Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MaxxBot posted:

I've found the real cause of the shooting, liberals!

http://townhall.com/columnists/rach...15506/page/full

"when he bought into the left’s mantra"

Council of Conservative Citizens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

:eng101: He did not use the n-word, he mentioned it! For example,

A: Todd Starnes is a fuckface.
B: Todd Starnes, the word 'fuckface' has eight letters in it.
C: Don't call people fuckfaces, fuckface.

In A, I just called Todd Starnes a fuckface. In B, I did not call anyone a fuckface, nor did I say anything about whether it is okay or not to use the word! In C, I both used and mentioned the word fuckface!

Are you yourself a fuckface? This is important.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Big McHuge posted:

When arguing with people about racism, what is the correct way to fight against the "well other races are just as much if not more racist than white people!" argument, aside from pointing out that even if that was true that doesn't excuse a racist point of view in the first place.

And no, severing is not an option, as I am dating her.

Maybe, but have you thought that maybe-

Being serious though, tell her that wouldn't hold up if we took the word 'racist' and replaced it with 'murder' "Look, that guy killed 9 unarmed African American people in a church. I only smothered my children in their sleep, why're you being so bitchy about this!"

Someone else being worse does not excuse another of their crime.

'I burned my house down to try and collect the insurance money.' 'I burned my house down and doped my husband up and left him inside to try and collect on house insurance and life insurance.'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 23, 2015

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Crocodile tears from Fox News talking heads.

Charleston: Why didn't anyone help Dylann Roof?

Funny how mental health issues are only ever brought up when a white boy does something bad. And of course this is coming from the same people who are all too eager to defund anything related to public health services.

Reagan decimates funding for mental health. A few years later "Well gee, why isn't anybody helping these poor crazies?"

I loving WONDER.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MaxxBot posted:

I've found the real cause of the shooting, liberals!

http://townhall.com/columnists/rach...15506/page/full

Why haven't the blacks stopped white privilege yet? :qq:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Reagan decimates funding for mental health. A few years later "Well gee, why isn't anybody helping these poor crazies?"

I loving WONDER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKA97GcGpM

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

site posted:

"when he bought into the left’s mantra"

Council of Conservative Citizens

The name doesn't matter, Dylann Roof is a de facto lieberal spurred on by lieberal propaganda because conservatives would never shoot up a church.
The Council of Conservative Citizens had nothing to do with it, they didn't publish an article calling readers to shoot nine people at a Bible study at the Emanuel AME Church on June 17, 2015 did they??
Anyway I've known Earl Holt for 30 years and there's not a racist bone in his body, don't judge people you haven't met :smug:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

James Garfield posted:

The name doesn't matter, Dylann Roof is a de facto lieberal spurred on by lieberal propaganda because conservatives would never shoot up a church.
The Council of Conservative Citizens had nothing to do with it, they didn't publish an article calling readers to shoot nine people at a Bible study at the Emanuel AME Church on June 17, 2015 did they??
Anyway I've known Earl Holt for 30 years and there's not a racist bone in his body, don't judge people you haven't met :smug:
Conservatism cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm always torn when I see this because Frisky Dingo is my favorite show but this clip hits too close to reality to be funny anymore. :smith:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I need to go off the grid for like 3 days in the mountains after the past loving week. I'm been hitting the political bullshit sauce too hard and now I'm just upset all the time.

First "jigaboo music", now the President saying "friend of the family", it's just too much for me. For some reason, dogs have been barking the past 5 days in my neighborhood...

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

When arguing with people about racism, what is the correct way to fight against the "well other races are just as much if not more racist than white people!" argument, aside from pointing out that even if that was true that doesn't excuse a racist point of view in the first place.

And no, severing is not an option, as I am dating her.

I would sever but as a black person, I don't have the privilege of ignoring racist nonsense from my significant other and still being able to look in the mirror without shame.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

It's really upsetting that poor Ted Cruz, while speaking at an event with a giant picture of a gun on the wall, was in a photo along with that picture. My heart goes out to the victim of this unfortunate incident, but we have to remember that this is the risk we take in exchange for having the freedom to stand near giant pictures of guns.
If only Ted Cruz had had a picture of a gun...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/andrea-tantaros-confederate-flag-charleston

quote:

“You know what baffles the mind?” Tantaros said. “This isn't a Republican flag. Historically this was the flag of southern Democrats, remember that, fact?”

“I find this flag offensive,” Tantaros continued. “This flag represents the fight in slavery and it was a flag that the southern Democrats — Democrats — used to fly against Northern Republicans so I’m not sure why Republicans are getting peppered over this.”

