Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Drone posted:

And for some reason he's staying alive and not going off to get maimed at Dragonstone. Because Loras is apparently such a deep and engaging character that they feel the need to keep him on the show? :confused:

It's probably gurm breaking his toys as he is wont to do, and a dumb red herring in the books so when the REAL important stuff comes (it never will) we won't be expecting it.

Loras is clearly there to distract us from the master plan that *hhfffmm* has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dany is going to die during her circumnavigation around the non-earth. Only one ship will make it back to the west coast of Westeros.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It looks likely/possible the Sparrows will kill Loras for being gay in the show

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Whatever dislike I have toward how they depicted the Sparrows in the show were made moot by casting Jonathan Pryce :allears:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Love how the show just outright made Jaqen the teacher for Arya at the house of black and white. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's only hinted in the books that he is the one teaching her right? Never thought this was explicitly said.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Was it even implied in the books?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

frankenfreak posted:

Was it even implied in the books?

No, it was implied that he's in Oldtown.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

InFlames235 posted:

Love how the show just outright made Jaqen the teacher for Arya at the house of black and white. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's only hinted in the books that he is the one teaching her right? Never thought this was explicitly said.

I like this Kung Fu training routine much better. The book version is too creepy. I hope there is training montage.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Drone posted:

So is GRRM just gonna have Dany faff around Essos forever

yes

because he isnt going to write any more books

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

My problem with Aegon is it sounds like Gurm went "hmm, Dany has to invade soon if I'm going to wrap this up in 2 books, but there's no way I can solve the Mereen plot that fast...".

I don't really mind it as long as the new book does a good job fleshing out that plohahahah

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

InFlames235 posted:

jack is in the citadel

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

kill you are self posted:

jack is in the citadel

I don't really remember any reference to jackie boy other than it's obviously a faceless man.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

GRRM is too busy posting about gamergate. Once you get sucked in, there's no getting out. Book ain't ever coming out.
https://archive.today/S9aXk

He was posting about all the Hugos drama too, he's done nothing but gently caress around on the internet since his big valiant "I'm giving up the cons to write" post

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

TK-42-1 posted:

I don't really remember any reference to jackie boy other than it's obviously a faceless man.

There's a description of his face that is identical to one of Jaquen's previous ones.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

TK-42-1 posted:

The description of the faceless man (AFFC prologue) given by Pate matches, almost exactly, with Arya's description of Jack's face post-change.

There's no reason to give them both the exact same scar, hooked nose (I think. I'm not looking this poo poo up), hair, etc unless it's a hint (read: explicitly stating) that Jack took Pate's face to infiltrate the Citadel.

If it's not Jack then it's really lovely writing and GRRM ran out of descriptions for people other than "scar on left cheek, hook nosed Jew."

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think we all pretty much agree that he's the AFFC faceless man but not the kindly house of black and white faceless man that we are actually discussing.

I actually groaned when the show made that reveal and I'm not a book purist at all.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Timett posted:

I think we all pretty much agree that he's the AFFC faceless man but not the kindly house of black and white faceless man that we are actually discussing.

I actually groaned when the show made that reveal and I'm not a book purist at all.

Maybe they made that reveal in the show because they're cutting the oldtown plot? Wouldn't surprise me, seems they're cutting a ton of other plots from the books.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

InFlames235 posted:

Maybe they made that reveal in the show because they're cutting the oldtown plot? Wouldn't surprise me, seems they're cutting a ton of other plots from the books.

It's possible that the Oldtown plot is just for exposition and for Sam to show his dad that he's not a coward (although wasn't Tarly the elder in King's Landing?).

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Timett posted:

I don't think it's necessarily the same Faceless Man, just that the Kindly Man is using the identity of Jaqen that was once used by the FM Arya met. It's just that the FM are interchangeable so it doesn't matter.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

If it's not Jack then it's really lovely writing and GRRM ran out of descriptions for people other than "scar on left cheek, hook nosed Jew."

Wait is this the Wheel Of Time thread?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

savinhill posted:

He was posting about all the Hugos drama too, he's done nothing but gently caress around on the internet since his big valiant "I'm giving up the cons to write" post

Posting on the internet is writing.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

I don't think it's necessarily the same Faceless Man, just that the Kindly Man is using the identity of Jaqen that was once used by the FM Arya met. It's just that the FM are interchangeable so it doesn't matter.

This would make sense in the books but not on the show. poo poo is too convoluted for show watchers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Aston posted:

Posting on the internet is writing.

I'm still waiting for my Pulitzer.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
But... but... but... Oldtown is my favorite part of the new books! Sadness. :(

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Timett posted:

I was expecting him to turn back around and become the dark-skinned kindly man again, just showing Arya that Jacquen.. Jaqen.. Jack, whatever, never really existed and that they are all, in reality, No One, and that their identities are fluid.

When he stayed jack I closed the video and haven't gone back to watching since. That is what finally broke me. I don't give a poo poo about s5 anymore, at all. It's terrible.

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
loras persists as a twink rear end delivery mechanism

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Have the unaired episodes showed bran at all?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Bran isn't going to appear this season. They want to save his crazy powers for Season 6.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Also cause a gap is going to make his jarring shift in puberty a little more plausible to the audiences.

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
quentyn is laughing all the way to the bank with his stolen dragons right

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Also cause a gap is going to make his jarring shift in puberty a little more plausible to the audiences.

Why? Are his acorns gonna drop?

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
i hope bran sounds like vin diesel on his return just a wicked deep and harsh bass voice

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

I was expecting him to turn back around and become the dark-skinned kindly man again, just showing Arya that Jacquen.. Jaqen.. Jack, whatever, never really existed and that they are all, in reality, No One, and that their identities are fluid.

When he stayed jack I closed the video and haven't gone back to watching since. That is what finally broke me. I don't give a poo poo about s5 anymore, at all. It's terrible.

Kill you are self,

Who gives a poo poo. What is wrong with you? Why are you posting ITT if you care so much about ~book purity~

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

In It For The Tank posted:

Bran isn't going to appear this season. They want to save his crazy powers for Season 6.

I have a feeling they will manage to fold Bran's story somewhere into the season by episode 8 or 9 where they will probably manage to show Bloodraven on screen for a few seconds, especially if they actually plan on keeping the Blackfyre/Aegon plot.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

visceril posted:

Kill you are self,

Who gives a poo poo. What is wrong with you? Why are you posting ITT if you care so much about ~book purity~

Who said I did? It was a lovely move no matter what. Keep caring.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

visceril posted:

Sometimes, when adapting media, changes and choices have to be made to fit the new form. Sometimes said choices are really loving dumb and treat their audience like retards instead of being a nod or an easter egg. Sometimes a show does this multiple times instead of just trusting in the power of subtext.

But enough about True Blood,

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

420 Gank Mid posted:

especially if they actually plan on keeping the Blackfyre/Aegon plot.
I'm sure they don't plan on doing that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A man is not jaqen...but there are millions of pasty spirits watching us and about 200 other important people and a man must not confuse them so I will just stay jaqen anyway gently caress it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A man is not jaqen...but there are millions of pasty spirits watching us and about 200 other important people and a man must not confuse them so I will just stay jaqen anyway gently caress it.

Exactly. They trim the fat from the books and now you want them to add more characters. What thread am I even reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

visceril posted:

Exactly. They trim the fat from the books and now you want them to add more characters. What thread am I even reading

The Thread That Glistens