Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

SaviourX posted:

Hello my Mildest of Cards, I finally went and completed what I'm sure Georgey will just love, my ASoIaF and Tarantinoverse crossover fan script thing.

I'm working on the site tonight, but I figured you all should get the first taste of this straight-faced-as-possible jokey fanfic.

As well, there's a dropbox link on the site to a pdf download, which I'm not super happy with, but it's suitable for now. Any other broken links or whatever can be ignored for now.

I'll be posting this to a bunch of places as soon as I can, but feedback is always good. Let me know via the e-mail on the site.

Thanks and you can now return to how bad the show/books/novelization/comics/parodies are.

:frogsiren: Link: http://pulpandfiction.aheartoftheworld.net

I'd be getting more out of this if I had more than just a vague familiarity with Tarantino's work (I've seen Pulp Fiction once, Inglourious Basterds once, and nothing else of his), but it's still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Solice Kirsk posted:

There will be, just not written by GRRM.

George R. R. Martin's A Dream of Spring by Elio M. García, Jr. and Linda Antonsson

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SaviourX posted:

If I recall, one of the animation go-betweens or whatever was a goon but just lurked the thread here.

And it's true, not a card tag on this entire page :negative:

my wildcard tag got taken away by Vicona for not playing along with "say nice things about GRRM day".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SaviourX posted:

If I recall, one of the animation go-betweens or whatever was a goon but just lurked the thread here.

I lost my tag when someone bought me a redtext, and TBB mod never gave me a new one. :smith:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I lost mine to passive aggressive nerds that didn't like my writing but not enough to actually critique it.

E: you mah dog, K-dog.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlgQ1gyX_U

Preston Manning strikes again! It's juuuust plausible enough, though if he doesn't end this series with his usual "I'm probably wrong about half of this..." then he's done.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's funny that this dude gets so much publicity for being a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist who wastes his time making up poo poo about ASOIAF rather than 9/11 or the Kennedy assassination like self-respecting paranoid schizos are wont to do.

I mean, at the end of the day either GRRM will publish a book or Elio and Linda will publish some 'official fanfiction' and all of these bullshit theories will be disproven and thrown in the garbage bin, this whole thing is very futile.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Arbite posted:

Preston Manning strikes again! It's juuuust plausible enough, though if he doesn't end this series with his usual "I'm probably wrong about half of this..." then he's done.

There was a second Faceless man. Wake up, Lhazareen!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Immersion complete. Thank you. Best show ever on TV.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Gary Oldman?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Iron Lung posted:

Gary Oldman?

In an attempt to surpass his performance in Tiptoes, Oldman will be playing Penny.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PittTheElder posted:

In an attempt to surpass his performance in Tiptoes, Oldman will be playing Penny.

Shouldn't he be playing the giant turtle?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Edit: Wrong thread!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

Wake up, Lhazareen!

AHhahahah

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

SaviourX posted:

I was here before the tags existed and I remain after they have gone

Words are wind, tags are temporary

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arbite posted:

I've never watched this guys stuff before... do people here think that grrm has this much depth of detail in his books?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

I've never watched this guys stuff before... do people here think that grrm has this much depth of detail in his books?

people here?

people here are beginning to question the existence of gurm

whether there ever were any books to begin with

did we just convince ourselves of this pear shaped man and his original texts that inspired so much horrifying fan fiction?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

syscall girl posted:

people here?

people here are beginning to question the existence of gurm

whether there ever were any books to begin with

did we just convince ourselves of this pear shaped man and his original texts that inspired so much horrifying fan fiction?

Jesus GRRM is just an amalgam of other Gods authors. For example, the belief in death before completing his series is the same as another of the same time period "Rob-Ert Jor-Dan".

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

Ague Proof posted:

There was a second Faceless man. Wake up, Lhazareen!

brilliant

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Did that guy say that someone offered to marry asha for no other reason than to stop her from gay marrying daenerys? I'm pretty sure all prophecies about marriage are heteronormative, though???

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Krinkle posted:

Did that guy say that someone offered to marry asha for no other reason than to stop her from gay marrying daenerys? I'm pretty sure all prophecies about marriage are heteronormative, though???

