Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PG unicorn arrived, now to wait for LEDs to come in stock and then not build it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

I'm going to paint one with my own livery (flat black, metal red and gloss teal).

Please tell me how you do the teal. I'd kill to do another Qubeley Papillon in a metallic teal as the base.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Is the MG Gouf 2.0 as good as the MG RX-78-2 2.0?

I know they were released around the same time, and the RX 2.0 is so solid and well-made.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know they were released around the same time, and the RX 2.0 is so solid and well-made.

You can't go wrong with Gouf 2.0. If you want it, get it.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

You can't go wrong with Gouf 2.0. If you want it, get it.

This. My roommate built the Gouf 2.0 and I'm still impressed by it. It's got an extremely solid core and great articulation. No balance problems at all and it comes with the HEAT SWORD.

If you're interested in it just buy it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

MJP posted:

Please tell me how you do the teal. I'd kill to do another Qubeley Papillon in a metallic teal as the base.

Gaianotes 101 fluorescent blue with a smidge of green, it's 104 I think; semi-gloss single coat. Conversely if you are after metallic teal, I would try mr.color GX205 with GX204 and GX208 silver in a 3:1:1 ratio.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

All the 2.0 kits are really good. They are a little old, but they don't have any big flaws.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Counterpoint: Zeta 2.0.

Miles better than Zeta 1.0, sure, but ahaha man the Zeta is not a toy-friendly design.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Counterpoint: Zeta 2.0.

Miles better than Zeta 1.0, sure, but ahaha man the Zeta is not a toy-friendly design.

2.0 has some flaws, but I still maintain it's a good kit, as good as it can be given that transformation.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 24, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Zeta 2.0 is a lot better once you super glue the transformation joints solid. :v:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ka0 posted:

Model air should be fine as it is but to be safe, I'd add some paint retarder. Vallejo sell their own brand but you can also try liquitex. If the paint dries on the way out the nozzle, there will be clogging. I toss in some thinner in between sprays just to make sure.
But honestly, model color is a thick mess. Model air on the other hand is pretty acqueous as it is. Everytime I bring up this topic on other boards some priviledged gently caress will make some cute remark on how tamiya acrylics are superior.

I'll give some retarder a go, thanks! I'm still inclined to blame the needle more than the paint, but if water is fine and super watery paint isn't then the drying on the way out could definitely be a thing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If you're painting with lacquers, mr hobby sell a "self leveling thinner", which is just basic lacquer thinner with a retarding agent on it. It's the middle of summer where I am and it has come in handy.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
My delicate body pretty much necessitates acrylics only so I'm all Model Air all the time. I might have to try taking the front of the airbrush off and removing/replacing the needle from that direction so I don't mess it up again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Zaku 2.0's only flaw is those motherfucking cables.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
My bro gave me this for Christmas:

It looks rad as hell.

I am a bit worried about the gold and silver sprues, but it looks like most of the nubs will be hidden. :)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Santa brought me this lil guy. MG MS-06R-1A Zaku II v2.0

Can't wait to build n paint this guy. Need to wait till spring before the basement warms up enough to use the airbrush tho. :(

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Literally The Worst posted:

gently caress those cables so hard

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just git a sweet job and can fully embrace the habit again. Got myself a widdle xmas present:

My greatest challenge yet.

Think I want to paint it rather than use stickers, any advice? I think prime it, airbrush the main colour and hand paint the detail?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Woke up this morning and found an HGUC V2 under the tree! My first model kit in years. I can't wait to get started on it.

Merry Christmas, Gunpla thread!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
x-2 is the best

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Santa was drat good to me this year

Merry christmas gunpla goons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sadly my Gunpla gift to myself this year is in the mail. Dammit Bandai, why did you have to put the RG Wing Zero Custom's release date on Christmas Day? :negative:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

No gunpla, but I should have enough money now to buy myself an airbrush and compressor. :toot:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I spent like this entire year buying gundam toys so I think I'm pretty good now. v:shobon:v

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Muffinlord posted:

gently caress those cables so hard

loving seriously. Less aggravating than the RG in terms of stability and not flying apart but my loving God they drat near gave me blisters pulling them down off the runner.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I got a Sazabi and a Turn X, both MGs, two Action Base 1s, and a Copic Multiliner. Guess it's time to clean my workshop table.

Edit: I was testing the Copic on some paper and it looks like ink isn't flowing. The little shaft from the nib tip to the ink is made of really flimsy material; do I have to make sure it gets in contact with the reservoir somehow?

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 25, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Literally The Worst posted:

Alright, I done the Zaku 2.0, since my sister got it for me.

The system for making the cables is cool. What's less cool is losing feeling in your thumbs after the SIXTH one.

And now I play the waiting game for my Dom Triple Pack :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Got a Unicorn from the parents, and a small army of SDs from my sister. God knows what my friends bought me, though if one of them got me the Farsia like I suspect I may love them forever.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

What's the Zaku F2000 kit like? For reference I really liked the Zaku Amazing.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
soc gaogaigar is only 230 dollars :shepicide:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

muike posted:

soc gaogaigar is only 230 dollars :shepicide:

Pretty sure you mean 320 dollars, unless you got a heck of a deal somewhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The yen is weak and its on sale.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TaurusOxford posted:

Pretty sure you mean 320 dollars, unless you got a heck of a deal somewhere.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN991023/Sci

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

drat you and your healthy not-Canadian dollar. :argh:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

drat you and your healthy not-Canadian dollar. :argh:

Turns out oil production isn't the best measure of economic health right now. :smug:

Warmachine posted:

No gunpla, but I should have enough money now to buy myself an airbrush and compressor. :toot:

This post, though, was a lie, as one of my roommates got me an HG G-Self.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Warmachine posted:

Turns out oil production isn't the best measure of economic health right now. :smug:

As someone who works in the industry, I don't need you to tell me how royally hosed we are at the moment. It's basically a guarantee at this point that i'm gonna have to go back to school at this point.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Holy gently caress I was checking ebay for prices on HG gadessas and garazzos for my ZOE kitbash and they're all in the $30+shipping and above range :psyduck:

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Luminaflare posted:

What's the Zaku F2000 kit like? For reference I really liked the Zaku Amazing.

It's a pretty solid kit. The only real issue I have with it is due to the amount of missile pods etc stuck to the sides/arms posing can be a bit challenging.

I waited until I could pick it up for $30 from a local store, ebay/amazon was 45-50 most of the time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alright, I done the Zaku 2.0, since my sister got it for me.

The system for making the cables is cool. What's less cool is losing feeling in your thumbs after the SIXTH one.

And now I play the waiting game for my Dom Triple Pack :v:

Lost the feeling in mine after the first two, quit your whining.

PG-chat: How's the GP01? I'm thinking about doing a PG this summer and it's between that one and the Strike. I like the Strike but I've already got MG Build Strike and I don't like having two of the same suit, also GP01 FB is dope as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I'm in the process of figuring out what parts I need to convert my GN Archer into a transforming Rynex from Thunder Force 4, and Im' curious if anyone knows of some kits with big booster sets and long guns I can cannibalize to make this happen. I'm already gonna be using stuff from the G-Arcane since it's arms are compatible, but is there anything else that might be useful?

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 26, 2014