Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bushifox posted:

where was this? I'd pick up some extras at 60.

The shopco locally here had a bunch of them at that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego store has Benny's on discount too, not $60 but you get VIP points out of it too. I think it was marked at $70 but I only glanced at the price.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

xzzy posted:

Lego store has Benny's on discount too, not $60 but you get VIP points out of it too. I think it was marked at $70 but I only glanced at the price.

still 100 at the website, so.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh yeah, I mean the B&M stores. :v:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah its 20% off at my local Lego Store, so I think $79.99?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
What was the site where people were trading minifigs? I grabbed one the other day and thought I was getting the fencer...turns out it's the king (which I already have). :(

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Just started building the tumbler and holy poo poo this thing is going to be massive. My girlfriend and I pulled out the first set of rubber tires and started laughing because of how big they were. Then we pulled out the bigger ones :staredog:

Next we have the helicarrier to build :pwn:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I know it's regional but Meijer has a coupon on an instore flyer for $10 off $50, plus if you spend $40+ on Creator or City sets you get a $10 off coupon for a future purchase on anything. The best part is I got this guy for $3 which I hadn't seen before and is awesome!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Oh man that's awesome. Only polybags I've seen lately are the little trash cart guy and the Friends minigolf set (which was a free giveaway from the Store not long ago).

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

xzzy posted:

Yeah the Lego store in Danvers mass had it at 80 and I has 20 dollars off because of VIP points

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Have some sealed sets I'm looking to part with, shoot me a PM if you're interested

79002 - The Hobbit Attack of the Wargs
79006 - The Lord of the Rings Council of Elrond
76003 - Superman Battle of Smallville
5891 - Creator Apple Tree House
76000 - DC Superheroes Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
76009 - Superman Black Zero Escape
75004 - Star Wars Z-95 Headhunter
6862 - DC Superheroes Superman vs. Lex Luthor Power Armor
7051 - Alien Conquest Tripod Invader

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

Have some sealed sets I'm looking to part with, shoot me a PM if you're interested

79002 - The Hobbit Attack of the Wargs
79006 - The Lord of the Rings Council of Elrond
76003 - Superman Battle of Smallville
5891 - Creator Apple Tree House
76000 - DC Superheroes Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
76009 - Superman Black Zero Escape
75004 - Star Wars Z-95 Headhunter
6862 - DC Superheroes Superman vs. Lex Luthor Power Armor
7051 - Alien Conquest Tripod Invader

Sigh, look at all this trade fodder you had and didn't even know it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

Sigh, look at all this trade fodder you had and didn't even know it.

I had no idea I even had it either, I just went through my Lego closet today to make room for new sets :(

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23263696&cp=2255956.2273442.3999911.13339982&parentPage=family

52.49 for the 75025 seems like a good deal.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Goddamn, they have so many sets that I want on sale for 20-30% off, but I've spent SO MUCH MONEY on Lego recently. What do :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why does Toy's R Us have such a huge mark up to begin with though? I went there the other day and every set is 3-15 dollars more than every other retailer. They price match but still, I thought Lego prices were pretty universal.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
No idea but the TRU at Polo Park seems to be the only place in the entire city that has the Speed Champions sets. We're pretty sure this is going to be a 'get the entire drat line' sort of thing. We got the 911s first and tonight my wife picked up the La Ferrari and Porsche 918. So far, not dissapointed.

Gonna get the P1, race them down the ramp and send a recording to BBC so they have something to put where Top Gear used to be.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

NESguerilla posted:

Why does Toy's R Us have such a huge mark up to begin with though? I went there the other day and every set is 3-15 dollars more than every other retailer. They price match but still, I thought Lego prices were pretty universal.

Because they can. Kids want a toy NOW instead of a day or two later via online. Parents go to TRU to shut their kids up, by buying them a toy they see on the shelf NOW. That mark up of like 10-20% is probably keeping the rest of the loving store alive these days.

Also there are not as many official Lego Stores as Toys R Us, so that is also why.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Has anyone used the Ultra Agents bricks on the app before? My son got a set and there's 0 instructions on how it's supposed to work. He's been playing the app but it's more like an interactive comic book with no points to interact with the bricks. Can't really find anything online either.

Edit: Disregard, apparently there's two different Agents apps and only the newer one supports the bricks.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 24, 2015

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Just picked up Future Flyer, so now I have yet another mech to go with those from Rescue Robot, Power Mech and Thunder Wings.

