Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

chumbler posted:

Would've preferred regular Wing Fenice, but I'll take it.

Can't you just take one of the wings off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Can we get an MG R-Gyagya and R-Jarja next? :ohdear:

No.

Although that would be bitchin'.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Can't you just take one of the wings off?

Motorcyle?
Beam mantle????
Robo-eye-scar???

Also theyre still fairly different.

KoB
May 1, 2009
quote is not edit.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Zedd posted:

Gundam X Maoh and Normal Fenice being the other 2?

Amazing Exia and normal Fenice. So probably one web shop exclusive. Possibly two. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Yeah Rinascita has a lot less tan bits.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Actually I'm really surprised there've been no MG Bearguys yet.

Granted, the box required to fit that gigantic frickin' head might be unfeasibly huge, but I can't believe Bandai would pass up a chance to milk a 12-year-old mold.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 23, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

We need an MG X Maoh just so we can feed on BlizBlast's pain at having to make yet another MG Gundam X.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am really happy about the mg fenice R coming out, because I am an idiot and manage to lose the chest gem on the hg version I have.

Also the design owns.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

We need an MG X Maoh just so we can feed on BlizBlast's pain at having to make yet another MG Gundam X.

With web shop exclusive Maoh Sword parts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

I wouldn't be too sorry for him - I'm pretty sure that's the sort of pain you pay hundreds of dollars for at discreet back-ally clubs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

DigitalRaven posted:

What do you mean make? MGs are for displaying unopened. That's what the box art is for!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
A common beginner's mistake. He'll learn.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Maybe if I ever finish working through these 1/100s.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I don't have anything unbuilt. Of course I'm also a filthy person who doesn't paint anything.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Gunpla is freedom. Build or don't build what you want, how you want, when you want.

If you want.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a plain Zaku kit that uses the same joints and bits as the Zaku Amazing? The only one with those I've seen is the Char version.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How do you paint the tubes on a MG zaku?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

An Angry Bug posted:

Is there a plain Zaku kit that uses the same joints and bits as the Zaku Amazing? The only one with those I've seen is the Char version.

Not quite "plain" but the HGUC Hi-Mobility Zakus (Black Tri-Stars, Shin Matsunaga, Johnny Ridden) are essentially the same base kit as the Amazing.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks. Any idea when a normal mobility version might come out?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
HG Origin version is due to hit pretty soon, but that's going to be another completely new mold and is kind of stylistically its own beast.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For the gunpla diviners in the thread, do you think there is a decent chance we'll see an MG G-Arcane? I know the G-Self is guaranteed, but I couldn't care less about it while the G-Arcane is actually cool.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chumbler posted:

For the gunpla diviners in the thread, do you think there is a decent chance we'll see an MG G-Arcane? I know the G-Self is guaranteed, but I couldn't care less about it while the G-Arcane is actually cool.

In the immediate future, I think it's pretty unlikely, honestly the only 2 ones I can think of them making with any haste is an MG G-Self, and maybe an MG Kabakari or whatever Mask's last one is.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

I feel like a release of all three of the gundams is gonna happen eventually. When you have three really important protagonist suits you'd think you'd get them all, at some time. Obviously G-Self first, maybe the G-Arcane later. G-Lucifer will be last, probably many years later, but still an eventual release, especially if the HGs have been selling well.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
WIP In Progress Hy Gogg:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
They're clearly in no hurry even to get to the G-Self. I'd say MGs of anything else from that show are very, very unlikely.

There have been rumors of G-Reco MSV kits to follow the TV line though, so maybe it will gain enough traction that we'll eventually see a few.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
peeNamaste, that is god damned gorgeous.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Like G-Self this year or next, G-Arcane either shortly after or a couple years later, and G-Lucifer at some point. Hopefully.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

An Angry Bug posted:

peeNamaste, that is god damned gorgeous.

Thanks :) I've been working really hard on it, and it's finally starting to come together.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Any word yet on what we will be getting after G Reco and Build Fighters is over? Besides the Origin movies.

G Reco got so many good (underused) suits its a shame to not see them in more stuff.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pimpmust posted:

Any word yet on what we will be getting after G Reco and Build Fighters is over? Besides the Origin movies.

G Reco got so many good (underused) suits its a shame to not see them in more stuff.

Supposedly another season of Build Fighters is already in the works.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

I hope they don't make the TRY mistake of adding so many antagonists that we don't know what the gently caress is going on.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

everythingWasBees posted:

I feel like a release of all three of the gundams is gonna happen eventually. When you have three really important protagonist suits you'd think you'd get them all, at some time.

Counterpoint:; MG AGE-3 and AGE-FX, which got as far as the prototype stage before being drop-kicked into oblivion.

W.T. Fits posted:

Of course they're going to take the one reasonably fresh idea the franchise has seen in a generation and run it into the loving ground, I'd expect nothing less.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

Counterpoint:; MG AGE-3 and AGE-FX, which got as far as the prototype stage before being drop-kicked into oblivion.

Which is a shame, since I liked the age -3 alternate modes.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Bimmi posted:

Yeah but the difference is AGE and G-Reco. One seems to have done really poorly and the suits not selling all that well from what I remember reading, and I could totally be wrong about this, while from all accounts G-Reco is doing pretty well and the models are outselling the models for Try.
This is based on hearsay and I don't have exact numbers so I could be totally off base and G-Reco could be a failure as far as numbers go!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
TRY has been good, nicer to see some back story to some of the characters instead of random people. I hope to see even more of them return after a time skip. Come on world championship!

A year or two break wouldn't be that bad though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Why do people keep saying that G-Reco's suits are selling more than Try ones?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If I remember it was based on a few articles, top sellers lists, and anecdotes This was early on in the show though, but most of the Try suits weren't doing all too well besides the Build Burning.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Grimoires propping them up for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Funny thing is when I heard for the first time I was really confused just because of the sheer volume of suits when compared between series. Then I started checking online retailers and yep, Try suits are consistently at the top and for a long time while g-reco ones pop up during pre-order and at release and then drop off.

Maybe things are different at the street.