Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Big Willy Style posted:

What? Bolt thrower is not hair metal they are straight up death metal and they influenced grindcore too with In Battle There Is No Law.

Hair metal is just glam metal so motley crue etc. Bolt thrower is actually one of the legitimately better death metal bands around and people who aren't into warhammer are really into bolt thrower
Shows you the kind of metal fans I've been dealing with then. I legit thought they weren't Death Metal because of their opinions (and also not liking metal myself not having a frame of reference).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

pengun101 posted:

I think an inquisitor action rpg (like mass effect) would be good. if you were Inquisition you could pick your ordo,(which would determine your mission, stats, lore knowledge.) maybe have a "morality system" of Radicals and Puritans. shoot orks, nids, lots of chaos cults. give the development to obsidian.

Maybe you could partner up with a rouge trader with a fancy ship so you could have some cool space combat to. Inquisitors sometimes work with xenos to, so you could have eldar or tau squad members.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

You could have a super kawaii Dark Elf girlfriend who at first is cold and distant but after you help her murder her ex-lover in a mayhem fuelled rampage (getting extra radical points for using the Xenos' own venom glaive to kill him) she suddenly jumps your bones and gets jealous when you talk to female crew members!

(Please don't let Bioware make a 40K RPG :ohdear:)

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Arquinsiel posted:

Shows you the kind of metal fans I've been dealing with then. I legit thought they weren't Death Metal because of their opinions (and also not liking metal myself not having a frame of reference).

Gamers and historical nerds have really poo poo taste when it comes to heavy music.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

MrNemo posted:

You could have a super kawaii Dark Elf girlfriend who at first is cold and distant but after you help her murder her ex-lover in a mayhem fuelled rampage (getting extra radical points for using the Xenos' own venom glaive to kill him) she suddenly jumps your bones and gets jealous when you talk to female crew members!

(Please don't let Bioware make a 40K RPG :ohdear:)

Counterpoint: the gay and bi love interest options would drive the neo fascist warhams up a wall and the ensuing gay panic freak out and meltdown would be hilarious

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Maybe you could partner up with a rouge trader with a fancy ship so you could have some cool space combat to. Inquisitors sometimes work with xenos to, so you could have eldar or tau squad members.

Why limit it to just perfume merchants? :cmon:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

pengun101 posted:

I think an inquisitor action rpg (like mass effect) would be good. if you were Inquisition you could pick your ordo,(which would determine your mission, stats, lore knowledge.) maybe have a "morality system" of Radicals and Puritans. shoot orks, nids, lots of chaos cults. give the development to obsidian.

No don't. If Obsidian had development there would only be a slight consequence to your actions like in New Vegas: shooting chaos and 'nids would be fun but it would make very little difference in the grand scheme of things. Certain factions would hate you because you made some miniscule slight against one of their dependent factions or some such.

Shroud posted:

Why limit it to just perfume merchants? :cmon:

Some serious :eng101: :spergin: right here.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Certain factions would hate you because you made some miniscule slight against one of their dependent factions or some such.

Isn't that par for the course as far as the Inquisition is concerned?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

No don't. If Obsidian had development there would only be a slight consequence to your actions like in New Vegas: shooting chaos and 'nids would be fun but it would make very little difference in the grand scheme of things. Certain factions would hate you because you made some miniscule slight against one of their dependent factions or some such.

Some serious :eng101: :spergin: right here.

Actually, Obsidian makes good games. New Vegas is one of the few games I've ever played where the consequences to your choices weren't just different glowing colours.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My shame laid bare for everyone to see :toot:

Obsidian makes good games, play Alpha Protocol. Play it again and again.

Shif
Aug 12, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Actually, Obsidian makes good games. New Vegas is one of the few games I've ever played where the consequences to your choices weren't just different glowing colours.

This, this and this.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Finished Stormcaller and was very surprised by how good it was. (Christ Wraight keeps proving himself to be right up there with DA and ADB in my opinion)

So the way this book was written (together with Blood of Asaheim) makes it a pretty obvious start of a series.

Any rumors floating around about the next book?

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
So... I'm almost done with Scars and I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's nothing ground breaking, but all of the primarch interactions feel "right".

Then suddenly ghost Magnus drops the bomb about knowing the Emperor's true name, that it would surprise you and that some specific power intervened when Jaghati and Fulgrim were supposed to end up on eachother's worlds during the scattering

That's... uh... kind of big stuff. Like, game changing, peak behind the curtain stuff. Isn't knowing the Emperor's name a HUGE thing and potent weapon against him? Like, something that would have come up in the next 10,000 years?

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I wonder witch Anatolian language Emp's name is in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatolian_languages

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Emp's name is Death.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Emp's name is Dave

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Dog_Meat posted:

So... I'm almost done with Scars and I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's nothing ground breaking, but all of the primarch interactions feel "right".

Then suddenly ghost Magnus drops the bomb about knowing the Emperor's true name, that it would surprise you and that some specific power intervened when Jaghati and Fulgrim were supposed to end up on eachother's worlds during the scattering

That's... uh... kind of big stuff. Like, game changing, peak behind the curtain stuff. Isn't knowing the Emperor's name a HUGE thing and potent weapon against him? Like, something that would have come up in the next 10,000 years?

