm not really into xmen, but sentinels are pretty cool.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea. Hell, I'd pick it up at that price just to have my Galactus have someone to pose with besides his Mighty Mugg.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vaporware posted:

I found a 16" Purple Sentinel at a thrift store yesterday for $10. I assume this is a good deal? I'm not really into xmen, but sentinels are pretty cool.

Which one, the Legends BAF one? If so, that's a steal.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I never understood how in the 89 Batman they could have gotten the Bat insignia wrong.

Especially when the movie poster and all marketing got the symbol right.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Louisgod posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Univ...=p2047675.l2557

I'm guessing he is talking about this one? Which, still, is also a steal. I bought a few for around 25 each and thought that was a good deal.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The Fwoosh has carded pictures of the upcoming Marvel Legends wave with BAF Odin and/or King Thor.

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/11/hasbro-avengers-legends-infinite-carded-images

Unfortunately, it looks like people will have to buy two Hawkeyes, Thors, and Iron Fists if they want to build both Odin and King Thor.

Even though I would have greatly preferred a green and yellow (or green and gold) Iron Fist, I'll throw it out there that he's the only figure I want from this wave, so I'll be more than happy to buy it loose from someone or sell the BAF leg if I find it first (which I never do).

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Louisgod posted:

I wish, No, it was the one bushifox linked to. Money's tight lately so I spent a while thinking about it even at $10.

They had a big hulk too, I suspected some kid's collection got cleaned out.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

I think the scarlet witch and hawkeye both look pretty good. But, how the heck are we getting a machine man before darkhawk? Or, any number of other characters. And is Sentry still around? Do we really need another Sentry?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Vaporware posted:

I wish, No, it was the one bushifox linked to. Money's tight lately so I spent a while thinking about it even at $10.

They had a big hulk too, I suspected some kid's collection got cleaned out.

As evidenced by the link I posted, you could always flip it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Bushifox posted:

I think the scarlet witch and hawkeye both look pretty good. But, how the heck are we getting a machine man before darkhawk? Or, any number of other characters. And is Sentry still around? Do we really need another Sentry?

That Sentry, Hawkeye, and Iron Fist were sculpted and shown a long time ago, but Hasbro wasn't able to fit them into any waves or even confirm they would be released until now.

I'm still disappointed the "modern" Hawkeye looks like such a musclebound goon, and nothing at all like David Aja's Hawkeye. As much as I love the character from that run (and Bendis' New Avengers stuff too), I couldn't bring myself to buy that figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, I can't believe they are going with the classic machine man instead of the Nextwave look with the trenchcoat and hair and a head that doesn't resemble a buttplug.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Vaporware posted:

It's a big, great looking, fun figure. You should buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I really hope Diamond continues to carry the ML line since it makes it super easy for me to find everything I want.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That BAF looks really elaborate compared to the others.

Also hurray Captain Marvel.

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.
After a lengthy internal debate, I finally pulled the trigger on the SH Monsterarts Alien from the original movie. From all the reviews I read of it, I knew the head/face was going to look a little goofy, but I was actually very surprised at just how doofy-looking the alien turned out.

I have seen pictures of people on the internet that colored their alien's head in with black sharpie, and it actually looked a whole lot better. I was wondering if anyone on here had tried a similar improvement but with a little more advanced technique.

The rest of the figure is even better than I would have expected, so I'm worried about making the guy look worse, but something's got to be done about Big Chap's big soulful puppy-dog eyes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No, you should actually paint the dome instead. The dome should be white and foggy, obscuring the skull. Perhaps find a way to frost it? Or add a light coat of white paint?

Also, paint the underside, not the topside.

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.

CelticPredator posted:

Also, paint the underside, not the topside.

That's a very good idea.

Multiple thin layers of standard model paint to the interior should produce a somewhat translucent effect while leaving the surface glossy, I'm thinking.

I'll give that a shot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The Fwoosh has carded pictures of the upcoming Marvel Legends wave with BAF Odin and/or King Thor.

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/11/hasbro-avengers-legends-infinite-carded-images

Unfortunately, it looks like people will have to buy two Hawkeyes, Thors, and Iron Fists if they want to build both Odin and King Thor.

Even though I would have greatly preferred a green and yellow (or green and gold) Iron Fist, I'll throw it out there that he's the only figure I want from this wave, so I'll be more than happy to buy it loose from someone or sell the BAF leg if I find it first (which I never do).

Aren't there swap figures for the BAF pieces that overlap like the body that comes with Hawkeye? Pretty sure that's the case here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Duplicate posted:

That's a very good idea.

Multiple thin layers of standard model paint to the interior should produce a somewhat translucent effect while leaving the surface glossy, I'm thinking.

I'll give that a shot.

Yeah, it should work. I did it once with a McFarlane Alien, but hosed up because I painted the TOP of the head, rather than the underside. :doh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you have a few bucks to spare, you can always go with the krylon frosted glass spray paint.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Aren't there swap figures for the BAF pieces that overlap like the body that comes with Hawkeye? Pretty sure that's the case here.

They normally announce those in advance, with the rest of the wave, but haven't mentioned any for this wave. I believe this whole wave is going to be included in a case, possibly with Thor, Hawkeye, and Iron Fist packed two per case, to give people the chance to build both BAFs (if they don't mind ending up with doubles).

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I just want Machine Man from this wave, so...if anyone wants a pair of big beefy arms, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I haven't really bought figures in a long time, but I never knew Hasbro finally made a Sarlacc Pit...and it part of a expensive Target exclusive. Any idea if anyone ever sells it separate from the rest of the set?