Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I think I'll try this. I'll probably just take it apart and rebuild it when I have some time. Not dying to because it takes forever to build and I'm not even a huge fan of the set but it needs to be done and it's just in storage now.

I'm really wishing the regular SW sets came with stands. Just grabbed the B-wing yesterday and they did a good job with it, but it's lame it has to just sit there in landing mode. Is there a good place to buy parts to build stands for ships?

Bricklink, ebay, Lego Store PAB, craigslist, bulk brick packs at department & toy stores...you usually don't need anything terribly fancy for a stand. Some 2x2 columns (maybe cylinders with a technic rod for lateral stability) are generally good enough, but you could always go fancy with technic or use stanchions or solid pillars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Don't know if its been mentioned to the Canada goons but Lego's are 40% off at target

Grabbed the blackbird for 40 tax included in Mississauga

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I can't find the race speed champions sets anywhere in Winnipeg but I did find the double decker couch and couldn't resist it. :3:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

NESguerilla posted:

I'm really wishing the regular SW sets came with stands. Just grabbed the B-wing yesterday and they did a good job with it, but it's lame it has to just sit there in landing mode. Is there a good place to buy parts to build stands for ships?

I filled half a PAB cup once with the 2 x 1 x 2 transparent windows, and use those to build stands for my ships.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Ika posted:

I filled half a PAB cup once with the 2 x 1 x 2 transparent windows, and use those to build stands for my ships.

Same here, a few times I hit the local Lego store PAB for all kinds of trans clear pieces and a some small black plates for bases. I'd take a picture but the Lego shelves are in a room no one goes in and are embarassingly dusty.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I ended up finding the X-Men set and Benny's Spaceship^3 on clearance at a Target finally. Not crazy stupid deals but I walked out with them for $120 post-tax so I'll call it a pretty good deal.

The X-Men set wasn't awful, but I mostly got it for the minifigures... the Spaceship was a fun build though, and it looks awesome. I'm now running out of room for all these large sets, though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I need to check out my Target. They were really poo poo on stock and deals for along time but maybe there's some good buys now. TRU has a pretty good 20% off deal on all City and Minecraft sets. Picked up that sweet orange speedboat with trailer and the work truck with the port-a-potty. That thing is so cool, especially with the toilet paper. Also there's an online coupon for $5 off $25+ for TRU too so it's a good time to stock up on some sets at TRU.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Electrophotonic posted:

Its super :spergin: but while building I couldn't help coming up with a narrative for its design.

I unashamedly do the same thing when I'm making my spaceships.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ika posted:

I had to google what this was but that's pretty awesome. I have been meaning to stop by the Lego store and I have to get a couple of these cups when I do. Do they have a pretty good selection on the wall? I'd like to grab some technic pieces for the stands so they can be adjusted. Also, been wanting to build some MOC but have been hesitant to pull apart the Star Wars sets so that should be a good way to get some pieces to build stuff with.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Picked up one of the green lantern sets. I couldn't resist the Sinestro minifig.

My 2 year old decided we wanted one of the Elves sets. Farran and the Crystal Hollow. Really impressive little set.

All the small bits and clear pieces make it about the worst set in the world to build with a 2 year old though!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

NESguerilla posted:

I had to google what this was but that's pretty awesome. I have been meaning to stop by the Lego store and I have to get a couple of these cups when I do. Do they have a pretty good selection on the wall? I'd like to grab some technic pieces for the stands so they can be adjusted. Also, been wanting to build some MOC but have been hesitant to pull apart the Star Wars sets so that should be a good way to get some pieces to build stuff with.

The selection is often fairly basic, you'll never have technic pieces and it doesn't seem to vary too much. I stop by a lego store once or twice a year and lately haven't been grabbing anything since its still the exact same pieces. But sometimes its great to grab a bunch of plates or flat tiles or slopes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

^^^cool. Think I'll just see what they have sometime this week.

So I stopped by my buddy's house who's selling his Lego today. His collection is absolutely insane. I've never seen so many Lego in my life. It took every fiber in my being not to bankrupt myself. He must have 20 grand worth of em.

