Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Replace the beam rifle with one that can fit one of those beam bayonets, and give it a beam sabre in the other hand.

A GM Striker's Double-Bladed Beam Lance in each hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Replace the beam rifle with one that can fit one of those beam bayonets, and give it a beam sabre in the other hand.

boom boom boom posted:

A GM Striker's Double-Bladed Beam Lance in each hand

The Beam Axe/Pike from System Weapon 007. Buy two, stick the rocket launchers on another kit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wait, no. just stick Garazzo hands on it

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Why are no beam sabers coming out of its crotch and toes? What the hell is this bs.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you use currently gundamguy as a news source I would advise against it. He has been taking images from other sites and watermarking them as his for a long time. He definitely knows about it since he deletes any comments talking about it. Not sourcing images and then putting your own watermark is literally theft.

Dont even give him the traffic

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
He's a scumfuck and I'll never buy from him, but I fail to see what boycotting his blog is supposed to accomplish.

If there's a better alternative I'll certainly consider it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ka0 posted:

Why are no beam sabers coming out of its crotch and toes? What the hell is this bs.

Exactly! Monkey hand feet beam sabers.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Fauxtool posted:

If you use currently gundamguy as a news source I would advise against it. He has been taking images from other sites and watermarking them as his for a long time. He definitely knows about it since he deletes any comments talking about it. Not sourcing images and then putting your own watermark is literally theft.

So what exactly are my alternatives please (also I hate that stupid header)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate because as much of a douchebag as he is, and how much he over marks up his products, and everything else about him being a terrible person, there's really no other sources for that kind of info. Or, at the very least, no other aggregators that are as comprehensive. And he'll probably stay that way until he goes the way of Ngee Khiong.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I've got two sites i use for news besides GG.

https://www.gunjap.net is okay for Gunpla news and features some nice buildups that GG doesn't. The guy who runs it is loving nuts, though, and the layout kind of blows.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com covers much the same news as GG and also has a lot of cool buildups the other sites don't, but it is a genuine pain in the rear end to navigate: I hate having to click on every single link just to see what's inside and I don't see why everything has to be so loving small.

So yeah, as much as GG sucks I'm not likely to stop using his site as long as it's the most comprehensive and painless one available. Can't get too upset about his slapping a watermark on someone else's scan of someone else's copyrighted material, either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fauxtool posted:

I just scrolled through the first page and I didn't see any pictures with watermarks on them.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He usually only does it on posters and scans.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bimmi posted:

https://www.gunjap.net is okay for Gunpla news and features some nice buildups that GG doesn't. The guy who runs it is loving nuts, though, and the layout kind of blows.
Crazy in what way? Cause I tend to use gunjap over GG's blog because I don't like GG. :ohdear:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

gunjap doesn't include a link to the modelers site when they rip images for their galleries, which is weird.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Zedd posted:

Crazy in what way? Cause I tend to use gunjap over GG's blog because I don't like GG. :ohdear:

He has some ongoing feud with the Gunpla subreddit which occasionally leaks into his blog and paints him as something of a ranting delusional assclown. He also changed his site code a few months back to disable drag-and-dropping of pics, which just seems like a petty dick move seeing as he doesn't own any of the images.

My main beef with his blog is that it's not very comprehensive or consistent: I feel I can check it a couple times per week and not really miss much, whereas GG and GKC manage a pretty high daily output.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.taghobby.com/

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Bimmi posted:

He also changed his site code a few months back to disable drag-and-dropping of pics, which just seems like a petty dick move seeing as he doesn't own any of the images.

Is that meant to be an obstacle or a misguided attempt to be tablet/mobile/touch friendly? Because clicking on the image brings it up in its own window and then you can drag it. Plus, just in general, you can use inspect element on anything these days and get it, even if its being hot swapped by code or part of a weird background or whatever.

Seems like if he's trying to do it for some 'don't steal' reason, it's totally futile.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It adds one or more extra unnecessary steps for every pic on his site I'd like to save, which can be a lot depending on the article, so I usually don't bother anymore.

He also seems sufficiently paranoid that I can easily see this being some fuckwitted DO NOT STEAL move, even if it's an ineffective one.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 16, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i think you should properly credit artists, even if their art is childrens model kits

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Sharkopath posted:

i think you should properly credit artists, especially if their art is childrens model kits

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Seconding. Like, if you just want to know what is coming out and when, just go here really. Prefer it to most blogs in English unless I really need to know something about a release.

