Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unzip and Attack posted:

Stop. Collaborate and glisten.

Ha didn't get that the first time

"It's like one big inbred fuckfest" lol

kcroy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The only wild card is Arya, which who knows how the gently caress she could factor into the ending.

I figured she would complete her Faceless training, with her first assignment being to kill Alayne Stone, but Littlefinger sending Sansa off to Torturefell kinda fucks that up.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Moose King posted:

I figured she would complete her Faceless training, with her first assignment being to kill Alayne Stone, but Littlefinger sending Sansa off to Torturefell kinda fucks that up.

Supposedly to finish her training she's sent to King's Landing, but even if they don't do that there's a large number of people that the Faceless Men would want dead.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

computer parts posted:

Supposedly to finish her training she's sent to King's Landing, but even if they don't do that there's a large number of people that the Faceless Men would want dead.

There's no way she doesn't end up killing at least one more person on her shitlist after becoming a Faceless Man.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drone posted:

There's no way she doesn't end up killing at least one more person on her shitlist after becoming a Faceless Man.

That's basically Gregor and Cercei at this point, isn't it?

e:

quote:

Ser Gregor
Dunsen
Polliver
Chiswyck
Raff the Sweetling
The Tickler
The Hound
Ser Amory
Ser Ilyn
Ser Meryn
King Joffrey
Queen Cersei
Weese

I don't remember how many of these translated to the show but I guess Ser Meryn is also still alive? They could do Ilyn if the actor has recovered enough from his cancer.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 15, 2015

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I think at the moment in the show it's Cersei, The Mountain, Meryn Trant and I think one more?

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's weird because they did the leech thing. In the books Stannis is all "I'm not gonna kill the child unless all 3 kings die" and then they do, but in the show he's like "ehhh good enough" and proceeds to operation child murder.

My only thought was Mance counting as a "King" but that is so disjointed from the original plot that it just wouldn't make any rational sense that he die SO late after the others while in the books they were dying off left and right.

Does he say the names of the Kings he wants dead in the show like he does in the book? I forget that part all I remember is tits.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Aston posted:

I think at the moment in the show it's Cersei, The Mountain, Meryn Trant and I think one more?

And Meryn's heading off to Bravos. I doubt he'll get much... Mercy :grin:

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
gently caress.

You guys are discussing so many characters and plotlines from ADWD that I can't simply remember AT ALL. I'm like "what the gently caress, was that in the book? Did I even read that poo poo?".

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Joffrey, Balon, Robb, and Renly. It's called the War of the Five Kings those were the kings he wanted dead and it happened.

Between the lack of leadership, the looming plague and wars of religion, the existential demonic threat, and loving dragons whoever consolidates rule is gonna have a lot of empty land and full employment.

Not seeing how the ice guys are gonna lose given their apparently infinite zombie army they're gonna find in the river lands.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hunky Joe posted:

My only thought was Mance counting as a "King" but that is so disjointed from the original plot that it just wouldn't make any rational sense that he die SO late after the others while in the books they were dying off left and right.

Does he say the names of the Kings he wants dead in the show like he does in the book? I forget that part all I remember is tits.

Yeah, either he or Melisandre did, he said Balon's name. (Renly was already dead.)

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah, either he or Melisandre did, he said Balon's name. (Renly was already dead.)

Well my only guess is if they have it in season 6 they do a big flash back like when they did Lancel in the first episode of this season and bust it out of nowhere.

