Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nitrox posted:

I think you accidentally got a motorcycle in your flag picture.

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

Grommy grom grom.

Needs more horsepower. But it does get a lot of attention.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

MetalClawWolf posted:

Grommy grom grom.

Needs more horsepower. But it does get a lot of attention.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/prodcat/211-40a-2150-honda-grom-2014-15-camshaft-st-1m.asp

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

Yeah I've looked at all that stuff but my biggest problem is the elevation. 7k feet. Its a fun run around bike though.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Living in Flagstaff? Perfect bike since the highest speed limit is like 35. :suicide:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I think you accidentally got a motorcycle in your flag picture.

:911:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So your parents moved here from Austria then?

I think this joke has gone way over my head.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Rode with zie chermans over memorial day.

My wife's new seat upholstery is looking pretty good.

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Living in Flagstaff? Perfect bike since the highest speed limit is like 35. :suicide:

I actually live and work in the Grand Canyon.

Im thinking about maybe hauling the grom down to phoenix and trying out one of those minibike race nights at PKRA

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

MetalClawWolf posted:

I actually live and work in the Grand Canyon.

What do you do there? I know a few people that have worked there, and some that may still be there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Swanky! I can make out R11xx, what's the exact model/year?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's a 2002 R1150R. Fairing is cheapo Emgo part.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

A pic of our bikes when I first started riding with a mate 5 or so years ago.
The purple ZZR was mine. I fell off on a corner and absolutely ruined the fairing though.

My current bike. Had this for a few years now, though this is an old photo
It looks pretty much the same as it did back then except it still needs a wash.

MetalClawWolf
Jun 1, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

What do you do there? I know a few people that have worked there, and some that may still be there.

I work for the NPS as a 911 Dispatcher. I'm also a firefighter and EMT.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Just got it today! Torque is insane compared to my old 250.

hit the bricks pal! fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 30, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

brotastrophe posted:

That bike... looks like a brotastrophe. :c00lbutt:

cool bike. Have fun with the power.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I can see now why every SV650 has an aftermarket can. Ditch that poo poo pronto, enjoy your two little angry hammers as they should be heard.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Like children, a motorcycle should be seen and not heard.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

brotastrophe posted:

Hello 2005 blue SV650 buddy :buddy:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Slavvy posted:

I can see now why every SV650 has an aftermarket can. Ditch that poo poo pronto, enjoy your two little angry hammers as they should be heard.

No kidding, that looks like total dogshit.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Yeah that'll be my next upgrade after some different handlebars.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My friends have been begging me to get a PS4 or an XBone. I got this instead. Tell me about my terrible financial decisions.

Finally decided to get out and take some glamour shots of the girl. She's a 1999 Yamaha SR150 (probably built under license here in Taiwan). My first motorcycle, too. I've been driving a 125cc Kymco scooter since October, and I've ridden an ATV before; this is my first time one a proper two wheeler.

Living in the small city that I do, it's more or less the gateway to the mountains in this area, there are two reservoirs that are within a five minute drive of my apartment. The one closest has a very nice twisty road that I practiced on almost every weekend with my scooter, and am now practicing with my bike. Not a lot of traffic, and what is there is slow.

Alishan, a very popular mountain near here, is lurking behind those low clouds.

Both of my valiant steeds.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've lived near Seattle for almost 30 years and I've never actually gone up to Mt. Rainier until yesterday. Only really seen it from the US2 trestle coming out of Everett. It's, uh, big up close. Supposed to have a greater geographic prominence than Everest. Lots of well-groomed forest service roads up in that area. I must return.

This is supposed to be a scenic viewpoint:

drat it clouds, that was almost a perfect photo. Now I need to photoshop an American flag up there:

So what do y'all think - do I need red anodized wheels? I think I do.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 1, 2015

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

clutchpuck posted:

Hell yeah! And a gold bald eagle ornament on your windscreen. :911:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

My friends have been begging me to get a PS4 or an XBone. I got this instead. Tell me about my terrible financial decisions.

Finally decided to get out and take some glamour shots of the girl. She's a 1999 Yamaha SR150 (probably built under license here in Taiwan). My first motorcycle, too. I've been driving a 125cc Kymco scooter since October, and I've ridden an ATV before; this is my first time one a proper two wheeler.

Living in the small city that I do, it's more or less the gateway to the mountains in this area, there are two reservoirs that are within a five minute drive of my apartment. The one closest has a very nice twisty road that I practiced on almost every weekend with my scooter, and am now practicing with my bike. Not a lot of traffic, and what is there is slow.

