Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I'd be down with this if we went all the way and revoked the tax-exempt status of Christian organizations. Have non-believers pay a small "dhimmi" tax, make the large churches actually pay their way, it would be a net plus for everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Duncan Doenitz posted:

It's a good thing that government didn't require people to buy something ridiculous like health insurance. Also, more artifacts than the British Museum!

It was so effective that it caused crime to plummet across the entire country. WOW!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It was so effective that it caused crime to plummet across the entire country. WOW!

If everybody is terrified of leaving the house they obviously can't crime. Check and mate. More guns! BIGGER GUNS!!!! EVERYBODY GETS A loving TANK!!!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
In Kansas they are about to get rid of licenses for concealed carry. I loving hate this state.

EDIT:

Sorry auto correct changed License to Leavenworth

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 28, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

SalTheBard posted:

In Kansas they are about to get rid of Leavenworth for concealed carry

What does this mean?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

hamster_style posted:

I knew I shouldn't have touched the poop. Continuation on gender wage gap.

"A woman should get maternity leave just because she's a woman!? I'm a man with kids why don't I get this benefit too."

So close... Well dipshit, if you stopped acting like these "greedy corporations" aren't all in it for the bottom line maybe you could enjoy the same benefits(not maternity leave obv, but being paid to take care of your sick child). I do like the pic he posted that goes against his point. Also how he misses that men are not paid more for their penises, but women less for the lack of one.

Does anyone have an answer other than "you're an idiot" or "it's not feasible" to the question: "well then why don't all companies just hire women since they're cheaper??"

Paternity leave is a thing in civilised countries.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

VitalSigns posted:

Ahahaha is that the Prince Flag? That'll do. That'll do :geert:

Indeed it is, the entire smiley is based on one of Geert Wilders' partymembers using a Prince Flag to decorate his office in parliament and denying the racist connotations. :)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

VideoTapir posted:

What does this mean?

Kansas passed a bill called 'Constitutional Carry', which allows you to carry a concealed handgun, loaded or unloaded, without a permit or training.

Here's an article about it.

I knew what he meant because my dad has been ranting about it for the past month as a great and stupid thing rolled into one. Great, because it means people don't have to pay for a license or safety training in different counties if they move. Stupid, because every dumbass can carry around a pistol even if they don't know what a safety is. I think the stupid outweighs the benefits, but we disagree on that point.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

J.A.B.C. posted:

Kansas passed a bill called 'Constitutional Carry', which allows you to carry a concealed handgun, loaded or unloaded, without a permit or training.

Here's an article about it.

I knew what he meant because my dad has been ranting about it for the past month as a great and stupid thing rolled into one. Great, because it means people don't have to pay for a license or safety training in different counties if they move. Stupid, because every dumbass can carry around a pistol even if they don't know what a safety is. I think the stupid outweighs the benefits, but we disagree on that point.

West Virginia is working on a similar bill.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Both bills were probably written by the same people.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Kennesaw was a tiny rural area with no crime rate that became an upper middle class exurb of Atlanta (also no crime). It also has gun ownership rates of less than 50% despite the law. It is the least relevant example one could possibly conceive.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Oh god it's perfect.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

archangelwar posted:

Kennesaw was a tiny rural area with no crime rate that became an upper middle class exurb of Atlanta (also no crime). It also has gun ownership rates of less than 50% despite the law. It is the least relevant example one could possibly conceive.

Also they just approved a mosque, which made wingnuts howl.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

snorch posted:

Oh god it's perfect.

Please LIKE and SHARE.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Emron posted:

Please LIKE and SHARE.

I would, but all my FB friends are German and the joke would go right over their heads.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

IndustrialApe posted:

Indeed it is, the entire smiley is based on one of Geert Wilders' partymembers using a Prince Flag to decorate his office in parliament and denying the racist connotations. :)

Are the racist connotations solely from the Prince Flag's time as the flag of apartheid-era South Africa, or is there some preexisting racist meaning?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

Are the racist connotations solely from the Prince Flag's time as the flag of apartheid-era South Africa, or is there some preexisting racist meaning?
I think because it's popular with certain nationalist and right wing parties, because it is old, and so has gained a connotation. Nats love old flags.

It's a shame really, because it's a better color scheme than the same red/white/blue as France, half the Slavic world, and half of the Anglosphere.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Also they just approved a mosque, which made wingnuts howl.

They were just forced to approve a temporary worship space for a Muslim congregation under threat of legal action due to blatant discrimination, because the wingnut howling was taken as enough legal reason to deny the permit in the first place, while trying to claim that it was about traffic and zoning issues, despite the fact that Kennesaw has permanent churches in strip malls. It's still bumfuck in a lot of ways, but it's bumfuck with a mall and a University.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

People falling for satire is the best. Remember the Abortionplex fiasco? That was so cool, I wish I was the Onion.