Scored all this for 200 dollars though which was awesome.

He's saving the UCS B-wing for me as well which I'm gonna pick up in a month and I'll probably lay off after that. He also has the UCS super star destroyer which I'd love to buy,but I don't really have the space or money for it. It's probably the coolest and hugest set I've ever seen though.

Edit: Massive phone posting table breakage sorryVVVV

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 10, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please thumbnail that :(

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

NESguerilla posted:

He also has the UCS super star destroyer which I'd love to buy,but I don't really have the space or money for it.

Ugh I want that so bad. I was looking at piecing it out but it's like a bazillion pieces and even without minifigs it's like 1000+ bucks.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I need to stop visiting Walmarts... Saturday and today did mini-road trips into rural MN and Wisconsin. Probably over a dozen walmarts, and I netted a ton of TMNT, Chima, and Ninjago, along with 4 Guardian's of the Galaxy Milano's, all at 50% off or better. Plus when I am out and about for work I've been stopping by any I pass to check the clearance.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I got a set of Lego as a semi-joke last Christmas, but now I'm hooked. The quality and designs have seriously gone up since I was a kid. I snagged a full set of Castle '13 and Pirates '15, along with a Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, and Ecto-1, plus some Classic and Minifigures (including a lucky Hotdog Man pull :haw:). Any good recommendations on some good sets to buy right now? I wasn't interested in the Simpsons House because all the minifigures had custom expressions that didn't really fit, and the blind bag series was out of print so I couldn't get the 'standard' ones, but if the Kwik-E-Mart leak is real I might have to get them both and just get the regular figures second-hand.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Lunar Limo and Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP

A literal space pimpmobile, complete with literal space pimp, and a masterfully designed throwback to Classic Space.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

masterfully designed Classic Space.

They really don't make'em like they used to :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

A literal space pimpmobile, complete with literal space pimp, and a masterfully designed throwback to Classic Space.

I've never been much into Space-themed sets (although they do look totally awesome). My jam was the late 90s stuff like Adventurers (what ever happened to Johnny Thunder?) and Fright Knights.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Alabaster White posted:

... but if the Kwik-E-Mart leak is real I might have to get them both and just get the regular figures second-hand.

It's real. You never really get elaborate fake leaks of Lego.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Alabaster White posted:

I've never been much into Space-themed sets (although they do look totally awesome). My jam was the late 90s stuff like Adventurers (what ever happened to Johnny Thunder?) and Fright Knights.

While not the literal same theme, Lego revisits "themes" regularly. You may want to look into the Pharaohs Quest sets(there was so many they can't be too expensive) or the monster Hunter sets(more recent, but popular and discontinued. Probs expensive).

Also the Friends line had some jungle adventures sets this last year if pink and purple are your bag.

(Also pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, The Hobbit, and Harry Potter had some that would fit the bill I think)

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 10, 2015

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

They really don't make'em like they used to :(

In the future we'll all be riding Rascals on the Moon.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

RodShaft posted:

While not the literal same theme, Lego revisits "themes" regularly. You may want to look into the Pharaohs Quest sets(there was so many they can't be too expensive) or the monster Hunter sets(more recent, but popular and discontinued. Probs expensive).

Also the Friends line had some jungle adventures sets this last year if pink and purple are your bag.

(Also pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, The Hobbit, and Harry Potter had some that would fit the bill I think)

I saw Pharaoh's Quest and thought it was pretty interesting, but they're discontinued and buying stuff online/second-hand in Canada sucks. All the sets are ludicrously overpriced on Amazon: the Pyramid is $350+, and that's before shipping. Is there any way to not pay through the nose or am I just boned?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

I saw Pharaoh's Quest and thought it was pretty interesting, but they're discontinued and buying stuff online/second-hand in Canada sucks. All the sets are ludicrously overpriced on Amazon: the Pyramid is $350+, and that's before shipping. Is there any way to not pay through the nose or am I just boned?