Isn't that the plot McGuffin of the latest Abnett trilogy? Finding the Emperor's name?

It's Sheev by the way.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Praise be the Bob-Emperor.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Emperor's name is actually "The Emperor".

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Please, call me The.

Mr. Emperor is my father.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Emp's name is Death.

pretty sure the emp's name is awesome

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Short for Theodore Emperor.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys its me, I am He

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

We all remember the Emperor in the Last Church. The answer is obvious.

Emperor Dawkins

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
Wasn't there something back from the rogue trader era that said E's name was Jehoshaphat? I remember reading something a really long rear end time ago and thought that was funny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I'm about halfway through His Last Command. I'm asking for some mild spoilers, but can someone tell me if anyone ever tells the Gereon 12 survivors to shut the gently caress up and stop being such assholes to everyone? I've got a feeling that its coming, and while I sympathize with the poor bastards, Criid and Varl are just acid to everybody. Rawne's actually mellower and Mkoll's a professional, but jeez, lighten up and stop taking it out on your friends.

I'm really enjoying the book and I like this new dynamic, but still, lighten up.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I'm about halfway through His Last Command. I'm asking for some mild spoilers, but can someone tell me if anyone ever tells the Gereon 12 survivors to shut the gently caress up and stop being such assholes to everyone? I've got a feeling that its coming, and while I sympathize with the poor bastards, Criid and Varl are just acid to everybody. Rawne's actually mellower and Mkoll's a professional, but jeez, lighten up and stop taking it out on your friends.

I'm really enjoying the book and I like this new dynamic, but still, lighten up.

It wouldn't be grimdark otherwise.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

They're still hosed up but yeah they stop being assholes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's a little thing, but I really like that the End Times books and now the Gaunt's Ghosts reprints have numbers on the spine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SavTargaryen posted:

They're still hosed up but yeah they stop being assholes.

Good. Seeing Criid and Varl poo poo on Kolea like that was harsh.

And I have to say, while I loved Lijah Fething Cuu as a character, I don't think I'll hate him nearly as much as I've come to hate Flyn Meryn. What a loving jackass.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Wasn't there something back from the rogue trader era that said E's name was Jehoshaphat? I remember reading something a really long rear end time ago and thought that was funny.

God I hope this is true because that name is dumb as hell. Sorry to any goons named Jehoshaphat who might be reading this thread.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

God I hope this is true because that name is dumb as hell. Sorry to any goons named Jehoshaphat who might be reading this thread.

Is it meant to be a mash up of Jehovah and baphomet or something?

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 21, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Jehoshaphat was the 4th king of Judah. Alternatively, the valley of Jehoshaphat was where the nations of the world would gather to be judged.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Jehoshaphat was the 4th king of Judah. Alternatively, the valley of Jehoshaphat was where the nations of the world would giather to be judged.

That's pretty cool then.

I hope the emperors true form is like God in South Park

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

boom boom boom posted:

It's a little thing, but I really like that the End Times books and now the Gaunt's Ghosts reprints have numbers on the spine.

The End Times books should be counting down.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Where did the emperor come from again? I'm sure I read somewhere that he's been chilling on earth forever guiding humanity from the shadow before stepping up and taking command. He imprisoned the C'tan on mars didn't he?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mikojan posted:

pretty sure the emp's name is awesome

Big Emp's name is Biggerz than youz.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Where did the emperor come from again? I'm sure I read somewhere that he's been chilling on earth forever guiding humanity from the shadow before stepping up and taking command. He imprisoned the C'tan on mars didn't he?

Anatolia, which is in modern day Turkey. He's been around since the neolithic era since his birth basically triggered the end of it, pushing back the forces of Chaos and allowing humanity to settle in cities and get going. Supposedly every major history maker who handed out a set or rules and imposed order and then disappeared was him, ditto for reclusive scientific genius. He spent his time alternating from influencing behind the scenes, handing us breakthroughs to guide us away from chaos and towards civilization, and hunting and destroying Chaos and other threats that still turned up despite his presence. At some point along the way he met up with Malcador, giving rise to all the tales of the glorious king and his wise old advisor that so many cultures have, like Arthur and Merlin. He wiped out chaos cults and sorcerers in the middle ages of Europe, leading to the rise of the witch trials as others tried to copy him without understanding. He pushed back Eldar leading to tales about elves, he battled the Dragon and imprisoned it, eventually hiding it on Mars along with some other potent Chaos artifacts in a great vault beneath Olympus Mons. Eventually humanity began to spread throughout the stars and formed a million different sub empires connected by trade when Slaneesh was born and the ripples of that disrupted warp travel across the galaxy. Thousands of years later as the storm began to ebb he said gently caress it, he was tired of trying to coax humanity away from barbarism only to have Chaos or xenos screw it up so he said "gently caress it" and set out to build an empire and exterminate them both at the same time.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I'm fully convinced that Frank Underwood is the Emperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

maev posted:

I'm fully convinced that Frank Underwood is the Emperor

If he existed in the setting, he almost certainly would have been.