I honestly find it inconceivable that so many people are so unfathomably stupid that they can't tell whether stuff like that Onion article or the previously posted National Report article is satire. I'm generally pretty tolerant of people having terrible opinions, but it's the sheer stupidity involved in being unable to detect obvious satire that absolutely stuns me. Like, not stupidity along the lines of "I vote for Bush because I want to have a beer with him" or stuff indicating biases and what have you, but the sort of stupidity that indicates that a person's brain is actually not working correctly.

I generally find "inability to detect satire (in one's native language)" to be possibly the best litmus test for whether someone is too stupid to engage with.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ytlaya posted:

I honestly find it inconceivable that so many people are so unfathomably stupid that they can't tell whether stuff like that Onion article or the previously posted National Report article is satire. I'm generally pretty tolerant of people having terrible opinions, but it's the sheer stupidity involved in being unable to detect obvious satire that absolutely stuns me. Like, not stupidity along the lines of "I vote for Bush because I want to have a beer with him" or stuff indicating biases and what have you, but the sort of stupidity that indicates that a person's brain is actually not working correctly.

I generally find "inability to detect satire (in one's native language)" to be possibly the best litmus test for whether someone is too stupid to engage with.

The problem there however is that the GOP has basically become a parody of itself at this point. Several Onion articles eventually came true. Some of the opinions that were deliberately hyperbolic once again later came to reality. The best satire is also pretty hard to tell from the real thing. Yeah it would be nice if everybody could detect satire at first glance but sometimes it's subtle enough that you can't tell it apart from what it's making fun of.

But yeah, the biggest snag is that Republican ideas just are in fact that loving terrible.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Guess who has a huge man-crush on Scott Walker?

THIS WEEK IN LL101!

And if you think that 25 christians are more important than the thousands of m[b]u/b]slims being killed, thats just fine.

Thousands. Of? NOT IMPORTANT SHUT UP!

Well if a red circle said it, surely there must be real Wisconsin teachers who think it was good too!

So bravery is not about what you endure, but how many people you kill.

Because I'm sure people who've decided that Walker must be a total GENIUS actually care what Obama's transcripts actually say.

Common knowledge? Clearly the same as speculation.

How dare she use charity money for charity things! It might increase her profile by showing her doing good things - how can Republicans compete with that!

Researching, counting, same difference, right?

drat that Obama, making it so Republicans refuse to like America anymore!

And more die in a single ejaculation than have ever died in US history. Oh, are we somehow not counting that as a human baby? Huh, imagine that.

drat that Obama, paying for things that Bush left over.

WHAT BILL O'REILLY LIES!!!??!

Niagra falls freezing - totally normal, everday weather.

Its amazing how if you have a gigantic persecution complex, it looks like he persecutes Christians.

Thousands? Doesn't fit our narrative. MUST BE A LIE!

Hey look, a black man who lived through the civil rights era doesn't think Black people should be deprived guns. Wonder if any prominent Republicans would have disagreed on that.

A private company being able to practice standards of decency against graphic content, but businesses not being allowed to discriminate against customers based on sexuality? How illogical!

Ttitle

quote:

Who can spot the error…

Is the error that you don't know what give or take means?

Poor people complaining about wealth inequality? Must be jealous. Rich people doing it? How Hypocritical!

Killing them AND solving the social issue that will otherwise lead more to doing the same? What sense does that make?

Almost as if there's a difference between those who actuall act like Chrisitans, and those who scream loudly that they are and yet act nothing like them.

Long, long, long after they are in any way applicable or relevant, they endure.

No, it must be that one day they woke up and decided they wanted to kill people, right?

Oh wait, i forgot who was talking...

How can we shift the blame about gun deaths? I've got it - blame it on Abortion. THAT'LL Show we're taking this seriously!

Sticking to her principles and refusing to allow that a womans rights become irrelevant if we somehow think life begins at a younger date? What a scandal!

If you're making lots of money, you have no right to complain if you take home slightly less. Now more about how high taxes means the CEO's are literally like the poor jews in the Warsaw ghetto.

Because of course every single one of the people opposing MLK were all staunch and open atheists, right?

Its almost like where the prayer actually leads you to is somehow important, and just saying "I prayed about it" then listening to greed isn;t a good thing.

And you may be a conservative if you're less informed of reality than the comedians audience.

Coming up with policies that actively hurt others - now that is truly what Jesus would want.

Ever notice that its the people who claim all white people are labelled as racists, who invariably turn out to be ther worst racists?

