Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

computer parts posted:

Which chapters were released before ADWD came out?

There was a Tyrion chapter where he meets Illyrio that was subsequently changed for ADWD. Illyrio wants to give "the boy" the "sword" and this chapter is a big driver of the speculation that Aegon is a Blackfyre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ive read what i wrote like 10 times now and i dont understand how anyone could read that as some kind of approval or defense of the scene. Youre loving dumb and im even dumber for replying in a way that implied you had a point.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ive read what i wrote like 10 times now and i dont understand how anyone could read that as some kind of approval or defense of the scene. Youre loving dumb and im even dumber for replying in a way that implied you had a point.

You must be even thicker than I thought.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah so? He's saying that to defend his precious raping.

Learn to read before you call other people retards.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You must be even thicker than I thought.

Then by all means reply with something other than bullshit. Show where i endorsed the scene or said i would be upset if it was removed.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Who trolls the Bad Thread? That's just low.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
knuc if you buck

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Learn to read before you call other people retards.

Why else would he say what he said? The people who are attacking that scene for focusing in Theon's face have a legitimate complaint. The only reason to attack their argument is if you are stupid, or if you liked the rape.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

mossyfisk posted:

Who trolls the Bad Thread? That's just low.

We had people calling for GRRMs return a few days ago i dont even know whats real anymore

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why else would he say what he said? The people who are attacking that scene for focusing in Theon's face have a legitimate complaint. The only reason to attack their argument is if you are stupid, or if you liked the rape.
Sofie Turner very likely is not being paid enough to put an explicit rape scene on her young careers rap sheet AND hbo and the audience were not about to let a full shot of that air.

Was it the best alternative? Probably not, but I do question the legitimacy of that particular complaint, especially when someones saying its purposefully done to imply that a person watching a rape is having a worse time than someone BEING raped.

I said it because its ridiculous and wrong. It's ascribing really sinister intent and a lot of careful thought to something better explained by a lack of options presented to people already making bad decisions regularly.

I would guess they cut to theon because he's the only person in the room who is remotely shootable at that moment and his face translates what he's seeing without the need to put sofie turner permanently on blast on GRRM and every other pervo's dvr and stir a shitstorm worse than what they have now. There are plenty of reasons that are more believeable than someone thinking "yeah but drat what about theon? Thats worse".

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 22, 2015

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Is it this thread?

they respect this thread for making hte absolute fucker certificate

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Sofie Turner very likely is not being paid enough to put an explicit rape scene on her young careers rap sheet AND hbo and the audience were not about to let a full shot of that air.

Was it the best alternative? Probably not, but I do question the legitimacy of that particular complaint, especially when someones saying its purposefully done to imply that a person watching a rape is having a worse time than someone BEING raped.

I said it because its ridiculous and wrong. It's ascribing really sinister intent and a lot of careful thought to something better explained by a lack of options presented to people already making bad decisions regularly.

Totally. hanlon's razor duder

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This wouldn't have been an issue if they stuck to GRRM's original vision for the scene.

:barf:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I didnt say it was "good" mr mean names.

Its not good because the show isnt good as elaborated by glistening hodor. I'm seeing a lot of people tying themselves in knots trying to blame the not goodness on some insensitivity, glorification or something like the Theon complaint mentioned. People are going out on limbs to explain why their favorite show made a boo boo while ignoring all the oher dumb poo poo that goes on too.

I thought it was a gross scene that was supposed to upset you, done in a way thats about consistent with all the other poorly handled moments of horror of this kind in the show.

People are majorly upset because it was sansa, not because it was a unique gently caress up in asoiaf or the show.

Also you are rude.

It really is because of who she is (was? eh? eh?) that people are so salty. She was a pretty virgin who had kept her precious highborn hymen intact through all of the everyone else suffering and dying while she ate her bitter lemon cakes.

No hate for her but the random peasants and whores being murdered and raped on and off screen/page didn't generate this kind of outrage.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
ASoIaF: the rapes aren't as good on TV.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You got a bonus sibling rape though!

:barf:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Late on this, but being upset that the camera went to Theon instead of a full on shot of Sansa being doggystyled because you think it makes it look like theon is the one suffering the worst of it is soooooooooooo funny.

The camera was on Theon because he was doing the most important thing in the room: trying to figure out if Ramsay was inside Sansa or if Sansa was inside Ramsay.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Hey, look on the bright side, at least she waited until marriage to have sex.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Little Kielbasa posted:

The camera was on Theon because he was doing the most important thing in the room: trying to figure out if Ramsay was inside Sansa or if Sansa was inside Ramsay.

