Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
On that note, why the hell isn't there an MG Leo? It's my favorite design, the dang thing looks like a WWII British fighter plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

MJP posted:

Anyone happen to know or be willing to measure the vernier lengths and widths on their MG Tallgeese? I want to order some Adler's Nest metal verniers from HLJ for mine but there's a bunch in different dimensions.

I can when I get home, assuming nobody gets to it first. You want the full length and width of each nacelle?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

An Angry Bug posted:

On that note, why the hell isn't there an MG Leo? It's my favorite design, the dang thing looks like a WWII British fighter plane.

Ours is a cruel and unjust world. That is why.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sadly MG Leo will never happen. Best case scenario, it'll get shoved into the RE/100 line and forgotten about by Bandai as they go and make more custom Zakus.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They have the Tallgeese mold -right there-. God drat it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MG Leo and Capule will be the last release when Bandai goes bankrupt. They are waiting for the technology to reach its apex.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm still waiting for an MG Jegan, because I love the little green space Labor.

Though I guess I need to get the MG Jesta at some point too.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I always wanted to make a sort of space-version of the Jesta cannon bu slapping on a backpack.
With the lightning back weapon system mark 2 I think I can finally realize my dream. :swoon:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Someone please take a pic of your Mock holding an MG 7 sword gundam giant rear end sword.

Shinde
Mar 19, 2009
I took a break from making the old 1980's Gunpla to finish a newer classic-- HGUC Char's Zaku. I don't agree with how dark the torso color is from the factory, but I decided to just push on ahead with a straight build, a hand-brushed semi-gloss coat and panel lines.

I really love eliminating seam lines with Tamiya plastic cement and a file. The glue works MUCH better than Testors' version (which I had previously used), and it doesn't discolor the plastic. The seam lines on the Zaku are completely invisible!

Another thing I did with my file: sanding down and sharpening V-fins. I got really tired of looking at my MG Alex (my favorite model kit!) with its thick V-fin, so I busted out the file and went to town.

Before:

After:

The angles I took don't really show the difference, but in-person, the sharpened V-fin looks MUCH better.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Shinde posted:

The angles I took don't really show the difference, but in-person, the sharpened V-fin looks MUCH better.

Oh, no, they really, really do. That sharpened V-fin is spectacular. Also loving the lack of seam lines on the HGUC Char's Zaku. That kit has hella seam lines out of the box!

E: And, it turns out I can't actually measure the verniers on my Tallgeese, because I haven't assembled mine, and they are too many pieces to get a good measurement without putting them together. Sorry about that.

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 12, 2015

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool 2-pack frame arms for sale for people that like robots not always in the gundam aesthetic
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-42910&page=top
comes with an anime short

Plastic Model Kit
Scale: 1/100
Size: Zelfikar approx. H160mm / Hresvelgr=Ater approx. H150mm

[Set Contents]
-Zelfikar 1/100 plastic model kit
-Hresvelgr=Ater 1/100 plastic model kit
-DVD (short anime ""A violent struggle")
-Special booklet

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 12, 2015

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I liked playing with my robots for the thread the other day, so I did more! Here's an update on HG vs 3x SD size comparisons. :v:

Sorry SD DX, your V-fin had to be sacrificed in the name of boredom science.

The DX and Bakunetsu Gundam (AKA the one on top) are from the older SD line/set of molds and therefore maybe not as tall as newer models would be? I'm losing some height on the 00 because of how far apart I have to spread his legs to get him to stand on the satellite cannons. Also the Try Burning is a little shorter than the Build Burning, so if the S x D x G kits are good-sized, the scale might be something resembling okay?

Maybe I'll do a pseudo-diorama with the S1 protagonist suits when I finish up the Winning and Lightning. :spergin:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

cool 2-pack frame arms for sale for people that like robots not always in the gundam aesthetic
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-42910&page=top
comes with an anime short

I've been after a Hresvelgr Atelier for a while, and that deal is cheaper than anywhere else for that kit alone, even counting shipping and customs. That you get a recoloured Baselard with the Extend Arms is just gravy. The Baselard is a fun kit to put together, and those colours actually look better than the original. Anyone interested in non-Gundam models should jump at this one.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The back of the right fist for my HG 00 7sword fell off and I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bit or am I SOL and I have to buy a new kit?

EDIT: It was hiding inside the gunsword (swordgun?) so crisis averted!

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 12, 2015

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Suzaku posted:

I can when I get home, assuming nobody gets to it first. You want the full length and width of each nacelle?

