Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Candy Dawn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhprCs6q2A

Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2 PV. Oh my god I cannot wait to see Akura-ou animated! <3

Sky of Snow translation's FB page has their WIP translations up in the gallery. They're currently translating chapter 119.

That reminds me I never actually finished the first season. I have a bad habit of holding the last episode or two when I'm not ready for a show to be over :v: Really love this series though and I'm glad it's getting another season.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

Everything Burrito posted:

That reminds me I never actually finished the first season. I have a bad habit of holding the last episode or two when I'm not ready for a show to be over :v: Really love this series though and I'm glad it's getting another season.

I'm surprised it's getting a second season. The last arc of the anime is different than in the manga. I always figured they changed it so the anime would have some kind of resolution because they weren't going to make anymore. Fortunately I was wrong!

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Candy Dawn posted:

I'm surprised it's getting a second season. The last arc of the anime is different than in the manga. I always figured they changed it so the anime would have some kind of resolution because they weren't going to make anymore. Fortunately I was wrong!

You're probably mostly right - I'm sure they didn't plan to get a second season, and they obviously cared enough to actually put some genuine effort into it. Just stopping on just another mini-plot that doesn't really accomplish anything sucks (See: Sasameki Koto, :argh:). I think they really handled it well here, and I expect them to do the work necessary to smoothly transition into the second season despite differences in the manga.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Good news everybody. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-03/viz-shojo-beat-adds-hiro-fujiwara-maid-sama-maki-minami-komomo-confiserie-manga/.80629

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I like Komomo less than Seiyu-ka and Special A but I'm still happy about this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New chapter of Between Rough and Smooth. Cute, but comes out far too infrequently for such short chapters. :(

Also, if anyone hasn't heard, My Love Story! is getting an anime. :woop:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
loving YES

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone reading the Chihayafuru manga? Because you should, it's amazing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really, really loving love the anime. But no, I'm holding out for a season 3. Which is rare, I usually almost always prefer reading a manga version to watching an anime of it, but I've never even looked at a single page of Chihayafuru.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
There's no guarantee there'll be a third season, the manga's art is fantastic and the most recent arcs/developments are the some of the best in the entire story! More importantly if there is a third two-cour season it'll probably end at the most recent chapter's cliffhanger which is a fate worse than death.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If there's no announcement of a third season in like, 1-2 years, then I'll probably break down and read it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Terper posted:

If there's no announcement of a third season in like, 1-2 years, then I'll probably break down and read it.

I'm holding out too, but my will is slipping the more time goes by. We'll see I guess.

Fragments of Love's final* three chapters came out recently, I don't think the ending was as strong as I had hoped, especially since it came out so infrequently. Pretty solid over all though.

*I think, basing that on it being labeled "last piece"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Anyone reading the Chihayafuru manga? Because you should, it's amazing.

I tried because I like board and card games. Um, I even like traditional JP poetry but the series never felt memorable to me. IIRC the potential love interest was somewhat disappointing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

I'm holding out too, but my will is slipping the more time goes by. We'll see I guess.

Fragments of Love's final* three chapters came out recently, I don't think the ending was as strong as I had hoped, especially since it came out so infrequently. Pretty solid over all though.

*I think, basing that on it being labeled "last piece"

Yeah, that was a pretty wishy-washy ending.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Alder posted:

I tried because I like board and card games. Um, I even like traditional JP poetry but the series never felt memorable to me. IIRC the potential love interest was somewhat disappointing.

Honestly, it's more of a sports than romance manga. I like it though because of the super shoujo take on the genre. But, yeah, if that's not your thing you probably won't like it that much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I generally hate sports and sports anime but I love Chihayafuru. Though I tend to see it more as a shounen battle manga with card games instead of fights. :v:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

You guys made me cave in and start reading Chihayafuru. So happy I did!

On another note, is anyone else hate watching Wolf Girl & Black Prince? Because gently caress that gross bullshit. I keep hoping she'll leave, but I know it'll never happen.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
If a shojo makes me feel like the heroine needs to call the police, I stop reading the comic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gnossiennes posted:

You guys made me cave in and start reading Chihayafuru. So happy I did!

On another note, is anyone else hate watching Wolf Girl & Black Prince? Because gently caress that gross bullshit. I keep hoping she'll leave, but I know it'll never happen.

NO, I made it through half an episode of that poo poo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty wishy-washy ending.

It's weird because I feel like I should like it since it defied a lot of my expectations about who would end up together but drat, I'm just not feeling it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would have rather had it end the way I expected, it seemed a little forced the way it wound up. I'd like to see a follow up or at least a bonus chapter wherein the protagonist actually winds up with someone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Honestly, it's more of a sports than romance manga. I like it though because of the super shoujo take on the genre. But, yeah, if that's not your thing you probably won't like it that much.