Alternately it's glossed over in a later episode in season 5 where Balon is just out for a stroll and he comedically flies off a bridge and dies for no apparent reason. Cut to Stannis mugging for the camera and holding up three fingers as a subtle reference.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Arbite posted:

And Meryn's heading off to Bravos. I doubt he'll get much... Mercy :grin:

If he's going to take the place of Raff the Sweetling from that horrible Arya sample chapter, I hope HBO leaves out the horrible :pedo: aspect GRRM went for in that scene. They'd basically have to, right? Right? :(

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

First I've heard about this plague idea, so I'm going to expand on it a bit. Jon Con brings greyscale to Westeros but it isn't fatal for reasons. When the ice zombies and dragons finally turn up, everyone is all 'surprise bitch, we're all basically The Thing now, just try to burn/ice us to death, I loving dare you'.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

What the gently caress is this.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Ague Proof posted:

What the gently caress is this.

autism

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

HELLO LADIES posted:

If he's going to take the place of Raff the Sweetling from that horrible Arya sample chapter, I hope HBO leaves out the horrible :pedo: aspect GRRM went for in that scene. They'd basically have to, right? Right? :(

Maisie Williams just turned 18 so GRRM is not only going to push for a word for word adaptation but insist on writing and directing it.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moose King posted:

I thought he was going to do some sort of Muad'dib Ghola scenario, where Arya loses her identity, but is sent to kill Jon, and then she snaps out at the last minute. But now that you bring it up, Sansa would work better, since Arya might actually kill Sansa in the eyes of the reader.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maisie Williams just turned 18 so GRRM is not only going to push for a word for word adaptation but insist on writing and directing it.

You know, its a pretty cool scene. And the thought of Maisie trying to pull it off makes my stomach roll. Oh wait, I guess she would be in guise though right? we might not even realize it is Arya until he is dead, and we get a reveal. Would be a cool opening scene if shown from the the dead guys POV ( forget which one it is ) .

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

We already know for a fact that Tyrion is going to end up with Daenerys before Daznak's Pit. We have no idea how much of the "Tyrion is a slave" stuff they're gonna do or skip.

maybe he will eat all the honey locusts!!!!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

kcroy posted:

maybe he will eat all the honey locusts!!!!

Daaaaaaario will eat the locusts and escape the pits with Dany and they will stare into each others eyes as they slowly and graphically dehydrate themselves via diarrhea

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I watched episode 4 and, lol, the sand snakes are so goddamn stupid. It's like HBO got a page from the Simpsons future Game of Thrones season four parody episode mixed in with their own script

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

420 Gank Mid posted:

Daaaaaaario will eat the locusts and escape the pits with Dany and they will stare into each others eyes as they slowly and graphically dehydrate themselves via diarrhea

Right now GRRM is twisting his poo poo dick because he didn't write this in. Then Drogon eats ~My Daaario~ and has explosive, fiery dragon shits over the Dothraki sea. We find Dany swimming in a pool of dragon poo poo like a loving mermaid.

poo poo cannot kill a dragon.

It is known

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

savinhill posted:

I watched episode 4 and, lol, the sand snakes are so goddamn stupid. It's like HBO got a page from the Simpsons future Game of Thrones season four parody episode mixed in with their own script

I don't get why they made them imitate Oberyn's accent. It was fine when he used it but Jesus, it sounds so corny when the Sand Snakes do it. There should have been one sand snake and the spear-throwing story should have been told to Bronn or Jaime or ideally cut entirely.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wouldn't the other San Snakes have already known that story that one told them? Maybe she just brings it up every day in casual conversation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Arya's new mantra is:

Cersei
The Mountain
Meryn Trant
Walder Frey

In the show the mountain is MIA, but we know BOB STRONG.

Meryn Trant just got sent to Bravos by Cersei, so he'll get the pedophilic Raff death from the preview chapter, because ~~~show condensing~~~.

Walder Frey will probably be the Arya final kill because they cut Stoneheart.

Cersei... who loving knows. But Tommen's death is a certainty before hers.

--

Also, the show just went full show by having a lengthy recap of who Lyanna Stark is, and how Rhaegar boned her, while simultaneously having Stannis be like "honorable Ned Stark's honor would never let him father a bastard" so R+L=J is super-confirmed.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 16, 2015

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wouldn't the other San Snakes have already known that story that one told them? Maybe she just brings it up every day in casual conversation.

