Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Inaho's still a super sperg, Slaine's still super creepily obsessed by Seylum. Also Slaine's still a fuckup, lol at him failing at killing Inaho via a headshot from three feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Aldnoah S1 kind of sucked.

I also kind of liked it. A lot, actually

So yeah, bring on s2.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

Inaho's still a super sperg, Slaine's still super creepily obsessed by Seylum. Also Slaine's still a fuckup, lol at him failing at killing Inaho via a headshot from three feet away.

I'm pretty sure Slaine's slowly breaking down mentally, taking into account how his obsession with Seylum and how he approached Sazzbaum after shooting him.

I'm calling it right now, the finale will be Inaho killing Slain and saving Seylum.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I'm pretty sure Slaine's slowly breaking down mentally, taking into account how his obsession with Seylum and how he approached Sazzbaum after shooting him.

I'm calling it right now, the finale will be Inaho killing Slain and saving Seylum.

That, or Saazbaum knows Asseylum is his only leverage over Slaine, and is deliberately keeping her in that coma so she can't cause trouble. Which seems likely to backfire dramatically. We may get a Mobile Suit Gundam ending here, with Slaine as Char.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
yessssssssssss Cyborg Inaho is the best birthday present. Running through grenades to the best insert song!

The Rayleigh Scattering bit was clever--that was a surprisingly elegant way to handle that.

I'm so happy to have this show back. It's not high art, but I enjoy it a lot more than many better shows.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I'm hooked back on this show, Inaho's debut was pretty tight I gotta admit. Fuckin cybork eye!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Razzled posted:

I'm hooked back on this show, Inaho's debut was pretty tight I gotta admit. Fuckin cybork eye!

Da orange wunz go fasta.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Razzled posted:

Oh god, it just dawned one me - we are going to get a million "My vision is augmented" / "I never asked for this" jokes, right?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

pffffbt surprise, new princess out of nowhere , also Slaine having a manservant hahaha. Man, this writing. It's like coming home.

Edit: LOL *walks right into the ice, goes "oh no, our anti-ice things aren't working!!"*

Double edit: Yup, every dumb thing that was speculated to happen to keep everybody alive happened. Calling this show clever is really really funny, but lord it's still mad entertaining.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 10, 2015

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

This was everything it needed to be, for better or worse.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I also don't understand why the pilots at the beginning kept complaining about wind. In space.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I also don't understand why the pilots at the beginning kept complaining about wind. In space.

They were in the upper atmosphere. It was also mentioned when the Tharsis came in to land.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Bernardo Orel posted:

Oh god, it just dawned one me - we are going to get a million "My vision is augmented" / "I never asked for this" jokes, right?

Either way, You just opened those floodgates.

Now he just needs some retractable sword arms. And then give his robot retractable sword arms and let him control the robot arm sword with his own arms sword so he can stab martian suckers with a full range of motion (bounded by a cramped cockpit).

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah that was about the only way to continue the show without wildly changing the first seasons dynamics. I'm happy it's back! :allears:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I might not have got my eyepatch Inaho, but cyborg eye Inaho is even better.

Super solid return to the series. :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Super stoked for the return of stupidly chivalrious Vers nobles. The dude in this episode telling Inaho "good job" as he was about to machinegun him to death was a good start :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'I'll move slowly forward while freezing everything around me' is like the worst super robot power.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anime is saved

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

They put robotics in the robot-character this is the best show

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Cyborg Inaho is all I wanted out of this show. I'm expecting some prime villain moments now that Saazbaum is still alive, or at least scenes highlighting how big of a screwup Slaine's entire existence is.

:allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

'I'll move slowly forward while freezing everything around me' is like the worst super robot power.

Pretty effective, though. Even Inaho going maximum gung-ho lunatic had a tough time bringing that guy down, to the point where it was as much luck as skill.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I was kind of looking forward to how they would handle the majority of the main cast being dead but I'm happy with this anyway.
I may have cheered a little bit at the cyborg eye reveal.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Pyronic posted:

I've seen people already being confused about why Slaine could power the robutt, at some point Asseylum made Slaine her knight, which im guessing involves a kiss so it was either on purpose or when she gave him mouth to mouth. This also means Inaho could be one as well, after he resuscitated her.

Calling it now: Season 2 TIMESKIP: Slaine's lost his poo poo, got the princess, "protecting her" but she's been in a coma or something, and he's got the machine he used at the end of this episode, hiding her from the other Knights, but fighting against Terrans possibly hiding his identity, basically being a huge rear end in a top hat Char.

Inaho's still alive, but while getting treatment they find some evidence of him being able to power Aldnoah drives, from when he resuscitated Asseylum. This clues them in that she's still alive, the Terran forces make an Aldnoah powered Kataphrakt for Inaho, and the Deucalion crew are tasked with finding her to end the war.

PS Inaho's got a sweet Solid Snake eyepatch now.

Basically every one of my predictions has come true, except I was hoping for an Eyepatch not a Solid Eye.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
This is the best dumb show ever. So dumb. So best.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Did they do the loving T2 shotun reload the first season?

