Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Luna Was Here posted:

are there any good spoilers I can fit into 16 letters (including spaces)? I need a new league of legends name

AryaIsPoisoned is only fourteen. It sounds worse than being blinded but is also true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gianthogweed posted:

Hey, but HBO said they're willing to go 10 seasons.

HBO gonna spoil both ASoIaF and Dunk n Egg, turns out the guy who wrote that story about the dead grandpa is actually an HBO exec and he's going full Oberyn on the Mountain.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luna Was Here posted:

are there any good spoilers I can fit into 16 letters (including spaces)? I need a new league of legends name

Arya Goes Blind

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
TheWatchKillsJon

16 characters, biggest DWD spoiler worth spilling.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
CerseiGoesBald

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

CatWasMeantToGetZombifiedButThatsProbablyBeenCutWellHaveToSee

DanyDoesShit

NothingHappens

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
HBOsJustMakingShitUpNow

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

Gianthogweed posted:

CerseiGoesBald

I like this one.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
KevanGetsDead

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

AtAt-de-fay posted:

KevanGetsDead

:sigh:

At least we'll get to see some more of Big Kev in the show.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tyrion can't die

It's kind-of an anti-spoiler but it's loving true. A lot of characters like him have clear plot armor for the next few seasons. Well, even more than before.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

AtAt-de-fay posted:

KevanGetsDead

I wonder if he still does with Varys on the other side of the world. It would be as predictable as gently caress, since Kevan is coming back out of nowhere.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Potooweet posted:

I wonder if he still does with Varys on the other side of the world. It would be as predictable as gently caress, since Kevan is coming back out of nowhere.

Last Episode of Season 5:

Kevan Lannister struts into the throne room like a bad rear end.

Meanwhile in Essos:

Varys picks up a crossbow, judges the wind then fires the bolt across the ocean.

Back at King's Landing:

Kevan is about to sit the throne when a crossbow bolt lodges itself into his throat and he dies.

In reality though I bet they'll recreate the scene only leaving Varys out of it. Like a chamber maid crossbows Kevan and it cuts to Varys giving some big long speech about chaos and stuff like Littlefinger.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Tyrion will probably leave Varys early in the season to get kidnapped by Jorah (episode 3/4/5?) and then won't show up again until his surprise appearance in episode 10.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
nah he will be in the whole thing chilling with dany, probably giving her counsel on whatever nonsense is going down in meeereeen

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Ague Proof posted:

Tyrion will probably leave Varys early in the season to get kidnapped by Jorah (episode 3/4/5?) and then won't show up again until his surprise appearance in episode 10.

You mean they aren't going to do 8 episodes of tyrion on a boat doing nothing?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ZShakespeare posted:

You mean they aren't going to do 8 episodes of tyrion on a boat doing nothing?

Excuse me, he almost caught grayscale and died, and then nothing happened.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

mind the walrus posted:

Tyrion can't die

It's kind-of an anti-spoiler but it's loving true. A lot of characters like him have clear plot armor for the next few seasons. Well, even more than before.

If you read the letter he sent to a publisher back when he was trying to sell A Game of Thrones, he basically admitted Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Arya, Bran etc would all be involved in the finale, so yeah.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Rhgr posted:

If you read the letter he sent to a publisher back when he was trying to sell A Game of Thrones, he basically admitted Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Arya, Bran etc would all be involved in the finale, so yeah.

Yeah but Tyrion was supposed to be Jon's rival for Arya's affection so (hopefully) things have changed.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Luna Was Here posted:

wasn't it pretty much all about why he was killed

Like half of the first book but that's like saying Who Framed Roger Rabbit was all about finding the toon that killed the detective's brother.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I always felt like the Jon Arryn reveal only really had two purposes: Making Littlefinger look more puppet master-ish and adding yet another "Maybe we should blame the whole thing on THIS" event.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I always felt like the Jon Arryn reveal only really had two purposes: Making Littlefinger look more puppet master-ish and adding yet another "Maybe we should blame the whole thing on THIS" event.

I felt like it was really stupid when I read it and a bit of an unnecessary "hah! This obvious thing is actually a twist!" Like, why would the Lannister's act really suspicious the whole time, and aid in covering it up by killing Arryn's squires and poo poo if this is the case? It made sense for this all to be resolved in AGOT with Jaime/Cersei preserving their secret and saving their skins.

Sure Littlefinger has his motivations, its just a little unnecessary.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeahhhhhh....now that I think about it that was a really odd thing to twist up considering the Lannisters ran around trying to coverup sisterfuck-gate afterwards.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeahhhhhh....now that I think about it that was a really odd thing to twist up considering the Lannisters ran around trying to coverup sisterfuck-gate afterwards.

