Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No dragon girls, just all the cat girls and furries you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

AradoBalanga posted:

Nils and Ninan say hi.

Ninan isn't sexualized really and isn't a child regardless.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Tae posted:

No dragon girls, just all the cat girls and furries you want

The cat girls are all of age I think, and it's really just a chick with cat ears and a tail. It's not anything more than you'd see at a haloween party.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Artix posted:

The Elibe games have Fa (although she's only playable in FE6, she's in both games). Incidentally, she's also loving adorable and actually acts like a child.

:colbert:

Yeah Fa is cool, Myrh I'm also fine with.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Keep a form of reclassing as a way to acquire skills, but only allow level resets during post-game content. Also, have post-game content.

WrightOfWay posted:

The last two sets of pokemon games were released simultaneously worldwide (except Europe got ORAS a week later for whatever reason.)

The Pokemon Company International dramatically overhauled its entire development process, at great expense and over the course of four years (the fifth-generation games were basically a warm-up) in order to incorporate that kind of rapid parallel localization for just two text-heavy games, and they only attempted it because it was obvious that the results would mesh well with the game's traditional emphasis on international multiplayer.

Fire Emblem is bigger than Nintendo realized, but it's nowhere near that big, and the gains would be proportionally smaller. If Treehouse is getting things localized faster these days, it's because NoA is getting involved in marketing earlier and earlier. That's less relevant if the localization is being outsourced like with Awakening, and it still requires close collaboration with the development team. The Nintendoplex has got more irons in the fire than TPCI, and not all of their producers are gonna be hip with the radical new concept of continuous incremental internationalization.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I hope that they don't rush the localization, and take as much time as they need to make it as good as possible.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

On the subject of class changing, yes-or-no, I would be okay with going back to the FE8 model of having multiple choice promotions and sticking with that. I would like to pick whatever class I like for the Avatar, though. Because I prefer to use axe-fighters as my mains when they aren't poo poo, and the MU/Avatar is not likely to be poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Ninan isn't sexualized really and isn't a child regardless.

We're on page 69.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like that Code Name STEAM is gonna give Amiibo collectors the option to recruit a bunch of cool extra characters and Marth.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Austrian mook posted:

Why not just make everyone flyers though? I just think it makes the game less interesting as a whole but it's okay if you don't agree, I'll just continue to not use the feature.

Not everybody could be flyers in Awakening.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Also forged bows loving destroyed the poo poo outta fliers so it's best to not have everyone be a flier.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lotish posted:

On the subject of class changing, yes-or-no, I would be okay with going back to the FE8 model of having multiple choice promotions and sticking with that. I would like to pick whatever class I like for the Avatar, though. Because I prefer to use axe-fighters as my mains when they aren't poo poo, and the MU/Avatar is not likely to be poo poo.
The mainlord will be a swordlord and you will like it, mister.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I turned Chrom into an archer thus making Awakening the Robin and Gregor Show.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Fire Emblem Megathread - FEET CONFIRMED

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awakening is better about it than Shadow Dragon but reclassing is still kinda dumb in the long term. It also had its own set of problems and is worse in some ways, since at least in Shadow Dragon you could make anyone a good class and see an immediate benefit. Not much you can do for Panne or Cherche, they're limited to what they have and what they have is not great. I'd rather the units have more defined rolls. Skills are a much bigger issue though, and tie in to the problems with the class set system. Some classes are just bad on their own but others are crippled by poor skill selection, like Wyvern Lord. The only half decent skill in the entire wyvern line is Deliverer and that's not even that great. They need to either seriously rework the balancing or drop the way Awakening handles skills altogether for something else, it can't stay the way it was.

I kinda miss how Sacred Stones did it. Except trainees, they can go gently caress themselves.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
speaking of dragons, during the trailer when that dragon that's trying to choke out the dancer girl turns into a ghost-person, you can kind of make out the shape of the outfit it's wearing and it looks an awful lot like the avatar if you ask me.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I want the Shove mechanic back. Useful action when you need to plan out a particular enemy assassination but can't reach him safely.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I like reclassing because I'm the absolute worst at FE so I just pretend I'm actually doing something worthwhile while I burn the hours away watching numbers go up

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How can you not like reclassing? It lets you have so much more fun with your army. I can make everyone into generals. I can have a legion of pegasus knights. I can do whatever my heart pleases and force my soldiers to bend to my will. Taking that out would be incredibly lame.

OneDeadman posted:

where's the anime tiny girl that's actually 100 years old.

I mean this is set in glorious fire emblem nippon right???

In a twist, this game will feature an ally that is normally a dragon but fights by turning into a tiny anime girl.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Internet Kraken posted:

How can you not like reclassing? It lets you have so much more fun with your army. I can make everyone into generals. I can have a legion of pegasus knights. I can do whatever my heart pleases and force my soldiers to bend to my will. Taking that out would be incredibly lame.

I just think that having a dedicated class helps each character feel unique, I never really go for those gimmick runs where I only use flying guys though. :shrug:

Paperio
Mar 1, 2012
Reclassing isn't really a bad thing since it is completely optional and even at higher difficulties (Lunatic+ excluded) isn't needed until postgame, where everything approaches stat caps. Each unit still felt pretty unique since they all had their own growths so they could fulfill each class differently.

