Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Endorph posted:

my girlfriend lost like ten pounds of muscle once she quit doing band.

When I quite doing band, I lost whatever scraps of musical competency I had, but i gained so much in dignity and a lot of free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
thats really rude keanu

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

it's kinda nuts how most of the people i know watching this think kousaka is boring and shuichi is just perfect for kimiko :psyduck:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

it's kinda nuts how most of the people i know watching this think kousaka is boring and shuichi is just perfect for kimiko :psyduck:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

e: whaaaaaaaaat?

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 30, 2015

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

That is an extremely odd thing to think. Tell us more about these people. What do they have to say about Ore Monogatari!? In the Daredevil series on Netflix, do they like Karen with Matt or Foggy? How did they feel about episode 6 of the current season of Game of Thrones? Bernie Sanders, yay or nay? I want to get into the head of a crazy person.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Pringleton posted:

That is an extremely odd thing to think. Tell us more about these people. What do they have to say about Ore Monogatari!? In the Daredevil series on Netflix, do they like Karen with Matt or Foggy? How did they feel about episode 6 of the current season of Game of Thrones? Bernie Sanders, yay or nay? I want to get into the head of a crazy person.

idk about ore monogatari, but several hate the main trio of matt, foggy and karen and only kept watching because of fisk and his crew

some people have real hosed up tastes

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Some people can't stand anything but heterosexual relationships in the media they consume, often because they are small minded bigots who can't bear to see a character give affection to someone who isn't their self-insert. Other people can't stand anything but homosexual relationships in the media they consume, often because they are fetishists who can't bear to see the a character taint their purity with someone of the same gender as the audience. Both attitudes are wrong. Never watch with pre-conceptions, for they will only harm your understanding.

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Some people can't stand anything but heterosexual relationships in the media they consume, often because they are small minded bigots who can't bear to see a character give affection to someone who isn't their self-insert. Other people can't stand anything but homosexual relationships in the media they consume, often because they are fetishists who can't bear to see the a character taint their purity with someone of the same gender as the audience. Both attitudes are wrong. Never watch with pre-conceptions, for they will only harm your understanding.

Being relieved to know you're the same as someone else is stupid. I want to resist going along with all those perfect people.

Maybe not everything, but you kind of get it, right? That sort of crazy feeling?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

http://a.pomf.se/ntbmqs.webm

Seriously. There's something about Shuichi that just irritates the poo poo out of the audience. There is something about the way he is framed by the camera. He never starts off as the focus of the shots, and instead always slides into frame from off-screen, so it always feels like he's intruding on the Kumiko's and the audience's train of thought.

Personality wise, he has none. We have absolutely no idea what's going through his head, we only know him through Kumiko, and from that she can barely put up with the guy.

Kyoani is capable of making really hot guys. Oreki was hot, the Frees were hot, and here Gotou and Taki are hot. With Shuichi, Kyoani pulled out all the stops to make him the antithesis of hot.

And instead, Kousaka sets Kumiko's and the audience's hearts a-flutter.

Gotou is hot? I mean, yeah, everyone in a KyoAni production is drawn cute (including, yes, Shuichi), but I don't recall the cinematography drawing much attention to it in Gotou's case.

Phobophilia posted:

We still agree Reina is the superior alternative though, right?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Gotou is hot? I mean, yeah, everyone in a KyoAni production is drawn cute (including, yes, Shuichi), but I don't recall the cinematography drawing much attention to it in Gotou's case.

There's a part where Gotou talks about how cool it is to support the band with Tuba and it's the cutest thing in a show full of cute stuff. Gotou is the best.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, Gotou's pretty great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

and some people make bad posts, often because they are phobophilia

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

y'all care mad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

y'all care mad

you have no fukin idea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

y'all care mad
incredibly

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What's the point of watching anime if you're not gonna care, imo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I watch anime and feel nothing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Even Ping Pong?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Insurrectionist posted:

What's the point of watching anime if you're not gonna care, imo.

To reach a true sense of zen, one must relinquish all thought and cares for the world. The ultimate pleasure is derived through becoming unable to care.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I see you haven't opened your heart to moe

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That post was a lie, my heart is full of moe and burning spirit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

That post was a lie, my heart is full of moe and burning spirit.

You should probably see a doctor about that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

aers posted:

oh man this show is really good at subtle character stuff its so refreshing but BY GOD unless they outright kiss its a complete failure

KyoAni: The Show

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/eupho_not_lily/with_replies

This person is very mad about KyoAni's plot changes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

0 following 1 followers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also if some of the book spoilers I've read are true I'm drat glad they changed it because ugh.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

aers posted:

goodness gracious me

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

aers posted:

Now I want Kumiko and Kousaka to hold hands even more.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

aers posted:

im guessing from the lily in the name that person is mad about lesbians?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

im guessing from the lily in the name that person is mad about lesbians?

indeed.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

0 following 1 followers

I would follow it, if I could read Japanese.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Sakurazuka posted:

Also if some of the book spoilers I've read are true I'm drat glad they changed it because ugh.

I'm guessing you, like most of the 99.999999999999999999999% of people commenting about the novels in English, haven't read it. Since I can't actively talk about the novels, but people who haven't feel free to spoil them, all I can say is that you're incredibly wrong because most of the talk centered around them is about poo poo that isn't really relevant in them. The past four days have shown how toxic the Western anime fandom is, including people here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You seem mad for some reason.

That's your Twitter, isn't it?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

ultimatemegax posted:

I'm guessing you, like most of the 99.999999999999999999999% of people commenting about the novels in English, haven't read it. Since I can't actively talk about the novels, but people who haven't feel free to spoil them, all I can say is that you're incredibly wrong because most of the talk centered around them is about poo poo that isn't really relevant in them. The past four days have shown how toxic the Western anime fandom is, including people here.

That's, uh, really vague.

EDIT: I mean, wading into a discussion with 'SOME OF YOU ARE WRONG' is kinda unhelpful.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 31, 2015

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

What, are they going to revoke your JLPT if you spoil the most sacred of anime novels?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ultimatemegax posted:

Lol what the heck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*wants the cutest couple to end up together*

'Ugh loving toxic anime fans!'

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lol what the heck.

Yeah uh

Just talk about the dang novels if you wanna tell people why they're wrong!

It's better to do that, than to do meaningless grandstanding that says nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's better to be excellent to each other and explain your reasoning, instead of calling someone toxic for not liking a spoiler they heard about.

• Locked thread