Alishan, a very popular mountain near here, is lurking behind those low clouds.

Both of my valiant steeds.

Something that actually does poo poo and moves you from place to place is always a better financial decision than a bullshit first world bauble gadget nobody loving needs.

clutchpuck posted:

I've lived near Seattle for almost 30 years and I've never actually gone up to Mt. Rainier until yesterday. Only really seen it from the US2 trestle coming out of Everett. It's, uh, big up close. Supposed to have a greater geographic prominence than Everest. Lots of well-groomed forest service roads up in that area. I must return.

This is supposed to be a scenic viewpoint:

drat it clouds, that was almost a perfect photo. Now I need to photoshop an American flag up there:

I'm a little surprised you didn't theseus it up and swap the green plastics over from the last one.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I gave the guy who bought it the option to go home with fresh blue plastics, but he said the reason he came out to see it in the first place was the green.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

YF19pilot posted:

Congrats. I tried valiantly to find the service manual for you, but every link looked like a fast track to zero balance and five years of credit repair.

All teh awesome majesteek peektures EVERYWHERE BUT IN THE WEEKLY CONTEST THREAD.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

I gave the guy who bought it the option to go home with fresh blue plastics, but he said the reason he came out to see it in the first place was the green.

:psyduck: there's more than one of you out there.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Marv Hushman posted:

Congrats. I tried valiantly to find the service manual for you, but every link looked like a fast track to zero balance and five years of credit repair.

This was my experience, too, which is why I asked. For now, looks like I'll have to get chummy with the local mechanic until I figure my way around it. Granted mechanics here are pretty cheap, so as long as nothing major happens I should be okay.

Slavvy posted:

Something that actually does poo poo and moves you from place to place is always a better financial decision than a bullshit first world bauble gadget nobody loving needs.

Once I get comfortable, like really comfortable, it's going to move me all around this island. I'm planning a short ride (maybe ~30 min one way) for next weekend, then will eventually build up to making a run up to Alishan. My goal is to be able to take off work and spend a week or two doing a lap of the island. My boss says I need to get The Witcher 3, but I haven't seen Hualien yet.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

:psyduck: there's more than one of you out there.

Guns and coffee, bro.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
You people and your wonderful northern hemisphere spring/summer. Here's how my bike greeted me earlier this week:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Spring/summer my rear end, it may be sunny here in southern Ontario but its 11 loving degrees C.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bought this thing today

It's incredible and i'm really really happy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mad.radhu posted:

Is that an MT-07? I've got an irrational hard-on for the lame-segment yamahas for some reason. They just look so cheerful and fun to ride around town.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

Is that an MT-07? I've got an irrational hard-on for the lame-segment yamahas for some reason. They just look so cheerful and fun to ride around town.

US version, FZ-07. Absolutely fantastic to ride.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

mad.radhu posted:

Every time some foreigner rants about the MT-07, I quietly kill someone. Seriously, WTF Yamaha Australia giving us a gimped version and no full-power option???

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I saw one in a showroom last weekend (downstairs from a pretty huge gear shop) but I was mostly looking at the base model R1. The -07 struck me as a modern, handsome take on the theme the SV650 started.

I am, however, irritated to learn that we get the crummy version here, too. LAMS giveth, and LAMS taketh away.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

mad.radhu posted:

WELCOME TO THE FOLD and great choice of colour, twin bike owner.

Barnsy posted:

Every time some foreigner rants about the MT-07, I quietly kill someone. Seriously, WTF Yamaha Australia giving us a gimped version and no full-power option???

I had to look it up on Yamaha Australia's website, and uh what the gently caress 655cc motor? Not only is it smaller than the one we get but it has a lot less power too. Great job Australia!

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 7, 2015

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

VERTiG0 posted:

WELCOME TO THE FOLD and great choice of colour, twin bike owner.

I had to look it up on Yamaha Australia's website, and uh what the gently caress 655cc motor? Not only is it smaller than the one we get but it has a lot less power too. Great job Australia!

I'd be quite happy if they had a restricted version for LAMS, but for god's sake let us have the full beans. You lose like 20hp because of the restriction, that takes it from a fast LAMS bike to a great all-rounder. Only reduces your options for a modern middle-weight.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Parallel twins taking over CA

Or as I like to call them, 0 degree v-twins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Parallel twins taking over CA

Or as I like to call them, 0 degree v-twins

Unbloomed v-twins.