Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I liked the first half of the first season because I thought that's what the whole show was going to be. Not interested in part 2 now...

When they ran out of new gimmicks for the robots I knew time was up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Realize that beige is the superior color and never waste any more time wondering how to paint robots.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

Realize that beige is the superior color and never waste any more time wondering how to paint robots.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That's kind of fun, what's the base kit?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It looks like it might be scratch, potentially.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

It looks like it might be scratch, potentially.

It's a 3A Toys Caesar.

Action figure not a kit, hilariously expensive, very pretty. They make them in a hundred thousand colorways with different bits that all sell out in days.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ashley Wood got incredibly rich making cool paintings of robots and naked women, and I don't hold it against him.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Actually looking at them now the prices don't seem to bad, I just remember them always doing limited runs that were always sold out when I'd look at them back in the day. Never bought one though so I don't know how quality they are.

They go anywhere from 70 USD to the multiple hundreds of dollars for older releases. I like the way the Armstrong ones look though. B movie space robots.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 22, 2015

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Well that's pretty neat, but no.

Sharkopath posted:

Ashley Wood got incredibly rich making cool paintings of robots and naked women, and I don't hold it against him.

Clearly I have missed my calling in life.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I never thought I'd say this but I kind of want that CDC robot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bimmi posted:

Well that's pretty neat, but no.

Clearly I have missed my calling in life.

He's done some gundam paintings and also work with Kojima to do the metal gear comics and cutscenes in Peace Walker too. I'll edit this post if I can find the gundam ones though.

Oh it was licensed into a figure also, he did a take on a zaku but I don't like it much.

300 bucks now, no way.
I think he's an interesting artist but kinda one note now, anyways derail over.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 22, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

That's cute.

Now I'd like to see that on the HGUC Neo-Zeong.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Sharkopath posted:

He's done some gundam paintings and also work with Kojima to do the metal gear comics and cutscenes in Peace Walker too. I'll edit this post if I can find the gundam ones though.

Oh it was licensed into a figure also, he did a take on a zaku but I don't like it much.

300 bucks now, no way.
I think he's an interesting artist but kinda one note now, anyways derail over.

no derail not over because he also did a picture of one of China Mieville's coolest characters

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

That's cute.

Now I'd like to see that on the HGUC Neo-Zeong.

Drop Bearguy into HGUC Neo-Zeong. Never see Bearguy again.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Drop Bearguy into HGUC Neo-Zeong. Never see Bearguy again.

Drop Bearguy into HGUC Neo-Zeong. Bearguy becomes the vessel for the will of all spacenoids. Baby Bearguy yells "BUT EVEN SO!" and the Neo-Zeong explodes into a cloud of cotton

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

Drop Bearguy into HGUC Neo-Zeong. Bearguy becomes the vessel for the will of all spacenoids. Baby Bearguy yells "BUT EVEN SO!" and the Neo-Zeong explodes into a cloud of cotton

Don't post spoilers for the Build Fighters OVA, thanks.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I'm a software developer by trade, and hadn't ever heard of this website. And since I'm terrible with coming up with good color combinations on my own, this is super awesome. Especially the color blindness stuff!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Grey with white and orange highlights is my favorite color scheme universally, especially if it's and asymmetric pattern also.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm torn.

I can afford this, but I legitimately don't know what I'd do with it. It looks like it has both the Satellite Cannon and the Divider, which is nice,

but I am really not feeling that redesign.

Divider parts aren't looking too hot either.

Maybe it's time I hang up my mantle as obsessed Gundam X fan. :shobon:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Don't feel too bad, that looks absolutely awful. Like, 90's NG bad.

And hey, at least as a washed up Gundam X fan, your kit choices are rather cheap. As a washed up Hathaway's Flash/Sentinel fan, everything is disgustingly expensive. And they don't even make stuff for washed up Advance of Zeta fans. :downs:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm torn.

I can afford this, but I legitimately don't know what I'd do with it. It looks like it has both the Satellite Cannon and the Divider, which is nice,

but I am really not feeling that redesign.

Divider parts aren't looking too hot either.

Maybe it's time I hang up my mantle as obsessed Gundam X fan. :shobon:

Buy another MG Gundam X instead. You'll be telling Bandai there's demand for more Gundam X models, maybe they'll go ahead and made a MG Gundam X Divider or even a MG GX-bit.

You shouldn't be supporting trademark infringement anyway, especially when there's a superior legitimate option available.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Woah, those proportions are hosed.

Seconding just buying another MG X. It's such a loving good kit.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The purple bits look like absolute garbage.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Don't buy bad kits of designs you love, it's never worth it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is interested, I just posted an MG RB-79K Ball to SA-Mart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707985

I'm open to selling or trading, got a list in the thread, and if you need to buy clothes or stuff I've got a Macy's gift card I'd add on.

To be honest, if you have an HGUC Jegan and want the Ball, a trade can happen.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Suddenly, MG WING FENICE RINASCITA!.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ahahahahah what took them so long?

There's the June MG slot I was wondering about.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MOTHERFUCKER

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Out loving standing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I guess Wing Fenice is close enough to the original Wing they can release it as a web exclusive actually.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

I personally love the Stark Jegan, though admittedly I prefer the original MSV lineart as opposed to the Katoki Unicorn version. They should release that as a kit, giant-rear end missiles and all.

I guess somebody at Bandai agreed with you because it's getting a web exclusive.

EDIT: Wait how did this become a new post.

EDIT 2: Reading the japanese, it looks like the Crossbone X2 Custom is also getting a web exclusive. About time.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 23, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Would've preferred regular Wing Fenice, but I'll take it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Son of a bitch.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
i wonder why this MG wasn't shown with the rest of the new kits last week? It looks finished and ready to go. Anyway, good news for them what wants one. As is four MGs for the first half of the year, which is slightly less terrible than three.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

That makes two of the four MGBF kits I need in my life. :getin: Well, I guess I need five, if you count the Amazing Exia Repair, but...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Can we get an MG R-Gyagya and R-Jarja next? :ohdear:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zwingley posted:

That makes two of the four MGBF kits I need in my life. :getin: Well, I guess I need five, if you count the Amazing Exia Repair, but...
Gundam X Maoh and Normal Fenice being the other 2?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zedd posted:

Gundam X Maoh and Normal Fenice being the other 2?

Nope, they're clearly Beargguy III and Beargguy F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Can we get an MG R-Gyagya and R-Jarja next? :ohdear:

Nah, I'd bet next BF MG is gonna be Gundam X Maoh, if for no other reason than to give them a bit more mileage out of those MG Gundam X molds.