As for skills, perhaps they can do what they did with Spotpass Characters and start more units with a reclassed skill along with their standard class one.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

it's not right to reclass someone when their character art clearly shows them as a certain class.

i would reclass characters but i always made sure to make them their original class in the end for this reason, except for characters who are wearing unpromoted outfits, who i would eventually reclass as one of their normal promotions

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
oh yeah, they need to give people unique costumes and stuff for their promoted classes too. henry's starting outfit was way cooler than the generic sorceror, and it's loving criminal that owain's map sprite lost the hand-over-eye thing when he promoted.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Reclassing is fine except for it being an avenue for infinite level ups

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

It's not even economical to reclass all the time unless you are in postgame where you need to do it for the super hard DLC.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I want reclassing to stay. Specifically, I want the ability to reclass everyone into war clerics.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I forget, is it level 10 in base class where you want to reclass?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I forget, is it level 10 in base class where you want to reclass?

10 base or any level promoted. If you reclass at 10 promoted you can go directly into another promoted class.

Ideally you'd reclass after getting the skills you want or when you've capped a stat.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

sharrrk posted:

i would reclass characters but i always made sure to make them their original class in the end for this reason, except for characters who are wearing unpromoted outfits, who i would eventually reclass as one of their normal promotions

My biggest beef with reclassing is similar, I don't like how if you reclass characters into a class that isn't a part of their intended promotion tree, they'll be stuck with the boring, plain blue clothing.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Reclassing lets you make Kellam, the mediocre knight that no one notices or remembers into:

Kellam, the invisible master thief that no one saw or remembered. He's basically the Gray Fox.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

Reclassing lets you make Kellam, the mediocre knight that no one notices or remembers into:

Kellam, the invisible master thief that no one saw or remembered. He's basically the Gray Fox.

Likewise, Kellam became my ideal of how War Clergy should be if they come back in future titles: as in, I don't care if they don't hit hard, but they should be able to tank anything well while healing.

That said, I'm kinda okay with how Awakening handled Reclassing. Most of my complaints with it come from what Theta Zero posted about Characters not keeping their palettes when they're not in their starting class trees and the questionable class sets a few characters got... (Strangely enough I could work with Cherche's, but that might be because I kept her as the War Cleric who DID hit hard whenever she wasn't a Wyvern Lord)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hellioning posted:

I want reclassing to stay. Specifically, I want the ability to reclass everyone into war clerics.

Shame War Cleric is awful for 90% of the people that can become it and relies entirely on you having a Bolt Axe to not be useless. Hopefully the class is buffed if it stays around. Also Dark Knight, that class is garbage except for Lifestealer. Which isn't even a good skill outside of Apotheosis.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I'm wondering if they're going to keep eugenics/shipping/marriage etc in. It seems to have been one of the most popular features in Awakening, but much as Fire Emblem re-uses plots I'd be very surprised if they completely rehashed entire time-travel device. Am I right in saying that FE4 has a proper time-skip to facilitate the new generation? I can't imagine them writing off half the cast either.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, FE4 has a timeskip halfway through for the Gen 2 story.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Supports and pairing people off has been in the series since FE6, only skipping 11 and 12 because those were remakes of older games. They're not going anywhere.

FE4 has a time skip and does in fact kill nearly everyone from the first generation halfway through the game so it's not like there's no precedent.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Gato posted:

I'm wondering if they're going to keep eugenics/shipping/marriage etc in. It seems to have been one of the most popular features in Awakening, but much as Fire Emblem re-uses plots I'd be very surprised if they completely rehashed entire time-travel device. Am I right in saying that FE4 has a proper time-skip to facilitate the new generation? I can't imagine them writing off half the cast either.

FE4 did dust half your cast actually. Litterally

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Inflammatory posted:

oh yeah, they need to give people unique costumes and stuff for their promoted classes too. henry's starting outfit was way cooler than the generic sorceror, and it's loving criminal that owain's map sprite lost the hand-over-eye thing when he promoted.

Oh my god THAT'S what that weird bump on Owain's sprite was?

Huh. I probably should have realized that earlier.

Gato posted:

FE4 has a timeskip before you play as generation 2.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Iceclaw posted:

FE4 did dust half your cast actually. Litterally

As I understand, there was supposed to be a third act about looking for and reuniting with survivors of the first generation. Obviously a lot of people are straight up dead, but if they go the generational route with it in 14 that seems like something they could reuse since they technically never used it.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
The only thing I knew about Fire Emblem before playing Awakening was that one of the games had a time skip and killed most of the cast to let you play as the children afterwards.

So I was sort of expecting a time skip and eugenics for the entirety of playing the game and felt a bit disappointed in the end when all I got was some weird as hell time travel shenanigans that made no sense and ultimately served to the detriment of the child characters. It's still a nice game despite all that, but I'd prefer a proper time skip if they want to do a second generation in Fire Emblem (Working Title). It's mechanically convenient to just have these kids pop up from different time gates as they get unlocked and it's certainly quite nice to be able to cause it at your own pace, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was expecting Future Past to be a kid only campaign where you took the second gen kids through a series of levels until reaching the point where they wet back in time.

What I'm saying is that Future Past was disappointing.