Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

The hype is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Eagerly awaiting the Billy the Kid soul form.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh poo poo, I didn't realize the gimmick was the souls of historical figures. Are we going to meet the spirits of Thomas Edison and Isaac Newton?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Raserys posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize the gimmick was the souls of historical figures. Are we going to meet the spirits of Thomas Edison and Isaac Newton?

More Importantly; will they be oddly Japanese

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
should be tesla soul

just sayin

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

should be tesla soul

just sayin

If you want to get really technical, it should be the Franklin Soul.

Though yeah not naming it after some one as awful as Edison would be nice

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh my god its a loving children's superhero show from another country can we not get up in arms over what a poo poo person edison was jesus loving christ

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

oh my god its a loving children's superhero show from another country can we not get up in arms over what a poo poo person edison was jesus loving christ

Wow you're reacting pretty strongly to a mild at best comment of how lovely Edison is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Literally The Worst posted:

I am so up in arms

look at all these arms I am up in there's got to be like five

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fund my kickstarter to go to Japan and protest outside Toei for their shameful depiction of history.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

If you want to get really technical, it should be the Franklin Soul.

Though yeah not naming it after some one as awful as Edison would be nice

The gently caress do you mean "really technical"? Have you just hopped out of your time machine wherein you discovered that they are claiming that the soul that turns Ghost yellow was responsible for discovering electricity? I mean, not that Franklin has that any more than Tesla or Edison mind you, but unless you happen to know that they're attributing things to the soul that are false, how is the insertion of one historical figure technically better than another similar-in-class one?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

petition to change it to the Coolidge soul as it clearly depicts the modern day light bulb

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So not allowed to comment even idly about this without people blowing it out of proportion? Cool, good to know.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

So not allowed to comment even idly about this without people blowing it out of proportion? Cool, good to know.

Threads that aren't in GBS or Chat threads are all seriouspost all the time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what just happened in this thread

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

This one's not my fault!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress if I know!

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I mean, if he doesn't use the Edison Soul against an elephant based motw then it's a total waste imo.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Fooley posted:

I mean, if he doesn't use the Edison Soul against an elephant based motw then it's a total waste imo.

Agreed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fooley posted:

the :agreed: meme

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Fooley posted:

:captainpop:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Jeez, how much will the Drive movie intersect with the show?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Looking forward to Ford Soul

Rei_
May 16, 2004

ToQger crossover so we can get the soul train

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rei_ posted:

ToQger crossover so we can get the soul train

It's gonna crossover with whatever's after Ninninger even though Ghost's villains could probably cross over better than Yokai Roidmude

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Xelkelvos posted:

It's gonna crossover with whatever's after Ninninger even though Ghost's villains could probably cross over better than Yokai Roidmude

Joke------------------------------------------------------->
your head.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Joke------------------------------------------------------->
your head.

The crossover should be Ghost and Den-O. If Ghost and Gaim cross over, there'll be the BooBerry Lockseed

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xelkelvos posted:

The crossover should be Ghost and Den-O. If Ghost and Gaim cross over, there'll be the BooBerry Lockseed

You say that like that wouldn't actually be the best thing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I just started watching Agito and wow I'd heard that G3 was a loser but holy poo poo he got taken apart in his first fight in the first episode. Poor bastard, that was Beast-level secondary rider failure.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I just started watching Agito and wow I'd heard that G3 was a loser but holy poo poo he got taken apart in his first fight in the first episode. Poor bastard, that was Beast-level secondary rider failure.

Well, he is a mere human.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The entire first arc of Agito is basically G3 getting beaten up a bunch, yeah

Rei_
May 16, 2004

G3's like my favourite part of Agito honestly :<

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

G3 is one of my favorite secondary riders. He doesn't win every fight but he still owns.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
He's a man with a strong sense of right and justice in woefully underpowered armor for the first half of the series. Gets a lot better with G3-X though.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

He's a man with a strong sense of right and justice in woefully underpowered armor for the first half of the series. Gets a lot better with G3-X though.

Hikawa's also a big lovable dork. Put all those things together and you've got a likable rider.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Sure G3 is a physical punching bag but I would rather be him than Gills. Life just cant stopping wailing on the poor guy =(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like G3 because daggummit he tries. He's a human who's clearly outmatched by all this stuff that's going on around him but he keeps sticking it out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

G3 is very much the Krillin of his series. He's a completely normal human, who tries his best, keeps getting his rear end kicked yet keeps goddamn trying, and together with his personality this makes him really easy to like.

Meanwhile Agito is the Goku, gets constant new power ups for any situation and is very clearly beyond the rest in power.

And Gills is...Vegeta, I guess? Piccolo? Hard to say, but dude has it rough.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Blaze Dragon posted:

G3 is very much the Krillin of his series. He's a completely normal human, who tries his best, keeps getting his rear end kicked yet keeps goddamn trying, and together with his personality this makes him really easy to like.

Meanwhile Agito is the Goku, gets constant new power ups for any situation and is very clearly beyond the rest in power.

And Gills is...Vegeta, I guess? Piccolo? Hard to say, but dude has it rough.

Yamcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
That's accurate. Remember, it's canon that the dog dies.

• Locked thread