I think that was Reek realising that the universe was Sansa's oval office and therefore Winterfell was inside Sansa. It's what truly broke him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think you'll find that that was "The Prince of Winterfell" not reek.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Hey, look on the bright side, at least she waited until marriage to have sex.

Every cloud.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

On the plus(?) side, I think we've found our replacement A_H.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I wish I got a screencap but I was playing CK2 as the Mormonts, just minding my business in the north when I get this message: "Danaerys Targaryen has died of gonorrhoea".

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

LOL. Intel&Sebastian, you put far too much effort into defending your perfectly sensible point.

It's a standard horror shot, showing a witness to something terrible rather than the act itself. 'Your imagination is capable of far worse' etc etc. Doesn't mean it's trying to say the guy watching a demon eat a girl is having a worse time than the girl just because the camera is focused on him.

And acknowledging this has no bearing whatsoever on any other views you might have about that scene. Jesus.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

LOL. Intel&Sebastian, you put far too much effort into defending your perfectly sensible point.

It's a standard horror shot, showing a witness to something terrible rather than the act itself. 'Your imagination is capable of far worse' etc etc. Doesn't mean it's trying to say the guy watching a demon eat a girl is having a worse time than the girl just because the camera is focused on him.

And acknowledging this has no bearing whatsoever on any other views you might have about that scene. Jesus.

:hf: Junkenstein coming up in here with some mad logic.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Gotta get upset about something I guess.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
I feel bad I even brought it up. It was a dumb point that was probably made by feminists on Twitter in outrage.

It's just a commonly used plot in most movies/shows but only now it's mah GoT waifu Samsa!

Was the scene tasteless? Yeah. Was it supposed to be? You bet your fat pink mast it was. It was supposed to outrage people but at this point people seem to be tired of it. The "good guys" winning (or doing anything of interest) has been too long in the making for them.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Late on this, but being upset that the camera went to Theon instead of a full on shot of Sansa being doggystyled because you think it makes it look like theon is the one suffering the worst of it is soooooooooooo funny.

Like do they think there was something real important going on in the rooms top right corner in resevoir dogs when mr. Blonde was doing his thing?

Yeah, I too feel that shot should have been of Sansa getting raped.. you know for.. reasons.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How much of a sensitive little retard do you have to be to not understand why the sansa rape was bad.There was a bad rape you little dipshit stop qqing and looking around at other movies to prove it wasn't bad, you look like an asshat.

aww babby's first troll :)

A Major Fucker posted:

there's a site that is to westeros.org as something sensitive is to something awful called is winter coming and all they do is say george r rr martin's a fag and make fun of his blog posts and forum moderators. it owns

It's been a while, but they used to have a pretty funny break down of the "grrmlins" basically all the different types of kiss rear end commentors on his blog.

unrelated, but:

edit: WILDCARDS NEWS!

A Famous Editor posted:

I should underline the fact that I am the Editor GOH at Conquest (Brandon Sanderson is the Author Guest of Honor). I've been editing books just as long as I've been writing them (the first book I ever published was one I'd edited, not one I'd written), and to date I've been editor or co-editor on thirty-eight anthologies, with number thirty-nine on the way. Yet this will be be the first time that any con has ever honored me for my editorial work.

Yes, I will be reading a chapter from THE WINDS OF WINTER there, and yes, I'll talk about ICE AND FIRE and my other writing... but the emphasis at Conquest will be on my editing, especially the WILD CARDS series, and one of my two scheduled autograph sessions will be limited to the anthologies I've edited. Just sayin'.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 22, 2015

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Junkenstein posted:

While we're on the subject of Theon's face in that scene, have there been any good phtoshop/gifs made with it yet?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

kcroy posted:

aww babby's first troll :)

Maybe of you left this thread once in a while you brain damaged old oval office, you'd be more aware of my work.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why didn't JJ Abrams guest direct my beloved rape scene? He would have done it right.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
I also would like to know this so I can have the picture of Theon crying and write "When you in the bathroom alone and someone sits in the stall right next to you" in Comic Sans.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why didn't JJ Abrams guest direct my beloved rape scene? He would have done it right.

Don't set up the lens flare jokes. Please. They're so very played out.

Personally I want to see Neil Blompkamp do it. Rape scenes are so much better when they're tinged with a third grader's presentation of class disparity and done with a South African accent. Oh and it's faux-documentary for the first third cause...

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Maybe of you left this thread once in a while you brain damaged old oval office, you'd be more aware of my work.