Wait til you find out that littlefinger is only into kat/sansa because he's obsessed with some magical prophesy about redheads and harrenhal.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Krinkle posted:

I don't know if anyone else knows Viserys is dead.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

Words are wind, tags are temporary

Yeah , I guess you're -

<-- Aw yiss who made this happen?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SaviourX posted:

Yeah , I guess you're -

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself, I'm not particularly interested in acquiring one myself, but how does one go about picking up a gang tag, anyway?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
^^^

It's really easy, you just buy a custom title and use BBCode img tags to point to the image. The only caveat is that you can only do this using images that are hosted on SA itself, you can't link to outside images, so someone official has to upload the tag to get things started. But once it's there, anyone can use it.

SaviourX posted:

:ssh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kylaer posted:

^^^

It's really easy, you just buy a custom title and use BBCode img tags to point to the image. The only caveat is that you can only do this using images that are hosted on SA itself, you can't link to outside images, so someone official has to upload the tag to get things started. But once it's there, anyone can use it.

:ssh:

I figured as much, but I wasn't certain. Cool, thanks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm not getting the whole "Aegon is cut from the show" thing. I mean that whole plot seemed super important with him trying to invade the west and everything. Couldn't he still show up with JonCon and meet Tyrion+Jorah in passing?

edit: And like that other guy said, was I drunk when reading ADWD? I can't remember poo poo and yall know every nuance

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's not super important. It's potentially super important in Book 6. But what's potentially important in Book 6 means nothing to the show.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I honestly think Aegon would be way too confusing for show watchers at this point, its just way too many story lines converging. And unlike GRRM they plan on finishing something, ANYTHING, in their contracted seasons.

I really can't understand the Sansa/Bolton plot and guess where its going, but I do love that they replaced Wyman Manderly's awesome speech and Davos's sweet story line with one old lady saying "THE NORTH REMEMBERS."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Iron Lung posted:

I honestly think Aegon would be way too confusing for show watchers at this point, its just way too many story lines converging. And unlike GRRM they plan on finishing something, ANYTHING, in their contracted seasons.

I really can't understand the Sansa/Bolton plot and guess where its going, but I do love that they replaced Wyman Manderly's awesome speech and Davos's sweet story line with one old lady saying "THE NORTH REMEMBERS."

Oh my god, thank you for reminding me that it's Sunday and there is a new episode.

Silicon Valley is the best and I'm really looking forward to it.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Quentyn seemed super important in book 4. Then book 5 came out and he turned out not to be so important after all.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

syscall girl posted:

Oh my god, thank you for reminding me that it's Sunday and there is a new episode.

Silicon Valley is the best and I'm really looking forward to it.

Silicon Valley was p funny, the part where they're all grinning and the ending scene killed me! THIS GUY!

ASoIaF: The Officially Licensed Novelization of HBO's hit show Game of Thrones is on right before Silicon Valley - a Good Show

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Iron Lung posted:

Silicon Valley was p funny, the part where they're all grinning and the ending scene killed me! THIS GUY!

ASoIaF: The Officially Licensed Novelization of HBO's hit show Game of Thrones is on right before Silicon Valley - a Good Show

loving spoiler that poo poo.

Disgraceful.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Gianthogweed posted:

Quentyn seemed super important in book 4. Then book 5 came out and he turned out not to be so important after all.

Quentyn didn't invade a continent, though. That's kind of a big loving deal.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
Couldn't resist the temptation so I watched episode four and man... It just shows how bad this show needs more Stannis.

The part where he tells his daughter he loves her had all the feels you need for an entire season. Stannis is as strong as steel but even he can bend to mortal emotions like love :black101:

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Iron Lung posted:

I think it's pretty clear where it's going. Littlefinger has hatched a plan to take revenge on the Boltons and bring the North under the control of the Starks again. Sansa will be forever in his debt and they will live happily ever after. A bit creepy but entirely plausible.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So is the faith going to be rearmed by Cersei again?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yes and literally everyone else realises that this is an incredibly bad idea in the current environment it's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Hunky Joe posted:

Couldn't resist the temptation so I watched episode four and man... It just shows how bad this show needs more Stannis.

The part where he tells his daughter he loves her had all the feels you need for an entire season. Stannis is as strong as steel but even he can bend to mortal emotions like love :black101:

Melisandre is totally gonna burn that awesome little girl.