Is a part of the society she says needs to be fixed? HOW DARE SHE TRY TO FIX SOMETHING!

Hey look, more "If global warming why cold" - oonly took them til the end of February.

"I once was a troll. PRAISE ME!"

Ah yes, who can forget how strong and prosperous the german economy was in 1933, with high employment and a stable currency. They were all so very rich and prosperous, and certainly not driven to right wing fascism by their poverty and desapir in the exact same way people said ISIS were.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Oh hey this is genuinely funny. I guess statistically speaking it had to happen at least once.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Yeah, that last one is amazing because that is literally what led to the rise of fascism in Germany, and helped bring extreme right wing parties into power in the last 7 years.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Ah yes, who can forget how strong and prosperous the german economy was in 1933, with high employment and a stable currency. They were all so very rich and prosperous, and certainly not driven to right wing fascism by their poverty and desapir in the exact same way people said ISIS were.

This one is brilliant, unintentionally so but still. "Thing that is true sure is ridiculous, you dumb liberals!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CHRIST. LL101 is great exercise for my scrolling finger.

I have no choice but to wait for discrete bits of that massive wad of hate to be extricated and, gemlike, polished and faceted with nuanced opinions by the posters here.

I've tried to take on the whole thing a couple times, and it's like a bile marathon. I could feel my stomach trying to digest my heart.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Brawnfire posted:

I have no choice but to wait for discrete bits of that massive wad of hate to be extricated and, gemlike, polished and faceted with nuanced opinions by the posters here.

I've tried to take on the whole thing a couple times, and it's like a bile marathon. I could feel my stomach trying to digest my heart.

I honestly don't think it's possible for someone to make that many of the same dumb strawman arguments over and over without being fully aware of it. The producer of LL101 is someone who honestly thinks very little of his audience and just feeds them the same poo poo over and over knowing they'll keep eating it up.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

I honestly don't think it's possible for someone to make that many of the same dumb strawman arguments over and over without being fully aware of it. The producer of LL101 is someone who honestly thinks very little of his audience and just feeds them the same poo poo over and over knowing they'll keep eating it up.

You should check out the conservapedia thread and User:Conservative. Mental Illness....

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brawnfire posted:

Get a free-rolling mouse wheel.
my index finger doesnt cramp as much anymore.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

I'm starting to think maybe they don't believe in cause & effect and that's the reason they get things so hosed up. The German people just collectively woke up and decided for themselves that they wanted to be evil and massacre the Jews just for shits and giggles. 9/11 was because terrorists just up and decided that they hated America and definitely not related to military adventurism or regional instability for decades prior to the event. Liberals just love killing unborn fetuses because they hate life, it's not at all related to the biological rights of women. Global warming is false because it snowed outside in the winter time, and the year after year record high temps have nothing to do with human activities, the planet just wanted to be warmer.

Normally I'd question if they had object permanence first but being as they are so fixated on Reagan they must be at least that far mentally to recognize that things don't cease to exist when they can't see them anymore.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Common knowledge? Clearly the same as speculation.

Replace the middle panel with Obama referring to the beheaded Copts as Egyptian citizens

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm starting to think maybe they don't believe in cause & effect and that's the reason they get things so hosed up. The German people just collectively woke up and decided for themselves that they wanted to be evil and massacre the Jews just for shits and giggles. 9/11 was because terrorists just up and decided that they hated America and definitely not related to military adventurism or regional instability for decades prior to the event. Liberals just love killing unborn fetuses because they hate life, it's not at all related to the biological rights of women. Global warming is false because it snowed outside in the winter time, and the year after year record high temps have nothing to do with human activities, the planet just wanted to be warmer.

Normally I'd question if they had object permanence first but being as they are so fixated on Reagan they must be at least that far mentally to recognize that things don't cease to exist when they can't see them anymore.
It was a pretty amazing moment when Ron Paul had one of his broken clock twice a day moments and correctly pointed out that Western intervention has a lot to do with why the Middle East is so hosed up, and every other GOP candidate pilloried him for it. Likewise they can't handle the idea that poverty and desperation help fuel ISIS. (Never mind that there's similarly horrific branches of Christianity causing trouble in Africa, another part of the world that got pretty phenomenally hosed by the West.) But that would involve admitting that Western culture is sometimes a negative force in history, and Our Side must Always Be Right Forever.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Guilty Spork posted:

It was a pretty amazing moment when Ron Paul had one of his broken clock twice a day moments and correctly pointed out that Western intervention has a lot to do with why the Middle East is so hosed up, and every other GOP candidate pilloried him for it. Likewise they can't handle the idea that poverty and desperation help fuel ISIS. (Never mind that there's similarly horrific branches of Christianity causing trouble in Africa, another part of the world that got pretty phenomenally hosed by the West.) But that would involve admitting that Western culture is sometimes a negative force in history, and Our Side must Always Be Right Forever.

