Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Rodyle posted:

Cu and Kojirou are the prettiest boy Servants, Caster leads the ladies, discuss.

Fanservice!

In all honesty though, do they use hair spray or something? I wasn't aware that they had hair spray in 600 +/- B. C.

And more importantly, why is Kojirou's hair purple. I can understand Caster, since she's foreign, but Kojirou?

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an anime and they are all characters who have basically become glorified superheroes in their legends. They can have any haircolor they want, Gil is blonde, for fucks sake.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Variant_Eris posted:

Fanservice!

In all honesty though, do they use hair spray or something? I wasn't aware that they had hair spray in 600 +/- B. C.

And more importantly, why is Kojirou's hair purple. I can understand Caster, since she's foreign, but Kojirou?
This is a good question, I'm just gonna go and post it in literally every thread on this subforum

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Variant_Eris posted:

Fanservice!

It's anime dipshit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Variant_Eris posted:

I don't understand the question. Everyone knows foreigners are blonde and pale-skinned, like Gilgamesh.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And red eyes because foreigners are the devil.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Variant_Eris posted:

Fanservice!

It's just drawn that way. It's supposed to "really" be some other color.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Purple and blue hair in anime = various shades of black

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Because not enough different hair color is what lead to people confusing caster with rider.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Just look at Goodbye Mr. Despair! where everyone has the same shade of black/brown and I can't tell half of them apart.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's not what I recall, the house is certainly his, otherwise he'd be paying rent.

Taiga's family lets him live there for free because he takes care of the place and because they were tight with Kiritsugu, if I remember correctly.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Taiga's family lets him live there for free because he takes care of the place and because they were tight with Kiritsugu, if I remember correctly.

Taiga is more or less Shirou's guardian, legally.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Talky Episodes are best episodes, I wish that feeling of standing in the middle of a slight snow fall would last forever sometimes.

:(

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, I think that this was the best talky episode from the beginning of the series. I really liked the atmosphere and the character interaction here.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's not even "more or less". It's flat-out stated in the visual novel that she's his legal guardian.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 20, 2014

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Shirou: "Let your ideals drag you to your death" what does that mean?
Archer: Have you ever played Knights of the Old Republic 2?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
a gif of the face Rin makes at Shirou at his doorstep would own.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Blhue posted:

a gif of the face Rin makes at Shirou at his doorstep would own.

Someone already made it, here you go:

Here's some more I found online:

Taiga trolling is hilarious.

Also tsun overload in this episode, plus hints being dropped everywhere.

Next episode is a double length episode, and based off the the preview, it looks like we're going to get the rooftop scene. Good place to end it for the cour, I would think.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I meant the one a few seconds later, but that one's good too.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Someone already made it, here you go:

That scene killed me. "Nnnope, I did not just see Tohsaka outside of my door".

Also, a quick reminder that we have a spoiler thread .

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Aumanor posted:

Also, a quick reminder that we have a spoiler thread .

Yeah, I know. I'm posting in it after all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Shirou: "Let your ideals drag you to your death" what does that mean?
Archer: Have you ever played Knights of the Old Republic 2?
just wanted to give this post a shoutout

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

just wanted to give this post a shoutout
I would like to know what happened in Old Republic 2.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Grouchio posted:

I would like to know what happened in Old Republic 2.

http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Enjoy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

To be honest, I don't understand why they try to hide it (badly) by not using casual names with each other. Why can't she just say "he's like my little brother" and be done with it?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 21, 2014

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

More gifs:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Issei and Rin fighting for custody rights of Shiro.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, I still have the same complaints I (and other people) have voiced throughout this thread about this show, but I think I actually do like Rin as a character. While it's easy to see how she might be taken in the direction of a sad cliche tsundere, her appearences in this particular adaptation make her seem pretty cool; spunky without charging headfirst into danger obliviously, knowledgeable without acting to certain smug extremes (let's call thyem Kayneth levels) of being a know-it-all, and while she pretty clearly feels strongly about certain stuff, she's not close minded to the point of stupidity, either.

Hell they should've kept Saber as a dude and made the two of them the core team. Or maybe the staff just really loves Rin and that's showing in the show?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rin was equally as good in the VN too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything the staff is more biased towards Saber.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think it balances out, it was nice to see Saber just comforting Shirou on the ground after Taiga flipped out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As you might imagine given the format it was in, a lot of characters in FSN have varying levels of importance in the story depending upon what route you pick. One of the smartest decisions Nasu ever made was to make Rin more or less equally relevant in all versions of the story. Shirou's goofiness and naivety would be far less endearing without someone like her as a foil.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nate RFB posted:

As you might imagine given the format it was in, a lot of characters in FSN have varying levels of importance in the story depending upon what route you pick. One of the smartest decisions Nasu ever made was to make Rin more or less equally relevant in all versions of the story. Shirou's goofiness and naivety would be far less endearing without someone like her as a foil.
Rin is just about a co-protagonist.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

To be honest, I don't understand why they try to hide it (badly) by not using casual names with each other. Why can't she just say "he's like my little brother" and be done with it?

Well, she calls him "Shirou" without honorifics and he calls her "big sister Fuji" (she hates her name "Taiga"), so they are using casual names with each other

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Well, she calls him "Shirou" without honorifics and he calls her "big sister Fuji" (she hates her name "Taiga"), so they are using casual names with each other

But they "correct" themselves when Rin's around (to "Emiya-kun" and "Fujimura-sensei"). Like they're trying to hide it or something.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Note that Taiga switches to using Emiya-kun when she's trying to position herself as a proper authority figure, and I think Shirou corrects himself on "Fuji-nee" when talking to Rin about her because Rin shouldn't call her that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clarste posted:

But they "correct" themselves when Rin's around (to "Emiya-kun" and "Fujimura-sensei"). Like they're trying to hide it or something.

They're not hiding it, they're being proper in front of esteemed company.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Where'd Lancer go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Cromlech posted:

Where'd Lancer go?

• Locked thread