That explains a lot as I'm similarly bored w/sports manga series too. This may or may not be related to how terribly I did in HS gym classes.

Gnossiennes posted:

On another note, is anyone else hate watching Wolf Girl & Black Prince? Because gently caress that gross bullshit.

I watched 1-2 episodes before realizing you know I have a lot of OTHER cool anime series I could be following this season too. It'd be a fine one-shot but as a series it's too weak for the long run.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sakurazuka posted:

NO, I made it through half an episode of that poo poo.

Oh good, so that wasn't just me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

It's weird because I feel like I should like it since it defied a lot of my expectations about who would end up together but drat, I'm just not feeling it.

Gonna be honest nobody ends up with anyone is the complete opposite of what I want in a romance story.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna be honest nobody ends up with anyone is the complete opposite of what I want in a romance story.

To be honest, Jin's almost more of a drama than romance mangaka.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kaja Rainbow posted:

To be honest, Jin's almost more of a drama than romance mangaka.

The last chapter of Game got put up recently too, and that's more romance than drama. I think it was an early work by her, it feels pretty early work-ey.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blhue posted:

The last chapter of Game got put up recently too, and that's more romance than drama. I think it was an early work by her, it feels pretty early work-ey.

I'll agree with that. In general I think her work has a lot of flaws (frequently getting too melodramatic, literally everyone is gay, a lot of sameface, etc), but still ends up being probably my favorite girls-kissing manga writer/artist, I think largely because she gets a ton of mileage out of how she draws eyes. It's the expressiveness of the eyes that is really what gets me.

Edit: She also seems to have more than a little bit of a thing for boobs, considering how frequently they're pointed out.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 10, 2014

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

chumbler posted:

Edit: She also seems to have more than a little bit of a thing for boobs, considering how frequently they're pointed out.

Not to mention I can't think of a small-breasted Jin character. She tends to draw them large.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

chumbler posted:

I'll agree with that. In general I think her work has a lot of flaws (frequently getting too melodramatic, literally everyone is gay, a lot of sameface, etc), but still ends up being probably my favorite girls-kissing manga writer/artist, I think largely because she gets a ton of mileage out of how she draws eyes. It's the expressiveness of the eyes that is really what gets me.

IDK yuri could be posted here and I read the one shot. I did find it funny how no one ever made much of a comment about everyone being gay by coincidence at a all girl's school.

The manga-ka I've read for similar stories but older cast would be Amano Shuninta. It's rare to read BL/GL which doesn't feel creepy for one way or another.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
In non-yuri news, here's more Hajiotsu.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And going kind of back to it, I recently discovered a fairly heartwarming series called Miss Sunflower about a bookstore owner befriending one of her High School girl customers. I don't think it's really going to go too seriously down the romance path (it seems to be more about the bonds she makes with everyone in the neighborhood), but the tone definitely fits more in here than say the Seinen/Shounen threads. Anyway it has pretty nice art and has a pretty relaxed/chill sort of atmosphere.

Had to post the scanlator's actual reader because they seem to be one of those groups that gets pissy about other sites hosting them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else hate it when the Main Guy/Love interest is a jerk to the MC for 60% of their interactions and they still get together at the end :newlol:?

I'd been reading one of the old shoujo series which got picked up after um, 1-3 years? And I read the raws after and now IDK if I want to read it to the end anymore in ENG. It got better then I'm guess it was axed because all sudden the MC does some extremely bizarre actions in the last 1-3 chapters.

Oh well, I'll just stick to josei then.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Alder posted:

Anyone else hate it when the Main Guy/Love interest is a jerk to the MC for 60% of their interactions and they still get together at the end :newlol:?

Pretty much the only instance of this I like is the rare one where it addresses this and has the love interest face their own issues and experience character growth... and it's actually well-executed.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Pretty much the only instance of this I like is the rare one where it addresses this and has the love interest face their own issues and experience character growth... and it's actually well-executed.
Can you provide examples of this?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Chas McGill posted:

My Little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun comes off the top of my head. Actually, both the heroine and hero have their own issues and it's an interesting ride watching both of them grow.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

Paradise Kiss is a good starter manga where the MC grows up through her relationships w/her friends and DOESN'T end up the Main Guy because they both have different career paths in life. .

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kaja Rainbow posted:

My Little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun comes off the top of my head. Actually, both the heroine and hero have their own issues and it's an interesting ride watching both of them grow.

imo the hero was a dick the whole way through and blondie was way better

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Davincie posted:

imo the hero was a dick the whole way through and blondie was way better

IIRC, he got better after HS. Yeah, I agree canon relationships are kinda disappointing but manga :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alder posted:

IIRC, he got better after HS. Yeah, I agree canon relationships are kinda disappointing but manga :v:

That's an interesting one - can you think of any shows/comics where the primary canon relationship was the best/most entertaining one available?