Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

WrightOfWay posted:

Also the weapon triangle has basically never been important and I don't expect that to ever change.

This is like the complete opposite of reality.

I figured the WTA down arrow was just meant to show that the archer couldn't fight back, though, not that it lost stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Momomo posted:

This is like the complete opposite of reality.

I figured the WTA down arrow was just meant to show that the archer couldn't fight back, though, not that it lost stats.

It isn't, though?

It hasn't ever really mattered outside of the early game axe rush.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Weapon triangle was at least marginally important in earlier games but Awakening throws so many avenues for getting bigger numbers easily that +1 damage, +10% accuracy feels like jack poo poo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
FE10's hard mode takes it out and 13 is easy no matter what, but the GBA games, FE9 and the two DS games all had it matter a large amount the whole game. 15% dodge is pretty huge, and is one of the factors in why your guys dodge like gods lategame.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Artix posted:

That is all very true, and none of it changes my point that unless archers have been completely reworked they're still exactly where they started (terrible).

Archers have been incredibly OP for two games straight and are desperately in need of a nerf.

It's a little weird to balance around the absolute hardest difficulty, but w/e.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
No. They were strong in FE10 and useful in Apotheosis. Not in Awakening.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Actually archers have been moderately useful at best outside of Apotheosis, the sniper class' 15 minutes of fame.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I dunno if it was AS important in the Tellius games since forging was a thing; having an axe with +25 hit and +3 might or whatever really helped.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
The only game in which you could feasibly claim archers are OP would be FE10. Rolf and Shinon were goddamn monsters in that game and one of them would always find a spot on my endgame team.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
There had better loving be victory conditions this time and interesting maps. It's funny that almost every single map in FE7 or 9 or 10 is better than the best Awakening had to offer but it's true.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Here's hoping FE14 is to Awakening what FE7 was to FE6. :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Here's hoping FE14 is to Awakening what FE7 was to FE6. :getin:

FE7 doubled down on anime?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I dunno how this game is somehow more anime than any of the other ones. They're all operating at peak anime.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can we take just a moment to talk about how Fire Emblem smash amiibos will be used in codename STEAM, as unlocking playable characters? As in you can use Marth and Ike to fight aliens? Because that's extremely good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not the anime derail

not in my thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so far the designs in fe14 seems way less ~anime~ than the ones in fe13

i mean we haven't seen anything like whatever's going on with chrom's fifteen belts and missing sleeves, all of the main character have pretty normal outfits. some of them are japan-themed, but 'feudal japan' doesn't mean 'anime'

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anyone else think the new Fire Emblem game looks really "anime"?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

Can we take just a moment to talk about how Fire Emblem smash amiibos will be used in codename STEAM, as unlocking playable characters? As in you can use Marth and Ike to fight aliens? Because that's extremely good.

I'm going to buy a new 3DS and all 4 amiibos for this

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
this isn't your thread anymore

mabels big day posted:

this has singlehandedly sold me on STEAM

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I find it really hard to care about amiibos at all but that's kinda cool. Not "I'm gonna buy these" amounts of cool, but close.

Cake Attack posted:

not the anime derail

not in my thread

You are now one with the anime. Accept your fate, Cake Attack-san.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wild Knight posted:

this isn't your thread anymore

this has singlehandedly sold me on STEAM

I was sold when I found out it was a new IP from Int Sys.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

not the anime derail

not in my thread

how can there be an anime derail in an anime thread

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

You are now one with the anime. Accept your fate, Cake Attack-san.

that's all i've ever wanted

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Instead of having the same "too much anime" whining we've all hear a hundred times before let's instead discuss the new release and possible new features and directions for this new game to go to in light of this new footage and brief glimpse we have at the new game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope I can make my avatar into Canas again.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Instead of having the same "too much anime" whining we've all hear a hundred times before let's instead discuss the new release and possible new features and directions for this new game to go to in light of this new footage and brief glimpse we have at the new game.

I hope this game is a good version of awakening

KoB
May 1, 2009
It turns out the anime was inside you all along.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I figured out why that giant reminded me of Dark Souls.

Giantdad what are you doing in this game?

Austrian mook posted:

There's not really much to talk about other than the aesthetic though. I mean, the only potential gameplay element we saw is that pairups might not be a thing anymore. Dual guards/attacks were in the trailer but you can get those in Awakening just by having units stand next to each other.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm not sure this game is anime enough for my sophisticated tastes.

but yeah i hope they add some different win conditions, and rebalance pair-up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

so far the designs in fe14 seems way less ~anime~ than the ones in fe13

i mean we haven't seen anything like whatever's going on with chrom's fifteen belts and missing sleeves, all of the main character have pretty normal outfits. some of them are japan-themed, but 'feudal japan' doesn't mean 'anime'

there is a literal maid in that trailer

e: I mean, I am buying this game regardless of anime but

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I hope they bring back the Triangle Attack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

if maids are anime, then someone needs to tell gone with the wind

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

e: I mean, I am buying this game regardless of anime but

In Awakening you can marry a several thousand year old dragon that looks like a child. Maids are nothing.

PS: My biggest hope for this game is that there isn't another Nono. Please IS. Please.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Here Japanese name was Nono for a reason.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

if maids are anime, then someone needs to tell gone with the wind

Gone with the wind invented anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Gone with the wind invented anime
gone with the kaze

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Optimistically, Spring of 2016 seems like a good release date for Fire Emblem 14. Nintendo seems to like dropping 3DS RPGs and strategy games in that February-to-April corridor.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bongo Bill posted:

Optimistically, Spring of 2016 seems like a good release date for Fire Emblem 14. Nintendo seems to like dropping 3DS RPGs and strategy games in that February-to-April corridor.

The Japanese release is in Summer '15 and Nintendo has recently decided to become not poo poo at international releases so it might be sooner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Japanese release is in Summer '15 and Nintendo has recently decided to become not poo poo at international releases so it might be sooner.

What game are you talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Tae posted:

What game are you talking about

The last two sets of pokemon games were released simultaneously worldwide (except Europe got ORAS a week later for whatever reason.)