Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Why would HBO include the storyline that allows them to introduce a trio of hot, young female characters in a hot climate? What a confusing decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Lycus posted:

Why would HBO include the storyline that allows them to introduce a trio of hot, young female characters in a hot climate? What a confusing decision.

The real question is why did they cut it down to three?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arbite posted:

Less Sand Snake salaries mean more cash for VFX artists to make dragons and giant golden harpies falling off of pyramids and maybe even the loving Wall tumbling down... if they get to that this season.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Those were children, iirc.

and there's such a lack of precedence for HBO taking child characters and turning them into barely legal hotties

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I hope there's more cool skeletons this season too. Throwing mana-bombs at previously mentioned children.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The internet is for Dorne.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Iron Lung posted:

I hope there's more cool skeletons this season too. Throwing mana-bombs at previously mentioned children.

I am getting quite hype for the Ash vs. Evil Dead series.

And HODEs, come back before the premiere; I'm cookin something up.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man, now ISIS is attacking Ireland? Will this war on terror never end?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

Man, now ISIS is attacking Ireland? Will this war on terror never end?

No, that was definitely the work of Chechens

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SaviourX posted:

I am getting quite hype for the Ash vs. Evil Dead series.

Tell me more about this

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Heh what if that Dornish guy Jaime fights is Dorkstar? It could be Areo but I could see them going either way with mentioning not-Russia

Dollars to donuts they're going to have Jaime get seduced by Ellaria instead of Oakheart.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I think Lucy Lawless is in that new Evil dead thing, so that will be cool!

And you think Jaime was going to be seduced by Oakheart? I guess that would add a pretty interesting new dynamic to the show.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

visceril posted:

Heh what if that Dornish guy Jaime fights is Dorkstar? It could be Areo but I could see them going either way with mentioning not-Russia

Dollars to donuts they're going to have Jaime get seduced by Ellaria instead of Oakheart.

They cast Areo Hotah as a large black man so not-Russia is probably just the Summer Isles.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Arbite posted:

Because George vomits characters unnecessarily.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Well they need some way to kill Jaime since lady stoneheart can't do it, maybe areo hotah will get him.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aurain posted:

God drat it, they're really at the *~*Daario*~* bit.

Still really prefer the first one. There was just something so weird about him. Like some kind of animal/man hybrid or something.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Still really prefer the first one. There was just something so weird about him. Like some kind of animal/man hybrid or something.

He at least looked different and distinctive whereas the new one looks like just about every other generic handsome bearded dude on the show.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

savinhill posted:

He at least looked different and distinctive whereas the new one looks like just about every other generic handsome bearded dude on the show.

Yeah Dario always screamed hot but sleazy to me. New Dario is not sleazy enough. I want the male version of like, Kesha or whoever.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's just not the same.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Who the gently caress cares if they nail Daario, I'm just glad they finally have a great Mountain. I thought the first one was alright too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nine-gear crow posted:

The one that's got me the most intrigued is Brienne and Pod in the snow. You think the show would throw us a giant gently caress off curve ball and just send them to The Wall instead of "I'm looking for a maiden of 4-and-shut uuuuuuuuup :byodood:"?

No more of a curveball than the idea that Sansa just went to winterfell with the Knights of the Vale while Stannis is still alive and the Boltons are setup there.

Hunky Joe posted:

Duh. Dorne is a HOT place where HBO will get a chance to flaunt gratuitous amounts of nudity and that equals big bucks and ratings.

Can't wait for the part where Doran is watching the fountains turn into a soft core sapphic erotica scene.

I didn't realize HBO hired Aatrek to write an episode.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Evil Fluffy posted:

I didn't realize HBO hired Aatrek to write an episode.

He didn't agree with the casting of Emilia Clarke.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

FreudianSlippers posted:

The internet is for Dorne.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Who the gently caress cares if they nail Daario, I'm just glad they finally have a great Mountain. I thought the first one was alright too.

I like the new Mountain as a guy, but I can't get over how young he is relative to the Hound.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

I like the new Mountain as a guy, but I can't get over how young he is relative to the Hound.

Well, see heroin milk of the poppy inhibits testosterone and thus, hair loss (preemptive: he's juicing too.)

/tcc

And now that he's R. Strong are we even going to see his head again? Seems like a non issue unless they make a lot of changes.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Ague Proof posted:

He didn't agree with the casting of Emilia Clarke.

I'm sure he supplied his own list of "potential candidates" from his own private listing.

And, coming from a book that has various amounts of pedophilia, GRRM probably agreed to many of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hunky Joe posted:

I'm sure he supplied his own list of "potential candidates" from his own private listing.

And, coming from a book that has various amounts of pedophilia, GRRM probably agreed to many of them.

"Although I know the perfect man for Daario!"

*takes off lovely hat with turtle pin, winks*

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Aurain posted:

"Although I know the perfect man for Daario!"

*takes off lovely hat with turtle pin, winks*

Daario's line about "always having a choice" is taken almost word for word from Aatrek's trial.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Pratchett is dead, long live the GURM

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Klungar posted:

The Pratchett is dead, long live the GURM

The universe wept...

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Oh man, Pratchett's final tweets. What a chap.

If Grrm saw his death coming I'm sure he'd try to sell one last water logged calendar.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Junkenstein posted:

Oh man, Pratchett's final tweets. What a chap.

If Grrm saw his death coming I'm sure he'd try to sell one last water logged calendar.

no, i think that he would do like his master robert jordan did and turn his fetishes up to eleven

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hogge Wild posted:

no, i think that he would do like his master robert jordan did and turn his fetishes up to eleven

That would be an age-up.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That was actually his daughter tweeting for him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Junkenstein posted:

I want to see the form GRRM would fill out to request his last meal on death row.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Aurain posted:

I want to see the form GRRM would fill out to request his last meal on death row.

"Just a bowl of oatmeal for me, please. I've got a book to write and need to take better care of myself."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Aurain posted:

When asked noose or sword, he screamed 1.8 million words

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Aurain posted:

It would be a loving tome, but he'd never finish writing it. Which isn't a bad strategy, mind you.

However, the absolute fucker is not actually on death row and has no reason not to finish the books.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I don't fault GRRM for enjoying the celebrity status and working on interesting side projects. It's the constant teasing of "Hey, maybe the book will be released in 2015! PSYCH! NOPE!" that is killing me. And I got into the series after season 1 of the show; I can't imagine how rough it is for you folks who've been reading it from early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mouse Dresser posted:

I can't imagine how rough it is for you folks who've been reading it from early on.

If you ever want to go on a real journey through time and space, read the archived versions of this thread. You can watch a decade of anger and hate build into what it is today.