Never buy discontinued on Amazon. Go to bricklink or ebay; those will basically always have sets near reasonable market value, especially since you can easily get opened/used. You can get the Scorpion Pyramid for $100 on bricklink and tends to go for between $60 and $140 on ebay. There's one up right now that closes in 4 days for $67 with 2 bids.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

So I stopped by my buddy's house who's selling his Lego today. His collection is absolutely insane. I've never seen so many Lego in my life. It took every fiber in my being not to bankrupt myself. He must have 20 grand worth of em.

Let me know if he has any older Hoth mini sets (e.g. 7749), the Tantive IV (10198), or the Desert Skiff (9496). I don't know why I scoffed at them and didn't pick them up at the time of their release.

:negative:

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

Captain Invictus posted:

Vote for lunar limo, there's a cop in the trunk, really the best set ever.

The SP3 gas station is actually super nice and has lots of hidden extras, and there's a tie-in to a separate set thats a (space) tow truck that rips out (space) ATMs and is operated by the robot clone of the gas-station owner. (This is Lego canon).

The bad guy sets are vastly cooler than the police sets being %100 honest.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I bought a Lunar Limo right at the end of it's life seeing it praised so highly in this thread, it is awesome. So cool I recently looked at prices on http://brickset.com/sets/5973-1/Hyperspeed-Pursuit because it also had a cool spaceship/hotrod thing going on.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

poo poo, I accidentally knocked over my Modulars and they shattered into a massive pile of bricks and semi-built walls. Is there any way to rebuild them quickly or am I going to just have to dismantle everything, sort through every little part, and go from scratch?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a sign.

A sign that perhaps more realistic things are not meant to be, and you should embrace the cold, spacy embrace of Benny's Spaceship X3 and the Lunar Limo.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a sign.

A sign that perhaps more realistic things are not meant to be, and you should embrace the cold, spacy embrace of Benny's Spaceship X3 and the Lunar Limo.

I guess I should actually go and watch the Lego Movie then, huh? I'm kind of afraid to because I know it'll make me want to spend money I don't have :(

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
That thing looks straight out of Futurama.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Slugworth posted:

That thing looks straight out of Futurama.

It really is incredible.

It's also really goddamn long.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

NESguerilla posted:

He's saving the UCS B-wing for me as well which I'm gonna pick up in a month and I'll probably lay off after that. He also has the UCS super star destroyer which I'd love to buy,but I don't really have the space or money for it. It's probably the coolest and hugest set I've ever seen though.

I'd love to get his super star destroyer if his price is anywhere around reasonable. I'm ready to replace my UCS star destroyer. Executor was always my favorite.

Whupsy.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 12, 2015

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Bushifox posted:

I'd love to get his super star destroyer if his price is anywhere around reasonable. I'm ready to replace my UCS star destroyer. Executioner was always my favorite.

That's the Executor
:goonsay:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Pyroclastic posted:

That's the Executor
:goonsay:

I don't even deserve it now. My Star Wars geekdom has failed me.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Bushifox posted:

Turn in your crusty jorts and your inhaler. You're a jock now.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Bushifox posted:

Your avatar would have so much to say right now in the snarkiest of tones.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I bought a Lunar Limo right at the end of it's life seeing it praised so highly in this thread, it is awesome. So cool I recently looked at prices on http://brickset.com/sets/5973-1/Hyperspeed-Pursuit because it also had a cool spaceship/hotrod thing going on.

Totally owns, bought one with misaligned stickers and fixed it all, better with than without for sure.

The brick racing stripe is a nice touch.

Lunar Limo is better without the body stickers, but the brick mamba bumper sticker/license plate cannot be skipped.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Kwik-E-Mart Reveal photos, holy crap.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-simpsons-kwik-e-mart-hi-res-photos-revealed/

It looks like most of those items for sale are printed and not stickers. I love the coolers, they packed a lot of little details inside of the Mart. I held off on the house but I'm definitely going to have to get this one.

Series 2 Minifigs

DrChud fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn that set must cost a fortune with all those custom printed bricks.