Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Lovely i cannot wait for people ending up in psyco for what will be so called "SC spending syndrome"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah it's pretty silly that you can't un-apply a CCU. I'm pretty sure the customer service ladies will help if you ask nicely, but the whole thing is a dumb system.

Also the enemy's gate is down.

...wait, so what's going to happen to the arena as we know it now? This feels smaller.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SwissArmyDruid posted:

...wait, so what's going to happen to the arena as we know it now? This feels smaller.

New arena is fps, Enders game style. Should be pretty large. I'm waiting for the size increase in the actual dog fighting arenas.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Wulfling posted:

New arena is fps, Enders game style. Should be pretty large. I'm waiting for the size increase in the actual dog fighting arenas.

Press F to abuse your teammates.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Broccoli Cat posted:

I see this depressing poo poo and I think:

Enders Game the book is to Enders Game the movie

as Star Citizen the idea will be to Star Citizen the game

This game is never going to be as good as the magical fairy tale that CR is pushing. Those of us who expect a competent space simulator with passable FPS mechanics and a semi-sandbox universe will get exactly what we were expecting.

I can't wait for the day that the PU alpha with the 5 solar systems is released and the brown sea erupts with hysteria that the game they imagined in their head isn't what is going to be delivered.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Hmm all sizes? I wonder how many overweight models there will be ingame. I have a suspicion it will be 1 NPC vs all skinny PCs.

Now I actually want a fat char model. That would be something no game has ever done, or have they? (Except Fable but your weight was dynamic there)

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Hmm all sizes? I wonder how many overweight models there will be ingame.

I think they are just covering all the bases just in case. I'm with you though and think that pretty much all NPC's and PC's will be very nearly the same height/weight actually in the PU.
Although I guess they could use custom sizes for S42 cutscenes. That would be doable, no?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Let's just get a few things straight ;-) (you'll get the pun in a moment)

First, I don't care what someone's gender identity or sexual orientation is. I really don't give a flying gently caress. What I give a flying gently caress about is being deceptive in order to gain notoriety or gain material possessions. If I was homosexual (and for the record I am not) and I was dating someone and I had bought him an iPad so we could keep in contact and then suddenly I found out that he wasn't really gay he was just dating me because I have money and I give gifts to my lovers I'd be pretty pissed.

This person in question asked for financial help to get equipment to do videos for the Star Citizen fan community. They sent a drat expensive camera and some other equipment at the person's request. Admittedly the percentage of single, desperate men is probably higher in the SC community than the average population, but that is no reason to take advantage of them. I can put on a dress too if lonely old men are giving out money, but I won't because I like to think I have integrity. EDIT -- I also think dresses are probably drafty and not comfortable for me since I get cold easily. -- End Edit

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me by now. You folks are slacking.

Darkpriest667 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 11, 2015

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Darkpriest667 posted:

First, I don't care what someone's gender identity or sexual orientation is. I really don't give a flying gently caress. What I give a flying gently caress about is being deceptive in order to gain notoriety or gain material possessions. If I was homosexual (and for the record I am not) and I was dating someone and I had bought him an iPad so we could keep in contact and then suddenly I found out that he wasn't really gay he was just dating me because I have money and I give gifts to my lovers I'd be pretty pissed.

This person in question asked for financial help to get equipment to do videos for the Star Citizen fan community. They sent a drat expensive camera and some other equipment at the person's request. Admittedly the percentage of single, desperate men is probably higher in the SC community than the average population, but that is no reason to take advantage of them. I can put on a dress too if lonely old men are giving out money, but I won't because I like to think I have integrity. EDIT -- I also think dresses are probably drafty and not comfortable for me since I get cold easily. -- End Edit

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me. You folks are slacking.

Are you sure you're not homosexual? Have you ever tried it?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darkpriest667 posted:

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me. You folks are slacking.

Please stop posting.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

jaegerx posted:

Have you? Do you live in Texas? I'm always up to be wined and dined.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

What I give a flying gently caress about is being deceptive in order to gain notoriety or gain material possessions.

StarCitizen.txt

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Basically saying either that trans women are definitely men, or that the woman being sent stuff was insufficiently sexy is trickery, is not really helping your case there.

