Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Kellanved posted:

Anyone have links to those A Song of Ice and Wire sections? Or the Clegane P.I. ones?

One page back.

Edit: Two now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I only really wrote the one Clegane PI, which was even immortalized with an audio reading by some goon. I had started a second story, but never finished it. I've always meant to go back...

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I had started a second story, but never finished it. I've always meant to go back...
The gurm is strong in this one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What did I ever do to you?! :qq:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

I only really wrote the one Clegane PI, which was even immortalized with an audio reading by some goon. I had started a second story, but never finished it. I've always meant to go back...

If anyone ever feels like doing a radio play/drama like THE SHADOW or something with that lemme know. I could handle production but don't love voice acting.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Poor wording. I was laughing at the casuals who were saying that "oh of COURSE the fans must be entitled" and hypothesizing all sorts of weird demands that fans have been wanting from GRRM for years like bullet-pointed lists of his rough drafts or similar stupid poo poo, and had to defend my position. I did a decent job all told but without backup it really wasn't worth staying in that sandbox for long, still once the accusers started to move the goalposts or twist my words into something that conveniently validated their original assumptions I knew I had made my point.

Pretty much what I said. He may not owe the fans poo poo but on the exact same note they're free to call him out for being a piece of poo poo.

The whole "not your bitch" argument was garbage from the get-go. To even consider it semi valid you have to ignore the "meanwhile, back at the wall" postscript at the end of AFFC, where GRRM himself basically says: "I owe you the rest of this incomplete book, most of it's already written and will be out next year" and he hasn't even been able to deliver on that one almost a decade later

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

The gurm is strong in this one.

Blade_of_tyshalle is not your bitch.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I will be if you pay me.

Let me open a Patreon account...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is Gurm dead yet.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Is Gurm dead yet.

Now there's a website...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Aenys the heinous

Aenys the meanest

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You just loving know that GRRM is gonna be a real rear end in a top hat and die on an April 1st so the internet doesn't know what to believe for about a week.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gurm died years ago. All the "interviews" since then have just been gases escaping from his folds.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Lord of Pie posted:

gurm died years ago.
On board with this. When needed, his encyclopedia collaborators slide into their GURM meatsuit and do a most authentic cosplay.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

AtAt-de-fay posted:

On board with this. When needed, his encyclopedia collaborators slide into their GURM meatsuit and do a most authentic cosplay.

This checks out.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
When needed, his encyclopedia collaborators slide into the stuffed remains of GURMs carcass and do a most authentic cosplay.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

At the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia (totally :krad: and anyone in the area should go once they're sick of sucking Ben Franklin's dick in the historic district) they have a colon on display whose proportions can only be described as "GRRMian."

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Like piloting the meatships of yore

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Proof that this series can still have positive contributions to society: :3:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

is it out yet

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smiling Jack posted:

is it out yet
yup

WAIT EVEN BETTER loving TUF VOAYING SIGNED MOITHER FUCKERSHJS

quote:

slipcased limited edition for $120.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/390015.html

kcroy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 17, 2014

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
When did The Skipper usurp Gilligan in Grrm's heart & on his head?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When GRRM was marooned upon a savage island (the sandbar at Club Med) and was forced to eat the Skipper to stay alive. he keeps the hat in memorial.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

savinhill posted:

I'm more concerned with the ascot with no shirt. I know it was the 70's but yikes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

When I'm a famous author, I will wear garishly coloured poo poo at all times for a decade straight so that my retrospective webpage will be a horrorshow of idiotic clothing.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

When I'm a famous author, I will wear garishly coloured poo poo at all times for a decade straight so that my retrospective webpage will be a horrorshow of idiotic clothing.

ShaqDiesel posted:

I'm more concerned with the ascot with no shirt. I know it was the 70's but yikes.

mind the walrus posted:

When GRRM was marooned upon a savage island (the sandbar at Club Med) and was forced to eat the Skipper to stay alive. he keeps the hat in memorial.

savinhill posted:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Por que no los dos?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

S'nodgrass.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The American Tolkien

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Someone with photoshop skills should turn this into a negative and slowly zoom in on that soul destroying gaze and overlay Hitler speeches and whining Messerschmitts (or just the audio from ADWD about Daenarys making GBS threads in a field).

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
ahaha I just skimmed the tv thread, I hope this is real, all the characters should just randomly get in big melees with each other all the time:

Watchers on the Wall posted:

There have been rumors for several months now that Jaime’s storyline will diverge significantly from A Song of Ice and Fire for season 5. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Jerome Flynn filmed on Portstewart Strand, Northern Ireland for several days with characters in Dornish clothing, confirming the men would be headed for the southernmost region of Westeros.