At this point no need - I'll have the Goose in my hands this weekend, I can always order after Katsucon. I appreciate the thought, though!

An Angry Bug posted:

Your best bet is the Robot Damashii Leo... that's at least plentifully available and cheap. HLJ has it if you ever want to put together a Private Warehouse order.

MJP fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 12, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

MJP posted:

Your best bet is the Robot Damashii Leo... that's at least plentifully available and cheap. HLJ has it if you ever want to put together a Private Warehouse order.

Oh, already found a complete one cheap along with a bunch of other RDs at a secondhand toy shop. It's how I got into this in the first place.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Was there ever a 1/144 GN-XIV conversion kit? I've found pictures but can't seem to find it on sale.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Was there ever a 1/144 GN-XIV conversion kit? I've found pictures but can't seem to find it on sale.

I see the resin conversion kits on ebay every once in a while but I've never seen a plastic one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The reviews for the Lightning Back Weapon System 2 are out. If you wanted the sniper rifle for any other kit, you're poo poo outta luck - it only comes with the new barrel, not the handle. Which is pretty bad when it's all of an extra 2-3 small pieces.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My Gerbera Tetra is finally far enough along to show off. Still WIP, but most of the work is done. She's sporting the same color pattern as my Kampfer.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

I swear I have a desk under there.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Man the bigger your desk is the bigger the mess gets, that's all

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I've seen worse.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

My Gerbera Tetra is finally far enough along to show off. Still WIP, but most of the work is done. She's sporting the same color pattern as my Kampfer.

Man if I had the skill to paint well I would have a Gerbera Tetra in every color of the rainbow. That thing is up there with the Tallgeese and Leo for my favorite mobile suits in all of gundam.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Mika Akitaka designed some great mobile suits, but he's also responsible for the whole MS Girl thing so I'm not sure how to feel about him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's finally a picture of the Star Winning in Real Mode, and it has a shot of the Snibal Drago Gira as well.

I'm linking it rather than pasting the picture, because I want to save the surprise of the Snibal. Just keep the image of that big badass dragon in your mind before you click the link.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011
Being a sperg, plus writing a doctoral thesis, plus painting exclusively using only acrylics and a brush equals ultra slow progress on the HGUC Nu, which I've been flailing at for God knows how long.

Also, the skirts of the HGUC Nu are horrible to paint and coat, because of all the areas that [i]should[\i] be colour separated but aren't, and also because of using the aforementioned brush and acrylic.

Here's pictures:

And some more with light from a nearby LED added:

Doc Quantum fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 14, 2015

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's finally a picture of the Star Winning in Real Mode, and it has a shot of the Snibal Drago Gira as well.

I'm linking it rather than pasting the picture, because I want to save the surprise of the Snibal. Just keep the image of that big badass dragon in your mind before you click the link.

I like the real version of the dragon more than the cartoon one.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Urgh, another suit that doesn't come with it's backpack?

Come on now, Bandai.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Urgh, another suit that doesn't come with it's backpack?

Come on now, Bandai.

I think they're just selling the Portent's backpack separately in addition to including it with the model. It's hard to tell sometimes, which is why I have a dumb Amazing Zaku booster.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The only kit that doesn't come with its backpack is the Lightning.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The Kampfer Amäzing only comes with 1 pair of weapon binders when it has 2 in the show. It's functional out of the box but incomplete without being the Amazing Weapon Binder set.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

The Kampfer Amäzing only comes with 1 pair of weapon binders when it has 2 in the show. It's functional out of the box but incomplete without being the Amazing Weapon Binder set.

Only during its fight with the GM Sniper K9. In its earlier outings (e.g. the free-for-all) it only has the one pair.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The Kampfer only had 2 pairs of binders in the fight against the Renatos, every other appearance before then it was just the pair on its back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

After a year and a half, I finally completed the MG Unicorn ver Ka. This was my second time airbrushing and my first time using waterslide decals in over 20 years. I had to hand brush some parts that I couldn't disassemble, and when I build one of the 5(!) other Unicorn variants in my inventory I'll remember those bits.

It's presently on display at a convention where we're running a semi unofficial contest (I made the push to complete it so there would be more stuff on the table) but I can throw up some pix later if it's of interest.

So Diana, wherever you are, I brought you a Unicorn. :smith:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
So, Pacific Rim plamo:

I have absolutely no information on this, not even a manufacturer, but apparently it's a thing that is going to (maybe) happen.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh my god.

I need all of them.

In my life.

Right now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That looks amazing but I don't recognise it from the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It's Max Factory and about 9" tall.