If you found out someone might know about your big secret and then suddenly and mysteriously died, wouldn't you want to go ahead and try to tie up any loose ends? Even if you didn't know how he died exactly, it's still a good opportunity to fix the leak.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
What's wrong with spoilers, says the GRRM:

quote:

"This whole concept of spoilers is one that I've never gotten," he says. "Yes, there's a pleasure when you're reading a book, or watching a television show — What will happen next? Who will win? Who will lose? But that is by no means the only reason to watch a movie or a television show. It's not the only reason to read a book."

"I read a lot of historical fiction, you know? I know who won the Civil War — it's not a spoiler to me. But I can still enjoy Gettysburg, even though I know how the battle came out. I can still enjoy historical fiction about the Wars of the Roses, even though I know who won the Wars of the Roses. And for that matter, I still enjoy watching Citizen Kane every few years even though I know 'Rosebud' is the sled. So there — I just gave a terrible spoiler to all the people who haven't seen Citizen Kane. Rosebud is the sled, but nonetheless, you should still watch Citizen Kane, because it's incredible!" Martin laughed a deep, satisfied laugh, and continued down the black carpet.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/25/8287909/game-of-thrones-season-five-george-r-r-martin-hbo

let the fuckery commence!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

TK-42-1 posted:

If you found out someone might know about your big secret and then suddenly and mysteriously died, wouldn't you want to go ahead and try to tie up any loose ends? Even if you didn't know how he died exactly, it's still a good opportunity to fix the leak.

Sure, but you'd be drat sure to check up on who *actually* killed him. The Lannisters keeping Littlefinger around forever, letting him gently caress poo poo up constantly and eventually even kill their king, is hard to explain away.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Mike N Eich posted:

I felt like it was really stupid when I read it and a bit of an unnecessary "hah! This obvious thing is actually a twist!" Like, why would the Lannister's act really suspicious the whole time, and aid in covering it up by killing Arryn's squires and poo poo if this is the case? It made sense for this all to be resolved in AGOT with Jaime/Cersei preserving their secret and saving their skins.

Sure Littlefinger has his motivations, its just a little unnecessary.

Was it ever proven that the Lannisters were behind Gregor killing the squire? LF could have engineered that as well, even though a catspaw. It's not like Gregor wouldn't be easy to fool.

Mike N Eich posted:

Sure, but you'd be drat sure to check up on who *actually* killed him. The Lannisters keeping Littlefinger around forever, letting him gently caress poo poo up constantly and eventually even kill their king, is hard to explain away.

Remember that the Lannisters have LF to thank for the Tyrell alliance, which is the only reason they didn't all end up dead. The reader knows LF is shady as hell and behind all this, but the Lannisters have no idea how much he's done. It's all vague suspicion and the only person who seems to blame LF for anything is Varys, who is even less trusted than LF. Keeping Varys alive was always the more questionable decision in my book.

Unzip and Attack fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 26, 2015

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

he's not wrong!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

While spoilers definitely take something out of the story, he is right to some extent. If the material is good enough, knowing what happens is not going to ruin it. Obviously it wont have the same impact, but there's a reason people will watch a movie dozens of times.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

When a few copies of ADWD were released early, GURM went angry typewriter on the NAB because of the spoiler potential.

I am so confused. I don't know how I should feel about spoilers now. GURM, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO FEEL!

Absolute Fucker.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

What the bad thread has been saying for years.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hey guys, suppose a book came out and you already knew exactly what happened, like if a tv show adaptation had been made and somehow aired before the book it was based on? You should still definitely buy that book. Buy it no matter what.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm totally not bothered about a tv show spoiling my lifes work guys. Sooooo not bothered by that. Watch. Watch me not be bothered. I'm doing it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Unzip and Attack posted:

Was it ever proven that the Lannisters were behind Gregor killing the squire? LF could have engineered that as well, even though a catspaw. It's not like Gregor wouldn't be easy to fool.

Remember that the Lannisters have LF to thank for the Tyrell alliance, which is the only reason they didn't all end up dead. The reader knows LF is shady as hell and behind all this, but the Lannisters have no idea how much he's done. It's all vague suspicion and the only person who seems to blame LF for anything is Varys, who is even less trusted than LF. Keeping Varys alive was always the more questionable decision in my book.

They think Littlefinger's untrustworthy but in a minor, predictable way. Sure, he obviously has no loyalty and wants power but they think as long as they can benefit him then he'll be in their power. They don't realise his goal is to undermine the entire system and sow chaos for no real reason.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Hunky Joe posted:

In reality though I bet they'll recreate the scene only leaving Varys out of it. Like a chamber maid crossbows Kevan and it cuts to Varys giving some big long speech about chaos and stuff like Littlefinger.

If they edit it like the assassinations near the end of The Godfather that'd be kind of baller.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I'm not gonna take this as factual, but someone in India is trying to make Bollywood Game of Thrones a reality. They're casting for specific characters and everything

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/tv-actress-sakshi-tanwar-to-star-in-indian-adaptation-of-game-of-thrones/

will it spoil the books, though?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the indian game of thrones will be released before winds of winter

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Indian game of thrones will spoil WoW is what I think you meant to say

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...