"So you want Taco Bell or McDonald's for lunch?"

"Let me answer that question by telling you how dad introduced himself to me..."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Walder Frey will probably be the Arya final kill because they cut Stoneheart.

I am okay with this.

As long as it's not done subtly. No ninja in through the windows poo poo. Brass band, mummer's farce, the works.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Why is Meryn Trant in Arya's list, again?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Elman posted:

Why is Meryn Trant in Arya's list, again?

He "killed" Jaqen Hghar, aka Syrio Forel.

*offscreen

**As told to Cersei

***He had a wooden sword and Trant is a wuss who would lie about getting an rear end beating from a foppish foreigner with a wooden sword

****Everyone in Bravos is Jaqen Hghar

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 16, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Now I'm remembering like 3 years ago when I got into an argument here over how "Syrio = Jaquen" causes more problems than it solves as a theory.

My my how little we've come since then... :allears:

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I like how the show completely condensed the entire Kingsguard into Meryn Trant. Any time there's a need for a kingsguard to stand in the background its Trant. The rest of them in the book are interchangeable and personality-lacking enough that this works. I mean, unless you really weep for the lack of Tragic Hero Arys Oakheart or whatever.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Boros Blount is the hero Westeros deserves.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mike N Eich posted:

I like how the show completely condensed the entire Kingsguard into Meryn Trant. Any time there's a need for a kingsguard to stand in the background its Trant. The rest of them in the book are interchangeable and personality-lacking enough that this works. I mean, unless you really weep for the lack of Tragic Hero Arys Oakheart or whatever.

sometimes Jaime stands in the background :coolspot:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
balon swann and arys oakheart were too nice

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Mike N Eich posted:

So the Kingsguard as of ADWD are:
Boros Blount, the fat useless guy who has been forced to serve as Tommen's food taster because he's such a cowardly and inept fighter
Meryn Trant, generic Nasty Person
Balon Swann, generic Nice Person and Good Knight
Loras Tyrell, Kingslayer 2.0 (now with added gay instead of incest and also hideous disfigurement)
Jaime Lannister, POV character
Osmund Kettleblack, spy/conspirator/murderer of the high septon/fucker of the queen/torture victim
The Reanimated Headless Corpse of Gregor Clegane

I dunno, that seems like quite a lot of differentiation to me.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 16, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So is GRRM just gonna have Dany faff around Essos forever or is she ever gonna actually consider Westeros some kinda priority?

At least Aegon-the-possibly-Targaryen has actually set foot on the drat continent.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
are the Kettleblacks going to be in the show? All three of them?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

are the Kettleblacks going to be in the show? All three of them?

I'm pretty sure they aren't. They'd have shown up by now in some capacity.

The Show Kingsguard consists of:
Jaime Lannister, Lord Commander and star billed character
Meryn Trant, generic Nasty Person
Four interchangeable extras who never take their helmets off
and The Reanimated Headless Corpse of Gregor Clegane

Mandon Moore died at the Blackwater, and Boros Blount, Arys Oakheart, and Preston Greenfield all technically exist in the Show-verse, but again, see: Four interchangeable extras. Oh, and Loras isn't on the Kingsguard either in the show.

But who gives a poo poo about the Kingsguard, somebody wake me up when they announce who's playing Jalabhar Xho.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 16, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh, and Loras isn't on the Kingsguard either in the show.

And for some reason he's staying alive and not going off to get maimed at Dragonstone. Because Loras is apparently such a deep and engaging character that they feel the need to keep him on the show? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Drone posted:

So is GRRM just gonna have Dany faff around Essos forever or is she ever gonna actually consider Westeros some kinda priority?

At least Aegon-the-possibly-Targaryen has actually set foot on the drat continent.

GRRM is too busy posting about gamergate. Once you get sucked in, there's no getting out. Book ain't ever coming out.
https://archive.today/S9aXk