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

a kitten posted:

Stupidly, the biggest thing I'm bummed about (and this actually started last season) is Inko having obvious feelings for Inaho. Nana x Inko 4 lyfe :rip: I'm mostly kidding about that, but I was taken in by Shimura's drawings.

gently caress this season. :negative:

I really hope this season stops killing thousands of nameless grunts just to set up the threat. Double points if they just stand there and go "I-Imposible!"

.Clash fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 11, 2015

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
The worst thing about all this is a friend of mine called this episode perfectly. He hasnt even seen it yet, but he called it.

He predicted everything. Cyborg Inaho, the kiss transferring aldnoah, slaine becoming a creepy mr freeze caricature, saazbaum being alive, and the fight going into space for season 2.

I need to get some lotto numbers from my friend now.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The way they turned the drive on was really dumb. And remember I'm talking dumb for anime.

If it's that easy to share the Aldnoah gene I have no idea why everyone isn't just sharing blood at this point.

Between the Princess's speech, and the way they take off, I have horrible Destiny flashbacks!

nuru fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 11, 2015

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Megafunk posted:

Did they do the loving T2 shotun reload the first season?

Nope

The intentions of pretty much all the characters are insane, even by anime standards, but I'm willing to keep riding this crazy train just to see what action scene comes next.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 11, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Well everything went better than expected! :v:

and I can't help that the show is just now kinda jabbing at other anime, and even other entertainment venues.

Such as Count Saazbaum being almost straight out of Crusader Kings II.

Slaine season 1 being Lancer from Fate, In that both their lives are suffering.

Inaho now being a mix of Setsuna from Gundum 00 and Adam from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And not to forget the magic girl transformation from Sazzbaums mech last season

This could kinda turn out Like Chaika, The best table top anime from last year!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a shame they couldn't go through with it, but somehow that annoys me less than them still try to push that date joke.

Kolos
Jul 19, 2009
gently caress it, I hope this show goes apeshit like codegeas s2, including terminaho killing slayne with his manslave or whatever in ep 3 for been such a creepy downer

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Overlord K posted:

I might not have got my eyepatch Inaho, but cyborg eye Inaho is even better.

Super solid return to the series. :allears:

I can't be the only one that thought of the other fan favorite orange-kun:

They even have the cyborg eye on the same side.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That battle wasn't great, but I am so happy that we're still killing super mechs with a lovely trainer.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
So far...but I wonder if they really won't try to upgrade that trainer or move on to something else after all, now that Inaho has the blessing of Aldnoah. Inaho having a cyborg eye isn't uncool, I guess, but I continue to wish he grew a visible personality and some real flaws to go along with that. Chirico wasn't made of stone, you know, nor the other Orange either.

And yeah...I was neither impressed nor shocked by how they resolved things. Rather far-fetched and at least fairly anti-climatic, but not too surprising. People had been talking up the silly "kissing/CPR transmits magical power" theory for a while, so that was expected. Okay, maybe the sister part might count as unexpected. Also, Slaine is either being completely creepy or just a regular self-centered hypocrite, neither of which is a good thing. It's basically more of the same, with all that implies, so my position on the show is still mixed at best.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a lot more practical and a lot less stupid than both Rocket Punch Robot and Sword Robot from S1 and was pretty much only defeated because the pilot was overconfident and was pretty much caught totally pants down and slack-jawed by sick grenade heat diffusion hops. If he had started backpedaling or attempting to create space while Inaho was charging, our orange protagonist would have run out of ammo and become a popsicle.

The scale of Slaine's fuckupitude is so staggering that my biggest excitement for season 2 is seeing if he can somehow top his crowning achievement of failure in failing to kill a prone injured person with a headshot to the eye from three feet away.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 11, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

nuru posted:

Between the Princess's speech, and the way they take off, I have horrible Destiny flashbacks!

Same here. Inaho is turning into a version of Kira with somehow even less personality.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How does Vers using Asseylum as a figurehead even make any sense?

"Hey the princess whose assassination was used as a pretext for war is actually is actually alive and well and we don't have to explain why. But hey since we're already invading the Earth anyways let's keep on keeping on since those Earthlings are pricks who waste resources that they don't appreciate, unlike us guys who only drop giant reality warping robots and what are practically asteroids onto it".

EDIT: Also, how does the Aldnoah Drive even get activated? Last season they even make a big point about how you need to be conscious to activate it, and then they go ahead and activate it while Inaho is unconscious.

This loving show...

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 11, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Raxivace posted:

How does Vers using Asseylum as a figurehead even make any sense?

"Hey the princess whose assassination was used as a pretext for war is actually is actually alive and well and we don't have to explain why. But hey since we're already invading the Earth anyways let's keep on keeping on since those Earthlings are pricks who waste resources that they don't appreciate, unlike us guys who only drop giant reality warping robots and what are practically asteroids onto it".

I get the feeling that Replacement Princess is illegitimate in some way so they need to keep up the Asseylum appearance as a front instead of doing the logical thing and just having Replacement Princess go "Asseylum tried for peace and she died! Earthlings are assholes!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kanos posted:

I get the feeling that Replacement Princess is illegitimate in some way so they need to keep up the Asseylum appearance as a front instead of doing the logical thing and just having Replacement Princess go "Asseylum tried for peace and she died! Earthlings are assholes!".

That's probably the most sensible explanation that the show could give, but it still is incredibly silly.

• Locked thread