Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Dino Charge Blue is turning into my favorite person. He's just such a dweeb about Sentai and it's adorable.
I just checked out his twitter and the dude is pretty cool. He must be living the dream starring in PR while being a Sentai fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Probably helps that it's actually a pretty decent series so far, even if Sledge's suit is pretty cheap and drab. I did enjoy his little visual gag in the last episode.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

mynameishong posted:

I started watching Fourze and holy loving poo poo, I do not regret it one bit.

The main character is a delinquent that wants to aggressively make friends with everyone. His powers include summoning a chainsaw to his leg. His finishing move was a rocket-propelled drill drop kick.

This is wonderful.
Welcome to the friendship locker, buddy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zedd posted:

I just checked out his twitter and the dude is pretty cool. He must be living the dream starring in PR while being a Sentai fan.

I think he was also a suit actor for the past few series. I'm just kinda happy for him, he worked his way up from fighting in a suit that barely let him see to doing all sorts of goofy caveman antics and being a power ranger.

Dino Charge Red hummed the Kyoryuger theme at the end of last episode, Judd Lynn seasons really are the best. :allears:

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Liking the look and feel of Ninninger so far, I can't wait for more LOVE AND PEACE.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So I hesitate to ask, but with the recent posts about Dino Charge Blue...

I liked Kyoryuger. Should I try Dino Charge?

VV: Sounds good to me. Thanks Waffleman_!

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 22, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes. It's not bad.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Dino Charge is already really original and different in a few ways for Kyoryuger, but still chained to the 20 episode limit and the need for flashback to events that happened a minute before.

Also most of the Dino Charge cast are active and enthusiastic on social media, and really nice or nice seeming people.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Solaris Knight posted:

Dino Charge is already really original and different in a few ways for Kyoryuger, but still chained to the 20 episode limit and the need for flashback to events that happened a minute before.

My gut says that they'll keep the Kyoryuger setup for both years, there's no reason that they would go to that much effort to discard it after 20 episodes. Once that is done they can jump directly to Ninninger.

Counterpoint: Saban.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they did two seasons of Shinkenger, after all. I think the only reason they did Goseiger and Gokaiger as the halves of Megaforce is so they could technically have Gokaiger be adapted for the 20th anniversary since it's the same team. Besides, it's unlikely that they'll adapt ToQ and they could use the extra year for the Sentai to get a bit ahead.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

There is no way we don't get a Dino Supercharge. There is plenty obvious space in the logo and I doubt they want to adapt ToQ (and they outright skipped GB).
It even sounds pretty decent, as opposed to SuperSamurai and :suicide:SuperMegaforce

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought they already said they're skipping ToQger.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Someone leaked that the American side (not sure if it was Saban or BoA or whoever) was unhappy with the gear and/or toys since most of it was light-rail/Japanese trains/"not actually a train" trains and thus quite different from what an American kid would want. That was awhile ago and who knows, I think it would take a whole lot for them to actually skip a whole year like that. Even Gobusters was originally supposed to have stuff "incorporated into" Dinocharge and might still do so. Anyways the PR team loves dinosaurs for obvious reasons so I'd be shocked if they didn't at least keep the suits around the whole way through.

I tried DC and its okay though some things stick out as weird, making Candleira a pushy lover gives a weird undertone to her gimp-suit mouth. No Luckyuro so far either, they shot a beam at their most recent monster to make it grow big. Bandai is making a toy of him so he'll show up in some way but they are also making tons of MotW toys (yay, they look a lot more fun than noisy collectables) so who knows how big his roll would be.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I can't imagine why they'd skip ToQGer

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dr Tran posted:

I can't imagine why they'd skip ToQGer

If I owned the mech toy this is how I would display it at all times. :allears:

Just a giant Train-dong stretching into the sky.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tae posted:

I thought they already said they're skipping ToQger.

I'm pretty sure Bandai has the final say in that as they make the toys for both Sentai and Power Rangers. From what I hear, ToQger's toy sales have been doing pretty well so far and kids do typically like trains so unlike Go-Busters there's no financial reason for them to skip it. They still could though but it's just kind of unlikely all things considered.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 23, 2015

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Police Express has a little gun that flips out and it's the best. Don't skip ToQger, Bandai.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Larryb posted:

I'm pretty sure Bandai has the final say in that as they make the toys for both Sentai and Power Rangers.

Bandai of America is not Bandai of Japan.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

God drat it, I like Drive more every passing episode. I also love Gou more and more every time he shows up.

"That's because my bike isn't here! :smug:"

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
It's kinda weird seeing him transform without a grin on his face though. I really liked this two-parter too, probably one of my favorite episode sets in a long time. Between this and just what I could make out from the Ninninger raw, really good weekend.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Bandai of America is not Bandai of Japan.

No but BoA's decision is partly based on sales information from BoJ and they really are just different branches of the same company.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
And an even bigger part of their decision is based on what they know will and won't sell in their market. Trains are cool (I like trains), but they aren't as rooted in America as they are in Japan (seriously Japan loving loves trains) and they don't sell to kids as well as you think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Has anyone competent who isn't TV-N (but I repeat myself) subbed the original GARO?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Gomen Rider.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Subs for Nininger 01 are already up! Man, this looks like its gonna be a really fun ride.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
What's the name of the insert song for Type: Deadheat? It seems quite good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ha, they literally added a tiny Akaninger on top of Shinobimaru's shoulder during that segment. Completely pointless but still a nice touch.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I thought the Ninninger robots looked super dumb in the previews, but they are so goofy and adorable that my heart of ice melted.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Shinobimaru is the best because Toei finally built a goddamn robot suit that the actor can actually move in.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The revolving door stuff in the city was rad, too.

Ja-jaan!

I hope they keep it up with the smaller robot, tbqh. Whenever they do this stuff (Buster Ace/RyuseiOh) they get thrown out the door when they start piling on the upgrades

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jivjov posted:

Subs for Nininger 01 are already up! Man, this looks like its gonna be a really fun ride.
It's so goofy and childish and impossible to take at all seriously.

I love it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
White mecha officially useless in and out of suit it looks like. Also, I can't wait to see Blue do actual *~Magic~*

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

White mecha officially useless in and out of suit it looks like. Also, I can't wait to see Blue do actual *~Magic~*

THEY'RE CALLED ILLUSIONS.

That was probably my favorite Super Robo design out of every sentai I've ever seen. Robots piloting robots :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

THEY'RE CALLED ILLUSIONS.

That was probably my favorite Super Robo design out of every sentai I've ever seen. Robots piloting robots :allears:
You know that thing's gotta be heavy as sin with the stuff inside it to make the little robot move.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is that the fastest a sentai debuted the actual suit?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

nah, Shinkenger debuted the same way

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rei_ posted:

nah, Shinkenger debuted the same way

Shinken-Oh didnt show up until episode 2. Gokai-Oh shows up after the first commercial break.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Oh I thought he meant the actual hero suit not the mecha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay I didn't actually get the gimmick in the toy previews, but their zord is basically Sentai Modok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Decided to give Ninninger a shot since everyone keeps saying it's fun and holy poo poo just five minutes in and there's a rad battle and cousins and siblings outninjaing each other left and right, this is awesome.

• Locked thread