Video at the link is wrong, should be here eventually.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/outnumbered/index.html

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One of the most :wtf: things I have read about Obama saying friend of the family

From Allen West's website

Why, as a white woman, I am deeply offended by Obama’s use of the n-word

quote:

I thought I was done working for the day, but I’m sorry. I cannot sit here and listen to the president say such horrible things about “my people.” And by “my people” I’m talking about the majority of white Americans who ARE NOT RACISTS.

Race relations in this nation appear to be at an all time low and we have a BLACK president. What am I missing here? And he was elected TWICE?

But Obama’s use of the word isn’t the problem to me. What IS the problem is his quote where he says “the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives…that’s still part of our DNA that’s passed on. We’re not cured of it.”

No, Mr. President it’s NOT part of our DNA and I’m really sick and tired of you and the merry band of race baiters telling me over and over again that my white skin means I can NEVER escape my inherent racism. It is no more part of my DNA than female is in Bruce Jenner’s or Rachel Dolezal’s is black.

Institutionalized racism is no longer part of our nation. That doesn’t mean racist people don’t exist – but they exist among EVERY ethnic group. And not only are there racists, but we have anti-Semites and anti-Christians and ageists and “fat-ists” — I could go on ad infinitum.

But I am deeply offended by the assumption that I must carry vestiges of racism because I am white – and of course because I am a conservative. Even though of course MY boss (Col. Allen West) is black – but he doesn’t count.

I am at a loss. What more can we white folk do? When will WE be freed of those racist chains? What more must we do to absolve ourselves of the sins of the fathers?

I don’t really know what white people can do as a whole to prove they no longer carry the bigot gene. But I do know we cannot move forward if the man who holds the very highest office in the land keeps dragging us back.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/why-as-a-white-woman-i-am-deeply-offended-by-obamas-use-of-the-n-word/

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t really know what muslims can do as a whole to prove they no longer carry the terrorist gene.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One of the most :wtf: things I have read about Obama saying friend of the family

From Allen West's website

Why, as a white woman, I am deeply offended by Obama’s use of the n-word

http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/why-as-a-white-woman-i-am-deeply-offended-by-obamas-use-of-the-n-word/

Ben Carson should sit LTC West down and have a nice talk with him.

quote:

[Note: clearly this article was NOT written by Allen West]

:lol: Clearly, yep.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

McDowell posted:

I don’t really know what muslims can do as a whole to prove they no longer carry the terrorist gene.

Nothing. The right is going to trump them up as The Great Enemy until they need a new bogeyman/it's more convenient to be friends with them. Look at how the right has treated Russia and how that changed. They were The Great Enemy until the USSR fell apart but now they can't help but talk about how badass and awesome Putin is and why can't we be more like those Russians?

Soon as Russia quit being a convenient Great Enemy they needed a new one and picked Islam.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to have to bookmark Allen West's site. Seems to be jam-packed with hard-hitting journalism, lending to must-read titles like, "Why Obama's Daddy Issues Might Cause WWIII"*

* - Not an Onion article.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just wanted to let everyone know as I walked by my dad watching fox news they were discussing how now is not the time to talk gun control, it's just too soon after such a tragedy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Whatever rear end in a top hat was filling in for Hannity today said that we have to just TOTALLY ignore what shooters say because they are crazy and you can't take what they say seriously.

It's loving amazing to see the mental gymnastics at work this week.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I really just want to see what it is that can finally break the back of right wingers. NRA busted in undeniable mexican gun smuggling scheme? Lost reagen diaries of love affair with labor? I mean I just really can't imagine when they're able to handwave and bury all of the insane poo poo that has happened over the past decade.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I really just want to see what it is that can finally break the back of right wingers. NRA busted in undeniable mexican gun smuggling scheme? Lost reagen diaries of love affair with labor? I mean I just really can't imagine when they're able to handwave and bury all of the insane poo poo that has happened over the past decade.

Gay marriage being legalized will be a big blow

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Gay marriage being legalized will be a big blow

I mean more of what will blow up the right wing ideology via hypocrisy. Gay marriage will sting, but it'll just be the same as those pesky blacks. Dog whistle it all the way home.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Asproigerosis posted:

I mean more of what will blow up the right wing ideology via hypocrisy. Gay marriage will sting, but it'll just be the same as those pesky blacks. Dog whistle it all the way home.