Actually this is probably better and would have saved me a few dozen words had it been posted before I saw it:

Friendly Tumour posted:

Please stop posting.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

jaegerx posted:

Have you offered him an ipad?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I would not offer Darkpriest an iPad if you know what I mean.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

spacetoaster posted:

Have you offered him an ipad?

Best response so far

AP posted:

StarCitizen.txt

I'm glad someone caught the correlation there. I was afraid it might jump over everyone's heads.

buzzkill04
Feb 4, 2015

GreenLight posted:

No, but helps me to better understand my feeling of disgust when i stumbled on a video of her.

This is the first time I stumbled on her video. I feel violated and disgusted when seeing her video. How she get so popular? You can clearly tell it's a dude or tran.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Darkpriest667 posted:

I do live in Texas. Looks like jaegerx is getting laid tonight. Picking up the iPad right now buddy. Get ready to grab your ankles.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

buzzkill04 posted:

This is the first time I stumbled on her video. I feel violated and disgusted when seeing her video. How she get so popular? You can clearly tell it's a dude or tran.

Violated and disgusted?! Can someone link a video? I'm too lazy to look them up myself. Though I'd bet it's more a case of being somewhat sensitive.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

buzzkill04 posted:

Hello buzzkill04, which ships do you have?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

jaegerx posted:

I do live in Texas. Looks like jaegerx is getting laid tonight. Picking up the iPad right now buddy. Get ready to grab your ankles.

"Having someone grab their ankles is an awkward position for what I have in mind. Can't have them falling over all the time."
-Chris Roberts

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Hopper posted:

Hmm all sizes? I wonder how many overweight models there will be ingame. I have a suspicion it will be 1 NPC vs all skinny PCs.

Now I actually want a fat char model. That would be something no game has ever done, or have they? (Except Fable but your weight was dynamic there)

They're sorta limited in that a lesnick sized player character literally couldn't fit in to the cockpit of many of the ships. Too many have stuff like a narrow passage to sit down in the pilot's seat or just plain small cockpits in general.

buzzkill04
Feb 4, 2015

AP posted:

Hello buzzkill04, which ships do you have?

Cutlass black

buzzkill04
Feb 4, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Violated and disgusted?! Can someone link a video? I'm too lazy to look them up myself. Though I'd bet it's more a case of being somewhat sensitive.

Here you go. http://www.starcitizenaa.com/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me by now. You folks are slacking.

jesus christ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lets get a few things straight

:wink:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Friendly Tumour posted:

Please stop posting breathing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually dont even get the analogy tho

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys if I was gay Id be like this

but IM NOT GAY GUYS

I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONES SEXUALITY IS BUT IM NOT GAY I PROMISE

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
get it guys? i'm straight. that's the pun. just a little star citizen comedy for you ;-)

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

You do know what comes from Texas, right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

i live in texas

friend

are you sure you aren't homosexual

your post wasn't 100% clear on that point tbh

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

jaegerx posted:

I'm disappointed you're a top, but all the good ones are

sigh

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Eonwe posted:

i live in texas

friend

Pretty sure he's homosexual. He asked me out on a date. I am totally 100% not gay but I can be for an iPad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jaegerx posted:

Pretty sure he's homosexual. He asked me out on a date. I am totally 100% not gay but I can be for an iPad.

since you live in texas, lets meet up

bring that ipad and ill do whatever you want

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Eonwe posted:

i live in texas

friend

To rewind a bit; earlier you were discussing with somebody why the preferred the SA forums to other resources like Reddit or general gaming websites. This exchange makes a pretty good example; someone starts talking about how grossed out they are by trans people and is immediately lampooned rather than getting +100 upvotes or a bunch of people going QFT and talking about how uncomfortable they got that time when they were pretty sure their bartender used to be a man or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Voyager I posted:

To rewind a bit; earlier you were discussing with somebody why the preferred the SA forums to other resources like Reddit or general gaming websites. This exchange makes a pretty good example; someone starts talking about how grossed out they are by trans people and is immediately lampooned rather than getting +100 upvotes or a bunch of people going QFT and talking about how uncomfortable they got that time when they were pretty sure their bartender used to be a man or something.

thank you! I like that aspect of SA a lot too

If everyone agreed with me that X is bad or Y is good like happens in reddit, I wouldn't even really post tbh

when I have a dumb opinion, people tell me its dumb and I learn from it and move on

and thats a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Voyager I posted:

I just wish they'd get probated quicker.

• Locked thread