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 17, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Apparently I took a file to my Miss Sazabi while drunk. :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I love HG Powered GM Cardigan to death, but it has a hard time standing up by itself. I always think, it's going to fall and hurt itself. I think its time to put it in the home.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It only took a year but I finally got around to finishing it.
I broke the bottom third of the v-fin and lost the double-beam handle and ruined it with a file but for my first kit I'm okay with it. I learned a whole lot.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I love HG Powered GM Cardigan to death, but it has a hard time standing up by itself. I always think, it's going to fall and hurt itself. I think its time to put it in the home.

Huh. Mine has been surprisingly stable, even balanced on the toes of one foot. You can do a lot for the balance by tinkering with the backpack arms to get the weight distribution just right.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
This is a Zaku 2.0 recolor, right? http://smile.amazon.com/Gundam-MS-0...er+grade+gundam

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I was supposed to be studying today, but ended up doing more work on my Exia RII. To avoid further temptation I decided to fully assemble what I had (and found out I'm missing some parts :smith:), and since one of my club members was also working on an Exia we decided to take a quick shot of them together.

I'm actually kind of sad I chose designers' colors for my RII now, because with the primer on it looks like the original lineart. Eh. Anyways the camera basically murdered the shades of blue we had (mine is really washed out, his is very purple) but everything else still looks alright. If all goes well I should finish up my Exia next week, after finals.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Man, how come every Japanese store front has the Gerbera Tetra on backorder but Amazon Co UK got in on direct order (from Japanese retailers)? I don't really fancy paying double for the Amazon option but can wait for it, does backordering work out from say, HLJ? It says 4-6 weeks, can that be trusted?

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
This is anecdotal, but I've had Gerbera Tetra on order from HLJ since, ah, the first week of January, now that I check.

Guess it's popular.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I got my Gerbera off ebay, I've never been able to buy from hobbylink japan.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hmm, might have to go with Amazon on that one then. I've noticed HLJ doesn't really stock anything that isn't currently running beyond a few kits (Char's Zaku and that sort of thing, whatever left over they haven't sold from something else).

Instead I ordered a Cima's Gelgoog, the Marasai (Unicorn version) and the Stark Jegan. Discounting a little extra in shipment costs that's about the same price as the Gerbera from the UK.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone in Europe is going to get hit at customs ordering from HLJ, since HLJ declare the full value on the parcel.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Lock Knight posted:

This is anecdotal, but I've had Gerbera Tetra on order from HLJ since, ah, the first week of January, now that I check.

Guess it's popular.

I got mine from Amazon in about a month. :shrug:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Anyone in Europe is going to get hit at customs ordering from HLJ, since HLJ declare the full value on the parcel.

Not here, because anything below 1400 SEK / 19 337 YEN (without shipping costs) is customs free :sweden:

The custom for this sort of kit is only like 4.7% too. Of course there's... VAT (25%, ouchie) and "handling fees" that may still apply. Didn't get any last time, but you never know.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Everything above 21 Euro's (including shipping) gets hit with ~10% Import taxes and a handydandy ~€19,- processing fee. Above €250 would be actual sales taxes.
I never minded paying taxes on plastic robots, but the loving baseline fee is stupidly out of proportion for my usual packages. :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Ouch, yeah. Luckily the customs here don't seem terribly interested in light-weight packages, too busy hunting for butter and meat smugglers (and just because I say that they'll no doubt take special interest in this next package :v:).

Too bad the central bank here keeps lowering the interest rate, now at -0.25%. loving murder on the exchange rate :smithicide:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm also completely fine with VAT (other than the fact that it's a regressive tax :v:), but yeah, the customs fees are utter bullshit. In the UK, you also need to pay a handling fee just for having the privilege of paying the customs fee. I mentioned it before, but I orderd £50 of kits from HLJ (P&P included) and got hit with £25 in fees, of which only £11 was VAT.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 18, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

How does the customs stuff work with HLJ in the US? I've got several kits and some supplies sitting there now and, being new to this, didn't expect any hassle beyond regular shipping. :ohdear:
Everything I've ordered from Japan previously was from individual sellers and much smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

dogsicle posted:

How does the customs stuff work with HLJ in the US? I've got several kits and some supplies sitting there now and, being new to this, didn't expect any hassle beyond regular shipping. :ohdear:
Everything I've ordered from Japan previously was from individual sellers and much smaller.

It's untaxed. Don't worry unless you're ordering a literal shipping container via freight.