It's kind of funny, I can totally picture you clicking on my name, looking for something to attack me for.. and just seeing pages and pages of GRRM posts. You groan inside. Oh gently caress man, no posts in TVIV anywhere? No opinions on sports? or politics? Just loving 10 years of GRRM posts? gently caress this man, nothing is worth reading all that poo poo.

"LOL U ONLY WRITE IN 1 FORUMS"

well played Ser. well played indeed.

But I think you might have overlooked my posts in the Wild Cards thread. And if you go back far enough, I have a wonderful piece of fanfic. Surely your wicked barbs can bite deep into the exposed flesh of my aspirations at being a famous writer?

Here, I will share a glimpse:

SAM

Sam always knew his calling was a scholarly one – but never did he think the information in a dusty old book could matter so much… to the him, to his Brothers, to all of Westeros. “Dragon Glass”, he muttered to himself. How stupid we all were. A dragon cried out in the distance… startled he hunched down further and scurried even faster to the wall. He must tell the Lord Commander at once.

JON

John Snow – reborn thanks to the Red God – felt like he was in hell. Since the fire had been breathed into his throat it had scored and burned him. Not in his lungs, but in his Belly. His intestines writhed like the many pronged Weirwood cocks he had seen in his dreams. His anus hurt more than the time he and Robb played “hide the pinecone”.

His bowels released for the 20th time since he had woken up this morning. He knew not what magic kept them full, for he had not eaten since his brothers had fed him cold hard steel in the yard below.

Yet still it came, brown clumped waves of nightsoil, containing strange nuts and kernals he had surely never seen before, much less eaten. His boots and breeches were stained and splattered, and even Ghost would not come near him for the stench. Yes, surely this is hell, he thought as another cramp wracked his body – a river of filth belching forth from his beaten and torn nether hole.

DANY

Only when flying had she been this high above the ground. She had heard stories of the wall, but could not believe that she stood upon it. Below her she watched her dragons dive and strike… burning the Others and their pale Wights.

Across from her she watched the strange Lord Commander, flopping about uncontrollably in his growing pile of waste. He was not what she expected. She had been surprised to hear they were related – but even more surprised to find they shared the same affliction. Even as she formed the thought, her bowels released yet again, showering her bearers with slimy brown berries.

“Daenerys poo poo-Berries” they called her in Lannis Port. Indeed she’d poo poo fire and brimstone from above, her precious children turning Casterly Rock into a pile of slag. Her bearers were taken from the many slaves they had captured, and should be honored by her bowel’s blessing. Now if only she could find a way to manage the growing undead horde that formed on the other side of this forsaken wall.

SAM
By the time he reached the top of the wall, his hands were frozen near solid around the book. Gilly’s breast milk had frozen on his chin and even the dried semen stains on his pants seemed harder and colder than before. He looked the length of the wall, and could tell everything was coming together as foretold

“JON! PRINCESS! I HAVE IT!” he shouted, as he brandished the book above his head. He was barely heard over the din from the battle below. He ran as fast as his fat jelly filled legs would carry him.

Jon had pulled himself out of the shitpile and now stood next to Daenyr’s litter – which was slowing moving out of its own pile of filth. The scent was horrible beyond anything he had experienced. Even when he had earned his golden submission ring from the Maestyrs in the OldTown sewers.

“We always thought it was ‘Dragon Glass’ he piped in his hobbit like little voice… but here, in the original.. it translates more accurately to ‘Dragon’s rear end’!”

“Don’t you see – you are both of Targaryen Blood! You both have the Bowels of Fire the prophesy talks about! And we have the Horn!” Sam whined.

“Sam – to use the horn would bring down the very wall we depend upon!”, Jon muttered in between the animal like growls his nether hole was making.

“Trust me" Sam shouted… "you must listen! Point your bowels North – towards the enemy!

They both looked at him, but the idea of not sitting in their own poo poo suddenly seemed very appealing. As they turned their battered fudge-holes over the wall, the very air shimmered, and even the Dragons seemed to sense something magical was about to happen.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Glans flare?

I am not sorry.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please stop. You're just making GBS threads up the thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That dollhouse shot that Wes Anderson loves, showing all the rapes in all the rooms of the Dreadfort, as plucky, quirky girls with bob haircuts plink on ukuleles doing upbeat covers of Righteous Brothers songs.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

This is good. Where can I read the rest of this Winds preview chapter?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

RCarr posted:

Please stop. You're just making GBS threads up the thread.

What is poo poo may never be shat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ZShakespeare posted:

What is poo poo may never be shat.

It is known.