Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's Terraformars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I liked the joke Sepak Tekraw manga in Akumetsu.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why is the animation in nichijou so loving good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KyoAni has all the money in the world from Haruhi and K-On I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sharkopath posted:

the dude in it is cute instead of being a big dweeb

i like the chapter where they make friends with the egotist anxious rival by secretly joining his monster hunte rlobby

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

on their php's

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The Colonel posted:

why is the animation in nichijou so loving good

kyoani has a strong internal culture with relatively low turnover and a lot of talent because they are nearly unique among studios in the way they operate (for example their animators are salaried employees). on top of that most of their newer animation talent comes out of their own animation school, reinforcing said internal culture. they have the luxury of being able to work on shows far in advance and generally don't gently caress up production scheduling which lets them maintain consistency even on a 2 cour show like nichijou. so much of their core staff being 10+ year veterans who've worked together nearly exclusively for a lot of that time lets them keep improving, too. they don't rely on any freelancers as far as i know.

nichijou let them show off because it was an episodic comedy that lent itself to crazy animation gags unlike a lot of their more serious shows (which are still well animated, just not as flashy, since kyoani excels in stuff like subtle character animation).

megax can tell you a lot more about kyoani's internal workings but the tl;dr is they are unique and will continue to be unique.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
however i do not like the various little sister romance plotlines in yandere kanojo

aers
Feb 15, 2012

also, nichijou owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Countblanc posted:

however i do not like the various little sister romance plotlines in yandere kanojo

Is there more than one? The only one I can think of hasn't really gone anywhere but yeah, it's gonna be a bit weird if it does.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Nichijou is v. good and it saddens me we will never get an English dub.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Dubs are usually very terrible, unless done by Studio Ghibli or in Baccano.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there more than one? The only one I can think of hasn't really gone anywhere but yeah, it's gonna be a bit weird if it does.

no i guess its just the one, hopefully if anything happens there it's just some "TEN YEARS LATER" epilogue chapter

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Countblanc posted:

no i guess its just the one, hopefully if anything happens there it's just some "TEN YEARS LATER" epilogue chapter
im not even sure the manager is romantically interested in her tbh. i agree she should date people in her age group though...like me

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

reina was made as a self insert for me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Budget Prefuse posted:

reina was made as a self insert for me

Reina's dad is my self insert.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

p. much

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Budget Prefuse posted:

im not even sure the manager is romantically interested in her tbh.

They referenced some sort of promise in an earlier chapter but I got the feeling that it was something to do with the shop more than anything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

chumbler posted:

hes cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's Terraformars

Noice

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wasn't a dub supposed to happen and something poo poo the bed on the licensing? ADV going under or something, wasn't it?

I know something happened to it, because it also hosed up the Blu-Ray licensing too in general.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That makes two Japanese works I've seen the gaijin 4koma pop up in.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gintama's gonna come out like 15 minutes after I leave for work :whitewater:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Love Story starts after I should be in bed and I got gently caress all sleep last night so I'm probably not gonna be staying up. :(

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wasn't a dub supposed to happen and something poo poo the bed on the licensing? ADV going under or something, wasn't it?

I know something happened to it, because it also hosed up the Blu-Ray licensing too in general.

Bandai Entertainment had the license and then they folded. There's a bunch of licenses they announced around that time period that never got picked up. Like Gosick. I'm okay with that one never coming here though.

Edit: it wan never going to be dubbed though. Sub only release.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

My Love Story starts after I should be in bed and I got gently caress all sleep last night so I'm probably not gonna be staying up. :(

I'm not going to start watching it until the series is finished.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

See you in 24 weeks then.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bad character in yandere kanojo: pastry chef, magician dude, >>> student council prez <<<< stucos the worst

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fujiwara Coco, the mangaka of Inuboku x SS and dear, died last week. Squeenix just made the announcement, since they published her manga. She was 31. RIP.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kantai Collection: Poi Colle (Complete)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_Pc1ZK7aw

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Fujiwara Coco, the mangaka of Inuboku x SS and dear, died last week. Squeenix just made the announcement, since they published her manga. She was 31. RIP.

oh no

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been sick so if you don't see me around that much over the day or I don't respond to anyone asking anything, this is why.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

time to shitpost

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
no pls

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im glad to announce that beef waifu named me emergency mod, so ill be posting the new rules shortly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

aers posted:

time to shitpost

business as usual

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

business as usual

hell yea

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

im glad to announce that beef waifu named me emergency mod, so ill be posting the new rules shortly

PLz unprobate Clawshrimy and re-open his thread

I desperatly need to see his analysis of the end of Overman King Gainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I've been sick so if you don't see me around that much over the day or I don't respond to anyone asking anything, this is why.

get well soon

• Locked thread