More details of a major new scene are emerging now, according to Los Siete Reinos‘s sources in Spain. Los Siete Reinos reports that in this scene Jaime and Bronn arrive in Dorne to find Myrcella and Prince Trystane kissing. Myrcella is surprised to see her “uncle” Jaime, and Trystane offers his hand in greeting to Jaime, who offers him his left hand instead.

Heated words are then exchanged between Jaime and Trystane, and the younger man tries to draw his sword. Bronn knocks the prince unconscious. After this, the three Sand Snakes enter. A fight between the group ensues, until Areo Hotah shows up and orders everyone to put their weapons down.

This information is credible since there have been unconfirmed rumors of a Jaime/Snakes skirmish for a while now, and then a few days ago, a video of Nikolaj rehearsing a fight turned up.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Holy poo poo, I cannot wait to read the novelization of that.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
The next season is going to be a disaster.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Damo posted:

The next season is going to be a disaster.

Wait till the one after that.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ahaha I just skimmed the tv thread, I hope this is real, all the characters should just randomly get in big melees with each other all the time:

That sounds bretty cool. I like the idea of Jaime going to Dorne instead of his random gently caress all journey to the riverlands. Nice to see Bronn included, since he is pretty awesomesaucem.

also: Jaime vs Darkstar??>?>?@!@@@@222????

Elman posted:

Wait till the one after that.

I think once he falls behind the show, we are going to see some of the best writing of GRRMs career. Sadly it will be him recording his self-implosion on his Live Journal. It will take a while - we will see a moratorium on discussing the HBO show. But he won't be able to ignore it forever. There will be the snide comment, the one-upsmanship ( "I've still got the REAL story" ). And eventually real anger. Blame and accusations of betrayal. The rushed release of a sub standard poorly edited book. Poor reviews. Then the Rage. Joking about actually burning his notes, and other passive agressive tricks. The turning of the tide against the GRRM. The final urine soaked poo poo-dick days in the hospital. And then his death. The joyous freeing of the hostages. The reflections of the survivors. and the inevitable rebirth as a new author is chosen to finish the Novelization of the HBO series.

Dark days ahead. Dark days shot through with the gleaming silver of retribution and righteousness.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 18, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

kcroy posted:

That sounds bretty cool. I like the idea of Jaime going to Dorne instead of his random gently caress all journey to the riverlands. Nice to see Bronn included, since he is pretty awesomesaucem.

also: Jaime vs Darkstar??>?>?@!@@@@222????

Jaime and Bronn, buddy cops going to Dorne sounds fine, but a literal brawl involving sand snakes and areo hotah and trystane for some reason is pretty weird.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hell yeah, here's the set story we all really wanted:

http://www.avclub.com/article/ser-pounce-was-quite-diva-game-thrones-set-apparen-211974

quote:

Ser Pounce was quite the diva on the Game Of Thrones set, apparently

Finally, some showbiz gossip worth repeating as Game Of Thrones actress Natalie Dormer reveals that Tommen’s pet cat Ser Pounce, far from the lovable True King Of Westerosi Hearts that he appeared to be on screen, was actually a huge pain in the rear end on set. Specifically, Dormer responded to a question about the royal feline during her Reddit AMA, where she said that the cat “was a bit of a diva that day, he didn’t want to stay on the bed, he was very difficult to work with.” Dormer did not elaborate, but the cat’s diva behavior presumably included eating catnip between takes, demanding treats before he would come out of his trailer, and being incapable of taking direction because he is a cat. This sheds new light on the elimination of Ser Pounce after just one appearance on the HBO program, which was previously attributed to the cruel and capricious nature of the Game Of Thrones universe but may have actually been a consequence of the feline actor’s lack of professionalism.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sounds like the perfect scenario to bring in Yuen Wo Ping and wire-fu this show to hell and back. Jaime and Bronn leaping three stories in the air to clash with Sand Snakes perched on the sides of trees? Hell yes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I do still want to see Bronn rise up the ranks of house retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sounds like the perfect scenario to bring in Yuen Wo Ping and wire-fu this show to hell and back. Jaime and Bronn leaping three stories in the air to clash with Sand Snakes perched on the sides of trees? Hell yes.

I want Jaime to discover magical powers and shoot lightning out of his golden stump.