But when Blue Power Jet comes out, I will rebuild all the planes. I can't wait to have something else the size of Sonic Boom so I can have one on each corner of my desk :allears:

I have a plane problem. At least Sonic Boom, Fast Flyers and the corresponding mini sets were all one lot off Ebay.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just found out I can get huge boxes of lego for super cheap on shopgoodwill hopefully this 15 lb box has some decent bricks in it, it looks like a ton of "set" pieces.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

NESguerilla posted:

They price match but still, I thought Lego prices were pretty universal.

...they what now?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

...they what now?

If you show them someone else selling the product for less, they match the price. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic because I haven't been to a TRU this millennium and it's late.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

I just found out I can get huge boxes of lego for super cheap on shopgoodwill hopefully this 15 lb box has some decent bricks in it, it looks like a ton of "set" pieces.

You should not have introduced me (and probably the rest of the population here) to this site.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

...they what now?

At major retail stores I mean. Obviously they are all over the place on the internet.

Just put together the newest version of the X-wing. The old one looks so comically bad next to it, it almost makes me want to just use it for parts. They really nailed it. I just wish they would make a new canopy that looks right. i hate that big extra square piece in the back. Otherwise I'm pretty impressed. Really fun to build too.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Both of the Lego stores near me are declaring the death of the UCS X-Wing soon, guess I better jump on it :(

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

NESguerilla posted:

At major retail stores I mean. Obviously they are all over the place on the internet.

Just put together the newest version of the X-wing. The old one looks so comically bad next to it, it almost makes me want to just use it for parts. They really nailed it. I just wish they would make a new canopy that looks right. i hate that big extra square piece in the back. Otherwise I'm pretty impressed. Really fun to build too.

Is the newest version the one with the geologists hammers in the engine intakes?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The Rage posted:

Both of the Lego stores near me are declaring the death of the UCS X-Wing soon, guess I better jump on it :(

Yeah it'll be two years come TIE Fighter release. That's about right.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dogen posted:

Yeah it'll be two years come TIE Fighter release. That's about right.

I was hoping for a May the 4th sale, like the B-Wing, but I'm guessing the X-Wing didn't sell that badly.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah didn't the B-Wing only make it a year, as well?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dogen posted:

Yeah didn't the B-Wing only make it a year, as well?

I think so, and then it got that ridiculous 50% off sale price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tanith posted:

Is the newest version the one with the geologists hammers in the engine intakes?

That's the Red 5/UCS that they were talking about above, which is by far the coolest version of the X-wing (also has the correct shape for the canopy). I was talking about the mini fig scale one from a couple years ago though.

I'd really recommend picking up the Red 5 if it's going out of production. It's easily one fo the coolest sets I've ever seen. It's really awesome and I don't think pictures online do it justice. I'm kind of biased because the X-Wing is my favorite ship in Sci-Fi though. My only beef with it is that R2-D2 is way to loving small since they used a mini fig and the ship is about 2x minifig scale.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Bushifox posted:

You should not have introduced me (and probably the rest of the population here) to this site.

I picked up a huge batch of pieces from there for like 50$, and it had sets 6894, 6941 and 6971. And the sets were like 90-95% compete too, along with some other random pieces. Completely worth it, and now I have a full collection of classic space figures. Goodwill actions own. :getin:

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Not sure if there's any/many Aus Goons here but BigW are having crazy specials on some lego at the moment. Benny's Spaceship $90, Seacow $220 UCS Xwing $130 (paid 280 for mine a few months ago!) ATAT/Star Destroyer $100. If you haven't visited the store by now you are probably out of luck, I've seen pics of people who bought 5+ Xwings but you might be lucky and snag a deal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
John Lewis put the price of the B'Sx3 back up to £80. Should've jumped at £56. 😪

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Tanith posted:

If you show them someone else selling the product for less, they match the price. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic because I haven't been to a TRU this millennium and it's late.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I just had no idea they did that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I just had no idea they did that.

I only know they do that because I brought up their own website to show the different price of as Transformer once (it was $6 cheaper online than in store), and they changed the price for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I just showed them the target price on my phone and they matched it with no hassle. Did it both times I went in there.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Will they match lego.com?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's worth mentioning that you'll need to be able to show that it's a lower price and in stock. A few weeks back the huge new Star Destroyer was on sale at John Lewis for £36 (I know, Jesus) but only for about 5 minutes before it sold out. People had mixed responses at different Toys R Us stores until they sent out a company-wide alert telling their staff not to honour it.