Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

After a cold night and a slow-to-warm-up morning, the cam is up and running!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chickam2008

Yay, live at 20:11GMT!

and of course, there's no-one near the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
Thank you for the show today VS. Have a good week! bye :)

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Towards evening it was DoveCam, we had a whole flock in the back yard.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Sorry, due to the weather--howling winds in this case--no Chickam today. Possibly tomorrow, we'll have to wait & see.

The chickens HATE the wind and are all hiding in the coop today. Can't blame them, it's gusting to about 50 mph. That'll roll your Cochins across the yard!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Sorry, due to the weather--howling winds in this case--no Chickam today. Possibly tomorrow, we'll have to wait & see.

The chickens HATE the wind and are all hiding in the coop today. Can't blame them, it's gusting to about 50 mph. That'll roll your Cochins across the yard!

CRAZY wind here too. I had to gather up the outdoor furniture that was relocated. Such a MESS with all the leaves blown all over. I found what I think is siding or roofing materials (colors are not our house - whew). Stay safe VS!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Velvet Sparrow posted:

How much of it is your fault based on chicken glares?

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

How much of it is your fault based on chicken glares?

I don't know. I stayed in the house and they stayed in the coop. Later on this afternoon the wind died down and it started to rain. They were so damned happy for the lack of wind that they happily played in the rain.

Of course, tonight it's getting near freezing...I'm just glad it's dark and I can't see the chickenglare. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
The weather has been iffy all day. The forecast calls for clear and sunny tomorrow, so barring a change, we'll run Chickam then.

Edit: I forgot we're having a half cord of wood delivered tomorrow, so we won't be able to let the chickens out of the run until after that. After noon at some point.

12_String fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 1, 2014

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Cam is up, with pumpkin.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

12_String posted:

Cam is up, with pumpkin.
Thanks.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

YAY!

edit: Thank you for the show today VS. :)

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 3, 2014

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Cam is up. Nice day, no chance of rain or snow. Wind? Who knows?

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Cam is up. Warmed up a bit, sky clear.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

No cam this weekend due to the weather...mostly rain and howling winds. Sorry!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

ANOTHER weekend of bad weather! No cam today, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Okay. Looks like weather will be clear tomorrow 12/7. Cam will be up.

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Cam is up! Looks like fair weather all day. Chickens are actually out and about today.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

YAY :) Dang, I had a family thing earlier in the afternoon but yay there be chickens! Thank you VS and 12_String! :)

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

You're welcome! This time of year we've kinda got to sneak in Chickam when we can due to the weather!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I spent most of the time looking at a chicken butt whenever I checked in. :argh: They knew when I would be watching and colluded.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Another rainy/snowy weekend, so no cam today. If it clears tomorrow we'll try then.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Requesting pics for chickens wearing little Santa hats, please. :)

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

UGH VS! It's been raining here for 2 days straight! I am thinking your chickens are hock high in mud? Have a Happy Holiday Season! I second Inveigle, chickens with Santa hats please! :allears: oh, pretty please!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Inveigle posted:

Requesting pics for chickens wearing little Santa hats, please. :)

Ask and ye shall receive.

Bloop, doing it wrong. Mostly he just wanted to kill me.

Weedcat clearly did not find this as funny as the kid did.

Instant dignity removal. Poor Weeds.

Now, Mushroom knows how to wear a Santa hat! Downright jaunty.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Thank you Velvet Sparrow!

Mushroom is a little cutie! Weedcat is such a good sport!

How is the rooster situation working out now?

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
VS, you guys are the best :3:

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Velvet Sparrow posted:

This put the cherry on the truly awesome day I'm having! Thank you VS!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Tomorrow is Put A Hat On A Hen day. Whether they want it or not!
I cannot, however, place any chickens in my Christmas tree, I value my ornaments too much.

The roo situation is the same for now...still don't know what we'll end up doing with Cam, he persists in trying to kill his father. :( I'm hoping that the other rooboys coming into adulthood will give Cam something else to think about and take the pressure off Weeds, we'll see.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Bloop might be a little jerk...but drat! is he a beautiful roo! :)

Poor Weedcat. :D MAN!!! He is so big! He's humongous! Who could imagine that such a tiny chick could grow into a gentle giant!

Mushroom is turning out to be pretty as well! Thanks for taking the photos!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Weedcat clearly did not find this as funny as the kid did.

Superb. Weedcat is a HUGE cockerel, isn't he?

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Yeah, he is. If you notice in the pics, it starts off with the kid holding him, then 12_String has to take over. Weeds just gets too heavy for her to hold after a minute. His feet hang in a very undignified way when he's being held. :keke:

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Weedcat: :( "Why are you torturing me? What have I ever done to you???"

Please post a photo of Weeds standing next to a yard stick. I am really curious exactly how tall he is! :)

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Bloop, doing it wrong.
Bloop is :jewish: (and my favorite) Sorry Weeds (not really)

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Welp, we've reached that time of year when the daytime highs are in the mid 20's and nighttime temps are in the single digits. Can't put the cam & laptop out in that, sorry. :saddowns:

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
Warmed up a bit today and no wind for now. Cam is up!

Phaena
Sep 3, 2013
roos + santa hats = awesome
Thank for the pics!!
watching the camera right now but ustream chat isn't working for me (endless loading)
lol...just saw a group of quails waddle by...

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Phaena posted:

roos + santa hats = awesome
Thank for the pics!!
watching the camera right now but ustream chat isn't working for me (endless loading)
lol...just saw a group of quails waddle by...

Hi Phaena, try clearing the cache (if that makes any sense).

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

12_String posted:

Warmed up a bit today and no wind for now. Cam is up!

Looks like a beautiful day up there! Note the quail in the center of the frame.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

12_String carefully sets down Bloop while the new Head Hen, Linc the Barred Rock, asks to be picked up next. :3:

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Weedcat chases off another roo!

• Locked thread