I always liked this related image and the conversation attached to it:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fulchrum posted:

Niagra falls freezing - totally normal, everday weather.

To be fair Niagra Falls freezing in the winter is not common but far from unheard of. It's still hilarious how they keep reverting to "if global warming why cold"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Fulchrum posted:

Because I'm sure people who've decided that Walker must be a total GENIUS actually care what Obama's transcripts actually say.

They probably don't even know what's on a college transcript.

Oh look, Obama just released his transcript.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Anyway, PArt 2! see if you can pick up on the major theme of this part.

Those crafty Democrats, making the bill more than a page so that no Republican would be able to read it and know whats in it!

People can be sensible and pay for their own roads. What, make me pay for health insurance? TYRANNY!

So, its an admission that Walmart can do that, they just shouldn't have the government tell them to, because GOVMENT BAD!

Yeah, Mcchesney sure has said anyone calling him marxist is attacking him

We also completely got rid of straw!

And because Net Neutrality means conservatives don't get to use the internet, nobody saw Drudges site at all to get that message.

Because there is such a history of people trying to force politicians to get high.

Ah yes, you know, all the gun producing facilities in Mexico and Colombia will just increase production.

I'm not even gonna bother responding to these. Its just complete OppositeOfReality.jpg

LIKE if you agree to what is universally seen as a completely braindead partisan statement.

Net Neutrality is like the first days of Healthcare.Gov. See, they both involve the government DOING SOMETHING!

Its amazing how insulting people where they can't hear you, leads to them not being insulted.

Allowing people to believe unscientific things that won't affect others, but not things that will affect others? HYPOCRISY!

Nothing I can say here would make this sound any less retarded than it does by itself.

Yes, the LIBRUL MEDIA sure did hate that Ronald Reagan. And no other conservative has ever been made fun of, certainly not the cratering joke that is Palin.

At this point they're just taking arguments for net neutrality, and replacing "cable companies" with "Big government".

Cops getting away with serious crimes means no-one should be arrested for wielding a deadly weapon without a liscence.

Because Liberals sure do think anything 200 years old should be completely unregulated and unliscenced.

Its amazing how they only got around to this in the last week of February.

Why does the president get to decide how laws are carried out? What does he think his job is?

So even when making up fake headlines to tyr and mock others, they still put in "Republicans shut down government".

There's a lot of this. Website didn't work once, therefore government shouldn't do anything ever related to internet.

Oh, I bet Obama never expected a Republican to try and bring up Benghazi! Sick burn!

Anyone who actively wants to argue with liberals regardless of the topic or facts, is obviously someone with deep seated racial issues. Correct.

You know, 500 million lines of code, 3 million lines of code, same difference, right?

"Why do Liberals keep saying our insisting the earth is oinly 6000 years old makes us look stupid!"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Fulchrum posted:

People can be sensible and pay for their own roads. What, make me pay for health insurance? TYRANNY!

They didn't have to use eminent domain to make your car.

The last guy on the assembly line can't be like "nope, not gonna put this part on until you pay me 10 million bucks."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fulchrum posted:

I'm not even gonna bother responding to these. Its just complete OppositeOfReality.jpg
"Data someone else wants having equal priority to data I want right now = bad." - An adult.

Fulchrum posted:

Nothing I can say here would make this sound any less retarded than it does by itself.

Fulchrum posted:

Cops getting away with serious crimes means no-one should be arrested for wielding a deadly weapon without a liscence.
Even in the gun control paradises of Europe there are exceptions for obvious antiques where there is no intention to fire them. The NJ case does seem like some BS.

Fulchrum posted:

There's a lot of this. Website didn't work once, therefore government shouldn't do anything ever related to internet.
Government should spend more on health and other public services and less on spying on people (and other military ventures). A good picture.

e:

VideoTapir posted:

The last guy on the assembly line can't be like "nope, not gonna put this part on until you pay me 10 million bucks."
Let me tell you about them unions :bahgawd:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guavanaut posted:

Even in the gun control paradises of Europe there are exceptions for obvious antiques where there is no intention to fire them. The NJ case does seem like some BS.
It was in his glove compartment and in working order, so its pretty obvious it was inteded to be fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't think that would count as intent, at least not as defined by a court. It was unloaded and there was no powder or balls stored with it. He hadn't brandished it or made any threat to fire it either.

Looks like they used prosecutorial discretion and dismissed the charges anyway.