Hypocrisy doesn't really derail movements, it's really strange that people continually think it does.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh my god they're doing it, the conservative rhetoric's role in the shooting is so damning to them that they're actually bringing the "slavers were Democrats!" fallacies into the mainstream. Then by the time the idiots who buy it are corrected by Facebook friends/blog posts/whatever (since let's be honest, it's not like the media is going to come out and say "hey this is completely wrong and here's how and why the parties switched") even more time will have passed and there's less will to act. Which is exactly what they want.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

CNN themselves let a flag defender on

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-guest-defends-confederate-flag-efforts-to-remove-are-cultural-genocide/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

He is glistening

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Asproigerosis posted:

You're not going to see the right wing die out in one scandal. They're going to slowly burn out over time if they go away at all.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

You know what's gonna kill the right wing in America?

Information.

Information is gonna bludgeon them, via the internet. And it's gonna be a beautiful loving murder.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thump! posted:

Information.

Information is gonna bludgeon them, via the internet. And it's gonna be a beautiful loving murder.

Hey while you're back in 1996, could you pick me up a copy of Einhander for the PSX?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Koalas March posted:

I would sever but as a black person, I don't have the privilege of ignoring racist nonsense from my significant other and still being able to look in the mirror without shame.

The thing is, it's easy to say "oh just sever" when you're not the one actually in a committed relationship and living with said person. I do truly believe that she has a kind heart, just that she's been lead very very far astray because of an upbringing in a deeply religious, conservative household.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You're not going to see the right wing die out in one scandal. They're going to slowly burn out over time if they go away at all.

I'm hoping the GOP throwing the stars & bars under the bus will depress the racist voter turnout, which is pretty significant. I can't imagine they won't be outraged.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Thump! posted:

Information.

Nah authoritarianism and labeling people as others is gonna survive forever anywhere people are having a poo poo run at life and want someone to blame and someone else to tell them who that is

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Asproigerosis posted:

Just wanted to let everyone know as I walked by my dad watching fox news they were discussing how now is not the time to talk gun control, it's just too soon after such a tragedy.

And with tragedies like this happening every few months, well gee, will ya look at that... it's almost like they never want to talk about gun control.

Yet, somehow it wasn't too soon after 9/11 to pass the U.S.A. P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act.

Sir Tonk posted:

Hey while you're back in 1996, could you pick me up a copy of Einhander for the PSX?

This was a sick burn, but I have to go all Fishmech on you and point out that Einhander wasn't released until 1997/1998. Gex would have been a better pull.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 23, 2015

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

beatlegs posted:

I'm hoping the GOP throwing the stars & bars under the bus will depress the racist voter turnout, which is pretty significant. I can't imagine they won't be outraged.

Yeah this is the kind of thing they're going to tear themselves apart over. I think it's more an indicator of how much internal turmoil there is in the party more than anything. Some of them realize that they need new blood or the party is going to literally die off. Meanwhile a bunch of old crazies are clinging to their guns, racism, classism, and hosed up religion and aren't letting go.

Granted this won't drive any of the crazies to be vote Democrat but you did make me wonder if some of them will just take their ball and go home or split the party in two. It kind of puts the party as a whole in a weird situation; some of them want to just keep going right but others understand what a bell curve is and see how much of a disaster that would be.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

ErIog posted:

This was a sick burn, but I have to go all Fishmech on you and point out that Einhander wasn't released until 1997/1998. Gex would have been a better pull.

gently caress that, go to 1993 and get me swag from the Super Star Fox Weekend. I want that drat jacket.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Kilo147 posted:

gently caress that, go to 1993 and get me swag from the Super Star Fox Weekend. I want that drat jacket.

I got the pen with with the little plastic ARwing inside that would glide back and forth when you tilted it at that event.

No loving clue where it went

e:

one of those

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 23, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Good Citizen posted:

I got the pen with with the little plastic ARwing inside that would glide back and forth when you tilted it at that event.

No loving clue where it went

e:

one of those

Oh, sweet mother of mercy. https://youtu.be/s6PEecNY0Sc

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Meanwhile a bunch of old crazies are clinging to their guns, racism, classism, and hosed up religion and aren't letting go.

Granted this won't drive any of the crazies to be vote Democrat but you did make me wonder if some of them will just take their ball and go home or split the party in two. It kind of puts the party as a whole in a weird situation; some of them want to just keep going right but others understand what a bell curve is and see how much of a disaster that would be.

They tried that, it was the Tea Party and they got sucked back into the mainstream GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

- Guns my guns oh my god they're coming for my guns (ignoring that Obama has said nothing about guns and all the gun talk has come from RWM dipshits like Levin himself).

Well, that's not exactly right. When Obama said "this doesn't happen in other developed countries" that was a gun control reference.